Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife (3418 Views)

Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife? / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law / Married Men ,how Many Of You Would Want A Working Wife ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
Though its pleasurable for a woman to b in d ouse 24/7 jst watching tv, sleeping and jst eating while d man labours. But seriously, I can't and will neva b d type of man dat wl watch my woman sleep, eat and watch screens on d basis dat i love my woman and i want to take good care and full responsibility of her. Now adays, d growth of d family depends on d income generated by both d man and woman, division of labour btw d two parties is paramount. In d case of d full ouse wife wen d man is financially down d woman is definitely dowm financially. But if it is d case dat d man and the woman works dey cant b down at d same time. If the two parties r working it also elps to fulfil d needs of d children... Tell me, what will happen in a family where only the man works while d woman sits at home everyday to just welcom d man from work and suddenly death comes knocking at door? It will take a longer time for such woman to recover. Ok, lets say d man has left fortunes and unfortunately d family of d man step on al d fortunes, wat wl b of such woman and her children? But in d case of the woman that works so as to supplement d effort of d man, such woman wil nt find it difficult to rise if anything happens to d man. To me, my wife will not b a stay-at-home type.
Pls wat do you think abt ds issue?
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by tosingcfr(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
I would prefer a working one cos an idle hand is the devil's workshop
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by addictiv(m): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
its non negotiable she must be working before we tie the knot......
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by younggirl: 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
SMH! @OP, is that Ur defination of a housewife? A woman who sits at home and watches TV while d husband works to put food on d table Wow! I kind of get pissed with this kind of mindset, a woman who sweeps ur house,cook for u,washes ur clothes,takes care of ur children,do d dishes etc,yet u refer to her as one who just sits at home nd watch tv while u work? Why not swap roles then? Why do some men treat women like trash? What then is d essence of marriage? If d woman is working,u still expect her to return from work nd do d above mentioned,if she is not working,u accuse her of sitting down at home nd watching tv, so who takes care of d kids while u are away? Abi dat one no be work? Yet she will still warm ur bed? If u are worried she's a housewife,y not open a business for her? If u have children,have u ever appreciated her for all d efforts she puts in taking care of them? Is it all about money? Then y did u marry her?? If she's working fine,but if she is not,still appreciate her because she is working at home nd saving d money u wud have used to buy food,dryclean ur clothes,pay for daycare,pay househelp etc.

Ahh!!! Women don suffer!

10 Likes

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 13, 2013
@ younggirl,dont bother yourself,these posters are obviously single because if they aren't,they would ve known that no woman stays home to watch TV.The married ones knows what a housewife's daily life is like and know is not easy to handle what women handle at home on daily basis. Swapping roles is something that they can't even survive grin
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 13, 2013
^ on point!

A lady who gives her full time and energy to her family is not necessarily lazy and without aspiration.

What men usually want is a hybrid working house wife. I will forever remember my young ears listening to my Nigerian school teacher telling me she had two bed times each night. She gets home every night after 6, cooking + laundry, sleeps, wakes up past midnight to wash and clean up after husband and kids, then slept again to wake at 6am. Now, excuse my ignorant Jamo sef, but that was a next level of dedication to her family! Honorable or slavery? I will never know as I have never heard her (white) husbands side of story.
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by younggirl: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2013
@Byvan,thanks for that. Obviously d Op is not married,by the time he joins d club,he will be singing a different tune! Lol @ swapping roles.
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2013
younggirl: SMH! @OP, is that Ur defination of a housewife? A woman who sits at home and watches TV while d husband works to put food on d table Wow! I kind of get pissed with this kind of mindset, a woman who sweeps ur house,cook for u,washes ur clothes,takes care of ur children,do d dishes etc,yet u refer to her as one who just sits at home nd watch tv while u work? Why not swap roles then? Why do some men treat women like trash? What then is d essence of marriage? If d woman is working,u still expect her to return from work nd do d above mentioned,if she is not working,u accuse her of sitting down at home nd watching tv, so who takes care of d kids while u are away? Abi dat one no be work? Yet she will still warm ur bed? If u are worried she's a housewife,y not open a business for her? If u have children,have u ever appreciated her for all d efforts she puts in taking care of them? Is it all about money? Then y did u marry her?? If she's working fine,but if she is not,still appreciate her because she is working at home nd saving d money u wud have used to buy food,dryclean ur clothes,pay for daycare,pay househelp etc.

