Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands (1321 Views)

Couple Married For 10 Years And Never Had Sex (PHOTO) / Sad But Lovely: Couple Married For 75 Years Die In Each Other's Arms (Photos) / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by ayukdaboss(m): 3:02am On Aug 11, 2014
In one of the most interesting love stories in history, Don and Maxine Simpson from Bakersfield, California, United States, died
a few days ago with their hands firmly clutched to each other’s. The pair, who has been together for 62 years, was inseparable throughout their lifetime, maintaining that strong bond even to their deathbed. They died just four hours apart.

“I knew in my heart this is what’s supposed
to happen – Grandma and grandpa are
supposed to be together and grandma and
grandpa are going to die together,”
granddaughter Melissa Sloan, told KERO News.

Two weeks ago, Don broke his hip after
falling from the stairs. Even though he was
immediately rushed to the hospital for proper medical attention, he never really recovered from that accident. At the same time, the cancer his wife had been fighting also took a painful twist, with the disease sucking up every available strength in her by the minute.

“I told my sister on the phone, we got one
shot to get them together,” Sloan said. Despite their condition, the couple demanded to be together. They were subsequently moved to a spare room in thefamily’s home where they stayed for a while before exiting the world together.

“We kept them together, and had their beds side-by-side,” Sloan said. “Gram woke up and saw him, and held hands and they knew that they were next to each other.”

Knowing she was in safe hands, Maxine soon took her last breath in the hands of the very man she had adored and loved for more than six decades. “I walked them out with her body, walked back in to check on grandpa and he quit
breathing as soon as her body left the room,” Sloan told KERO News. “He left with her, and they passed four hours apart from each other. It’s just amazing. It really is amazing. It’s a true love story,” she said.

Don, a civil engineer in North Dakota, was
stationed in Bakersfield, where he met Maxine at a bowling alley. The two travelled the world together and adopted two songs along the way.

It’s a love story that may remind you of a Hollywood movie, but it’s real.

www.punchng.com/feature/weird-planet/couple-married-for-62-years-dies-holding-hands/

Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 11, 2014
aren't you tired
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by ayukdaboss(m): 3:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: aren't you tired

Lol I'm not..And I'm wondering if you aren't tired of reading undecided
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 11, 2014
i'm not undecided
ayukdaboss:

Lol I'm not..And I'm wondering if you aren't tired of reading undecided
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Eden007(m): 3:27am On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: i'm not undecided
LadyStewie..how's you?
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 11, 2014
lol
cool
you?
Eden007: LadyStewie..how's you?
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Eden007(m): 3:32am On Aug 11, 2014
I'm not good and you know why..#sad baby face. Wana make me fine?
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by ayukdaboss(m): 3:33am On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: i'm not undecided

Okay. smiley
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by ayukdaboss(m): 3:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Don't derail the thread angry
Eden007: LadyStewie..how's you?
Ladystewie: lol
cool
you?
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by J0nyb0y(m): 3:36am On Aug 11, 2014
True Love even in death
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 11, 2014
sorry,
out
embarassed
ayukdaboss: Don't derail the thread angry

1 Like

Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Burger01(m): 5:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Death couldn't do them apart. I think it did them together. What a couple! sad
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
wow dis is touching. true love last for eva. oya were is rozzay?
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
sameer1212: wow dis is touching. true love last for eva. oya were is rozzay?
Baby am here. Sooo touching
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by emperorchedda(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
rozzay:
Baby am here. Sooo touching
can i tell yah somting? i realy wana get old wit u. cool
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by ayukdaboss(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
sameer1212: can i tell yah somting? i realy wana get old wit u. cool
grin grin grin
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
sameer1212: can i tell yah somting? i realy wana get old wit u. cool
Awwwwwwwwwww my boo is dat a proposal
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by djeezy(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Where are they going now? holding hands to the underworld I guess.
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Ariyke: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Wow may they RIP
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
rozzay:
Awwwwwwwwwww my boo is dat a proposal
yh love. ayam realy serios, am gona make it official soon cool
Re: EPIC: Couple Married For 62 Years Die Holding Hands by kerny(f): 12:44am On Aug 12, 2014
I crave a love soo deep the ocean would be jealous-unknown,I truly do.

(1) (Reply)

I Love Nairaland Girls / How Do I Deal With His Friends And Not Hurt His Feelings? / Barrack And Michelle Obama During Their Early Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.