Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (26179 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop:

Is that area also bad as Ejigbo? Itire part of Ikate had been tarred so am wondering what part of Ijesha that you are referring to. I am also working on creating a thread on Gbagada region as well. I can see APC posters everywhere. Hmmm smh for them all.
who tarred it? Only baruwa, johnson, mogaji and ogunlana are the tarred streets in itire, others are highly in a shammy look. Boss itire na slum.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by redcap: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop:

Is that area also bad as Ejigbo? Itire part of Ikate had been tarred so am wondering what part of Ijesha that you are referring to. I am also working on creating a thread on Gbagada region as well. I can see APC posters everywhere. Hmmm smh for them all.

A visit to adesina street will definitely change ur view.That road has been under construction for over 2yrs now.we as citizens should demand more from our gov't.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by expert101(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
APC time to go.

Una don try

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: who tarred it? Only baruwa, johnson, mogaji and ogunlana are the tarred streets in itire, others are highly in a shammy look. Boss itire na slum.

You cannot compare itire of before to itire of today. Am glad you mentioned Ogunlana.Johnson,etc The interior part of itire as well had been tarred. Moshalashi,ola street,Adeola,etc Though am not praising them ooh because the government is a failure. I even heard from a reliable source that those projects are World bank project.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
redcap:

A visit to adesina street will definitely change ur view.That road has been under construction for over 2yrs now.we as citizens should demand more from our gov't.
Well i won't argue on that but most of the construction jobs in those areas are World Bank projects. Some were done well but others was a complete mess.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop:

You cannot compare itire of before to itire of today. Am glad you mentioned Ogunlana.Johnson,etc The interior part of itire as well had been tarred. Moshalashi,ola street,Adeola,etc Though am not praising them ooh because the government is a failure. I even heard from a reliable source that those projects are World bank project.
I know jubrila has been tired for long now, itelorun, bethel street etc are still looking scumy, a lot of roads in itire are scums. Ogunlana is the only road in itire/ijesha with decent tar and maybe aguda road(forgotten the actual name) and lawanson road. You can't even compare roads in itire with that of aguda, masha, lawanson and co.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by LyfeJennings(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
I dont pray I ever live in this area.
Gawddd, shocked
this place na hell on earth
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by TheMadame(f): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:
You should see Orisumbare, especially that street that leads to the back of the airport. I went with a colleauge to go visit an invalid friend. But the time I left that area, I was wondering why I didn't carry along mountain hiking gear. Simply awful sad

Is that the name of that street at the back of the airport that leads into Ajao estate?
That street is an ecological disaster and is littered with craters,gullies and rift valleys of various sizes. Drive your vehicle on that street at your own risk.
A trial will convince you because you will surely visit a mechanic or a panel beater after this experience.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by sova(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
nd dia was a state called lagos.....d fact is dat majority of dix rds ar road C LGA rd. non of d local govt chairmen re performin,a case study is mushin -ladipo rd whr huge intrnal revenue is generated for d Balle,Oba nd lga chairmn on daily bases.Fashola is concentratn on lagos island leavin d mainland to suffer since d mainlanders av sold dia vote for a tin of tomato nd wasiu ayinde cd plate. 2015 is just around d corner God go packag una one by one useless figurehead local govt chairmen headed by a figurehead govnor controld by tiefnubu aka #idontcare#
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by sova(m): 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
nd dia was a state called lagos.....d fact is dat majority of dix rds ar road C LGA rd. non of d local govt chairmen re performin,a case study is mushin -ladipo rd whr huge intrnal revenue is generated for d Balle,Oba nd lga chairmn on daily bases.Fashola is concentratn on lagos island leavin d mainland to suffer since d mainlanders av sold dia vote for a tin of tomato nd wasiu ayinde cd plate. 2015 is just around d corner God go packag una one by one useless figurehead local govt chairmen headed by a figurehead govnor controld by tiefnubu aka #idontcare#
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by shosky1794: 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
I will be very surprised if any sane person votes for APC in 2015 in any of these areas. Even Alimosho LGA has been neglected by this Administration and these are areas they get the highest number of votes during elections.
I'm sure they will come when the elections are close just to close up some portholes and my people are deceived by that again. As for me, I've started advising people in my area(Ikotun) and anywhere in Alimosho LGA I go to not vote for APC in 2015.
Normally I have soft spot for APC but it's time for the neglect and deception to stop.