Ahh!!! Women don suffer!

Pls u nid to go tru d topic very well, i said i will nt watch my wife sit at home. U made mention of setting her up atleast that will keep her up and doing and even with that she can take care of d family. So you have made ur point. I have not specified any job, job na job, but there must be something she will rely on out of d man.
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2013
byvan: @ younggirl,dont bother yourself,these posters are obviously single because if they aren't,they would ve known that no woman stays home to watch TV.The married ones knows what a housewife's daily life is like and know is not easy to handle what women handle at home on daily basis. Swapping roles is something that they can't even survive grin
Madam, am not saying what d women r doing at home is easy, there are works women can do that they wl stl v time for d upbringing of d child/children as d case may b. I dont think u even read all i said. U cn b full ouse wife, but wat wl b of u wen d unthinkabl happens? Its not abt married or unmarried, jst let us have ur opinion, it might save a family u neva knw
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by modele2: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
First point of correction being a house wife is more challenging and difficult than being a working woman. Primariy because its a thankless stressful job without monetary rewards.

Second it depends on your value system. Stay at home mums invariably have time to take better care of the kids and the home. The children at a particular age crave just for mummys presence and the stability of having her around. I know a banker who hardly sees her kids cooks only weekends and is highly strung out. The children learn from their house help, thankfully in her own case she has a good one.

Third the only solid point (from my view) is in case the breadwinner dies, so a woman should at least have some skill and some knowledge of the business world incase....

All in all, i think men who drive on this are just plain lazy and looking for who to feed them. if ur lucky enough that your spouse is working always revaluate your self and remember that it is a pure bonus and should not be relied on or make the man lazy.

1 Like

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by deejay717(f): 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Working wife all the way

1 Like

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
modele2: First point of correction being a house wife is more challenging and difficult than being a working woman. Primariy because its a thankless stressful job without monetary rewards.

Second it depends on your value system. Stay at home mums invariably have time to take better care of the kids and the home. The children at a particular age crave just for mummys presence and the stability of having her around. I know a banker who hardly sees her kids cooks only weekends and is highly strung out. The children learn from their house help, thankfully in her own case she has a good one.

Third the only solid point (from my view) is in case the breadwinner dies, so a woman should at least have some skill and some knowledge of the business world incase....

All in all, i think men who drive on this are just plain lazy and looking for who to feed them. if ur lucky enough that your spouse is working always revaluate your self and remember that it is a pure bonus and should not be relied on or make the man lazy.
Thank u, u got it all, and u left no stone on turnd, some ppl here v been so selfish dealing with d topic.
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
Who wants a lazy asss wife who sits at home all day what we call ALABODO (Feed and Ffuck)

Whats the cooking and cleaning? is she cooking for a whole country? That would take the whole day or when the children are in School what would she be doing? Gossiping?

If cooking and cleaning is the problem let the couple split the responsibilities. Wife cook, Husband clean and both go to work.

The Okonjos, The Alele-Williams, Top Lawyers, Engineers, doctors etc the numerous women on top of their career are they barren or dont they have families?

Why did her parents bother sending her to school if all she wants to do is sit at home

And the excuse of lazy folks spew that "Kids need their mother" dont they also need their fathers? Let both parents sit at home and see maybe na sand them go chop

Deciding to stay at home is a sign of laziness

So what do you teach your daughters? That once God blesses you with a vagiina you dont have to work in life.

