Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) (5938 Views)

Elder Stateman Ayo Adebanjo On GEJ And BUHARI Candidacy Live On AIT Now! / Would Buhari’s Candidacy Be Disqualified Based On His INEC Application? / For The Supporters Of Buhari Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2014
[s]1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from "unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as Jailing Journalists.

3. Buhari Stand on corruption is hypocritical. The Same Buhari that Jailed Politicians for corruption is the same Buhari that publicly said "ABACHA did NOT steal" " That Abacha was supposed to be celebrated". Buhari, in 2007, described the allegations of looting against Abacha as “baseless”, because according to him, “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”. . The same Buhari that accused the ruling Party of Institutionalizing corruption.

4. Buhari is Not a democrat. He doesn't believe in democratic process nor primaries. Buhari would rather have people step down for him in the Primaries (cite 2007 when all aspirants including Sani Yerima and co were asked to step down on the day of Convention). It led to the exit of Atahiru Bafarawa where he formed the DPP and contested on its platform. Gen. Buhari quitted ANPP and formed the CPC in 2010/11. The reason was because he doesn't want to go through Primaries with a "Small Boy"(Referring to then Kano State Gov Ibrahim Shekarau that ended up flying the flag). I am certainly sure that Buhari will want to be adopted as "consensus" of APC which will SPLIT the party.

5. Buhari is OLD. Nigeria need change in Leadership. 65yrs plus should have no business in 2015 Presidential Poll. there should be paradigm shift. A 70plus years Buhari will seldom sell to the Youths.

6. General Buhari was a Military Leader in early 80s(when I wasn't even born). Times has changed. Leadership dynamics of Yesteryears is different from now. The APC should replicate what is done in Lagos State. Allow the younger generation fly ticket. A man like Buhari will most likely ban facebook and twitter because his antecedents is in conflict with criticism.

7. Buhari's WAI saw Nigerian Adults being whipped to submission. Maybe it was due to his military background but I for one can't sacrifice my freedom of choice for anything. It is of great concern that he hasn't find cause to apologise for that act. His aides even justified it.

8. The opinion is an honest one of a Nigerian Citizen. I expect APC to be different in approach from the norm to reflect the "CHANGE" that it preaches.[/s]

MODIFIED....influence by further reading!!!!!
1. From what I found out Buhari didn't participate in the coup. It shaped my opinion. IBB, Abacha, Gusau, David Mark, Onoja were the players.

2.My Opinion and disgust for Decrees 2 and 4 remains the same.

3.Buhari said the monies was found in the account of his family members and not him. Though I respect his view but don't agree with him.

4. That is common to World Leaders which is wrong. Even Jonathan wants automatic ticket. Obj made sure he got every "informal" nominations in 2003. Obama never had a rival in Democrat party in 2012, same with Bush in Republican Party, 2004.

5. Age is not a criteria for leadership but competence and vision. American had 70plus Presidents so was Mandela

6. On a second thought it makes no sense. Was driven by fear of the unknown

7. Yes, I'm against public humiliation but was common in the military. However, we still have security forces humiliate civilians without the Civilian Govt acting. Eg Soldiers givin ppl frog jump, brt buses burning etc.

8. My Sincere Opinion

NB: This i§ a true reflection of my vÍews and invalidates the first.

#Barcanista

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2014
MODIFIED....influence by further reading!!!!!
1. From what I found out Buhari didn't participate in the coup. It shaped my opinion. IBB, Abacha, Gusau, David Mark, Onoja were the players.

2.My Opinion and disgust for Decrees 2 and 4 remains the same.

3.Buhari said the monies was found in the account of his family members and not him. Though I respect his view but don't agree with him.

4. That is common to World Leaders which is wrong. Even Jonathan wants automatic ticket. Obj made sure he got every "informal" nominations in 2003. Obama never had a rival in Democrat party in 2012, same with Bush in Republican Party, 2004.

5. Age is not a criteria for leadership but competence and vision. American had 70plus Presidents so was Mandela

6. On a second thought it makes no sense. Was driven by fear of the unknown

7. Yes, I'm against public humiliation but was common in the military. However, we still have security forces humiliate civilians without the Civilian Govt acting. Eg Soldiers givin ppl frog jump, brt buses burning etc.

8. My Sincere Opinion

NB: This i§ a true reflection of my vÍews and invalidates the first.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2014
8. The opinion is an honest one of a Nigerian Citizen. I expect APC to be different in approach from the norm to reflect the "CHANGE" that it preaches.

And that is the problem. The APC is NOT in any way different from the PDP it loves to castigate ever so often.

The APC WILL produce a Muslim Northerner as their presidential candidate, and it will be their undoing in 2015.

