Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) (8290 Views)

Bulk Recharge Card Pin Seller In Port Harcourt Nigeria / The Fish Sword / Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries #7 On The New York Times Best Seller List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 3:02am On Aug 11, 2014
All rights reserved..

“Was Sam okwaraji really killed by the stray ball in the match between Nigeria and India in 1990? Did the match really end with India beating Nigeria by 99 goals to 1, and sam Okwaraji scoring the only Nigeria’s goal? Is it really true that during the match, the Indians made the ball turn to stone; Nigerian players that kicked it got injured. Some people even said the ball got multiplied; some said it turned to lion, chasing the Nigerian players away from the field, and after that, the lion turned back to ball and the Indians began scoring till it got to 99goals. Sam okwaraji scored Nigeria’s goal before he died there. Is this story true? If it’s actually false then the person who brought up this propaganda should be laid flat on the floor and flogged and given 99knocks for that”.
All that were my thoughts as I stood at the entrance door to my flat, watching as grasses were been soaked by droplets of water. The rain just finished falling heavily. I watched as light rain drizzled. I was doing that to get my mind away from seyi and all the troubles happening in my life. How did all these began? How it happened! This is my story.
I met her during our Gns classes when I was in 100 level in Funaab. We sat close to each other on the same seat. I began chatting with her during the class and, after the class, we continued the chat. She said her name was seyi. I followed her to Colnas (College Of Natural science building). She said she was in MCB(micro biology). Few days later, I asked her out, she refused. I already knew that’s how it would be. Girls like her are very tough and hard to get. Before she accepted for us to date, it took about 4 months, after I have talked, begged and, all through that I never gave up on her, I love her. There is something about her that is so different, unique.
Finally she accepted; by them we were in second semester 100level. She called me that day, infact her call woke me up that morning. She told me she had something to tell me in school, that I should meet her at one of the eateries at SUB by 1pm.
1pm came. After my lecture, I headed for sub, I met her at one of the buka. I sat down, I was anxious to hear what she had to say, I thought maybe she had a problem but that was not it. She broke the news to me. That she has accepted to date me. I was so happy, so joyous. The way I screamed and hugged her, she was embarrassed but I never mind. People were just looking at us. I felt God has answered my prayers. With all excitement, I told her to follow me home; thank God she wasn’t having any other lecture for the day; me too, I wasn’t having any other lectures. She agreed and, straight away we went to somorine.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/stories/368-fausat-the-fish-seller-episode-1
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 3:03am On Aug 11, 2014
We got to somorine junction with a cab. We entered a bike(okada). As I was talking with the Okada man, I was sure he noticed I was so excited, he couldn’t ask me why. Both of us (me and seyi) got to my house. This is not her first time of coming to my house, she had been there couple of times. But this time, it was special. We got to my gate, the okada dropped us, I paid him while he left. As she wanted to enter inside, I drew her back, I told her that I want to carry her on my arms, she laughed. As she was laughing, I lifted and stretched my right hand to her back region and, my left hand to her kneels, shifted it and before she could say any word, she was already on my arms with her hands circled around my neck. She was screaming in joy and laughing as we entered through the gate. My fellow funaab housemates were outside; they were all looking at me in surprise. Some began hailing me “chiefo, chiefoo of life”. I laughed as one of them shouted, “Romance in action”. She thought I would drop her at the steps to my flat but, mba! I carried her straight into my room with all joy and happiness. We didn’t have sex. We just talked, made merriment. I cooked a nice Egusi soup for her, with chicken laps; we ate.
Months later, in 200level, the relationship between i and seyi was going stronger and better. We were so fond of each other. She later moved from Camp where she was staying, she moved into my own flat; she took one of the rooms a friend who graduated stayed. When she moved in, it made us closer. We stayed in the same house. Everything was so sweet until Fausat, “Fausat the fish seller” just like we call her in my compound came into the picture. The sweetness between i and seyi turned sour when Fausat came in.
This faithful Thursday, the rain just finished falling, i and two of my housemates were outside with our gate wide open. We were just looking at people passing by across the gate. We were looking when 2 young girls, one carrying pepper and the other fried fish on her head were passing by the gate. One of my house mates, Deji. He said he would love to drink garri with fish. “Garri and fish. Ahhh for this cold weather” I said. We laughed. He went to the gate and called them. They came, 2 of them. Both the one selling the fish and pepper came. Behold, the one selling the fish was so beautiful, fair in completion with hour glass shape; with oval facial shape and cute dimples, average in height. She was wearing a black trouser and white top, the clothes brought out her shape. I barely noticed the second girl with her because she never caught my attention. Though the second girl was chocolate skin, she was wearing a red skirt and red top. As if she was going to secret cult meeting. I assumed Both girls should be in their late teens. I stepped aside as deji and james my other housemate were pricing the fish. Deji began toasting the fair girl. He asked her name. I guess she was shy as she sheepishly said, “Fausat”. Most of their conversations were in Yoruba. Though I couldn’t understand much. But I heard Deji telling her to come back the next day, that they would buy more fish from her. The other girl with chocolate skin was even feeling uncomfortable. I guess she felt rejected that all attention was giving to the other Fair girl, Fausat.
When both girls had left, deji said that he would date the fausat girl, but it’s was just for sex. Deji had always been a girl player. He changes women like a lady changes cloths. Am sure the Fausat will accept him. She’s an indigene and indigenes dey like Funaab students wella. Another major reason deji wanted to date her apart from the sex was for free fish. He will be getting free fish to be drinking his garri and cooking food; that was what he said.
Indeed he was getting the free fish as time went on. For one week, anytime Fausat comes around, deji and the other guys might not have money to pay, but fausat won’t disturb them. Fausat became a familiar face in the compound, we tagged her, “Fausat the fish seller”.

Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 3:04am On Aug 11, 2014
This particular Wednesday, I had returned from school earlier, seyi was yet to be back. Immediately I came back, I went to bed to sleep. I was deep in sleep when I began hearing people talking and shouting; I heard a guy and a lady’s voice. “me oshee” meaning “I won’t do” the lady’s voice was saying. “Kilode” the guy’s voice echoed. The guy’s voice became louder; I woke up immediately. The voices became more clearer to me, it was deji’s voice and fausat. I opened the door and went outside the room. I met both Fausat and deji quarreling. From what I could deduced about their quarrel, deji grabbed Fausat’s breast and she didn’t like it. He was trying to have sex with her but she refused. Deji almost slapped her but, I grabbed his hand and suspended it on air. He began pushing her away to leave. Fausat said she was not leaving unless he pays her the money he’s owing. She said he and the other guys were owing up to N3,500. Sometimes they would collect fish from her and will not pay her. Omo this one na wahala ooo; N3,500, me no dey too they follow them dey chop finish. She started crying, I tried to pet her so she could go, but she refused. Deji wasn’t ready to do anything about it. His anger was that fausat refused to have sex with him. I begged till she finally carried her fish and left. Though deji was kind of shocked that fausat didn’t yield to his advances, because other indigene girls he had tried this antics on, all of them fell, but fausat didn’t. Maybe the girl was not like other girls.
Two days later, I was the only one back from school in the flat. I heard a knock on the door. I went out of the room to the door of the flat to check who that was. I opened the door and behold it was Fausat. “uncle eka san,” she said, “How are you” I asked, she said she was fine. She said she wanted to know if we want to buy fish. I began to wonder in my mind. After everything that happened the other day. The quarrels, tensions that generated with the N3,500 owed by my housemates; who else apart from me does she feel will buy fish from her. She still get the liver come ask if we want buy fish. I realized she has an innocent and a kind heart. After what the other guys did to her, she still came back. I told her that I don’t want to buy and perhaps other guys who will love to buy are not around. She said she liked me out of other guys, that I was gentle and cool headed, unlike the other guys who are rough and behave like touts. She was speaking in Yoruba while I spoke in English; I couldn’t speak much of Yoruba but understood what she spoke to me. She was just so free with me, she asked if I was Yoruba, I told her I wasn’t. “No wonder you can’t reply me in Yoruba” she said in English. She was so fluent. We began chatting and I was asking her questions about her school.

