Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,397 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? (3611 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jnrbayano(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2014
rozzay:
Uve been noticed by me. Thank u

If it's in good faith, I accept.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Of cos he is never useless...am sure he will definitely have a man stuff to attend too..maybe take his car to d mechanics or prolly do something else..and besides..i stated we r help mates..so he can decide to wanna help out in d kitchen too..i wasn't saying we ladies shoud do d whole stuff...am saying while doing some..d so called husband too shud join in and help..at least I av an elder brother dat just sits on d chair and watch football all day on Saturday and whenever he is at home knowing his wife will do all d necessary stuffs..maybe dats why I don't even pray to marry a man like him... undecided undecided
ahaha! cheesy

Its alright ma, I got your points smiley
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by jmoore(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2014
jnrbayano:

Maid is a househelp that earns a leaving from performing the tasks assigned to her by her master/mistress

She is always on a servant capacity.

A househelp is someone that assists the home, have a general compensation package and treated often as a member of the household. She can be a relation, a friends child etc

Anyhow you see it, I believe I have explained my action.

Once again, maid is not a derogatory word. Even a servant is not derogatory too. Some folks can call her a househelp and look at her with disdain while others will call her a maid and treat her with respect.

No wonder some Nigerians crucify Tonto Dike whenever she calls that girl "her maid".
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by egopersonified(f): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Op, would have loved to see your topic read: Is it right when the wife washes her husband's and children's clothes?
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmoore: It is wrong!! It is a crime against humanity!! The woman should also not cook for her husband, she is not a cook but an equal partner.
Op, how old are you?

Best response!! Me thinks people are taking this civilisation a tad too far.

Very soon, they will ask if its right for a wife to sleep with her hubby.

Until people stop seeing marriage as a business deal but partnership, we will keep entertaining these kinda questions.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Who am I to decide what is right or wrong? ... I wash my husband's cloths when I have the time... plus there is a laundry dude and washing machine.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by MymothersKeeper(f): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
if I dont wash my partners clothes he will think it is an end time things grin
Mine doesn't know how his clothes gets washed or ironed but they magically appears neat in his wardrobe.
He is a senior network engineer for Barclays and only bread winner while I work part time and save most of my money.
I have been with one oloriburuku of a yahoo guy in the past who always beat me when maga never pay grin so you see why i appreciate my hubby and feel washing his clothes is the responsible thing to do? Or maybe i am wrong sha

PS THIS IS VIA A WASHING MACHINE THO I JUST STUFF THEM IN AND EVEN LOAD THEM IN THE DRYER AFTER. ONLY STRESS IS PRESSING. HOW ABOUT IN NIGERIA HOW DO PEOPLE WITH NO MACHINE DO THEIR LAUNDRY shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked THE HANDS WILL BECOME SO STRONG JESUS. THANK GOD FOR HOUSEHELP

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
If you love your husband, washing his clothes and cleaning up after him will come to you naturally, no one forces anyone to wash clothes.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
I will take care of my baby in every way possible. I will wash his clothes, his shorts, his hankies. I will make him meals which name, he cant even pronounce.

And...he will take care of me, spoil me too in his own way.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a wife doing the laundry for her husband. This does not make her a servant.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Yemlizzy(f): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Acidosis:
you mean you'll wash my clothes? shocked

**dancing awilo** grin cheesy
Go and sit down joor
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Yemlizzy(f): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Acidosis:
you mean you'll wash my clothes? shocked

**dancing awilo** grin cheesy
Go and sit down joor!
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by SirAweezy(m): 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Even oyinbo that you are trying copy feminism from do laundry for their husbands
. ... honestly I don't just understand some ladies argument these days undecided

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
SirAweezy: Even oyinbo that you are trying copy feminism from do laundry for their husbands
. ... honestly I don't just understand some ladies argument these days undecided

Which ladies are you talking about?

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by shooze: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Machine Wash yes,Hand wash and iron No. I think ironing is stressful and should be done by the man tongue
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by SirAweezy(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Which ladies are you talking about?

"Some". honestly i just couldn't understand so many debates from some extreme feminist trying to equate marriage, there is never equality in marriage it's not a theory... it's a way of life. most ladies of this generation comes up with so many ambiguous questions about what a lady's right is etc.. the whole thing is sounding like there is a revolution against Norm and Men. imagine a question like this thread.. it's funny really.

And it's unbelievable, this could be coming from a man. well maybe a teenager anyway... undecided

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Yemlizzy:
Go and sit down joor!
sad sad
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by kandiikane(m): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2014
If you don't wash it who will? Ask am to iron when you Don wash finish. Equal partner things. grin
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Kirinwa: 5:24am On Aug 13, 2014
jmoore: It is wrong!! It is a crime against humanity!! The woman should also not cook for her husband, she is not a cook but an equal partner.

Op, how old are you?