11 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by usba: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2014
SELL to who? you? OP needs to understand politics is about aggregating various voter blocks, hence people motive for voting are very different from what many nairalander think!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2014
HNosegbe:
The APC WILL produce a Muslim Northerner as their presidential candidate, and it will be their undoing in 2015.
And who told you that the candidate that would emerge from the PDP presidential primary election wouldnt be a northern moslem also

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Miscellaneous(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
lakhadimar: And who told you that the candidate that would emerge from the PDP presidential primary election wouldnt be a northern moslem also

hey ...u hausa man abi muslim man- "born to rule"

We are no longer going to this your jamboree!

Gej till 2019. ... afterwards, ibo man fit enter then maybe itsekiri, urhobo or another ijaw b4 another ibo ..... naxo we go dey do am.

una fit bomb una borno tire e nor concern us but the day una carry am come south-south una go know say pikin wey dey cry dey see road ....abi slippers nor get size?

mtcheww………next?

10 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ GenBuhari you did not respond to anything. Just posting video link
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
If some goon is still thinking like we in the 70s....good luck to him.
Is there a country that have not had its fair share of military dictatorship??
This is the 20th century and a Democratic government. A lot of things have changed.

As a matter of fact we have a commando as a president presently in a Democratic government... Or didnt he order the clamp down on newspapers by the military, closure of airports cos of opposition, arrest and detainment of opposition, unlawful use of military for intimidation... Amongst others.

This OP is a big time hypocrite.....NEXT!

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69: If some goon is still thinking like we in the 70s....good luck to him.
Is there a country that have not had ots fair share of military dictatorship??
This is the 20th century and a Democratic government. A lot of things have changed.

As a matter of fact we have a commando as a president presently in a Democratic government... Or didnt he order the clamp down newspapers by the military, closure of airports cos of opposition, arrest and detainment of opposition, unlawful use of military for intimidation... Amongst others.

God bless you for this beautiful post!!

Sai Buhari 2015!

cool cool

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
HNosegbe:

And that is the problem. The APC is NOT in any way different from the PDP it loves to castigate ever so often.

pls bro I don't care whether a candidate is xtian or muslim. Neither whether he's igbo hausa or Ijaw. As long as he isn't an extremist nor fanatic/bigot I'm fine.

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
The weapon in PDP hand against this man will be to assassinate his character.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
MzJackBaueress: God bless you for this beautiful post!!

Sai Buhari 2015!

cool cool

Nne u are welcome. Be like ur other moniker don commit again
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69:

Nne u are welcome. Be like ur other moniker don commit again
Lolz! Se.un, haunting my moniker since 1774!

grin grin
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: The weapon in PDP hand against this man will be to assassinate his character.
MzJackBaueress: God bless you for this beautiful post!!
Sai Buhari 2015!
cool cool
koboko69: If some goon is still thinking like we in the 70s....good luck to him.
As a matter of fact we have a commando as a president presently in a Democratic government... Or didnt he order the clamp down on newspapers by the military, closure of airports cos of opposition, arrest and detainment of opposition, unlawful use of military for intimidation... Amongst others.
You all surprise me. the same set of people that criticize Jonathan's/PDP's supporters? Wouldn't it have been better for you'all to counter the point raised rather than ascribing my own opinion to PDP that I usually criticize?Crazy!!!!
Who is the Hypocrite here?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Lolz! Se.un, haunting my moniker since 1774!

grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: You all surprise me. the same set of people that criticize Jonathan's/PDP's supporters? Wouldn't it have been better for you'all to counter the point raised rather than ascribing my own opinion to PDP that I usually criticize?Crazy!!!!
Who is the Hypocrite here?

I already answered you. There is nothing to counter in 1972 garbage. This is 2014....

That the united States and other whites sold blacks as slaves....and used blacks to develop thier countries have not stopped black men from from visiting and living in a whites man's land... Why? Cos its the past....and such attrocities have been outgrown. Thank you

11 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69:

I already answered you. There is nothing to counter in 1972 garbage. This is 2014....

That the united States and other whites sold blacks as slaves....and used blacks to develop thier countries have not stopped black men from from visiting and living in a whites man's land... Why? Cos its the past....and such attrocities have been outgrown. Thank you
And you still don't buy to generational shift? Are you not the same person that criticized Omisore's Candidacy for allegedly killing Bola Ige? Why did you? Double Standard?

BTW: Your defense didn't add up.

14 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69:

very correct! There is absolutely nothing to counter. This isn't the first thread criticizing and condemning Buhari. So there's nothing to counter or discuss.