To be continued......
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by pussyeater(m): 5:24am On Aug 11, 2014
Spaced Booked!
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Chaleeee: 6:11am On Aug 11, 2014
*grabs chair and 3D glasses*
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 7:39am On Aug 11, 2014
next update loading... soon...
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Holubunmi(f): 9:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Ooohhh.i'm a little bit late
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2014
“No wonder you can’t reply me in Yoruba” she said in English. She was so fluent. We began chatting and I was asking her questions about her school. She said she just finished her WAEC and JAMB examinations and will be expecting the result to be great and, she’s hoping to use the Waec result to gain admission into FCE Osiele. I asked her why not university. She said “University is for big people”, I laughed. I encouraged her, I told her when it’s time, she should buy the Jamb form and pick Funaab. Only if she would listen to me. We talked for about an hour that I began feeling guilty because she left the fish she was supposed to sell, and was talking with me. I really enjoyed the conversation. I told her to go that when she comes the next day, we will continue our discussion. Only if she go meet me for house. Because I had decided to sleep over at a friend’s place.
Two days later in the evening, i and other guys and my girl seyi were outside chatting and playing when fausat ran inside from the gate, we almost stood up from our seats to run inside, thinking it was danger, and something was chasing her. Not until I saw her smiling and laughing as she ran towards me and hugged me so tightly as if her life depended on it. Other guys were just standing and watching. Even seyi was kind of uncomfortable; who wouldn’t be, when a girl just went straight and hug your boyfriend right in your presence. She released me immediately, smiling, with joy on her face. I felt maybe she had won a lottery. “Aunty seyi good evening”, she greeted seyi. She also greeted other guys. Deji answered her with a mocking tone. The girl sef no send. She said she just went to check her result, and guess what, she had credit in all the courses she wrote. Everybody screamed in happiness. Fausat had managed to warm her way into our hearts in that compound. Even my girl seyi likes her. Everybody except but deji, likes her. Even though she sells fish, she comes around most times to chat with us. I really admired her “curiosity to learn.” She is not shy, she’s very beautiful that sometimes, other funaab students in other compound follow, toast her, but she refuses. Seyi started advising her to take away her mind from going to FCE Osiele. She should take Jamb and come to Funaab(Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta).
As time went on, Fausat became freer with almost everyone. She comes around and anytime seyi was free, she gives her some tutorial lessons.
This particular Saturday, something happened.
To be continued...

Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Esttyconnect(f): 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
I'm lovin' this!
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2014
Update loading ...... 90%......
98%......
100%... complete....
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 9:12am On Aug 12, 2014
This particular Saturday, other guys had earlier travelled on Friday. Seyi went to RCCG Redemption camp and, she would go to Lagos from there. I was the only one in the flat. Fausat came around at about 1:15pm. She asked after seyi, I told that seyi travelled. She knew that seyi and I are dating. She said she was having some difficulties with some Jamb past questions. Well I took her to my room. That was not the first time she was coming into the room, but that day’s entry was special. I taught her for an hour, I became tired of teaching. I jokingly told her she should take it to her boyfriend to teach her the rest. She laughed, she said she doesn’t have a boyfriend; as a matter of fact, she has not dated any guy or had sex since she was born. I was shocked when she said that. I wondered how such a pretty girl like her, because she’s so damn pretty with a good shape, men trembling at her feet, wanting to just have a piece of her. I asked her how old she was, she said she was 20. This is the first time I was asking her about some intimate and personal details about her life. She told me that many guys have been toasting her but she doesn’t like them. She said the guys are bad and rough, but she loves a gentle man, cool, calm like me. Immediately she said that, my heart did, “gbim gbim gbim.” In excitement, it was as if my bowels were rolling. Looking at Fausat, one may think she’s not sensible and smart, but gush, she’s intelligent and smart and, she knows what she’s doing. Since she started her tutorials in our house, she no longer speak Yoruba language much. She speaks more of English. “Don’t worry, I will marry you” I replied her. She laughed, “noooo, I don’t want aunty seyi to kill me ooo” she said; I smiled. She said that am a great guy and seyi was lucky having me as her boyfriend and, if not that I was with seyi, if I ask her out, she would gladly accept. I was surprised hearing that from her mouth. She indeed loves me. But I am not a woman player, am not into multiple women as such, I believe in one woman for a man. But the devil has a way of manipulating situations to his own favour. Something in me told me that that was my opportunity. If it were to be Deji or the other guys, dem no go dull at all, dey would jump into the offer. I started having some bad thoughts in me, my body temperature rose immediately, it looked like electric energy. That kind of energy will solve Nigerian’s electricity problems for one whole year. I thought about it again. Since me and seyi have never had sex since we started dating. She said she’s keeping herself till marriage and I love it and respect her for that. She really loves me so much and I do too. Looking at Fausat, body no be firewood and I must do it now or never, I thought to myself. She was sitting on my reading chair while I laid on my bed. I no wan dull myself. I noticed that women are fragile and changes their mind easily. If you notice that a woman loves you, press on immediately and go to her at that time, because if you go later, she might change her mind. I stood up, went straight to where she was sitting and began kissing her; behold she responded, she wanted it. Before we knew what was happening, we ended up on bed and the deed was done. It felt like heaven, I enjoyed it, she did too even though it was her first time. I took out the mattress to wash due to the blood stains.
After the act that day, I began falling in love with fausat. The love I had for seyi began to die. Fausat never seized. She always come back for more. Sometimes I do ask her to come when nobody was around when it comes to sex. In the presence of everyone in the house, we pretend as if nothing was going on, but in secret we do the do.
This act kept on going on that the attention I give to seyi reduced, I love seyi with all my heart, but there is something about fausat that is holding me bound, I can’t break loose; maybe it’s the sex, because I enjoy every moment with her. I find her more jovial and playful. I called couple of the guys in my house and told them I was screwing fausat but they shouldn’t tell anyone. Immediately I said that, everyone shouted, “heeeeyyyy.” They were surprised how manage I could do that. Because virtually all of them have toasted her, they made advances on her but she turned them down. They wanted to know how I pulled it that it worked. I told them she was the one that made advances at me and I responded. We all know guy talk nah, everyone laughed as I narrated. One of my housemate, james said that, probably she had already loved me from the unset; I guess so because she had always said I was a nice guy. “How about seyi,” dapo one of my housemates asked. “Seyi dey dia” I said as they laughed; “badooo, badoo of life” they all were hailing and shouting.
To be continued....
http://www.hovabuzz.com/stories/373-fausat-the-fish-seller-episode-2

1 Like

Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Holubunmi(f): 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmmm......hope seyi won't find out
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
i hope so...
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Chaleeee: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
You are fuqqing a poor geh abi Derisggodo
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by MightyFortress: 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by ThaRuthlxx7: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] enhhh we go see more updates
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Holubunmi: Hmmmm......hope seyi won't find out
i just dey do am smoothly.
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chaleeee: You are fuqqing a poor geh abi Derisggodo

