Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? (29667 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Member Stabbed By Opposition Party - Graphic Photos / Being An Opposition Party, Not Licence To Abuse Buhari, APC Tells PDP / The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by 9jagoodman: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
APC is a group of people that thought the government in power is weak and its time to hijack power using any tool. They have used all tools without result. What is remaining now is noise making. Just give them space to make all the noise before they start crying.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
honeric01:

And i insist you brush up your knowledge on government and the word "opposition"
I have successfully made my points sha.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by honeric01(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: I have successfully made my points sha.

And i have successfully faulted your faulty points grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
honeric01:

And i have successfully faulted your faulty points grin grin grin grin
Go read your books ojare.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by honeric01(m): 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: Go read your books ojare.

You should be one reading your books especially of logic, government and morals, i am working cheesy
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tlovely: u ar just speaking urself deceptive English. how does an opposition sabotage an already starving public interest by criticising the useless n most insignificant policies of a stupid government, u ar so pathetic... n ur grammer cannot be fashioned to decieve Nigerians as if d party or government it parades are on dier side wen it is obvious DAT it is tearing d country down n u ar posing lyk dier sidekick...
Could you state some five areas in which the government in power despite its perceived failings has scored a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10?

Please take your time before you respond.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
honeric01:

You should be one reading your books especially of logic, government and morals, i am working cheesy
Some working. Oh, I see...
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by honeric01(m): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: Some working. Oh, I see...

Hope you read your Pol 106 sha? tongue
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by rman: 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: Sorry you are conflating the whole issue. Go and read my essay so that you can get the slant of my argument.

The point is for the opposition to play its role while not constituting itself as a cog in the wheel of progress.

There are better ways to reach out to the populace/electorates than choosing the part of maligning and contradicting obvious achievements.

If you want to defeat a champion, you don't dismiss and discount their strength and advantage. Instead, you acknowledge their abilities while thinking out ways of outdoing them.

ok bro
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by anitank(f): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
I agree I don't know much about politics and have no much interest either......but then I don't believe APC is the change Nigeria needs.

The party is full of drama and a lot of confused members who are not sure if they want to remain there or leave to another party.

I honestly don't believe APC would do any better than PDP. They are both like different branches from the same tree, same stem, same root! Vote them in and we'd go back lamenting like we always have.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
rman:

Opposition can continue to lose for 100yrs.......blaming them for losing or attributing their loses to criticizing government in power is lame. And that is the point I made
And one of the points that I was making is that the opposition must change their tack if they really want to come to power.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by theoctopus: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the follwoing reasons I can not vote for Buhari

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers whose land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution. He left untouched an alleged well known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatia mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by meanhearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, co ordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame!

17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiven. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army function where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates and a few of them protested, Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.

22 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
honeric01:

Hope you read your Pol 106 sha? tongue
I blame you?
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Rijes: 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift:

Ask anyone who knows, Rochas have done more than all the PDP Governors in Imo State put together.
Maybe u re not from imo. Rochas just disgracing himself
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by honeric01(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: I blame you?

Hehe, i hope you know what Pol 106 is?
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by rayanberry: 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nigerians keep forgetting the fact that APC is just about a year old, you can not compare that to a worthless party who has been at the helm of affairs in the past 15 years , they have done absolutely incredible things in the past one year. at first when they emerged , we were all talking about how they could stay together as a party who came in with different ideas and like-minds. am proud of them... APC CHANGE FEDERAL

4 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
adanny01:

I am surprised the way you look at things that are so obvious. How do you expect APC to 'demonstrably show how' without control of the government. Who is a Doctor without a patient or who is a politician without government? What is the job of an opposition without criticism? How can they show how without criticism?

I guess you want APC to campaign for PDP just like Obiagelli thought!
You demonstrate how by ensuring that all your conduct are beyond reproach or above board.

You can't be preaching democracy when you cannot guarantee something as basic as internal democracy within your ranks.

