Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. (4054 Views)

Update On Awka Flyovers, Anambra State / Obiano Commissions Aroma And Amawbia Flyovers In Anambra State. / Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Valto(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2014
Work began on the sites of three flyover projects in Awka, the Anambra State capital, as promised earlier by Governor Willie Obiano to mark his 100 days in office.

Jubilation erupted in the Anambra State capital when one of the landmarks at Aroma junction/round-about, the tower of light that adorned Awka was brought down on Saturday amidst joy signifying the readiness of the construction company to begin work.

As at Monday, the company worked round the clock to clear the debris and had also began excavation of the roundabout with earth-moving equipment, articulated trucks, excavators and loaders of the construction company.

Thousands of residents of Awka gathered at the junction and were excited to observe the new landscape of the state capital as soon as the earthmovers started burrowing the designated areas for piling and proceeded to bring down the tower.

It would be recalled that as part of the activities lined up to commemorate his first 100 days in office, Obiano, had flagged off the construction of three flyovers in Awka and neighbouring Amawbia town aimed at ensuring a free-flow of traffic and easy diversion into the main city of Awka.

He assured then that all the roads to be constructed by his administration would be complemented with street lights to change the landscape of the state capital.

Obiano stated during the flag-off event that, “what is being done today is in fulfilment of our promise that we will transform Awka into a befitting state capital and we will not relent in achieving this.

“All we are asking for is the cooperation of everybody, as we will not hesitate to deal with anybody who foments trouble in the state.”

The governor stressed further: “I will not renege on my promise to pay the contractors on time. As for the shopping mall, I have paid them completely and we do not owe them a dime. The mall is expected to be ready in nine months-time while we expect the completion of the flyovers in one year.

Www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/anambra-begins-work-n5-6b-flyovers-awka/

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Obiano at work!!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by omenka(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2014
It takes VERY little to excite and impress the Nigerian electorates but instead of these men doing that little thing, they prefer to sit back and steal and squander money like it is going out of fashion!!!

Nice job Obiano. cool
More grease to your elbow.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by levelszik(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2014
gov gaba niru,ogadiri gi nma. cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by shizzle11(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Good news!

Every morning I wake up and first thing I see, obiano dis, obiano dat, it is either this or that project all over anambra, all round development all over my dear state.

Akpokuo dike, ya za, carry on! we are seeing you and we stand solidly behind you gidigbam like an unshakeable iroko. Nothing do you.

I hope some good for nothing people from the accursed region don't come and infiltrate this thread with their usual madness

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: It takes VERY little to excite and impress the Nigerian electorates but instead of these men doing that little thing, they prefer to sit back and steal and squander money like it is going out of fashion!!!

Nice job Obiano. cool
More grease to your elbow.
Kindly share with us the VERY great things that excite you about your party, the APC

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2014
If obaino Shiite or sneeze now, dem go create thread for it and the moderators go swiftly move am to the front page!

Meanwhile nothing dey happen for Anambra! The state is in total disrepair! Ndi Ara!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by omenka(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Kindly share with us the VERY great things that excite you about your party, the APC
Why don't you stop stalking me Can't you see I've been ignoring you??

What part of my post did you see me mention APC or PDP or APGA I was refering to Nigerian electorates across board regardless of the parties they support. It takes very little to impress them be you a governor from any party at all. Give them 12hrs constant electricity supply and they would sing your praises to eternity. Give them moderately good roads and they wld do same. Same goes to water supply, general environmental sanity, and other basic necessities of life!! Nigerans arnt asking their govt to put men on the moon before they praise them!! That is what I'm saying!

I believe you understand now since I've broken it down to your level.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by smallJagaban: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2014
FLYOVERS IS PLENTY IN LAGOS. SOUTH BEASTERNERS ARE SO GULLIBLE ...
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by HappyJoe: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Let us see how Obiano will deliver on these flyovers.

