Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? (3604 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 12, 2014
I have seen marriages in which wives wash their husbands' clothes regularly. This makes me wonder if that's right. In my humble opinion, I feel that it's unfair when the wife is the one who washes for her husband. A wife is not a servant, but an equal partner. Anyway, I may be wrong. So let's hear from you, is it right for a husband to give his wife his clothes to wash? Bless you?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by marieolae(f): 8:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Stephenem: I have seen marriages in which wives wash their husbands' clothes regularly. This makes me wonder if that's right. In my humble opinion, I feel that it's unfair when the wife is the one who washes for her husband. A wife is not a servant, but an equal partner. Anyway, I may be wrong. So let's hear from you, is it right for a husband to give his wife his clothes to wash? Bless you?
There's nothing wrong in washing your husbands clothes. The womans job is to take care of the family, that includes her husband. Being a servant is very different from being a wife. There is absolutely nothing unfair about this

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Adeoba10(m): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2014
Akebaje...
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Yemlizzy(f): 8:50am On Aug 12, 2014
A wife who washes her husband's cloths isn't a servant like you think,she is only being a good wife. Lol....this is amusing.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2014
Yemlizzy: A wife who washes her husband's cloths isn't a servant like you think,she is only being a good wife. Lol....this is amusing.
you mean you'll wash my clothes? shocked

**dancing awilo** grin cheesy
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jmoore(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2014
It is wrong!! It is a crime against humanity!! The woman should also not cook for her husband, she is not a cook but an equal partner.

grin grin

Op, how old are you?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by xynerise: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2014
Na so e suppose be na undecided
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Provie(m): 8:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Stephenem: I have seen marriages in which wives wash their husbands' clothes regularly. This makes me wonder if that's right. In my HUMBLE opinion, I feel that it's unfair when the wife is the one who washes for her husband. A wife is not a servant, but an equal partner. Anyway, I may be wrong. So let's hear from you, is it right for a husband to give his wife his clothes to wash? Bless you?

Yeah, dis ur opinion is just grossly humble.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Stephenem: I have seen marriages in which wives wash their husbands' clothes regularly. This makes me wonder if that's right. In my humble opinion, I feel that it's unfair when the wife is the one who washes for her husband. A wife is not a servant, but an equal partner. Anyway, I may be wrong. So let's hear from you, is it right for a husband to give his wife his clothes to wash? Bless you?
To curb your self instigated "menace", get them washing machines.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2014
If she wants to i guess its O.K.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by rawpadgin(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2014
marieolae: There's nothing wrong in washing your husbands clothes. The womans job is to take care of the family, that includes her husband. Being a servant is very different from being a wife. There is absolutely nothing unfair about this
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2014
jmoore: It is wrong!! It is a crime against humanity!! The woman should also not cook for her husband, she is not a cook but an equal partner.

grin grin

Op, how old are you?

It is wrong!! It is a crime against humanity!! The woman should also not get pregnant for her husband, she is not a baby factory but an equal partner with d * * k

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by rawpadgin(m): 9:03am On Aug 12, 2014
marieolae: There's nothing wrong in washing your husbands clothes. The womans job is to take care of the family, that includes her husband. Being a servant is very different from being a wife. There is absolutely nothing unfair about this
Yes! here is my missing rib I have been looking for cheesy
Yes! here is my missing rib I have been looking for
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jmoore(m): 9:04am On Aug 12, 2014
Acidosis:

It is wrong!! It is a crime against humanity!! The woman should also not get pregnant for her husband, she is not a baby factory but an equal partner with d * * k

grin grin grin

another remix. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2014

I understand that the woman's job is to take care of the family, including her hubby. But in my humble opinion, I don't think washing your hubby's clothes indicates that you are taking care of him. I agree that it's not necessarily unfair if a woman washes her hubby's clothes sometimes, but when a wife who also goes to work like her hubby is the permanent 'washer,' that's not so okay

1 Like

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Acidosis:

grin grin grin

cheesy yeah its a crime if she does not want to.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Dubby6(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Op op op....how many timesi call u?
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2014
I don't think it's wrong for a wife to wash her hubby's cloth..buh it shouldn't entirely be her responsibility..cos at some point it will definitely look like slavery cos she will av to wash d hubby's cloths, d children's cloth..clean d house..go to d market..make d food..and f***k d husband again at nite...haba...aw will she now enjoy even d sex? Cos all dis worn out a lady out most times...we are help mates for eachother so he shud at least..try and wash his cloths..and at times..if he insists he is tired den I will wash them for him...