baba God no dey dis one ooo... hahahahaha
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
hmmmmm... make i throw one update before i go sleep
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
A week later after Jamb, fausat checked her result and she scored 231. She was so happy when she came to our house. I was the first person she hugged, seyi was there. I know what seyi may be thinking because fausat no longer move close to seyi as before. Each time she comes to the house, she virtually spends most of her time in my room. I was beginning to get bothered that seyi may discover that something is going on between us. I have warned her several times no to be visiting me as much, but she wouldn’t listen. She no longer calls seyi aunty seyi. She calls her by her name, “seyi.” Big girl things. She no dey add uncle for my name again sef as before. I and seyi were sitting on a long bench at the veranda when she came in and jumped on me. As she released me from the hug, she greeted seyi, she held my hand and dragged me into the house heading to my room. I turned my back and discovered that seyi stood and was looking at us as we walked to my room. She looked helpless, shocked like someone who is disappointed in me. She should be because I became the fool for not standing by her. I ignored her while fausat took my hand as we left to my room. I couldn’t help it as the love I have for her was dieing down. It looked as if fausat was now running the show. As we went into the room, we smooched, kissed before she left. It was becoming so glaring to everyone that we were dating. The joy I had each time she comes around; anytime she sees me, she’s so happy.
After fausat left, seyi came to my room, she blasted me with words that other students started coming out of their rooms to know what was going happening. She was deeply embarrassed by what I did. She even accused me of sleeping with fausat. I denied it, she threatened to stop fausat from coming to the house; but would that be possible! I begged for day, even bought her gifts just to appease her. It took 2 weeks for her to forgive me. But that didn’t stop me from continuing my play with fausat. Fausat’s presence was like a virus that infects the mind. Each time am with her, I feel weak and I felt I was beginning to go crazy in love with her, only that I was still managing to stay with seyi out of pity.
As days went by, the distance between i and seyi was becoming wider. My body was with her but my heart was far away from her, she noticed it. She could feel it but she couldn’t stop it. She was helpless. We quarrel sometimes about Fausat. I always deny each time she accuses me of sleeping with her. Fausat finally passed her post UTME. Funaab gave her Business administration which was her chosen course. Though I was kind of worried how she would pay her acceptance fee and other levies, her mom was just a fish seller. That was what they do to feed themselves but, would it be enough for them to raise the cash for all the payments she would make in Funaab! She had earlier told me that her mother gave birth to only her at her teenage age. The man who impregnated her mom was in London. He left for London when she was 5. Since then, they had not set their eyes on him. He didn’t even marry her, (fausat’s mother). According to fausat, she said they (the man and them) do talk on phone and, he was even married to another woman in London. Fausat said he had been promising to come and see her and her mother since over 5 years, but he had never come. He will promise to send money for their up keep but won’t send. With all these, I wondered how she will pay her school fees and other dues, though I promised to help out in the little way I can.
Second semester ended and we went for 3 months break. I made sure I was communicating with seyi to see if that love I had for her when we first started will come back, but it never did. Rather it was dwindling down. Each time I want to think of her, I find myself thinking about fausat, the good moments and sex we had. Sex is indeed powerful. Even as we were far apart physically, I still think of her. We were communicating more often by calls and whatsapp. She gave me a very good news I was happy about. She told me that her runaway father was back in the country, and infact he had rented a 2 bedroom flat for she and her mom in Oke-ilewo and is planning to open up a business for her mom. Though he doesn’t have plans to rekindle the love relationship with her mom but he just wanted the mother of his daughter and the daughter to be fine. Fausat also said he got her a new Iphone 5 and so many things. I was very happy for her. She told me she had a gift for me but she won’t tell me what it was till I was back in Abeokuta. She told me the gift was huge and big. I became anxious of coming back but It was only remaining one month before school resumes. She said her dad was spoiling her and her mother silly with money. He gave her N200,000 for her accommodation and she doesn’t plan to go to hostel. I told her to save some money aside so incase her dad goes back to London and never returns. She said he(father) will return to london but will be sending money on a monthly basis for her upkeep till she graduates, and she will go over to join him in London. I asked her why she doesn’t want to go for the school hostel. She said she had seen a good apartment at the back of sonikarz hostel in gate, and is about N100k and she would love me to move in with her. That was why she doesn’t want to stay in the hostel. I told her I can’t move in with her; and seriously I don’t consider the idea good. She got angry with me and ended the chat immediately. I later called her on phone and told her we would sort it out when I come back. She said she would love me to come back early enough to school immediately school resumes, so I could help arrange some few stuffs in her soon to be new house. I agreed. She sent me N1,500 recharge card. Throughout that period, she was just spoiling me with recharge cards. I no even lack recharge cards sef, she go just dey send am give me.
This one na enjoyment galore
www.hovabuzz.com

To be continued......
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Fausat said she would love me to come back early enough to school immediately school resumes, so I could help arrange some few stuffs in her soon to be new house. I agreed. She sent me N1,500 recharge card. Throughout that period, she was just spoiling me with recharge cards. I no even lack recharge cards sef, she go just dey send am give me.
Two weeks to resumption date, fausat began to call me, she said I should come back, she was terribly missing me and she wants me back so I could help in packing her belongings to the new house. Me, it has always been a norm for me to come back 2 weeks after resumption. I don’t know how fausat will take it if I tell her that i still have till 4 more weeks to come back. Me too don dey miss the girl sef, I chat with seyi often, even seyi told me that she will be coming back 3 days to resumption. I don’t want her(seyi) to notice or see me helping fausat to pack her things. That alone made me change my mind, and I came back a week later in the warm and loving hands of fausat. Even though I wasn’t having much feelings for seyi, I still pretend to love her.
The day I came back, barely 2 hours I came back to Abeokuta, fausat came to see me.
She hugged me so tight as if her life depended on it. She brought turkey and some cooking stuff when she was coming, and she cooked a nice vegetable soup and bought fufu. The gift she claimed that she has for me was an iphone 5. I was so happy, I have dreamt of having the phone, hoping that one day it will be a reality; the reality was finally there. She said her dad got two for her so she’s giving me one.
The next day we began the real work at her new house in gate. We went to the market and shops to get some items that she would need, including a television, decoder, home theater and many more. After arranging the house, the house was looking good.
The next day fausat came to my house, she got me some clothes. I was surprised how she knew my size. When I asked her, she claimed she has been with me for a long time so why won’t she know my clothes size, and even my shoe size. She took me to one provision store at sapon. We got some provisions for herself and me. She got some other stuffs for herself. We headed back home with nylon stuffed bags full of provisions and some female stuff. I dropped at somorine while she left for gate; the taxi was even chattered by her. I got home and met a surprise. Seyi was back.

