Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. (12096 Views)

Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2014
If u ask me where's my left or right,I look at both of my palms b4 confirming where's my left or right. Back in school during engineering drawing,my drawing always go in d opposite direction with others no matter how I try 2 because I draw wit both hands at once.I'm ambidextrous n I love it. My left is active in some things while d right is active in others. A glass could slip off my right hand while drinking beer because somehow it just feels heavy but my left can hold it very well even If I drink a whole truck load of liquor. I was almost beaten once 4 drinking liquor wit my left hand. D idiot traditionalist said it's only spiritualists n native doctors dat drink 4rm their left.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by NeduLuiZ(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2014
am a natural lefty,mum made sure she did everything humanly possible to change me to a righted handed person ........ Too bad she neva did so to my left leg, so am double footed,gives me a lot of advantage while playing soccer .... A keeper dare not stop a shot comming from my left foot.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by nishola17(f): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
I use my left hand for major things and its really cool tho some people still believe its a crime ,my right hand is basically for minor things
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by NobleAky(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Proudly left handed!
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Sabretooth1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Oh please! Intelligence isn't a function of which hand dominates. See people here claiming left-handed people are naturally intelligent. That's not true. I know dull lefties and I know dull righties.

Motor coordination is not the same as IQ.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by tosinisrael5678(m): 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
MightySparrow: God designed everything living in pairs, so are some parts of our bodies.
I am right handed, I trained my self to use the left hand and leg and I use them fairly well.
I take the advantage of knowledge that you can dictate what you want to the brain and not the other way round.

If you say I'm ambidextrous, you are right, but not natural by training.

1stola: Lefties are supposed to be intelligent since people
attributes rightness to everything right and lefties
use their right side of their brain more...
am a proud leftie....bt there are some itches...e.g wen i attended a lec...i couldnt sit aniwhere cos i wouldnt allow the next persn write well..so i always sat @ the left edge...but using the computer...u can use ur mouse n write as well with ur lefthand....
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
I'm proud to be a lefty, and i'm happy to inform you that tomorrow, 13th August, is the world left handers' day. Happy left handers' day to you all

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
I was born this way kiss

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Darcwudz(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
Am a pure lefty nd am proud grin ...It waz difficult 2 be different frm my peers bt wit tym I loved being different...it waz kul bcuz I had an advantage ova dem in basketball and cricket nd d coaches ov both sports wanted me badly...And wen we brawled I waz alwaiz on top...

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by tosinisrael5678(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
bekkiben: If u ask me where's my left or right,I look at both of my palms b4 confirming where's my left or right. Back in school during engineering drawing,my drawing always go in d opposite direction with others no matter how I try 2 because I draw wit both hands at once.I'm ambidextrous n I love it. My left is active in some things while d right is active in others. A glass could slip off my right hand while drinking beer because somehow it just feels heavy but my left can hold it very well even If I drink a whole truck load of liquor. I was almost beaten once 4 drinking liquor wit my left hand. D idiot traditionalist said it's only spiritualists n native doctors dat drink 4rm their left.
hahaha[native doc...]...ur first third n fifth aslo happened to me...ma dad tried to make me use ma right buh his broda told him to let me b...
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Newabuja: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
yes they are so Lovely
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Shaadey: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
Love em so much...I even learnt that my elder bro was a leftie when he was young...my nephew is one nd my dad is trying to make him righthanded...I hate that
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
when i was younger i deliberately trained my left foot because i wanted to be like roberto carlos grin

it made me very versatile but other than that... not much difference.

apparently though, using your lefts for things usually done with the rights and vice versa can help increase your intelligence.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by pamcode(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
promise2020: i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect
hmmn i shake my head for pple lyk u u hate leftist because of dat flimsy reason it ur type dat die qiuckly
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Dean13(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Left hand ok!