The campaign is on: WE ARE TIRED OF APC DECEPTION IN ALIMOSHO.
You can join me in if you believe in this course because I will soon be creating a Facebook page and twitter account for this.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by misterjosh(m): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
anonimi:

And you are too MUMU.
The LGA has the constitutional RESPONSIBILITY for environmental sanitation of common public areas like gutters, roads, parks etc. Please see below:

Your MUMUness is one of the CLUELESS legacies of General Muhamadu Buhari.
hw kum my helpless comment dey pain u like dis, r u one of d dirty pple in dat area?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mcgaius: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
Fashola and APC are saints.GEj is a devil.The state of Ago Road Okota.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by hansad: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2014
It is same sorry state in all APC states.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by hansad: 12:07am On Aug 12, 2014
mcgaius: Fashola and APC are saints.GEj is a devil.The state of Ago Road Okota.
Yorubas that root for APC are mostly Muslims who want Buhari to come back at age 78 or so to rule them; notwithstanding the fact that Buhari set the hands of clock backward in Nigeria. Because the religious faith of those Yorubas make them not believe that any one from among themselves is capable of ruling Nigeria. Those APC Yorubas are not necessarily rooting for Tinubu or Fashola.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ola6: 1:00am On Aug 12, 2014
Na only this one una see?! Go to meran, ayobo, shomolu una never see any anything. I too use to believe their propaganda until I saw things myself, in flesh.

These APC people never see anything.

2015, we are not voting for Tinubu-ole and any of their stooges.
2015, we shall regain our freedom in Lagos.

PDP all the way. We are tired of APC!!! All Propaganda Congress.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ola6: 1:06am On Aug 12, 2014
hansad:
Yorubas that root for APC are mostly Muslims who want Buhari to come back at age 78 or so to rule them; notwithstanding the fact that Buhari set the hands of clock backward in Nigeria. Because the religious faith of those Yorubas make them not believe that any one from among themselves is capable of ruling Nigeria. Those APC Yorubas are not necessarily rooting for Tinubu or Fashola.

Pls Yorubas don't think like that. Your ignorance is quite sad. Religion does not matter in the SW. Take note.

The reason they are rooting for Buhari is because of Tinubu-ole aka Yekini Ogunlere Amuda alias Mogaji. The richer TINU-ole gets, the more crumbs they get for him. Hungry people who are making their people suffer so one man can get rich and in turn they get crumbs.

Please pay visit to Makoko. You'll cry!!!
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 5:15am On Aug 12, 2014
shosky1794: I will be very surprised if any sane person votes for APC in 2015 in any of these areas. Even Alimosho LGA has been neglected by this Administration and these are areas they get the highest number of votes during elections.
I'm sure they will come when the elections are close just to close up some portholes and my people are deceived by that again. As for me, I've started advising people in my area(Ikotun) and anywhere in Alimosho LGA I go to not vote for APC in 2015.
Normally I have soft spot for APC but it's time for the neglect and deception to stop.

The campaign is on: WE ARE TIRED OF APC DECEPTION IN ALIMOSHO.
You can join me in if you believe in this course because I will soon be creating a Facebook page and twitter account for this.

You have a partner...
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 5:17am On Aug 12, 2014
ola6: Na only this one una see?! Go to meran, ayobo, shomolu una never see any anything. I too use to believe their propaganda until I saw things myself, in flesh.

These APC people never see anything.

2015, we are not voting for Tinubu-ole and any of their stooges.
2015, we shall regain our freedom in Lagos.