www.hovabuzz.com

2 Likes

Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 8:23am On Aug 13, 2014
Thank you everyone for your massive following..
more updates coming..
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Just4yhu(f): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nice write up dear....just hope it is truly fausat's dad and not a sugar daddy sha...am xpectn more ooo abeg ;DNice write up dear....just hope it is truly fausat's dad and not a sugar daddy sha...am xpectn more ooo abeg
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
As I opened the gate, I saw her cleaning up her dusty plates at the veranda. Immediately she saw me, she ran towards me and hugged me so tight as if her life depended on it. I was surprised because I wasn’t expecting to see her that day. The former day we chatted, she told me she will be coming in the next day, and not that present day. Fausat had already said she will be coming to my house to spend the night with me.
As she hugged me, I was motionless, I couldn’t utter a word; she freed me immediately. “Ah ah, what’s the problem. Or are you surprised that I came back today,” she asked me, I tried to force myself to smile; even though I was smiling, it didn’t come out from my mind. She took my bag from me and opened it, she saw what was inside, she said I should have told her before buying all those stuff. She said she got almost all the provisions that both of us will need. I wanted to tell her it was fausat that bought it for me, but changed my mind. What would she say and how will she take it when I tell her it was fausat. I don’t think she would take it likely. I don’t want her to start insinuating another thing, perhaps I know I have made up my mind to break the relationship between us, but I want to do it gradually and slowly. We went into her room, I met the surprise of my life, she brought provisions, foodstuffs and many things for me, she said it was her dad that brought her with their car. Mehn, I go chop tire, infact this two girls(fausat and seyi) wants to spoil me with gifts. Looking at what she (seyi) brought, I felt I had let her down, I became weak, I felt pity for her because my heart was no longer with her. I still would want to be with seyi, I am trying to bring back that love I had for her when I first met her, but it seems the love was lost. I couldn’t find it. How I wish I could, she loves me so much. During the period she was showing me all the stuff she bought for me, I was cold towards her. She asked me what was wrong with me, if I was okay because I was too cold towards her. After showing me all the things, she asked me to help fix some of her wall hanger and some few damages in her room. I willingly did it for her.
I later sent a text to fausat telling her that I will rather come over to her place to spend the night, she shouldn’t because seyi was back. Fausat got angry immediately. She said it was high time I leave seyi and move into his apartment. I saw her point because she was deeply worried that she’s still sharing me with seyi. She just wants me to herself only. She said it was high time I bust the bubble to seyi, I should just tell her it was over and, she was tired of all the hide and seek games we were playing. I tried talking with her, to make her see reasons but she hung up on me. 3hours later, she called back and apologized for hanging up on me. I was about leaving for Gate to fausat house when seyi walked into my room. She asked where I was going to, I told her I was going to check a friend in the other street, she said I should at least stay and spend some time with her, since it’s been long we saw last. Yeah she was right, but I don’t really have feelings for her any more, even though I haven’t told her. I told her that I wasn’t going to spend too much time were I was going, so I would be back shortly. She insisted on following me, I told her it was a guy thing and assured her it was just important we see, talk for just a short time and then return to be with her. I lied, I wasn’t going to return. I spent the night in fausat place at gate. It was one of the most memorable night of my life. Fausat’s apartment was great, cool. And there was constant power supply. With everything that happened, I became anxious of moving in to join her. Though she was mounting pressure on me; I guess it was high time I take the decision, let seyi know that I was no longer in love with her again. All throughout the night, my phone was switched off, I didn’t want to receive seyi’s call. I know seyi will be worried. As I was going back home, I thought about the first day I laid my eyes on seyi, that first love for her that struck me, all that had faded away. I was asking myself how. I thought of what seyi will do when I tell her that I want a break-up; she loves me so much, I loved her but, that was then, that love had varnished. I am now thinking of a new life with Fausat. I got to the house, immediately