Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,021 members, 7,956,790 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos (30426 Views)

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / ***breaking NEWS*** Ebola Case In LASUTH, Ikeja / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by fowowe411: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Beremekwensu, I have already criticized the FG but it is the constitutional responsibility of the state govt to mobilize private hospitals IN LAGOS for possible Ebola case. The Lagos state govt FAILED WOEFULLY in that regard. If that private hospital had been primed for possible Ebola case, the situation would have been different. What we have currently is 10 new cases of CONFIRMED Ebola, all contacted from the index case (the Liberian). I mean that is the hallmark of a CATASTROPHIC healthcare system. It means Fashola presided over a catastrophic health care system in the last 7 years. That is shameful.

Where the FG failed was in failing to establish Ebola screening centres at the Airport. However, so far most other suspected or confirmed cases of Ebola in other countries were picked up at the hospital, not the Airport.
I don't know what to say but you are a Fool.Sorry I don't mean to insult you but am just tryin to say you are a fool!
So it is the constitutional duty of Lagos state govt to fund private hospitals?You're such a joke and people like you are nuisance to public sanctity.For God's sake if you wanna play politics ,is it on a subject like this?Nigeria is so unfortunate to have people like you.
People keep blaming GEJ for Nigeria's woes but how will Nigeria progress with this kind of "sincere citizen"smh.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Sunofgod(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ok . . . .nothing to panic about
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by iswallker(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
joeace2020:

Wouldn't it be better, these names are hidden because for a relatively new and deadly virus of this nature, stigmatization would be waiting for those names anywhere they are mentioned if they eventually survive the disease.

Smh for yiu. Why didn't us conseal the identities of the 2 doctors thst contracted the ugly virus EVD? Chanel your energies at conraining this disease and finding cure. That's what we ask them to do!
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=28pt]See what I said that the whole thing is propaganda?

Nobody can give me list of the 10 confirmed cases[/size]
Must people do your work for you..you are the one looking for names...petition the Govt to give you the names..keep asking NL members like they are the ones with the disease
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Okudiover(m): 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
grin grin grin grin Abeg make I state my observation, when the number of confirmed cases was 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 FG been tell us say na 2 give 3 and 5, 6 give 8 etc. Now nobody wan talk as 10 take catch am, una tally numbering no dey serial.

I dey suspect say other guys catch am come dey hide, please if found number them 10.1,10.2, 10.8 etc.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by iswallker(m): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
johnstar: e don red

U don colo.. grin
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=28pt]STOP Your panic

There has been only one or 2 confirmed cases in Nigeria

500,000 people die world wide from the common flu which is also airborne and therefore far more contagious.

Rabies is most deadly viral disease in the world with close to 100% death rate if contracted

Ebola has been around for 37 years, if it was that deadly Africa would have been wiped out by now.

Why hysteria only for Ebola? because they can pin it on Africa please open your eyes!!

Stay calm nothing is going to happen.[/size]

You made small tiny sense here I must admit but we still need to be vigilant not to become one of the statistics.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
fowowe411: I don't know what to say but you are a Fool.Sorry I don't mean to insult you but am just tryin to say you are a fool!
So it is the constitutional duty of Lagos state govt to fund private hospitals?You're such a joke and people like you are nuisance to public sanctity.For God's sake if you wanna play politics ,is it on a subject like this?Nigeria is so unfortunate to have people like you.
People keep blaming GEJ for Nigeria's woes but how will Nigeria progress with this kind of "sincere citizen"smh.

Imagine him insinuating that LASG should've spent money prepping random private hospitals and keeping them in constant readiness in case there's an outbreak of ebola!!

When FG clearly gorked up big time by not having emergency containment protocols ready for such a case. All they had to do was to keep a few teams. (Doctors, nurses, paramedics) specially trained, preferably military, on alert and fully equipped, with an emergency airlift plan in place.

They could've been on ground within an hour of the Ebola diagnosis.

What is even wrong with having just one quarantine facility, a BIG one, with helipad and a landing strip?

Our leaders are not proactive!

#Dasall.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
niceeric: has anyone noticed that Boko Haram has become really unpopular since Ebola started making the news??.....looks like they're not so powerful afterall and seeing themselves make headlines has been the only push to their continuous bombings,as Ebola don carry popularity from na so dem mellow I think......

Disclaimer:-This is in no way a write up to provoke an apparently cooling 'organisation' and is totally a work of fiction sorry observation,any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purelycoincidental Looool .Na observe I observe oooo,make una no read my post start to dey bomb again ooooo.....na observation I dey ooooooo

The people getting killed everyday in the NE will not get distracted by Ebola.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Ranchhoddas: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Wily2wily: Yorubas eat too much Monkeys.
very stup1d but funny.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Leetunechi: undecided

oboi eh .i don mek ftc again oh grin grin grin grin

God bless mtn..even doh i nor get card nd mb.my fone dey braz free grin grin

ebola nor fit stop me frm being ftc tongue tongue
what sought of person are you, something serious and you are here blabbing
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
By all means continue to take your normal everyday precautions to be safe from all dangerous diseases. But do not panic about Ebola specifically there are more dangerous diseases out there than Ebola
django1:

You made small tiny sense here I must admit but we still need to be vigilant not to become one of the statistics.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Kimmo(f): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Wily2wily: Yorubas eat too much Monkeys.

