Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) (5946 Views)

Elder Stateman Ayo Adebanjo On GEJ And BUHARI Candidacy Live On AIT Now! / Would Buhari’s Candidacy Be Disqualified Based On His INEC Application? / For The Supporters Of Buhari Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: His first post was long and so off-point. He talked about Buhari's northern popularity which is not the subject here and all other off posts

What about the second one. That was a classic. That suggests a man who perfectly understands the technicalities of the present day Nigerian psych during elections
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

Then u are the problem not Buhari having chosen to feast on unbalanced write up u read. U need to sieve them all. Ur fears are unfounded in a democratic setting.
Was Rawlings not a military man in Ghana that had terrible human right records, today he is worshipped by his country men. Show me one military regime with good human right record. Even at that, it's not sufficient enough to judge him with it in a democratic setting. If he doesn't believe in democracy, he won't go to the courts whenever he feels robbed in the polls.
Has Jerry Rawlings been reelected a civilian president? Need I remind you that Buhari refused to attend Council of State meeting between 2003 and 2007 because he felt that Obj rigged the 2003 election even when the court affirmed(rightly or wrongly) Obj's victory. He doesn't really believe in the Court.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Faun(m): 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: in 2007 PDP fielded Muslim Umaru Yaradua. he'd have been fielded again were it not for his death. Religion politics won't work

In 1999, PDP fielded Christian Yoruba Southerner, Obasanjo.
In 2007, PDP fielded Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerner Yar'Adua.
Can you compare that with the APC that has CONSISTENTLY fielded ONLY Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners?
Of all their 4 candidates from 2003, ZERO has been a non-Hausa-Fulani.
Even with the merger, these people still can't hide their superiority complex.
Anyway, I've already made my decision. The only things they shall rule in 2015 are their cattle.

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: What is your point? How does this post relate to issues raised?

He is basically telling u that the bulk of Nigerian electorates don't think the way u do. Nigerians before now have been given better choices in terms of "holy" men but they rebuffed such.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Faun:

In 1999, PDP fielded Christian Yoruba Southerner, Obasanjo.
In 2007, PDP fielded Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerner Yar'Adua.
Can you compare that with the APC that has CONSISTENTLY fielded ONLY Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners?
Of all their 4 candidates from 2003, ZERO has been a non-Hausa-Fulani.
Even with the merger, these people still can't hide their superiority complex.
Anyway, I've already made my decision. The only things they shall rule in 2015 are their cattle.
In 1999 AD/APP fielded Chief Olu Falae, a Yoruba Southerner. In 2007, PDP fielded Obj they asked Atiku(Muslim Northerner) not to seek for the ticket and OBJ subsequently won the Primaries. PDP has zoning formula(Internal affair) and they were the party in power.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

He is basically telling u that the bulk of Nigerian electorates don't think the way u do. Nigerians before now have been given better choices in terms of "holy" men but they rebuffed such.
APC is an Institution that can use its goodwill to garner votes for its candidate. It shouldn't be a Buhari Vs PDP. If APC is all about Buhari's Ambition then it is not worth to be taken serious. The APC has working Governors and leaders that has the Potential to garner votes if well marketed.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Has Jerry Rawlings been reelected a civilian president? Need I remind you that Buhari refused to attend Council of State meeting between 2003 and 2007 because he felt that Obj rigged the 2003 election even when the court affirmed(rightly or wrongly) Obj's victory. He doesn't really believe in the Court.

He doesn't believe and yet he keeps on going. That doesn't make sense. Obj of recent didn't attend Council meetings, does that suggest also that he doesn't believe in the system?
The message about rawlings is simple. Even as a military man, he still made his people happy. Nigerians aren't asking more. Pick up Wikipedia and check rawlings history.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: APC is an Institution that can use its goodwill to garner votes for its candidate. It shouldn't be a Buhari Vs PDP. If APC is all about Buhari's Ambition then it is not worth to be taken serious. The APC has working Governors and leaders that has the Potential to garner votes if well marketed.