4 Likes

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Rubbish
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Daresh(f): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
dayokanu: Who wants a lazy asss wife who sits at home all day what we call ALABODO (Feed and Ffuck)

Whats the cooking and cleaning? is she cooking for a whole country? That would take the whole day or when the children are in School what would she be doing? Gossiping?

If cooking and cleaning is the problem let the couple split the responsibilities. Wife cook, Husband clean and both go to work.

The Okonjos, The Alele-Williams, Top Lawyers, Engineers, doctors etc the numerous women on top of their career are they barren or dont they have families?

Why did her parents bother sending her to school if all she wants to do is sit at home

And the excuse of lazy folks spew that "Kids need their mother" dont they also need their fathers? Let both parents sit at home and see maybe na sand them go chop

Deciding to stay at home is a sign of laziness

So what do you teach your daughters? That once God blesses you with a vagiina you dont have to work in life.

You got it all wrong dude. When I had my son, I was compelled to stay home. I didn't have a maid, my mum is no more and I sure as hell was not going to leave my new born in a school. Men it was hell! The pickin dey cry, house is dirty, I never chop, never rest, how will I even think of watching tv? You just think it is beans to stay at home.

My husband used to say exactly what you are saying until the day I left him home with the boy, who was already 6 months by the way and his wahala had even reduced, and he kept complaining kpe, this boy will not let me rest.

Now I work outside the house and my life is a lot calmer. I have less anxiety, less stress and much much less work. No one went to school to sit at home, but the truth is, someone has to stay with the kids in the early stages on life. I will not do daycare for 3 or 6month old child. They both hit 18months b4 leaving me.

Staying at home is not laziness, it is much more challenging that hustling. In fact I laugh at how easily I make money, and men would be making noise like it is so difficult. *hiss*

4 Likes

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
^^ Taking time off work to take care of infants in understandable and most people do it

Even in some countries they give a 6months maternity leave for young mothers to care for infants

On this thread the topic is Housewife those who decide to sit at home whether they have kids or not?

Tell me what a wife who doesnt have young kids would be doing at home all day?

Tell us what a wife whose kids are in school would be doing all day?

Most of us had mothers, sisters, colleagues, bosses etc who worked and still had families, Most dont even have the modern tools they have nowadays

Its putting the clothes in the washing machine and pushing the buttons(Max 5mins task) thats now work?

4 Likes

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by ladygogo: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Firstly,there is absolutely no reason for a woman to be a stay at home mom no matter how rich your husband is. However, if you are going to stay at home do make sure you keep your skills current by volunteering, starting a viable business, and taking up more courses.

Secondly, there are no guarantees in life. Your husband can can lose his job, become ill and die. We dont pray for these things to happen, but life isnt always going to be fair to us.

Thirdly, it will be very difficult for you to leave your marriage if you experience infidelity, physical and emotional abuse. Your self-esteem goes down the drain and you will become a bitter and depressed woman.

Finally, earning your own income does a whole lot for your self-esteem and may end up being a lifesaver in the future.

1 Like

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Taking time off work to take care of infants in understandable and most people do it

Even in some countries they give a 6months maternity leave for young mothers to care for infants

On this thread the topic is Housewife those who decide to sit at home whether they have kids or not?

Tell me what a wife who doesnt have young kids would be doing at home all day?

Tell us what a wife whose kids are in school would be doing all day?

Most of us had mothers, sisters, colleagues, bosses etc who worked and still had families, Most dont even have the modern tools they have nowadays

Its putting the clothes in the washing machine and pushing the buttons(Max 5mins task) thats now work?

this man you have come again, those of us that work also cook and clean so i don't get this point about staying at home is not beans. nothing in life is beans unless u are dangote's wife grin
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
cotton101:

this man you have come again, those of us that work also cook and clean so i don't get this point about staying at home is not beans. nothing in life is beans unless u are dangote's wife grin

People that work like you they starve or eat raw food since they don't cook and live an unkempt and dirty life their children turn to hooligans and prostitutes grin grin grin
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dayo Preach ! grin

I had dinner with a friend(parent from my kids school that want us to be friends) and asked her why work, atleast they have 2 gas stations? She gave me a very bad look before I confessed I was just pulling her legs. grin
^^ she passed my friendship test... I don't roll with plastic bones.

