Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,348 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. (12095 Views)

Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
In our society today, people frown upon those who make use of their left hands. I've heard of stories where parents did a lot of barbaric things to prevent their child(ren) from using their left hands. The barbaric things ranges from piercing the left palms of their children to prevent them from writing with it, slapping their left hands at intervals and so on. Why is this so? Do these parents feel/think that their wards will not grow up to be successful individuals when allowed to use their left hands? Or is it a culture in some parts of the country? Or simply put, ignorance on the part of these parents?

We have a lot of successful individuals here and abroad who are left handed. President Obama of the US is one of them, our Vice President, Namadi Sambo, Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola and so on are just a few examples that comes to mind of those who actively make use of their left hands and are proud to display their left handedness in public.

Let's hear your story/experience about the use of left hands.

3 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by KanwuliaJara: 3:44am On Aug 12, 2014
All about brain dominance.
Pure science. . . . .not superstition. kiss

6 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by justi4jesu(f): 5:22am On Aug 12, 2014
1 minute...i like left handed guys kiss

3 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Kalvan1000: 5:24am On Aug 12, 2014
2 minutes.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by colossus2: 5:26am On Aug 12, 2014
justi4jesu: 1 minute
For?
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 12, 2014
Brain rules
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Fresia01(f): 5:30am On Aug 12, 2014
in Psycholinguistics,, it is asserted dat those who are right handed are more intelligent and live longer than those who are left handed... buh i have actually seen left handed people who are more intelligent than dia right handed counterparts!!!! left handed guys are sexy!!! majid,.Mike Ezuronye, Micheal Scufield,, john Dumelo jus to mention buh a few ,,, proudly right handed!!!

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by chuchuo: 5:31am On Aug 12, 2014
I was naturally left handed but I was beaten and forced to use my right hand to write. Now I can use both hands to do most things.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uken73(m): 5:32am On Aug 12, 2014
There is nothing special about it. It's just that around here, we are more used to people being right handed. It doesn't really matter.

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Adenugay(m): 5:32am On Aug 12, 2014
justi4jesu: 1 minute
to
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by justi4jesu(f): 5:34am On Aug 12, 2014
colossus2:
For?

You don return from your travel abi angry angry
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by simp: 5:35am On Aug 12, 2014
my sons are left handed and I love them soooo much like that and not ready to change them.

do they look sexy - yes
will they live long -yes by the grace of God.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by justi4jesu(f): 5:35am On Aug 12, 2014
Adenugay: to

To check my left and right hands cos i use both tongue
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by rexbuton: 5:36am On Aug 12, 2014
#Leftists
Right guys always beefing us.. Don't throw shade at us! Even our dads couldn't stop us

17 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 12, 2014
i represent people that use left hand. We are special people!

3 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by bunmioguns(m): 5:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Am a left handed guy, people call me LEFTIE and I love it.... grin

Meanwhile, good news for we all android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by chibwike(m): 5:43am On Aug 12, 2014
most great individuals and personalities...are left handed.

2 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Afrocatalyst: 5:45am On Aug 12, 2014
I love 'lefties' especially the female ones. They always have this wierdness I love in women.

Thank God my daughter is one!

3 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Funniez: 5:46am On Aug 12, 2014
I dey come, make I finish this my dream whey I become president of Nigeria, first b4 I go come comment.

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Sijo01(f): 5:47am On Aug 12, 2014
I use both! I was brought up right handed and I trained myself to use left. am so loving it.

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by missKeri(f): 5:49am On Aug 12, 2014
I am left handed...My mum couldn't cope with it so she taught me how to write using my right hand, I have d worst handwriting for years..Now I can do things with both hands..I dont think its a big deal doe

2 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by promise2020(m): 5:52am On Aug 12, 2014
i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by leggo: 5:56am On Aug 12, 2014
promise2020: i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect
ignorance is bad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by QMark: 5:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Most left-handed females I have met are very intelligent. Maybe it was just coincidence.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by GentleMimi: 5:56am On Aug 12, 2014
promise2020: i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect
You hate people who are left-handed? Talk of ignorance,this is the height of it. I hope u will not kill any of ur kids who show signs of it. They did not create themselves that way,their Maker deemed it so.

@ Topic,i heard they are usually intelligent. It would be pure wickedness on the part of a parent to force that kid into using his right hand,as aginst natural use of left.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by purplesummer(f): 5:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Fresia01: in Psycholinguistics,, it is asserted dat those who are right handed are more intelligent and live longer than those who are left handed... buh i have actually seen left handed people who are more intelligent than dia right handed counterparts!!!! left handed guys are sexy!!! majid,.Mike Ezuronye, Micheal Scufield,, john Dumelo jus to mention buh a few ,,, proudly right handed!!!
Left handed guys are powerful. E.g Barack Hussein Obama grin

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by 1stola: 6:05am On Aug 12, 2014
Lefties are supposed to be intelligent since people attributes rightness to everything right and lefties use their right side of their brain more...
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by MightySparrow: 6:08am On Aug 12, 2014
God designed everything living in pairs, so are some parts of our bodies.
I am right handed, I trained my self to use the left hand and leg and I use them fairly well.
I take the advantage of knowledge that you can dictate what you want to the brain and not the other way round.

If you say I'm ambidextrous, you are right, but not natural by training.

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by iiichidodo: 6:08am On Aug 12, 2014
As a south paw, i was a better footballer than my contemporaries, had a higher I.Q than most of my classmates.My condition has enabled me to think out of the box thus giving us the capacity to be unique,very creative,rich and deadly.A word of advice,NEVER go into a brawl with a leftie especially one trained in the arts,you just can never tell where the knockout strike will come from.....

8 Likes

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by luvly101: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2014
24 Struggles All Left Handed People Go Through Every Day undecided

http://www.strongmindbraveheart.com/24-struggles-left-handed-people-go-every-day/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Children Die In Fire Outbreak In Baccha Village, Plateau (Photos) / Goron Tula(silky Kola): Aphrodisiac / 106 Male Parents Fled Home In Gombe Over High Cost Of Living In 2023 - NHRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.