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 12, 2014
andromida: If she wants to i guess its O.K.

I agree with you that it should be based on if she is ok with it
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 12, 2014
Dubby6: Op op op....how many timesi call u?

lol, funny you
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Aug 12, 2014
andromida:

cheesy yeah its a crime if she does not want to.
hmmnn, that's true on one hand... cheesy
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jnrbayano(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2014
Op,

Can you give me a comprehensive list of what is right and what is wrong in marriage?

Thank you.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2014
Its absolutely ok nofin wrong but in dis times I don't think I can wash even my own wen I'm married dat shuld be for d maids.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jnrbayano(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2014
rozzay: Its absolutely ok nofin wrong but in dis times I don't think I can wash even my own wen I'm married dat shuld be for d maids househelps.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2014
Stephenem: andromida: If she wants to i guess its O.K.

I agree with you that it should be based on if she is ok with it

If the workload is too much i think to safeguard her marriage from resentment she should talk to her husband e.g sweetie washing your clothes,mine and the kids is really hard on me i want to get a washing machine to ease the stress and if they cannot afford a washing machine she can ask him if he can help out as in wash some of the clothes together during the weekend so that they can both have more free time.

Imagine washing all those heavy male trousers weekend after weekend. Chai! dia is God o.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Lilimax(f): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2014
I do wash my hubby's clothes when I feel like but it is not compulsory. The washing machine is there so he does the laundry himself and send some to the dry cleaners. We've been doing this for the past decade and no issues smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Well....I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jmoore(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2014
@jnrbayano, why did you cancel "maid"? Maid is not a derogatory word.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=jnrbayano][/quote]
Uve been noticed by me. Thank u
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2014
jideomowunmi: I don't think it's wrong for a wife to wash her hubby's cloth..buh it shouldn't entirely be her responsibility..cos at some point it will definitely look like slavery cos she will av to wash d hubby's cloths, d children's cloth..clean d house..go to d market..make d food..and f***k d husband again at nite...haba...aw will she now enjoy even d sex? Cos all dis worn out a lady out most times...we are help mates for eachother so he shud at least..try and wash his cloths..and at times..if he insists he is tired den I will wash them for him...
and while the wife is doing all these, the husband would be asleep, right?

The way some women describe the role of the woman ehn, one would think the man is useless in the home.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Acidosis:
and while the wife is doing all these, the husband would be asleep, right?

The way some women describe the role of the woman ehn, one would think the man is useless in the home.

Of cos he is never useless...am sure he will definitely have a man stuff to attend too..maybe take his car to d mechanics or prolly do something else..and besides..i stated we r help mates..so he can decide to wanna help out in d kitchen too..i wasn't saying we ladies shoud do d whole stuff...am saying while doing some..d so called husband too shud join in and help..at least I av an elder brother dat just sits on d chair and watch football all day on Saturday and whenever he is at home knowing his wife will do all d necessary stuffs..maybe dats why I don't even pray to marry a man like him... undecided undecided
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jnrbayano(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2014
jmoore: @jnrbayano, why did you cancel "maid"? Maid is not a derogatory word.

Maid is a househelp that earns a leaving from performing the tasks assigned to her by her master/mistress

She is always on a servant capacity.

A househelp is someone that assists the home, have a general compensation package and treated often as a member of the household. She can be a relation, a friends child etc

Anyhow you see it, I believe I have explained my action.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Differences Between Men And Women (pictures) / Happy Birthday In Arrears To Me.... (with Pictures) / Marriage,convictions And Solidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.