Chief, u are talking as if we aren't in this same country together. Goodwill of who and who? The same Nigerian electorates? Do u think those out there think the way u do? Apc isn't about Buhari's ambition instead if apc through democratic means wants buhari to take the ticket so be it. Nothing on ground currently suggests that all others will step down for him so why ur fears? Such have no basis.
Combine all the working Governors together, they all still don't have the goodwill ( voting power) the General possesses and that's a fact based on antecedents.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Bros, Honestly I don't trust Buhari. I have tried to convince myself to no avail. If what I have read is to go by, Buhari will not take criticism lightly and the Press won't be spared(including social network). He will kick out corruption but His Human Right record is nothing to go by.
You actually believe an INDIVIDUAL can kick out corruption in Nigeria? Bros, you'r sitting on a long long thing.

You guys in APC are more naive than I thought. Or is this just pure mischief?

If it was possible for a president/head of state to single handedly kick out corruption in Nigeria, why hasn't that happened since 1960 till date? Was Nigeria created yesterday? Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?

You just hope that by simply changing the nations leadership that by a stroke of luck a messiah will emerge that will clean up the entire mess in the country? If simply changing leadership hasn't worked since 1960 till date, what makes you think it will work now? Is it not a FOOL that keeps doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result?

My guy, the SOLUTION to the problems in Nigeria lie in making necessary STRUCTURAL CHANGES and building STRONG INSTITUTIONS.

Unfortunately, the elites from the far north, who ruled this country for the most part of her history, have stood as stumbling block to much needed STRUCTURAL CHANGES needed for accelerated PROGRESS and DEVELOPMENT in Nigeria.

You guys in APC should not insult our intelligence with your gibberish

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by shizzle11(m): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
The op is very correct and his reasons are very apt! I agree 100%

Buhari will never be president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ barcanista

How does being an Head of State negate his knowledge
of the coup? Obasanjo took over power in 1976 and
handed back to Civilian in 1979.

you need to read about the coup. Obj took power from a military government, there was a transition plan before obj, remember he was deputy.

Buhari Instituted decree 4. Pls check the record. Buhari
never hid his dislike for Freedom of the Press. Ask a
Journalist

military law vs civil law, miles apart.

Is that a justification that Abacha did not loot? hmmmm
I see

i wasn't justifying anything, like i said buhari can't be right on everything. Btw there is no court judgement on abachas case yet.

How does that answer the question on Buhari? Please
leave Shekarau out of this and lets face Buhari

your question talked about Buhari and Shekarau and i pointed out that Shekarau has done it again, same for Bafarawa. Was it buhari that made them leave this time?

How old was McCain in 2008 when he contested against
Young Obama? Did his age play a role? FIND OUT

To my knowledge, age didn't. Have you heard Americans talk about his age? How old was Mandela, how old is the guy that just left india?

And Who laid the Foundation for Rotimi Amaechi? Odili
(lol) or Who laid the Foundation for Aregbesola? Is it
Oyinlola? How did that justify Buhari?

The centre is a different game entirety. Why can't gej jail the so called sponsors of terror, you need balls at the centre.

Sorry you didn't tackle the point here .

i. Did but you didn't see. [/color]

Change corruption at the expense of freedom and Human
right? NO WAY

[b] so long as you don't break the law.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
You actually believe an INDIVIDUAL can kick out corruption in Nigeria? Bros, you'r sitting on a long long thing.

If it was possible for a president/head of state to single handedly kick out corruption in Nigeria, why hasn't that happened since 1960 till date? Was Nigeria created yesterday? Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?

My guy, the SOLUTION to the problems in Nigeria lie in making necessary STRUCTURAL CHANGES and building STRONG INSTITUTIONS.

Unfortunately, the elites from the far north, who ruled this country for the most part of her history, have stood as stumbling block to much needed STRUCTURAL CHANGES needed for accelerated PROGRESS and DEVELOPMENT in Nigeria.

Insincerefool has come in and added it's own ethnic coloration. So the northern elites don't have southern accomplices right?
Are u aware that we have far greater number of accomplices to core culprits.
What Nigeria needs is a strong incorruptible leader that leads by example who will have the confidence and fearlessness to build these structures u are talking about in a democratic setting. Ur master, Jonathan can never achieve this. He is and stands for the status quo.