One wonders why Peter Obi had 8 years, yet refused to do something as basic as this (Anambra has a N140 billion budget). Maybe it is due to the fact that Obi had issues with Awka people.
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: If obaino Shiite or sneeze now, dem go create thread for it and the moderators go swiftly move am to the front page!

Meanwhile nothing dey happen for Anambra! The state is in total disrepair! Ndi Ara!
wetin this one dey talk? ? undecided undecided

Nobody's stopping you from creating a thread when your own governor farts.....

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2014
Good work OBIANO!!!! We're strongly behind you....may God continue to direct you...

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by collynzo2(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2014
smallJagaban: FLYOVERS IS PLENTY IN LAGOS. SOUTH BEASTERNERS ARE SO GULLIBLE ...

Lagos remains No man's land.
Tell us how many you have in Oshogbo

23 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2014
this obiano praises reminds me of rochas in 2012. I know very well what its all about.
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by smallJagaban: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2014
collynzo2:
Lagos remains No man's land.
Tell us how many you have in Oshogbo

ACCORDING TO Igbos.

IF LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND WHY DID FASHOLA DEPORT YOUR PEOPLE ?

TELL ALL YOUR BEASTERNERS TO MOVE DOWN TO LAGOS SO THAT THEY CAN SEE HOW FLYOVER LOOK LIKE

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by HappyJoe: 10:54am On Aug 13, 2014
smallJagaban:
ACCORDING TO Igbos.
TELL ALL YOUR BEASTERNERS TO MOVE DOWN TO LAGOS SO THAT THEY CAN SEE HOW FLYOVER LOOK LIKE

You should have asked for the number of flyovers in Ibadan.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by smallJagaban: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2014
HappyJoe:

You should have asked for the number of flyovers in Ibadan.

WHO IS THIS? YOU CAN ASK ON MY BEHALF

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2014
shizzle11: Akpokuo dike, ya za, carry on! we are seeing you and we stand solidly behind you gidigbam like an unshakeable iroko. Nothing do you.

I hope some good for nothing people from the accursed region don't come and infiltrate this thread with their usual madness
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by mrjangaweed: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2014
smallJagaban:

ACCORDING TO Igbos.

Tribal soldier abeg easy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Valto(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: If obaino Shiite or sneeze now, dem go create thread for it and the moderators go swiftly move am to the front page!

ngwere ekwensu your bad belle will consume u soon.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by bestman09(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
ANAMBRA adigo mma

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Gucciboss: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thousands indeed
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
__
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Tosin7(f): 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
Okay
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Valto(m): 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
BadBoy25: africans are a bunch of illiterates , why are you guys building overpass and airport everywhere? what a bunch of ignorant animals !
instead of building organized housing and roads ,these morons are planing to build meaningless structures. what a bunch of stupid idiiots.

below is a small city sketch .rows of apartment buildings line the streets with sidewalks and retail shops . and a bus or streetcar runs across the street. what's the point of a fvcking overpass or monorail in such small towns? illiterates!
what is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nigerians celebrating mediocrities since eon sad
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by reborn1: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
Rejoicing over fly over while the populace are suffering. Here is the pics of Anambra below:

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
___

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by rozayx5(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
shizzle11: Good news!

Every morning I wake up and first thing I see, obiano dis, obiano dat, it is either this or that project all over anambra, all round development all over my dear state.

Akpokuo dike, ya za, carry on! we are seeing you and we stand solidly behind you gidigbam like an unshakeable iroko. Nothing do you.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2014

let them post pictures of the phantom flyover-the-bar. Anambla AdiGoal MmaD grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin
Re: Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. by oluwasegunfummi: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good one from anambra, I hope the bridge will not collapse like that of gov. ajimobi of oyo state and I also hope the bridge won't be substandard like that of gov. Amosu ibikunle of ogun state, once again its a good one.........eko ooni baje ooooo grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Part Of Buhari's Legacy Still Standing The Test Of Time (pictures) / Picture Of Dead Nigerian Soldiers Dumped Inside The Bus / Buhari Is A Liar: Here Is What Ojukwu Said In 2004 About Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.