Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? (3674 Views)

A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife / Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? / Housewife or Working Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by btaliat(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2014
I have had several arguments with different people on this issue and most of them gave me the same answers in which I don't want to subscribe to. Most of them agreed that they can never allow their wives to work based on the following reasons:

#PROPER CHILD'S UPBRINGING:A two-year marriage in which they only have a child will find it difficult to uplift and inculcate moral values on the child based on the fact that the two parents come late from work especially in a state like Lagos where you cant predict your journey.

#BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER: While some people told me that they would make Creche, house-maid their last resort for the unbringing of their children, some people kicked against it claiming that house maid can't do what a mother will do.

#POVERTY-DRIVEN: This is most controversial point from the points. The proponents claim that a well to do husband who has everything at his disposal will rather makes his wife a housewife and even goes ahead to b paying her monthly salary rather than exposing her to the danger of employment which might be sexual harrassment from her work place inter-alia.

#WEEKEND IS NOT ENOUGH:Weekends can't be appropriate for being with one's issues due to the fatigueness as a result of five-day working.

Pls, nairalanders, what's ya take on this topic?
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2014
A good and virtuous woman can be both.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by IFY124(f): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2014
jideomowunmi: A good and virtuous woman can be both.. grin grin
yes o. One can be both. But a lot of hardwork and patience is required
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Exactly! Not even "can" but "should" be both!

Proverbs 31: 16-18 " She cinsiders a field and buys it oit of her earnings she plants a vineyard
17 She sets about her work vigorously, her arms are strong for her tasks
18 She sees that her trading is profitable

No wise woman will choose to be a housewife even if her hubby pay her salary for staying at home

3 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by btaliat(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2014

U mean a wife that comes from work around 7pm due to hold up or other unforseen circumstances cn do the both? I bet u she is yet to be born. Is she nt a human being that gets tired?

3 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by jideomowunmi(f): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2014
btaliat:

U mean a wife that comes from work around 7pm due to hold up or other unforseen circumstances cn do the both? I bet u she is yet to be born. Is she nt a human being that gets tired?

A woman can set and achieve watever it is she wanna get...except she is making one a major priority over d other...my elder sister is a very good example..she works and takes good care of d house..her husband cannot even risk or dare her absence....dey r d only good example I av around me I tell u..there type, so rare...
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2014
In all, it still ends with what works well for the family but i hate the idea that a man thinks because he married a woman, he can command her to work or not to work.

2 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2014
ammyluv2002: Exactly! Not even "can" but "should" be both!

Proverbs 31: 16-18 " She cinsiders a field and buys it oit of her earnings she plants a vineyard
17 She sets about her work vigorously, her arms are strong for her tasks
18 She sees that her trading is profitable

No wise woman will choose to be a housewife even if her hubby pay her salary for staying at home
Thank you.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by ITbomb(m): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2014
Moderation is the key word
Your wife must work but not working herself out.
There should be a good job near home and closes in good time.

Remember she should be working for passion not killing herself for money.

A working mother builds the best home - ITbomb, 1998

Pls Mod don't take this to front page or I don die.

Disclaimer : Any quote without this disclaimer does not represent my opinion

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by killercute16(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2014
ITbomb: Moderation is the key word

I told one girl that I always wanted to [b]marry a teacher[/], imagine the horror on her face (with her B Eng Chemical Engineering) , we broke up 2 months later
I tink dat will be the best.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2014

I told one girl that I always wanted to marry a teacher, imagine the horror on her face (with her B Eng Chemical Engineering) , we broke up 2 months later
You can't blame her. Not every woman wants to be a teacher. It will be better to go and marry a woman that is a teacher (if you want to marry a teacher) than go and marry an engineer and then want her to become a teacher by your choice.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2014
As a woman, I will work and still take care of my home together with my husband but I must surely hv a househelp...I don talk finish
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by bukatyne(f): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2014

I told one girl that I always wanted to marry a teacher, imagine the horror on her face (with her B Eng Chemical Engineering) , we broke up 2 months later

So she should become a teacher with B.Eng Chem Eng when she doesn't want to because she wants to become a Mrs. ITbomb?

That babe's heads is screwed on her shoulders. She knows what she wants and where she's going to. cheesy wink

If you want to marry a teacher, go to primary & secondary schools to look for a single teacher.

6 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by bukatyne(f): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: You can't blame her. Not every woman wants to be a teacher. It will be better to go an marry a woman that is a teacher (if you want to marry a teacher) than go and marry an engineer and then want her to become a teacher by your choice[/b][b].

See selfishness and show stopping of the highest order

God will not let my children see such

And you wonder why the standard of education is dropping daily; most teachers are frustrated; forced by their husbands, lack of employment etc.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
bukatyne:

See selfishness and show stopping of the highest order

God will not let my children see such

And you wonder why the standard of education is dropping daily; most teachers are frustrated; forced by their husbands, lack of employment etc.
Yes... sad

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
bukatyne:

So she should become a teacher with B.Eng Chem Eng when she doesn't want to because she wants to become a Mrs. ITbomb?

That babe's heads is screwed on her shoulders. She knows what she wants and where she's going to. cheesy wink

If you want to marry a teacher, go to primary & secondary schools to look for a single teacher.

Exactly.. smiley
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
I have always wanted to marry a working class,can't afford a woman to be totally dependent on me like a leech,and to ensure she's occupied,else she become the devil's playground.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by DBestDoc(f): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Housewife?
What happens to the years of admission hustling, the 6yrs of sleepless nights, my contribution to the society et al?

Infact, it's like telling my father he is foo.lish.

2 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by bukatyne(f): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: Yes... sad

It is well!