I entered the gate, seyi was sitting on a bench on the veranda, I guess she was worried and was waiting for me to come in. She ran towards me immediately, I thought she wanted to slap me but no, she hugged me, “where have you been since. I have been trying your line but it was switched off,” she said. I told her I slept over at my friends place. “You should have atleast called me, you got me worried” she said, I told her I was sorry but there was no network coverage at the area. I lied to her, I told her that the friend I went to visit, took me to another friend’s place, and there was no network, and we couldn’t come back, we had to sleep over. She took me to her room. She was just talking of how she tried my mobile number several times, called couple of my friends to know if I was with them. I kept mute as she talked. She noticed I was not talking as she talked, “What is wrong with you, are you okay” she asked, “I want us to break up,” I replied her. She looked at me as if I was joking. “Stop joking around joor, na hunger dey do you this, you better wait let me cook so you eat” she said to me. As she stood up to leave my presence, I held her left hand and dragged her back, “I am damn serious, let’s just go our separate ways” I said to her. She laughed out loud, “leave my hand joor, I have something on fire, let me go and check it before you start all this your play” she said again; “am moving into Fausat’s house by Saturday” I said, immediately she hear that, she turned around and faced me, our eyes met, I saw those emotions in her eyes, the pain that I have disappointed her. “why, how manage, when, what are you saying” she screamed; she was finding it difficult to alter words out of her mouth. i released my hands on hers, I left for my room, she followed me immediately, as I entered my room, she followed me, “wait, I want to understand what you are saying” she said, “you mean you are leaving me for fausat” she said again, “yes” I replied; “Is this a joke or what” she asked, I didn’t know what to say again as I looked into her eyes as tears was rolling down her cheeks. I knelt down, held her two toes, begging her to forgive me. I know she felt betrayed and disappointed in me. Even me sef dey feel bitter. Looking at her sharing those tears in my presence, I wished that love I once had for her will come back. Indeed I have truly betrayed her, how I wish I could find a way of making it up to her. She turned and left my room, leaving me still kneeling down. I stood up, brought out some of those things she bought for me, took them to her room, she was sitting on her reading chair holding a picture we took together. I dropped those things on her table. As I was leaving, she called my name, I turned to her, “so you are serious that you are leaving me” she asked, I was totally speechless, I don’t know how to answer her. I was still looking into her eyes, “Yes I am” I said, I turned around and left.
30 minutes later, I was passing by her room, going outside to fetch water from the well, I heard her crying. I felt pity for her; but I just have to go, let me not waste her time.
Two days later, early in the morning, seyi’s knock on the door woke me up.

www.hovabuzz.com
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thanks.. Abeg make una shah dey drop comment cus na dat dey boost me.
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by MightyFortress: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
I like ur story... Straight and simple.
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
MightyFortress: I like ur story... Straight and simple.
hmm. just like ur name, hope will not strike us. thanks for the comments.
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by funmercy1(f): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Guy hw far? Abeg leave fausat come update abeg oooooo
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by Just4yhu(f): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nice1, keep it moving dear
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 1:43am On Aug 14, 2014
funmercy1: Guy hw far? Abeg leave fausat come update abeg oooooo
ahahahahaha. no worry, i go update soon. fausat say make i great u.
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by onismate: 1:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Just4yhu: Nice1, keep it moving dear
yes dear, the last update is just for you. thank u. emm.. faustat say make i great u.
Re: My Fausat The Fish Seller--- (short Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:02am On Aug 14, 2014
nice story.

Well done, bro.

....stormybucci, ToriEmManson, na here I dey ooo
*oya stormy, you go sit for back. na ToriEm get the seat beside me*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairalander, Prettyspicey Makes Okadabooks Top 10 Bestsellers Of The Week / Use A Book Title To Wish Two People A Merry Christmas / Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.