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by shizzle11(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
In 2010 buhari said the 2011 elections will be the last election he will contest, now he is already exhibiting his desperation. question is, why is he desperate to become president of Nigeria? what did he forget in aso rock that he wants to go and retrieve. He is a desperado, a religious extremist and hypocrite who keeps forming one party or the other to achieve his selfish desire, an autocrat who doesn't even believe in compromise 'its either me or no one' yet some fools will prefer the 77 year old sadist to preside over the country. Never!!!

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

You just hope that by simply changing the nations leadership that by a stroke of luck a messiah will emerge that will clean up the entire mess in the country? If simply changing leadership hasn't worked since 1960 till date, what makes you think it will work now? Is it not a FOOL that keeps doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result?

abeg don't insult nigeria with your master's failure to fight corruption, which institutions is gej building with the current status of the efcc and icpc.

7 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by omenka(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
@Obiagelli, Buhari was HOS for less than a year, not two years. Seven months I think.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Djicemob: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Personally, I want the PDP out. They have exhausted their time with little or no progress. I want the APC in power but I don't just want another set of Politicians that will make one wish for the return of PDP. I believe there are credible leaders within the APC that are capable of dislodging the PDP. Consider protest votes and those that "don't just want PDP" again, they will most likely throw their weights behind the APC's candidate. The APC as a party need to get it right.
Apc,Pdp! what's the difference? Have u forgotten that the same people in Apc are aggrieved,selfish,disloyal and corrupt members from the PDP trying to get a hold of power by any means necessary? Am not deceived by the name change brother.All i want is a leader that actually knows what his doing and i don't see dat in GEJ nor GMB.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: @Obiagelli, Buhari was HOS for less than a year, not two years. Seven months I think.
December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

I for one don't believe the President alone can kick out corruption, but the President can influence kicking out corruption (just like what Obj did). It is not only corruption this time but mismanagement and waste.

Nigeria Leaders in the past were not sincere about corruption. No one is blaming Jonathan for Nigeria's Ancestral woes but there are lots of things he could have done in tackling them. He may not do all(No one expects him to) but the ones that comes to his attention should be tackled.

I agree with you. The Constitution and Political Structures need serious changes. The Constitution and Electoral act should permit for Independent candidacy rather than tie an aspirant to the Aprons of political parties for instance. unfortunately, the President hasn't thought it wise to put motion in progress for such changes....Please don't mention the Confab because it is not different from what was held in 2005.

No one is insulting your intelligence. The PDP has been in Power since 1999 and we are still revolving in a circle. Our needs of 1999 are same as today. Unfortunately, the incumbent was elected on PDP's platform so he must share from the failures of his predecessors and also himself.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by omenka(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Please, can someone tell me which tribe in this country is "Hausa-Fulani"?? I find it very disgusting when some cretins that havnt the slightest of touch formal education come in here to say trash simply because they have access to the internet!! Eg Faun!!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by omenka(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli:
December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985
Kai, the stress of work today don dey dull my memory oo. Chai!!

Thanks.. smiley

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by edogirl2: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
My No.1 priority right now is fighting corruption, and the only person I trust to genuinely pursue this goal is Mr Buhari.

God-willing, my first-ever vote in this country will go to him if he's presented.

All the talk about generational shift is nonsense. GEJ is one generation behind Buhari - how effective has he been?

If APC presents anybody else, even Fashola, I will not vote. Fashola cannot fight corruption - I know a bit about what happens in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by ShehuAba(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Well shizzle it's unfair for you to abuse the General unfairly, Can't you make your points without abuse?.
barcanista it's either you are not in Nigeria or you don't understand Nigerian politics well. It seems you've forgotten that Nigerians still vote for religious or tribal sentiments.
In contesting against the PDP, the APC really needs a candidate who already has a support base and can pull more votes with the party's hard work. You think just the APC governors can garner those votes neglecting the fact that PDP is very much on ground and has a more popular candidate in GEJ.
Have seen you clamor for kwankwaso in some quarters, well we all know there's a clear difference between the two and we all know who's more popular. The APC have experimented with Ribadu in 2011 and he performed woefully, they won't like to make same mistake this time around with a new candidate.
Unless if PDP is coming with another new candidate apart from GEJ, then APC can do same.
But as it stands now, Buhari is still the only candidate that can give GEJ a run for his money.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
edogirl2:
My No.1 priority right now is fighting corruption, and the only person I trust to genuinely pursue this goal is Mr Buhari.