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by kingslly(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mum be slapping ma lefthand anytym i use it when i was a kid,i naw use both hands but ma left is still more effective . cry
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by lezz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Fresia01: in Psycholinguistics,, it is asserted dat those who are right handed are more intelligent and live longer than those who are left handed... buh i have actually seen left handed people who are more intelligent than dia right handed counterparts!!!! left handed guys are sexy!!! majid,.Mike Ezuronye, Micheal Scufield,, john Dumelo jus to mention buh a few ,,, proudly right handed!!!
left handed people are just 10% of the population yet they consisted more than 45% in designing the Macintosh operating system and are in considerable number in NASA.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
simp: my sons are left handed and I love them soooo much like that and not ready to change them.

do they look sexy - yes
will they live long -yes by the grace of God.

I admire you for allowing your sons live their natural lives.
I wish other parents will emulate you.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Olekumaster: i represent people that use left hand. We are special people!

I agree...

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
promise2020: i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect

It is you who needs to respect the left handed people. There's nothing weird in their way of thinking.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
QMark: Most left-handed females I have met are very intelligent. Maybe it was just coincidence.

What do you mean by *maybe it was just a coincidence* Are you as intelligent as they?
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by misteri: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sijo01: I use both! I was brought up right handed and I trained myself to use left. am so loving it.
So you use ya left hand too. Nice!
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
dre11: Am a righty...
But, most lefty friends i do have, have this fine handwritting dat i do admire....

I think parents wanting thier kids to change to righty has to do with cultural/traditional norms.
Apart from that....... i don't see any reason why u have to change them for who they are........
They are just using the left side of their brain more

Is it REALLY against the cultural/traditional norms for someone to be a left handed individual? Where did you get that from?
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by misteri: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sijo01: I use both! I was brought up right handed and I trained myself to use left. am so loving it.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
My mom tried extra hard to stop me from using my left hand but Dad continued encouraging me and I really don't see it as a big deal.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
bekkiben: If u ask me where's my left or right,I look at both of my palms b4 confirming where's my left or right. Back in school during engineering drawing,my drawing always go in d opposite direction with others no matter how I try 2 because I draw wit both hands at once.I'm ambidextrous n I love it. My left is active in some things while d right is active in others. A glass could slip off my right hand while drinking beer because somehow it just feels heavy but my left can hold it very well even If I drink a whole truck load of liquor. I was almost beaten once 4 drinking liquor wit my left hand. D idiot traditionalist said it's only spiritualists n native doctors dat drink 4rm their left.

Interesting. I'll love to buy you beer someday so I can watch while sipping mine of course, how you drink yours with the left hand. I admire a lady who's bold and natural.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Aycorrect(f): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Now on diz trend..evwibodi waz once a lefti....God z watching u!
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by QMark: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2014
uboma:
What do you mean by *maybe it was just a coincidence* Are you as intelligent as they?

If you see any negative intention in my statement, then i doubt your intelligence. Because everything in my statement reflects my respect for them. Please read again....this time as English and not pidgin.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by spyg1(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2014
dat is ur problem, i am a leftist, i luv myself. As for ur frnd, he is disrespectful, likewise you, cos a lion can't be frnd to a goat.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by uboma(m): 9:30am On Aug 13, 2014
QMark:

If you see any negative intention in my statement, then i doubt your intelligence. Because everything in my statement reflects my respect for them. Please read again....this time as English and not pidgin.

These were your exact words:

*I think parents wanting thier kids to change
to righty has to do with cultural/traditional
norms.
Apart from that....... i don't see any reason
why u have to change them for who they
are........*

My question once again to you is, is being a left handed individual really against the cultural/traditional norms? Or are the parents who try to discourage their children from using their left hands doing so in ignorance?

I'll advise that u also read through again this time, in English language and not in pidgin.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by QMark: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2014
uboma:

These were your exact words:

*I think parents wanting thier kids to change
to righty has to do with cultural/traditional
norms.
Apart from that....... i don't see any reason
why u have to change them for who they
are........*

My question once again to you is, is being a left handed individual really against the cultural/traditional norms? Or are the parents who try to discourage their children from using their left hands doing so in ignorance?

I'll advise that u also read through again this time, in English language and not in pidgin.

Now I am convinced you are smoking something. Only that I don't know what it is.

Your quote above is not from me. Check again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Children Die In Fire Outbreak In Baccha Village, Plateau (Photos) / Goron Tula(silky Kola): Aphrodisiac / 106 Male Parents Fled Home In Gombe Over High Cost Of Living In 2023 - NHRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.