You will see teachers beating students like no tomorrow sad

Nothing like doing what you do because you want to cheesy
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by ITbomb(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Teaching is in general terms, she could be a lecturer for chrissake.
But what I really mean is that she should have a job that is from 8am to latest 4pm or good shift .
For that particular girl, I even arrange for a job in a food packaging company but she wanted oil company
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by bukatyne(f): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
ITbomb:
But what I really mean is that she should have a job that is from 8am to latest 4pm.

A teacher is different from a lecturer really

But again, when you want to marry, choose a lady that already fits that criteria or is working towards fitting it.

Do not marry a lady who wants to be a doctor, lawyer, banker, entrepreneur, housewife etc. force her into teaching. We have enough frustrated teachers already

2 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
DBestDoc: Housewife?
What happens to the years of admission hustling, the 6yrs of sleepless nights, my contribution to the society et al?

Infact, it's like telling my father he is foo.lish.

housewife my bombom. abi why didn't i just go learn how to sell all those agbo jedi jedi that those women sell at the moto park??
Sleepless nights to write and pass WAEC,
Sleepless nights to pass JAMB and beat the cut-off marks
Sleepless nights to make good grades
1year to another man's land to serve the nation etc
And still having sleepless night to write and pass professional exams.....
All these just to sit in one man's house ALL DAY??
Olorun maje

3 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
ITbomb:
But what I really mean is that she should have a job that is from 8am to latest 4pm or good shift .
For that particular girl, I even arrange for a job in a food packaging company but she wanted oil company
I am still on my point. Whether teaching or lecturing or any type of job of your choice, you have to go in search of someone that has same level of passion for it. Like dating a primary,secondary school teacher if you want to marry a teacher or dating someone study education (out of choice and not out of JAMB choice) in the university. and maybe dating a graduate lecturer or so that is single. It will be so unfair marrying someone with passion for tailoring and then forcing her to be a hair stylist after she gets married to you because that is what you want.

It is just like your wife marrying you as an auditor/accountant and she now starts pestering you to go into importing and exporting maybe because she sees people making lots of money from it when you/she know(s) that you are not in anyway business inclined. TOTALLY unfair. If you want to marry a chicken, go to the poultry and don't go to the sty and then try to turn a pig to chicken.

All those rich men that just believe that because they have money, they will open a supermarket for their wives and expect her to stay there. Who told you she wants to sell market? Most times, the business ends up going down the drain and the man will now come and start shouting that his wife is a spoiler. mtscheeeeeew.

7 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: You can't blame her. Not every woman wants to be a teacher. It will be better to go an marry a woman that is a teacher (if you want to marry a teacher) than go and marry an engineer and then want her to become a teacher by your choice.

Very wisely said!!! cool
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by MrsAwesome: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
Very funny how men believe that the world revolves around them.

Ain't got time for an egotistical man to dictate whether I should be working or not. Uarrrrgh,.....imagine the effrontery.

Women should try to be as independent as possible, if hubby abhors creche he should substitute.
I am not a feminist, but a 21st century practical woman.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
ITbomb:

You don't tell a girl to change her career for your own convenience.

Even if she decided to do something more in tune with what you want in the future, it should be her idea, not yours.

Do you want a woman who resents you and blames you for every difficulty in her workplace as a wife? I don't think so.

Believe it or not, being a 'teacher' doesn't make one a good mother. You cannot be a good mother to your children if you are unhappy with your life, or blame them for not achieving your dreams.

You made a mistake by considering her as a wife . . . it would have been better if you went to that Food Packaging Coy and married someone who works there.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by ladycomfort(f): 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Full house wife in this country is not a very good thing . The husband might use this against his wife someday. Why is it that men now prefer to marry teachers.

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
MrsAwesome: Very funny how men believe that the world revolves around them.

Ain't got time for an egotistical man to dictate whether I should be working or not. Uarrrrgh,.....imagine the effrontery.

Women should try to be as independent as possible, if hubby abhors creche he should substitute.
I am not a feminist, but a 21st century practical woman.
grin grin
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ujujoan:

You don't tell a girl to change her career for your own convenience.

Even if she decided to do something more in tune with what you want in the future, it should be her idea, not yours.

Do you want a woman who resents you and blames you for every difficulty in her workplace as a wife? I don't think so.

Believe it or not, being a 'teacher' doesn't make one a good mother. You cannot be a good mother to your children if you are unhappy with your life, or blame them for not achieving your dreams.

You made a mistake by considering her as a wife . . . it would have been better if you went to that Food Packaging Coy and married someone who works there.
correct!!!

1 Like

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
People should give it a rest. Being a house wife works for some and does not work for others, let those who want housewives marry women who want to be housewives and those who want career wives marry career wives.
Dont go and marry a career oriented woman and insist she becomes a house wife, or marry one whose dream is to be a home maker and start forcing her to work.
Couples should do what works for them and find spouses who reason alike.

3 Likes

Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
@ITbomb:please don't forget in your search not to marry a private school teacher o. Go for those in public/govt school.
Re: Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? by Godmystrength: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2: People should give it a rest. Being a house wife works for some and does not work for others, let those who want housewives marry women who want to be housewives and those who want career wives marry career wives.
Dont go and marry a career oriented woman and insist she becomes a house wife, or marry one whose dream is to be a home maker and start forcing her to work.
Couples should do what works for them and find spouses who reason alike.
You are right. But i think what they want is a woman that they can just order around anyhow. Like someone they can command today to start working and she will start and maybe whenever they feel like, they command her to resign and stay at home and she does that. No argument or questioning. A woman that can be made to fit into their plan by fire by force.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Help. / Getting A Wife / AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.