God-willing, my first-ever vote in this country will go to him if he's presented.

All the talk about generational shift is nonsense. GEJ is one generation behind Buhari - how effective has he been?

If APC presents anybody else, even Fashola, I will not vote. Fashola cannot fight corruption - I know a bit about what happens in Lagos.

Word.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
edogirl2:

Gbam.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: Kai, the stress of work today don dey dull my memory oo. Chai!!

Thanks.. smiley
pele jare, it was muritala Mohammed that spent less than a year. July 30, 1975 – February 13, 1976
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by shizzle11(m): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
ShehuAba: Well shizzle it's unfair for you to abuse the General unfairly, Can't you make your points without abuse?.
barcanista it's either you are not in Nigeria or you don't understand Nigerian politics well. It seems you've forgotten that Nigerians still vote for religious or tribal sentiments.
In contesting against the PDP, the APC really needs a candidate who already has a support base and can pull more votes with the party's hard work. You think just the APC governors can garner those votes neglecting the fact that PDP is very much on ground and has a more popular candidate in GEJ.
Have seen you clamor for kwankwaso in some quarters, well we all know there's a clear difference between the two and we all know who's more popular. The APC have experimented with Ribadu in 2011 and he performed woefully, they won't like to make same mistake this time around with a new candidate.
Unless if PDP is coming with another new candidate apart from GEJ, then APC can do same.
But as it stands now, Buhari is still the only candidate that can give GEJ a run for his money.
what insult are you talking about? is be not a desperado? or is he not a sadist? does he attend NEC meetings? does he not disassociate himself from from any gathering meant to discuss issues of national importance when invited as a past military leader? I repeat he is a sadist and a hyoocrite
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

Insincerefool has come in and added it's own ethnic coloration. So the northern elites don't have southern accomplices right?
Are u aware that we have far greater number of accomplices to core culprits.
What Nigeria needs is a strong incorruptible leader that leads by example who will have the confidence and fearlessness to build these structures u are talking about in a democratic setting. Ur master, Jonathan can never achieve this. He is and stands for the status quo.
Well, you've been searching for a strong incorruptible leader since 1960. Do we have such a person in APC at the moment? I wish you luck in your futile endless search

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Maybe if Ojukwu did not start the war...Nigerian would have been a better place. Take it or leave it, that war's multiplier effects is this what is hunting the ibos in particular and the entire nation at a whole. A lot of man power and money were lost in that war. That war also shappened the leadership of this country in a way. Unfortunately u goons have refused to learn from the war and how ur warlord fled Nigeria, u still keep beating the drums of war.

As for Jonathan...rather than try to solve corruption, he has taken corruption to another level. Afterall he came on national tv and said "ordinary stealing people call it corruption" shocked you should be ashamed of your self for supporting such a clueless actor.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Faun(m): 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: Please, can someone tell me which tribe in this country is "Hausa-Fulani"?? I find it very disgusting when some cretins that havnt the slightest of touch formal education come in here to say trash simply because they have access to the internet!! Eg Faun!!

Coming from a blockhead who made this dumb comment as a result of his shocking inability to comprehend a common speech, I'm not the least bit surprised. Your mother is the cretin who didn't abort you when she had the chance.

Now, thicko, let me help you out of your misery.
Read slowly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa-Fulani

That is a term THEY have chosen to call themselves, not me. That is what they insist they are.
Now, the next time a hungry, dirty animal like you chooses to throw insults at people over the internet, just bear in your little mind, that there will always be someone who does it better.
Animal.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Cv - By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them. / How Many Missiles Does The Nigerian Military Have And How Many Tested / Lagos East By-Election: Supreme Court Affirms Abiru’s Victory, APC Hails Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.