Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

**obinna**(a True Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / **obinna**(a True Life Story) (9240 Views)

Random Campus True Life Stories . / My Days As An OAU Fresher - True Life Story / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

**obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
********PROLOGUE********

Obinna's desire to reap where he did not sow moves him to sow in the wind. Will he avoid the inevitable consequence, reaping the whirlwind?? Relax and enjoy d story of what becomes of Obinna.....

NB:-Your comments are highly needed because dats wot will keep me going. Thanks
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
******CHAPTER ONE******
Obinna suddenly stopped as his father's house came into sight. He aimlessly wandered to the grassy side of the road and broke off a stalk of grass and started peeling the leaves,thinking meditatively. He did not want to go home,there he would see his fault-finding father.Sometimes,he wondered whether Mazi Okoye was his biological father or whether he was an adopted child.As he could not think out where next to go,coupled with the intense heat of the sun,he started walking home.
He was about to carry his food from the cupboard in the kitchen when his father shouted from his room.
'Who is in that kitchen? Obinna! Make sure you fill those pots with water before you touch the food!'.
Obinna was stooping over the plates when his father rushed out from his room into the kitchen. Before he could rise,he had been shoved aside as his father carried the two plates that contained the food and went back to his room,muttering something to himself. When obinna regained his balance,he turned and looked contemptuously at the position of his father's room for a while. Then,he went to the corner of the kitchen where water pots and cans were kept and selected a four-gallon jerrycan. As he was walking across the inner compound,he pulled a rag from a rope tied between two orange trees,which he would use as a pad to balance the can on his head..........to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
will cntinue chapter one once i get comments 4rm 2 more people......smoothsk i sight u bro
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice 1
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
........continuation........
'Obinna!' his mother called from the window of her room..'Good afternoon, Mama',obinna greeted as he stopped..'Good afternoon,my son. Where have you been since morning?'
'I was hunting with my friends.'..'Then where are the games you killed?' Mama obinna questioned..'Must one kill a game any time one hunts'

Nothing annoyed obinna like being caught telling lies. Actually, he did not hunt. He had been dawdling at chike's house. As he notices that his mother war calling him for nothing so important to him,he stepped forward to go when she called him again. She was more serious this time

'What is it?'he retorted and stopped again.

Ezinne,his mother was always protective of him. She was quite sure dat obinna was not doin anytin valuable since he left in the morning to put the sheep to pasture,but she did not want to argue with him.

'come back and take your lunch before you go down to the stread,'she kindly said to him.
'Not now. He insists i should get the water first,'he said and left immediately.

Instead of goin straight to the stream,obinna dropped in again on chike's place. That was the very compound his father had forbidden him to enter due to their notoriety for crimes. When he entered the compound,he observed that the boys were no longer at the 'obi' where he left them.........to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Donkunxex(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hahaha.,.. Na boredom cos dis tin...F0LL0WINQ
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Donkunxex: Hahaha.,.. Na boredom cos dis tin...F0LL0WINQ
lol...tnx bro..btw,wetin u mean by ''na boredome cause dis tin''?
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Donkunxex(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nunushokoto: lol...tnx bro..btw,wetin u mean by ''na boredome cause dis tin''?
i meant am bored xo i jst gotta read diz...
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Donkunxex:
i meant am bored xo i jst gotta read diz...
lol,i undastnd wink
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
hmmmmm.....51 views and jst 10posts.
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Boss....you are on point..
View must surely be more than comments.
Some people will not have time to comment
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Timothy3113(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
Na d novel wey my siblings use for jss3 be dis. The ambitious village boy.
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Seeing ume's new motor cycle,he concluded they had shiftd to the room.0binna and chike had been there since morning as ume who had just returned from onitsha had been entertaining them with anecdotes. Obinna dropped his can at the right extremity of the 'obi' and headed for the block that contained the rooms. Before he reached the threshold,obinna saw chike come out from the room and entered the corridor that led to the kitchen area. He carried two empty plates that he and hisbrother used for their lunch. Obinna climed up the steps and intended to follow chike when ume's wary eyes spotted him through the transparent curtain. He was told to come inside the room,nd he went at once

'Why didnt you waste much time coming back?'Ume asked as obinna got seated on the only chair in the room...'They say i must fill all the pots in the house with water before eating anything.'