You show how by eschewing godfatherism and big-man syndrome that are causing disaffection and defection among your members.

You lead by example by using the states under your purview as pilot cases of how you would perform on the big stage.

You make you spoint by discarding the shackles of primordial sentiments.

You popularise your appeal by building goodwill among Nigerians by extending hands of fellowship across ethnic and religious cleavages.

Indeed, there are many ways you can show how..
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Rufex07(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift: APC is a breath of fresh air to the corrupt ridden PDP that has spent 15 years in making Nigeria a giant crawling on it stomach. APC is a viable alternative to PDP. Never in this democratic dispensation have we ever had an alternative that defeat the monster called PDP.

By voting in APC and voting out PDP, Nigerians will achieve 4 things in our Political Space:
1. That the Masses are the Boss. While our politicians are the servants.
2. It will mean the APC will not repeat the callous and nonchalant leadership dispositions that PDP have been dishing out for the last 15 years.
3. PDP will have the opportunity to go back to the drawing board to prioritize what is paramount to them (protect criminals or serve the masses).
4. And since PDP know how to steal, they will better police the FG under APC by exposing any imaginable malpractice even before Nigerians can find out.

So any Patriotic Nigerian will see that it is for the best interest of Nigeria to vote out PDP and elect APC come 2015. This nation will triumph again.

God bless you for this nice post. Let there be change, APC will be forced to perform if it is voted in.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: I am personally astounded by the developments in this country. The degree of bitterness and intolerance are getting pretty worrisome.

Granted, the government in power has a lot to do to meet the expectation of the electorates that voted it into power. But then we have to draw a line between a constructive opposition and sheer unreasonableness.

In other climes, opposition elements make their mark by complementing the party in power. In other words, they, as a watchdog of government, provide constructive opposition. They praise the government when it makes positive progress and provide constructive criticism when the government falls out of line.

From the foregoing, the opposition duly earn their respect and recognition.
Infact,the opposition conduct themselves as a credible alternative. Put in another way, the opposition demonstrate, by their action, that they be could entrusted to form a broad-based government without jeopardising the common good.

The case of Nigeria is pathetically unfortunate. We have a situation where the major opposition party practically see nothing good in whatever the government does. It is as if the main opposition party viz APC is pre-set willy-nilly to denigrate and disparage all actions of government.

I am constrained to ask whether this tendency is purely an African thing; where you must denigrate and malign your counterpart even when doi so is at the detriment of the common good...

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria's main opposition party, I believe, has not covered itself in that much glory over the past few days. One would have expected some level of appreciation and commendation for the growing democratic culture in Nigeria as witnessed by the free and fair elections in some states in the past few months.

Instead, all one hears are a cacophony of discordant voices.
Now, I am beginning to comprehend why Julius Nyerere asserted that African culture abhors opposition...

The current government of the PDP:
1) Released the two greatest criminals in the history of Democratic leadership in Nigeria (Ibori & Alamesiegha) and made them chieftains in PDP.

2) Ignored the security plight of the masses to the extent that bomb blast is now more common that knockout blast in the country.

3) Protect the major listed sponsors of bokoharam (former governor of Borno state) because He is a member of PDP.

4) Introduce financial wrecking plans (like Subsidy removal, proposed television charges, mighty increase in electricity bills) and many more to wreck the labouring masses.

5) Protected evil ministers from being investigated.

6) Introduced and completed some very embarrassing project's like the Flooded airport (the 1st of its kind in Nigeria) in a bid to mislead blind supporters.

There are many other foul acts displayed by the current governments. So please Y should APC praise them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Koyegunle: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift: APC is a breath of fresh air to the corrupt ridden PDP that has spent 15 years in making Nigeria a giant crawling on it stomach. APC is a viable alternative to PDP. Never in this democratic dispensation have we ever had an alternative that defeat the monster called PDP.