The woman should not be made to give birth. Subjecting her to bondage for 9 months is very wicked.

When they told me they had a ganja market in Nairaland.Me no believe.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
SirAweezy:

"Some". honestly i just couldn't understand so many debates from some extreme feminist trying to equate marriage, there is never equality in marriage it's not a theory... it's a way of life. most ladies of this generation comes up with so many ambiguous questions about what a lady's right is etc.. the whole thing is sounding like there is a revolution against Norm and Men. imagine a question like this thread.. it's funny really.

And it's unbelievable, this could be coming from a man. well maybe a teenager anyway... undecided

Yet this thread was created by a male and majority of females before you answered it was ok to do hubby's laundry hence my question.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by snazzylove: 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
I wash only his inner wears and datz it. Anyother cloth apart from these goes 2 d laundry house. But if he decides 2 wash by himself, no prob I will help him fix d water and get detergent grin grin.
I already have loads of work on my hands.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Benez: 5:51am On Aug 14, 2014
andromida: If she wants to i guess its O.K.

My sister, it is not a matter of if she wants. It is her responsibility. If she likes, she may cede it to a washer man.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Benez: 6:05am On Aug 14, 2014
snazzylove: I wash only his inner wears and datz it. Anyother cloth apart from these goes 2 d laundry house. But if he decides 2 wash by himself, no prob I will help him fix d water and get detergent grin grin.
I already have loads of work on my hands.

Since u think u av too much to handle, don't u equally think that ur man needs a second wife to reduce ur load of responsibilities. Will that solve the problem?

I am now beginning to know why the rise in divorce cases.

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2014
Benez:

My sister, it is not a matter of if she wants. It is her responsibility. If she likes, she may cede it to a washer man.

When she cedes it to the washer man she does not want to. The end point is clean clothes. Washer man, washing machine,washing wife. Whatever will work for her.

Benez:
Since u think u av too much to handle, don't u equally think that ur man needs a second wife to reduce ur load of responsibilities. Will that solve the problem?
[quote author=Benez]

Instead of solving the problem he brings home another wife, what if the new wife does not like washing his clothes what then?
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by cococandy(f): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2014
Husbands wash their wives' clothes too.
So no there nothing wrong with the wife washing her husband's clothes too.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Adaeze003(f): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Acidosis:
and while the wife is doing all these, the husband would be asleep, right?

The way some women describe the role of the woman ehn, one would think the man is useless in the home.

How about you give us a list of what men do without exaggeration? That'll be nice....

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Adaeze003(f): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Benez:

Look how bitter you sound over how a stranger chose to run her home. She even seems happy sef n while you're all squeezed up... #justsaying

Not all households must operate the same way.
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Stephenem: I have seen marriages in which wives wash their husbands' clothes regularly. This makes me wonder if that's right. In my humble opinion, I feel that it's unfair when the wife is the one who washes for her husband. A wife is not a servant, but an equal partner. Anyway, I may be wrong. So let's hear from you, is it right for a husband to give his wife his clothes to wash? Bless you?

@ bolded, wives and husbands are equal partners however, clothes must be washed when there is no washing machine grin tongue.

There is nothing wrong for a wife to wash her husbands' clothes and vice versa. The person readily available should do it.

I guess you are coming from giving wife clothes to wash... hmmm

It depends on the dynamics of the home
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Adaeze003:

How about you give us a list of what men do without exaggeration? That'll be nice....

Was going to ask that

Lets assume two working spouses
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by snazzylove: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Benez:

Its people like you dat turns their wives to househelp and still see nothing wrong with it undecided

Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Adaeze003:

1. Thinking, providing, strategizing (landlord wahala, bills, Generator, electric stuffs, plumbing works, relocation plans, etc) & financial planning

2. Laundry

3. Risk taking (CEOs earn millions/billions for simply taking risks, while entry level workers earn averagely for working tirelessly).
Armed Robbers target CEOs and husbands.

4. Cooking

5. S E X: eja. culating does in fact cause a loss of what the Chinese Taoists call chi. Chi is the life force energy that gives us our passionate nature in life-passion for everything we do. Imagine a man depositing his life force energy 4, 5, 6 rounds times per night; and the woman just lie there laughing, grinning and speaking in foreign languages (I call it unexplainable excitement).

6. Comforting

7. Et Cetera.

8. Not applicable to all men smiley
Re: Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? by GreyBlood: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
I wonder whether nairaland is a surreal world because in a typical Nigerian environment, wives wash their husbands' clothes and even do more. So all the people saying "she can wash if she deems it fit to" are not being real, unless they are not in Nigeria.

However, about the issue of washing machine and laundry men; may I remind you that not every family uses these options, unless you are talking about the above average and educated families who reside in the cities.

Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows? / PHOTO: A Man Burnt His Wife For Being Too Beautiful And Might Cheat On Him / Why Do Men Cheat On Beautiful Women?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67