Ume laughed self-consciously and assured him not to worry that things would change. He went to the door and ordered chike to bring a plate of yam for obinna. He went back0to his big bed and continued to entertain obinna with stories about city life; how everybody was free to do anything at his or her own wish and on the chances of getting rich within a short period. The one that interested obinna most was how ume bought his new radio-cassette player and his new ladies motorcycle. Still,he was in a dilemma as to whether to believe him for he knew ume was a loquacious fellow. He could cook up anything in order to keep the athmosphere lively............to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
Timothy3113: Na d novel wey my siblings use for jss3 be dis. The ambitious village boy.
yea,u ryt.
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
....more updates coming....
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
'That day was a friday,'ume was saying.'I was in a restaurant eating fried rice with chicken...,'

Obinna who was very hungry swallowed some saliva. He imagined how delicious the dish would be.

'When one of my friends bumped into me. His name is Jack-D. I told him to have some drinks but he insisted he wasnt in the mood, that he was searching for the person that he was expecting to come and buy his two motorcycles and two radio cassette players. He told me he was in short of the money he would spend at the weekend. I said in my mind that it was my opportunity to own my own motor cycle. I asked him how much he would sell the items as i had seen the motor cycles and was envying him of them. He said five thousand naira....'

'The cassette players or one of the motorcycles?'Obinna asked as he could not believe the cheapness of the items.

Ume smiled miscievously and replied 'everything'. He continued immediately, 'I counted five hundred naira out from the remaining money in my pocket and gave it to him as part of the payment. When we go back to our apartment, i gave him two thousand naira which i kept for miscellaneous expenses.'

Ume stopped and shifted the centre table towards obinna for chike to drop the food he brought,it was roasted yam with red oil and pepper. Chike dropped the plates that he carried on one hand. In the other one was a small wash-hand basin. A cup of drinking water was inside the basin. After dropping everything on the table,he dressed up the foot of the bed and lay supine...........to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ume asked obinna to the plates and continued his tale,

'Then,i thought of what next to do. Luckily for me the person who was to buy those items was our friend. He came with the money. I deceived him,telling him that Jack-D had told me to collect all the money from him. Initially,he refused to give me the money. Later,he insisted that i should give him a cover note to show that i received some money from him. In order to get what i wanted i did as he said and he released the money. After counting it,i found that it was exactly five thousand naira. I quickly took it inside our apartment and told him to come back in some hours and meet Jack-D. Meanwhile he was taking his bath. When he came out of the bathroom,i dropped the remainin two thousand part of the payment from the five thousand. He got dressed and gave me some local receipt that covered those items. I demanded that he should convey all the items to our house before goin out with the money. He requested for one thousand naira more for the transportation. There's no need begging for help to fight someone whom i know i can defeat,even if i'm not healthy. Well,i gave him the money not because of what he said but because i was happy. Are you following?'
'He paused and looked at obinna who had emptied the plates. Obinna nodded in affirmation.
'Before evening' he went on,'he delivered every thing safely before goin to Enugu where he lavishes money on his girlfriends every weekend.'
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
...more update coming...

Pls i nid more comments 2 assure me dat i'm nt alone here. #Thanks
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2014

How ume acquired the motorcycle and the radio cassette player still looked incredible to obinna. But then,the two radio cassette players were right there with them and the motor cycle at the 'obi' must be one of the two,he thought. Obinna was amazed. He once again began to think of leaving the village for Onitsha. He had opened his mouth to ask ume if he would take him with him,then he change his mind and diverted to another question...'Em...then,where is the other motorcycle?
Ume told him that he sold it and settled the person whom he tricked to obtain the five thousand naira when he wanted to make some trouble with him. When obinna remembered that he was sent to the stream to get water,he opened the thick window curtain and was surprised to see that everywhere was almost dark. Chike was snorimg heavily on the bed. The combination of the pop music that filled the room and ume's story had made him fall asleep. Obinna reluctantly rose from the armchair and stretched himself. Asd he stood to leave,ume woke chike0up to see him off. When they walked down the threshold,chike was yawning,heading straight for the gate while obinna headed towards the 'obi' to get his can.