Justifying laziness ....so packing lunch boxes and feeding your own kids you opened your legs , bore at your own will is such a big deal.

Or paying bills and buying groceries is such a task that you can't do?

Shoot me then, ta ni mo fe fi Jo ? Oledarun oshis. Good riddance to Lazy bûtts forming madams.
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
I don't think anyone actually supported being a full time house wife in this thread but varying circumstances can make a woman stay at home for awhile,this doesn't make her lazy.

2 Likes

Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by OmoAlata1(f): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
I was a stay at home mom for 4 yrs, I enjoyed and hated it at the same time. I couldn't wait to go back to work. I don't think my personality is meant for stay at home mom, so I can never see myself being one again.
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
As for me, i dont see a reason why God in his infinite mercy provide a ma a good job and d wife wl nt take advantage of it and set herself up even if no white collar... Working or going to ur supermarket for 6hrs wl do no woman any harm but u wl even have enough time to spend wit ur lads. Ur husband will even be proud to have you cos you will not become a burden..
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by OmoAlata1(f): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
bamac: As for me, i dont see a reason why God in his infinite mercy provide a ma a good job and d wife wl nt take advantage of it and set herself up even if no white collar... Working or going to ur supermarket for 6hrs wl do no woman any harm but u wl even have enough time to spend wit ur lads. Ur husband will even be proud to have you cos you will not become a burden..

How is it a burden? So if you have small small children and your wife stay at home until they reach kindergarten age, you will see her as a burden?
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
younggirl: SMH! @OP, is that Ur defination of a housewife? A woman who sits at home and watches TV while d husband works to put food on d table Wow! I kind of get pissed with this kind of mindset, a woman who sweeps ur house,cook for u,washes ur clothes,takes care of ur children,do d dishes etc,yet u refer to her as one who just sits at home nd watch tv while u work? Why not swap roles then? Why do some men treat women like trash? What then is d essence of marriage? If d woman is working,u still expect her to return from work nd do d above mentioned,if she is not working,u accuse her of sitting down at home nd watching tv, so who takes care of d kids while u are away? Abi dat one no be work? Yet she will still warm ur bed? If u are worried she's a housewife,y not open a business for her? If u have children,have u ever appreciated her for all d efforts she puts in taking care of them? Is it all about money? Then y did u marry her?? If she's working fine,but if she is not,still appreciate her because she is working at home nd saving d money u wud have used to buy food,dryclean ur clothes,pay for daycare,pay househelp etc.

Ahh!!! Women don suffer!

I tell you, am kind of limiting my time here. The suffer too much. Don't wanna be infected with the virus. Make I no come dey suffer online.

Naija Men! Change ooooooo
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
When ur husband is not around u can't take some decisions, isnt dt burden?
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
I am suprised dt it is even women dat are talking against women workin... What then is the work of the feminists of ds world?
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by OmoAlata1(f): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
bamac: When ur husband is not around u can't take some decisions, isnt dt burden?

I will take decision if it is urgent
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2013
Omo_Alata:

I will take decision if it is urgent
who makes decision when money isn't on ground?
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by OmoAlata1(f): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2013
bamac: who makes decision when money isn't on ground?

Both
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by bamac(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Both
are dey both working?
Re: A Full House Wife Or A Working Wife by OmoAlata1(f): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yes now, I don't stay home anymore

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adoption Of Stepchildren / Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? / What Every Mother Needs To Teach Her Daughter This 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.