At least we speak better English.
FYI, it's "too many monkeys"

2 Likes

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
I am saying the names do not exist unless someone can prove me wrong.
milehigh06:
Must people do your work for you..you are the one looking for names...petition the Govt to give you the names..keep asking NL members like they are the ones with the disease
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]When did it get to 10?

As far as I recall there has only been one confirmed case.

The Liberian Patrick Sawyer, who died in Nigeria

If I am wrong, please correct me with the list of other confirmed cases.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoHdX3uAYKo

I do not know whether the whole Ebola virus is a hoax or not but I am convinced the hysteria about a fake epidemic is propaganda and it is coming from the white man.

Exactly. I thought as much.

If this is real, considering how it's contacted, it should have killed not less than 1,000 individuals.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by shevon: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
From all indications, the first hospital and healthcare professionals that received the Liberian index case did a VERY bad job. The Lagos state govt also failed woefully to prepare the private hospitals in Lagos for a possible Ebola case.
What the blip is wrong with you? How has the LSG failed in this instance? Did you give them a memo to inform them that the first case will be recorded there? Or is it in the constitution that LSG is responsible for the well being of all Nigerians? What if the outbreak was first recorded in a PDP state, will you have opened your f-ing mind to write this trash?
I just pray we youth drop all these APC-PDP trash while we are thinking or making meaningful contributions bordering on National issues else we loose our future to political bigotry. SMH for you.

4 Likes

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
shevon:
What the blip is wrong with you? How has the LSG failed in this instance? Did you give them a memo to inform them that the first case will be recorded there? Or is it in the constitution that LSG is responsible for the well being of all Nigerians? What if the outbreak was first recorded in a PDP state, will you have opened your f-ing mind to write this trash?
I just pray we youth drop all these APC-PDP trash while we are thinking or making meaningful contributions bordering on National issues else we loose our future to political bigotry. SMH for you.
The Lagos state govt is not immune from criticisms. It's interesting that you guys dont tolerate any iota of criticism of APC controlled state govts, even when it is constructive, whereas you spend all your life online abusing and cursing the president simply because he is from Bayelsa or he belongs to PDP.

The FACT of the matter is that the index (first) case of Ebola in Nigeria was shamelessly and embarrassingly mis-managed in a LAGOS private hospital and the state govt should share a major part of the blame for that because, constitutionaly, private hospitals are regulated by the state govts. This is a FACT you can do nothing about. FACTS are sacred!

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 07065441098 or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chineke mee!! shocked shocked shocked Beremekwensu shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sincere9gerian:
Beremekwensu, I have already criticized the FG but it is the constitutional responsibility of the state govt to mobilize private hospitals IN LAGOS for possible Ebola case. The Lagos state govt FAILED WOEFULLY in that regard. If that private hospital had been primed for possible Ebola case, the situation would have been different. What we have currently is 10 new cases of CONFIRMED Ebola, all contacted from the index case (the Liberian). I mean that is the hallmark of a CATASTROPHIC healthcare system. It means Fashola presided over a catastrophic health care system in the last 7 years. That is shameful.

Where the FG failed was in failing to establish Ebola screening centres at the Airport. However, so far most other suspected or confirmed cases of Ebola in other countries were picked up at the hospital, not the Airport.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by CocoaOla: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Can mosquito transfer the virus?
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ebola is not a strong virus. maintaining good hygiene and using good disinfectant will keep anyone alive.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by mencade5(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
cirmuell: we are sick of the news already undecided

btw wetin do (UC Browser)?
my brother, uc browser no dey allow me log in to nairaland, facebook or gmail. I tire ooo
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by proffemi: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: I am saying the names do not exist unless someone can prove me wrong.
Whoever is behind this moniker, I just hope you are not related in any way to a certain retired general of the same name.

Why you have chosen to keep harping on rabies, I do not know. Or, have you heard of a rabies outbreak anywhere in Nigeria that has been swept under the rug? Chief, no one is suggesting that people panic, but we do have a serious problem on our hands here. You may chose to stick your head in the sand, but while you do that, Ebola is going EXPONENTIAL on us.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-06/ebola-deaths-go-exponential-nigeria-demands-experimental-drug-us
[check the second diagram]

Do you have any inkling whatsoever about the implications of that graph? In simple terms, the number of Ebola cases keeps doubling in shorter and shorter units of time. I shiver to think of how many cases this graph predicts we will have by December.