PDP all the way. We are tired of APC!!! All Propaganda Congress.

cool
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by biafransoul: 6:52am On Aug 12, 2014
The most annoying aspect is that some people still the propaganda of the devilish APC govt. No good roads, agbero wahala everywhere, lasma problem, etc... no wonder, Lagosians tend to have the shortest life span in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by disloman(m): 6:57am On Aug 12, 2014
rozayx5:

its a common scene in Lagos, the few clean places are in VI and Ikeja
U r wrong.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 12, 2014
disloman: U r wrong.
how's he wrong?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by rozayx5(m): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2014
customized13: how's he wrong?

Don't mind him, How many streets in the so called vi are even clean and pot hole free undecided
Overflow gutters and open dirty drainage in the middle of vi
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 12, 2014
rozayx5:

Don't mind him, How many streets in the so called vi are even clean and pot hole free undecided
Overflow gutters and open dirty drainage in the middle of vi
even in ikeja, allen road, lateef jakande, opebi road, toyin street etc aren't smooth and they have open drainages, most of the smooth roads in ikeja are in alausa, no even try go oba akran road if rain dey fall.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2014
735i:

O boy.. if you have nothing to say… you can keep quiet!!! Because you really haven't said anything that makes sense.
There's no need to constitute a nuisance on this thread. Ejigbo is a sad situation right now and you can sit behind your screen and type nonsense because you have access to internet?
The people who live in Surulere and Ikoyi… did they 'engage the government" before their roads were fixed? Do they pay higher tax?
"We should learn to tell the truth in all situations and condemn any wrong in it's entirety"
That is the debt we owe our children; so they can become better people than we are and live better lives
Enough of the B*S!!!
Fashola's 2nd Term is a Disaster!!!

You are being emotional. If you were governor and had N1 billiion to fix roads in either Surulere or Ejigbo, which would you fix first and why?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2014
customized13: even in ikeja, allen road, lateef jakande, opebi road, toyin street etc aren't smooth and they have open drainages, most of the smooth roads in ikeja are in alausa, no even try go oba akran road if rain dey fall.

What does this tell you?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2014
maclatunji:

What does this tell you?
it shows that lagos believes in facade beatification, the interior places are been neglected, although its not peculiar to lagos, every state in nigeria does this.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2014
customized13: it shows that lagos believes in facade beatification, the interior places are been neglected, although its not peculiar to lagos, every state in nigeria does this.

I disagree @ the bolded
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Eyop:

I disagree @ the bolded
why?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2014
customized13: why?

Because your statement is wrong. You cannot say every state in Nigeria does that. So are you saying this happens in all the 36 states in Nigeria? The answer is NO e.g both Exterior and Interior parts(Apart from some of the Villages) of Akwa-Ibom state are tarred and same with some other states as well
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by 735i(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2014
maclatunji:

You are being emotional. If you were governor and had N1 billiion to fix roads in either Surulere or Ejigbo, which would you fix first and why?

Okay.. i agree..
But i still need you to answer my question. "Did people living in Surulere and V.I engage the government before their road was fixed"?
Have you ever been at Jakande Gate between 5am and 10am on a weekday? The sheer number of people who ply that route daily will shock you!! Yet it is in such a deplorable state. Aren't these people Lagosians? Don't they pay tax to the Lagos State Government? Are they lesser beings? Are there certain areas that deserve more attention than others? If your answer is yes, then pray tell me why.
Would the road have been allowed to deteriorate to this extent if it were in Surulere or in Ikeja CBD?
When Fashola was re-elected for 2nd term, the roads weren't this bad…all that was required of him was a proper maintenance structure…so the issue of having 1 billion Naira doesn't even come up...

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Eyop:

Because your statement is wrong. You cannot say every state in Nigeria does that. So are you saying this happens in all the 36 states in Nigeria? The answer is NO e.g both Exterior and Interior parts(Apart from some of the Villages) of Akwa-Ibom state are tarred and same with some other states as well
that's a lie, I have been to uyo, and I spent 2months there, I stayed along abak road, any point you try to take a diversion away from abak road, you are tending into a slum, my friend works @ the state secretariat, leaving the state secretariat from the back gate, you will meet a slum. I just can't remember most of the street names I saw, I will try and ask my guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Youths Set Ablaze PDP Chieftain's House In Jos / Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector / Which Other 2023 Presidential Aspirant Is As Serious As Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.