'where are you going?'Chike asked listlessly.
'let me get my water-can' Obinna replied.

Chike was surprised to hear that. He snapped in between yawn

'so you brought your water here all the way from the stream? Dont you know your house is closer to the stream than this place?'

Obinna told him that there was no water in his can yet. He said that he was about to go and fetch some which they would use for dinner. Chike did not say anything to that,he only saw him off to the village square are bade him good night. Actually,obinna had expected chike to fill his can with water as it was obvious that he might no go down to the stream that night........to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2014

When he got home everywhere was quiet except the pounding noice that was coming from the kitchem. Obinna stealthily went there and observe that his mother was cooking soup while his father was pounding the akpu. He quickly dropped the jerry-can beside the kitchen entrance and left for his room. After Mazi Okoye has finished
with the chores which was meant for obinna,he decided to leave the kitchen. As he was walking out,his touch light shone at the jerrycan that obinna propped against the wall. He kicked it and it fell noisily on the ground. He was filled with rage at his sons stupid stubborness. Stamping to his room and furiously opened obinna's door and hit him with the touch. Before obinna could look up,he had started whipping him all over his body. He was crying at the top of his voice,calling his mother for help. Mazi Okoye stopped the thrashing when it occured to him that Ezinne would intervene. Obinna thought it was all over and was having a fit of sulks. Then he saw his father fasten the lock and put the key inside the heavy fold of his wrapper that rested on his abdomen. Obinna started crying again before he was pounced upon. That night obinna did not taste anything. He fasten the door immediately his father left the room. His mother who had been knocking when his father was beating him came again. She knocked and called him to come out and take his supper. Obinna did not respond let alone opening the door for her. He was in a great passion to leave his village. When everywhere was quiet,he recalled the last time he attempted to escape with his elder sister and her husband.........
to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2014

It happened 2 years back when he was only 16. That was after he had sent several fruitless message to his sister to take him to town. He remembered what his mother said;that he was too stubborn to live with his sister in the town;that he might even fight her in the street one day and put them to shame.'But i am not like that,' he soliloquised.'The problem with my people is that they hardly understand me.'That fateful day,father,mother,daughter,son-in-law were chatting in the sitting room when obinna sneaked into the boot of the peugeot 504 saloon car that was parked in front of their house. That was his brother in-law's car. He waited there with cloths soaked with sweat. After 30minutes of waitin there was no sign of them coming. He got out,quickly closed the boot and tip-toed to the sitting room window to see what was happening. The conversation that was goin on in the room was being rounded off and he heard his brother in-law saying that they should be goin. He rushed back inside the boot of the car and closed it again. His sister and her husband entered their car and drove away unawares that somebody was inside the boot. After 15minutes of the ride,obinna nearly suffocated and started to bang on the roof of the boot shouting for help . His voice was drowned by the engine sound. The occupants of the car faintly heard his banging and the car was stopped. Obinna sister rushed to open the boot. As it was opened,she did not knw wot she thought that she saw and slammed it back with a scream. Her husband stopped out of the car and opened it again with confidence. The poor obinna was simply put in a bus that conveyed him back 2 the village, without any trouble. Now,the night was dead,obinna could no longer hear his parent mummuring as he knew they had been in a conversation. The only sound he heard was that of the cricket,shrieking in the dark. He got so terrified as he opened his door to the heavy darkness that he urinated in front of his door and hurriedly banged the door. He retired to his bed and slept off...............to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
chapter 2 starts 2morrow.....