By voting in APC and voting out PDP, Nigerians will achieve 4 things in our Political Space:
1. That the Masses are the Boss. While our politicians are the servants.
2. It will mean the APC will not repeat the callous and nonchalant leadership dispositions that PDP have been dishing out for the last 15 years.
3. PDP will have the opportunity to go back to the drawing board to prioritize what is paramount to them (protect criminals or serve the masses).
4. And since PDP know how to steal, they will better police the FG under APC by exposing any imaginable malpractice even before Nigerians can find out.

So any Patriotic Nigerian will see that it is for the best interest of Nigeria to vote out PDP and elect APC come 2015. This nation will triumph again.

Oh my God! This is what I've been telling everyone I know and they always think I'm partisan. Please i beg you to right a more elaborate article, I believe there are lots of nairalnders who will be ready to help sponsore it to be published in major newspapers... God bless you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
ayindejimmy:

Maybe if PDP start emulating the ruling parties in the Western world APC might do the same thing Oppositions in Western worlds. Until then, same old shit everyday.
In all your argument u av failed woefully to understand that respect is reciprocal.
Except that the PDP is the party in power.

The burden of proof/conviction resides with the opposition, I am afraid to highlight.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by nke001: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
TeamclicksAir: whats the difference between the parties?

Exactly the question we Nigerians should answer before pitching tents. They are all politically rogued groups hell bent to siphon the nation's resource into private pockets.

God will help us vote in the right person and not the right party because there is none current available.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
honeric01:

And was this how the ruling party operated during their era?
How is the ruling party operating?

When presently you have the degree of press freedom and freedom of speech unprecedented in the history of Nigeria.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Koyegunle: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: I am personally astounded by the developments in this country. The degree of bitterness and intolerance are getting pretty worrisome.

Granted, the government in power has a lot to do to meet the expectation of the electorates that voted it into power. But then we have to draw a line between a constructive opposition and sheer unreasonableness.

In other climes, opposition elements make their mark by complementing the party in power. In other words, they, as a watchdog of government, provide constructive opposition. They praise the government when it makes positive progress and provide constructive criticism when the government falls out of line.

Infact,the opposition conduct themselves as a credible alternative. Put in another way, the opposition demonstrate, by their action, that they be could entrusted to form a broad-based government without jeopardising the common good.

The case of Nigeria is pathetically unfortunate. We have a situation where the major opposition party practically see nothing good in whatever the government does. It is as if the main opposition party viz APC is pre-set willy-nilly to denigrate and disparage all actions of government.

I am constrained to ask whether this tendency is purely an African thing; where you must denigrate and malign your counterpart even when doi so is at the detriment of the common good...

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria's main opposition party, I believe, has not covered itself in that much glory over the past few days. One would have expected some level of appreciation and commendation for the growing democratic culture in Nigeria as witnessed by the free and fair elections in some states in the past few months.

Now, I am beginning to comprehend why Julius Nyerere asserted that African culture abhors opposition...

I've been telling people around me lately that the current media brain-washing by the PDP masked-men called TAN, will start making people believe that the best they can have is GEJ and what he has to offer......the above rubbish is an example of such result of the media brain-washing.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Druhill(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
I dont know why in Nigeria when party A win election party B will either take party A to court or try all its possible best to frustrate party A in its ruling, we should all learn from America when Obama won the election the other candidate came to celebrate with him and Obama in his speech said to all Americans, those who vote for me nd those who do not vote for me am now ur president thank you all, nd life goes on, am not sure that can ever happen here in Nigeria. my prayer for Nigeria is that,one day when all this criminals posing to be our leaders gathered themselves to share our money earthquake will just occur where they nd they will perish for a better 9ja to come.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by adanny01(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: You demonstrate how by ensuring that all your conduct are beyond reproach or above board.

You can't be preaching democracy when you cannot guarantee something as basic as internal democracy within your ranks.

You show how by eschewing godfatherism and big-man syndrome that are causing disaffection and defection among your members.

