Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,281 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62577 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2014
#Ebola is real. Get access to over 83 million phone numbers of Nigerians for awareness and proper sensitization. Let's fight this disease together! Call 2347068389181 to get yours now.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by yomexp(m): 9:19am On Aug 14, 2014
theoctopus:

Before you continue your politics, just know that the quarantine center is run by the LASG not FG.
you must be definitely out of your mind for spewing this gebrish.
so if the LASG runs an ebola containment centre, how does that negates or cause the federal government to abdicates its responsibility of quarantining a citizen infected with a viral disease from running amok?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2014
duni04:
Bros these things are not stringent. Ebola itself as a disease has not been fully understood. Its exact mode of transmission and life cycle are still understudy. To say its mode of transmission is difficult sounds naive as ebola is about the easiest disease to transfer to someone else. You get ebola not just by contact with a carrier, but also contact with things a carrier has already touched. People are mistaking the body fluids contact to mean contact with blood, it way easier than that.

Yes the study of the virus is still evolving, but based on what is known, a carrier of the virus is not contagious. Those with the virus become contagious only when they start showing symptoms. That is the reason this virus is regarded as not so smart virus. It gives people an opportunity to evade it. If the virus is transmitted via a carrier, the fatality in Africa would have been far greater than what we have now.

Also, you don't get ebola by mere "contact". You need to be specific about the contact. You get ebola, when the fluid (sweat, blood, urine, tear, sperm, vagina discharges) of a symptomatic person comes in contact with your mucus membrane, including open wound, mouth, eyes, nostrils. The key to reducing spread, therefore, is improving hygiene, such as washing your hands thoroughly before you put it in your mouth, rub your eyes or nostrils and applying universal precaution when in contact with infected individuals.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Slimchase(m): 9:25am On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=5252World]#Ebola is real. Get access to over 83 million phone numbers of Nigerians for awareness and proper sensitization. Let's fight this disease together! Call 2347068389181 to get yours now.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by yomexp(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.
self deceit!
have you checked the first casualy to ebola? guess what, she's an ibo lady and she could has well be the person that evaded quarantine before finally showing symptoms and her eventual death.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by aceman(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2014
steveyen:

Guy u need 2 start thinking the right way!!! Then who should will blame? You? The govt are always in the habit of treating every aspect of our life like it's a child's play and that have clearly reflected in this serious n epidemic-prone case like d dis ebola.

When cities as far away as Hong-kong have already developed way 2 combat the disease if it ever happen but we with th disease are as clueless as ever and some1 is evading quarantine right under their nose. And u said we shouldnt blame d govt. pple like u re already showing ur zero leadership quality.

100% leadership ability ... but not a single contribution to solving the problem
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kc007(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2014
This nurse in question is a typical Patrick Sawyer. What are their missions knowing the imminent danger they're carrying along as they escape quarantine?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by RALPHOW(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2014
This Nurse is a murderer and thoroughly evil. She's no better than Patrick Sawyer. Now she has put other lives at risk. I recommend that the Police and Army be stationed on standby so that anyone that flouts medical advise and attempts to escape quarantine be immediately shot. It's worth it. Desperate situations require desperate measures. African's don't like to obey instructions and at this rate, its difficult to see how this Ebola can be contained given its multiplier mode of spread. What did she travel to Enugu for? And to think she entered the same buses with other unwary passengers makes it all the more frightening. How can the FG trace all those passengers? Fooool!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Maser: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2014
This Nurse is a murderer and thoroughly evil. She's no better than Patrick Sawyer. Now she has put other lives at risk. I recommend that the Police and Army be stationed on standby so that anyone that flouts medical advise and attempts to escape quarantine be immediately shot. It's worth it. Desperate situations require desperate measures. African's don't like to obey instructions and at this rate, its difficult to see how this Ebola can be contained given its multiplier mode of spread. What did she travel to Enugu for? And to think she entered the same buses with other unwary passengers makes it all the more frightening. How can the FG trace all those passengers? Fooool!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by DECOtech(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: Lol! wait o...Why am i even laughing?
You must be excited over the news of getting ebola.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2014
RALPHOW: This Nurse is a murderer and thoroughly evil. She's no better than Patrick Sawyer. Now she has put other lives at risk. [b]I recommend that the Police and Army be stationed on standby [/b]so that anyone that flouts medical advise and attempts to escape quarantine be immediately shot. It's worth it. Desperate situations require desperate measures. African's don't like to obey instructions and at this rate, its difficult to see how this Ebola can be contained given its multiplier mode of spread. What did she travel to Enugu for? And to think she entered the same buses with other unwary passengers makes it all the more frightening. How can the FG trace all those passengers? Fooool!

The wouldnt do that, its not election. They keep doing anyhow cos they arent affected directly. Why aren't all schools being shutdown? ohh, their children don't school here. Why arent the borders closed? Why aren't flights from neighboring countries stopped? GEJ called sawyer a crazy man, but he is the craziest. If he had done what he supposed to do, sawyer wouldnt be here in the first place. The nurse wouldnt have left the hospital is she was under check by security agencies in Hamzaf suits. Bleep them all. The citizens are the ones suffering these the most and they aint doing nothing about it
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by lezz(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
what a useless country.. the minister should resign and all those who are supposea
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by cyzzy: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
What does quarantine mean for christ sake that FG will allow a suspected Ebola carrier travel under their very noses. I am so disapointed with these guys! As if they have not learnt their lesson from the Sawyer onslaught.