EOD!!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: 1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

Wrong, Buhari didn't stage the coup, he was HOS for 2yrs, his back 2 democracy plans can't be assessed properly.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He
Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from
"unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as
Jailing Journalists.

military decree brother, military.

Question 3?

i can't tell, besides we only hear of loot returned but nothing substantial to show.
Btw buhari can't be right on everything

Question 4?

Shekarau has done it again and he is now minister under the same gej he used to critize.

Question 5?

John mc Cain is 77yrs old so many other examples out there

Question 6?

A certain tinubu was there to lay a decent foundation for fashola. Nigeria is a big mess no time for learners, ask gej.

Question 7?

Same people that were whipped under military law would have gotten harder punishment from a civil court. indiscipline is a recipes for disaster. That is the story of Nigeria today, crimes we will not commit outside nigeria, we do them freely here.

Question 8

Corruption and bad economic policy is the norm and that is what buhari will change.

12 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: pls bro I don't care whether a candidate is xtian or muslim. Neither whether he's igbo hausa or Ijaw. As long as he isn't an extremist nor fanatic/bigot I'm fine.

That makes you a minority in the ranks of the APC. Unfortunate truth.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
MzJackBaueress: very correct! There is absolutely nothing to counter. This isn't the first thread criticizing and condemning Buhari. So there's nothing to counter.

EOD!!
Berem you are being so fanatical about this Buhari thing. No Objectivity whatsoever... You haven't said anything meaningful here but tactically trying to derail and shout "Sai buhari".

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
HNosegbe:

That makes you a minority in the ranks of the APC. Unfortunate truth.
I will rather prefer your opinion on the Original Post rather than comment on religion/tribe.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: And you still don't buy to generational shift? Are you not the same person that criticized Omisore's Candidacy for allegedly killing Bola Ige? Why did you? Double Standard?

Yes...muderer is what omisore is.it is a pity he got away with it in this 20th century.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: you are being so fanatical about this Buhari thing. No Objectivity whatsoever... You haven't said anything meaningful here but tactically trying to derail and shout "Sai buhari".
what is it I want to say that hasn't been said before? What is it you wanna hear about countering your opinion that hasn't been discussed on this forum? sad
Just tell me!
If I am fanatical about Buhari, so be it! you can say the same to those who keep screaming "GEJ till 2019" to high heavens. cheesy

Sai Buhari 2015! cool

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ op,

Having considered all ur points though I don't necessarily agree with most of it, I would have written an epistle to counter each but honestly don't have the time. Feel free to check my old posts about this if interested. I still believe that the General is miles better than the current incompetent fool in charge.

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem: @ op,

Having considered all ur points though I don't necessarily agree with most of it, I still believe that the General is miles better than the current incompetent fool in charge.
Nowhere in my post did I compare the General and the Incumbent. Please can you tell me in What areas? Which of the Points that you don't agree with? And also, is the General the ONLY potential candidate that is available in APC? Don't you think it is the role of the opposition to pass thru democratic process and present a Candidate with proven antecedent in order to defeat an incumbent and effect the change that we all seek?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
MzJackBaueress: what is it I want to say that hasn't been said before? What is it you wanna hear about countering your opinion that hasn't been discussed on this forum? sad
Just tell me!
If I am fanatical about Buhari, so be it! you can say the same to those who keep screaming "GEJ till 2019" to high heavens. cheesy

Sai Buhari 2015! cool

He doesn't understand that Buhari's matter has been over flogged on this forum, and its really stale and boring now. Not until someone brings something new....

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2014

I just decided to ignore the thread!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: I will rather prefer your opinion on the Original Post rather than comment on religion/tribe.

I understand you and agree with most of what you said. I was only considering the reality on the ground, which is that APC has not distinguished itself as a party such that it would consider MERIT above ethnic/religious considerations, as you have urged them to. I'd prefer that the party elect a candidate based on programmes, policies and track record - but I'm pessimistic about that happening.

PS: Buhari didn't STAGE the 1983 coup.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
MzJackBaueress: what is it I want to say that hasn't been said before? What is it you wanna hear about countering your opinion that hasn't been discussed on this forum? sad
Just tell me!

Sai Buhari 2015! cool
k
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: And you still don't buy to generational shift? Are you not the same person that criticized Omisore's Candidacy for allegedly killing Bola Ige? Why did you? Double Standard?

What do u mean by generational shift? We are asking for the most competent thart have the potential and clout to bring in the necessary millions of votes to defeat the killer party u are talking about generational shift. What gives u the assurance that that generation u are seeking for will give u the results?
Do u want me to list out the various useless people who ought to be in that generation that have either sold their conscience or disappoint themselves?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Cv - By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them. / Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians / Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.