Do you still think the hue and cry is for nothing?
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by vodkat: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Samueldo: The Federal Government has confirmed another Ebola case in Lagos bringing the total number of Ebola Virus Disease victims to 10, even as 177 primary and secondary contacts of the index case have been placed under surveillance or isolation.
At a world media briefing in Abuja Monday, the Minister of Health Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu said of these 10 cases, 2 have died (the Liberian American and the Nigerian nurse) while 8 are alive and currently on treatment.
This is the situation 22 days since the dreaded EVD first landed in Nigeria.
At the sub regional level, the Ebola Virus Disease was discussed as a substantive agenda during the Summit of the Authority of Heads of State and Government in Accra Ghana.
Chukwu said Nigeria, as usual, played its leading, pioneering and compassionate role during the Summit with the first and only donation of USD3.5 million humanitarian and capacity building aid to the three affected countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, the West African Health Organization (WAHO), and the ECOWAS Ebola Fund.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-confirms-10th-ebola-case-lagos/

They need to quarantine at least 1000 people for this thing to not spread

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by MisterLongman(m): 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
From all indications, the first hospital and healthcare professionals that received the Liberian index case did a VERY bad job. The Lagos state govt also failed woefully to prepare the private hospitals in Lagos for a possible Ebola case.
As usual, you always blame someone except your masters..... Lagos govt must have been the cause of NMA strike, lagos govt. Ought to have ban all flights to and from all the three countries affected by ebola like Gambia did..... Lagos govt should be held responsible for FG's responsibility

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by aolatunde00: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: I recall one case - Patrick Sawyer

I need names of other 9 cases if you can supply them.
I agree with you that there's something fishy definitely going on.A disease is this dangerous and contagious and it's killed how many people in the whole of Africa?less than 5000.
Someone should tell me something else abeg.Even with the so called epidemic in Liberia?whats the casualty figure?
More people will die from typhoid in Nigeria than they will from Ebola.
Soon them no begin share drugs and vaccine(who knows what those actually contain)?
I take precautions but I still have my brains
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by proffemi: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
aolatunde00: I agree with you that there's something fishy definitely going on.A disease is this dangerous and contagious and it's killed how many people in the whole of Africa?less than 5000.
Someone should tell me something else abeg.Even with the so called epidemic in Liberia?whats the casualty figure?
Soon them no begin share drugs and vaccine(who knows what those actually contain)?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-06/ebola-deaths-go-exponential-nigeria-demands-experimental-drug-us
[2nd graph]

What do you think? Should we be worried?
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by logica(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kimmo:

At least we speak better English.
FYI, it's "too many monkeys"
...and there is a reason he's concerned; and can't write/speak good English: He is INDEED a monkey.

2 Likes

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
But that is my point, all that is scare-mongering propaganda because as far as I am aware only one confrimed case and it was Patrick Sawyer.

proffemi:
Whoever is behind this moniker, I just hope you are not related in any way to a certain retired general of the same name.

Why you have chosen to keep harping on rabies, I do not know. Or, have you heard of a rabies outbreak anywhere in Nigeria that has been swept under the rug? Chief, no one is suggesting that people panic, but we do have a serious problem on our hands here. You may chose to stick your head in the sand, but while you do that, Ebola is going EXPONENTIAL on us.

[check the second diagram]

Do you have any inkling whatsoever about the implications of that graph? In simple terms, the number of Ebola cases keeps doubling in shorter and shorter units of time. I shiver to think of how many cases this graph predicts we will have by December.

Do you still think the hue and cry is for nothing?
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by proffemi: 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
GenBuhari: But that is my point, all that is scare-mongering propaganda because as far as I am aware only one confrimed case and it was Patrick Sawyer.

Sorry, I don't get you. What is your point again? You need to see the names and email addresses of all ~1000 casualties to date before you believe that there is a disease that is killing off more people at an (almost) exponential rate?

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
I am guessing the white man wants to sell gullible Africa unnecessary vaccines but our clueless leaders cannot see through the ruse or choose not to.

I saw a news report where the Liberian president was saying that there was 47 deaths in Liberia yet the News report from white nation was typing up figures on the screen that 700 had died in West Africa - that would show you that it is over-exaggeration since we are told that the epicentre is Liberia and only 4 countries (Guinea , Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria) are affected in West Africa , so how can Liberia have only 47 out of 800 deaths - it adds up to propaganda!!

With white doctors running theso called Ebola centres in Liberia It is possible that the 47 deaths may not even be from Ebola if any.
aolatunde00:
I agree with you that there's something fishy definitely going on.A disease is this dangerous and contagious and it's killed how many people in the whole of Africa?less than 5000.
Re: FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos by aurorae: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
all from one person. just one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Banned Pesticides In Nigeria / Am I Depressed? [Picture] / Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.