You lead by example by using the states under your purview as pilot cases of how you would perform on the big stage.

You make you spoint by discarding the shackles of primordial sentiments.

You popularise your appeal by building goodwill among Nigerians by extending hands of fellowship across ethnic and religious cleavages.

Indeed, there are many ways you can show how..

You are still not making sense especially that everything you are talking about is exactly what PDP is. You are not being constructive in your criticism of APC. PDP is equally bad, if not more than APC.

You say APC should lead by example, who is leading between APC and PDP. PDP today are leaders of Nigeria, who will APC lead, themselves?

What you are expecting of APC, you will never get from any opposition in anywhere in the world. You cant make demanda of the opposition but you can make demands from the leading or ruling party. APC is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, most of the negative view APC has was created by PDP to eliminate the only threat to their position. All of the allegations against APC are unfounded and in sone cases ridiculous.

Look at this link below 'Ebola: PDP accuses Amaechi of insensitivity'. Isnt it ridiculous?
www.punchng.com/news/ebola-pdp-accuses-amaechi-of-insensitivity/

5 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by maestroferddi: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Koyegunle:

I've been telling people around me lately that the current media brain-washing by the PDP masked-men called TAN, will start making people believe that the best they can have is GEJ and what he has to offer......the above rubbish is an example of such result of the media brain-washing.
Can you build a compelling case of the points you are trying to make?

I don't normally honour wild and whimsical assertions with a rejoinder...
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by xclusive43(m): 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2014

If i may ask ,How much were you paid for this? :-/

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by honeric01(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: How is the ruling party operating?

When presently you have the degree of press freedom and freedom of speech unprecedented in the history of Nigeria.

Stop insulting our sensitivity, press freedom where spokemen of opposition parties are being arrested and jailed?

Was there no freedom of speech during yaradua, Shagari, Shonekan and co's era?

What do you expect from a supposed democratic government? is freedom of speech even suppose to be a gift in a democracy?

Please stop insulting people with sane mind! angry

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Ediskcab(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift:

Buhari Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions. And the good news is that under democratic dispensation, there are institutions of government in place that will checkmate and over zealousness.

U forgot to add that Just recently, Soldiers were used to destroy newspapers meant for circulation for 2days with huge losses to d newspaper coys.
This happened under a democratic setting, tell me hw its diff 4rm what Buhari did back den.

Bunch of hippos wink

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by 4C2215131: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
I assume an apolotical stance on the issue at hand. Both parties are staffed by rogues, risidivists, re-calcitrant and hopelessly morally bankrupt individuals.

But then, maybe there's a lesser of two evils. In my take PDP is a collosal failure and the members list of APC leaves me with nightmares where I wake up in a sweat screaming. Though I find myself in this impasse, I like to think that APC should be given the benefit of a doubt. They say they have a solution, so, let's give them a chance to prove their mettle and should they fail, we can take it up from there.

Now, any sane thinker would know that APC has backed itself into a tight corner. How? By trumpeting the failures of PDP (both real and imagined) and proffering solutions the onus is on them (APC) to deliver on it's mandate. They MUST set ALL they accuse PDP of doing wrongly right (within a fair latitude of course), and we all know how herculean a task that is in Nigeria. So let us give them a chance to "sweep" away the self imposed mis-fortunes of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
anitank: I agree I don't know much about politics and have no much interest either......but then I don't believe APC is the change Nigeria needs.

The party is full of drama and a lot of confused members who are not sure if they want to remain there or leave to another party.

I honestly don't believe APC would do any better than PDP. They are both like different branches from the same tree, same stem, same root! Vote them in and we'd go back lamenting like we always have.
its better u try Dan sit in dis dirt called pdp.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi, Ekweremadu As Running Mat / Assistant Director IPPIS Suspended For Salary Padding / Ohimai Amaize Flees Nigeria On Exile (Kakaaki Social Presenter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.