2morrow also promises 2 be a great day nd lyk i said earlier,its nt easy so i need your comments 2 keep me go. I hope you guys dnt deprive me of that. Thanks
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 13, 2014
I got a nice feeling abt dis story...nice story op...sitting in frnt wid my ebola free bush meat n bottle peak milk...who cares ta join me...princeadepoju cum n c o ur seat is ryt here...vonn kum n encourage d op...
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 13, 2014
Shokoto...we need paragraphs o 2 avoid d compacted view...bt nyc story n help send my regards 2 obinna o
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Morning to everyone. Hope y'all had a great night??..........CHAPTER TWO LOADING........
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 8:17am On Aug 13, 2014
ToriEmManson: I got a nice feeling abt dis story...nice story op...sitting in frnt wid my ebola free bush meat n bottle peak milk...who cares ta join me...princeadepoju cum n c o ur seat is ryt here...vonn kum n encourage d op...
lol...i sight you ma....u are most wlcmd.....have a nyc tym reading.
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2014
ToriEmManson: Shokoto...we need paragraphs o 2 avoid d compacted view...bt nyc story n help send my regards 2 obinna o
i will see to that.
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2014
******CHAPTER TWO******

The next morning, obinna woke up as early as he could. He had made two rounds from the stream before daybreak. Ezinne was sweeping the compound as he returned and he greeted her. She hurriedly helped him to put down the water he had fetched. She went back and continued with her sweeping. Saying any other thing would probably earn her no reply. She was quite sure that obinna wasstill sulking over what happened the previous night.

In Mazi Okoye's household, everybody was specified with a particular chore: Mazi Okoye designated to himself putting his only cow out to parture and also saw about the palmwine tapping. Ezinne swept the compound and did the cooking. Obinna collected water from the stream and fetched firewood,washer the plates,put the sheep out to pasture and fetched foliage for the goats. When all the members of the family were living together, Obinna shared the menial chores with his younger sister,Ebele. She was living in a boarding school in Enugu. Obinna got the responsibility of what chore he did now when his elder brothers travelled overseas. Meanwhile,during the planting season,the entirf family neglected some of their morning chores and went to the farm.

This was no planting season. After obinna had transferred the water into an empty water-pot,he took his watchet for cutting the foliage. He also took the sheep along with him. That was when it occured to him that he did not bring them home the previous night. It was his father who did. All the same,he thought. It took him a little while to return. His mother helped him with the foliage. As he was about dropping the matchet,his father told him that they would go to the forest to harvest some of their ripe palm fruit. Obinna greeted him and said nothing more. He went right beside the main house and got his climbing rope from the barn. His mother told him to come and take his breakfast before he should go. He agreed.............to be continued
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2014
To all my viewers,i rill appreciate ur tym in reading this story.....Pls do not 4get 2 invite your friend.

#And the story continues
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by Nunushokoto(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2014

The breakfast was akpu with bitterleaf soup. The soup was still steamin,bug the former was dead cold. They normally took it like that,without warming. He carried the food to one corner of the kitchen and sat on a mortar turned upside down andstarted swallowing the food. His mind drifted toan arrangement he had made with chike. They had planned to arrange the poultry he was keeping with chike in their compound for that day's market. He thought about how much money they would make after their sales. He felt very happy and continued with his breakfast.

The day was still young when they came back with five heads of palmfruit. They were carefully parked and covered under an orange tree. They would later be cut in small bunches and allowed some days to soften in their suckets before they would be picked,then processed into palm oil. Obinna hurriedly took his bath and told his mother he was going to hunt. She only instructed him to come back in time.

Chika and ume were taking maize pap with fried egg when obinna entered. A spoon was giuen to him to join them. Chike's parents were always negligent of their children. Who was the person that would fry eggs in Mazi Okoye's house? He would rather boil the eggs and eat with his wife. He believed that if children were allowed to eat eggs,that one day they would be tempted to chase a hen away from her nest and steal her eggs. After a short while,Ume dropped his spoon,put on his shirt and hurried out................to be continued.
Re: **obinna**(a True Life Story) by vonn(f): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Mehn! I love this kind of writer oooo.
100 updates in a day cheesy
My dear, more inspiration to your heart...............

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boarding Girls: Jessica's Story / Joy To The World / Stuck With Mr Popular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.