May God have mercy on us all.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by lezz(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.
yes she had tested positive to it. And its after 21 days we could know if she'd contaminated any one.

She's an embarrassment to the nursing profession too . She ought to have known better.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by johnahmed: 11:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.Forupgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 11:55am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2014
Why blame the government for everything...
Iriruaga100: This is gross incompetence by the government. They should have kept them in one big camp for 30 days without going home. You quarantine somebody nd allowed him to go home to infect others.....this govt is more stupid than the man who brought it to nigeria.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
MosquitoREBIRTH: Why blame the government for everything...

Who should we blame? Senegal is one of the closest country to Guinea, why didn't they experience the outbreak? cos they did their home work, that can't happen here. Liberia experienced the most causalities cos their health care system is one of the worst and thats what brough Sawyer down to nigeria. If flights to those countries had been cancelled, he wouldn't get to Nigeria and no ebola incident would have occurred.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Giannakopoulos(f): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
aceman:

The report said that she evaded quarantine. We don't need to blame the FG as a habit, even when facts show that they are making a very good effort . If you must play the blame game, you MAY blame the nurse, but she is only human and irrational like many.

Playing the blame game won't solve this problem . All the "likes" you got for your statement doesn't solve the problem too
@ work now,I will carefully look into your case when I'm free.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
bablononi: people are raining curses on sawyer who didn't even know he had the virus. what can u say about a nurse in your country?smh
He did not know?
Yet he was avoiding contact with people at the airport in Liberia
He was advised not to travel
Are you the PR person for him?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by henrimoto(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
chukwuma101: Lol. I laugh at our govt. Even when utmost seriousness is needed and you think they won't flop, they will surprise you. If it wasn't our fault that Sawyer came into Nigeria, whose fault was it that the nurse travelled to Enugu? Knowing the severity of this disease, could they not have attached security to her or quarantined her. Its unfortunate.
hmnn!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Expsbterror(m): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
I personally think there more to Ebola than just a killer virus. Asides all the listed symptoms of d virus I have spotted d most dangerous symptom ie THE DEFYING OF MEDICAL ADVICE TO CONTAIN ITSELF. That is d worst ssympto ever; Patrick Swayer exhibited it and now the nurse has also done that.....thus spreading it into Nigeria and now Enugu state..
If u ask me. I think the virus is trying to spread itself
Iuam, I Wld tell you this is more than a virus... Its a Plague.

God help us all.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
MosquitoREBIRTH: Why blame the government for everything...

Please let us be realistic
Anybody directly affected will blame the government and rightly so
Security is lax at Nigerian ports and airport because of corruption
Only favoured people get those postings
They will overlook anything so long as you can pay
They will carry Ebola patients on their heads if given enough money
But when you see the stern looks of the securitymen, you would think they are serious and patriotic

Let me ask you today
How many people got Driver Licence through the official channel
international Licence? New number plate
A corruption run on corruption or using corruption to fight political enemies will never get the basics right
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by mbulela: 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
5252World: #Ebola is real. Get access to over 83 million phone numbers of Nigerians for awareness and proper sensitization. Let's fight this disease together! Call 2347068389181 to get yours now.
Must you cash in on all tragedies?
Is there no limits in your business model?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
oyb: The nurse jumped quarantine to go to a wedding. She could have started manifesting symptoms at any time.

She was not quarantined.
Quarantine is like detention
She was under surveillance - just monitoring their temperature

Can you imagine imagine if the doctor who died was as irresponsible as this stoopid biatch.
Doctors have better training than nurses. Some nurses are not graduates
If Ebola is presented as a near death sentence, people will do EVERYTHING to jump observation or surveillance
For them, it is better to try ANYTHING (laying of hands, invoking of spirits, fasting and prayer) than to just lie there waiting for the Virus to do its worst
BTW - People have knowingly infected others with HIV in this country or at least knowingly having unprotected intimacy while not disclosing their positive status
"why should I die alone? Am I the only sinner?
Not accusing this lady though. Just explaining

If ebola goes out of control here, Liberia will look like child's play.
Every job comes with its risks. The risk of contracting dangerous diseases is one of them. This woman should be sacked.
Liberia has 4m people
Lagos 19million (about Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone)

We goofed on this one. China had SARS and took very drastic action
We continued in our typical tradition after Ebola arrived in West Africa
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by bablononi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
BetaThings:
He did not know?
Yet he was avoiding contact with people at the airport in Liberia
He was advised not to travel
Are you the PR person for him?
does it really matter to u if I am?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
SirShymex:

Don't worry, even if everyone were to be injected with Ebola, a lot of people won't contract it. Just like HIV, there are people with certain antibodies in their immune system that Ebola won't be able to affect. That's the beauty of humanity. grin

Anyway, I think Ebola has a sister virus called, "Marburg virus" and I believe scientists already asserted that there's science for the cure, or something to repress it. Everything is just going through the testing stage, and so far, they've recorded about 90% success rate in primates.
If you inject 100m people, maybe 40million will not contract. That is a lot
But the 60million that do get it might be a lot more
(Note: I know the fatality rate not the infection)

There are clearly some people who don't contract HIV after exposure to it
Bit they are less than half
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=8pt]

All the Ebola hyteria is being whipped up by America to test experimental vaccines on Nigerians.

There are news reports that locals in the area of so-called Ebola hotspots in West Africa are accusing the European/American run Ebola medical centres of bringing and spreading Ebola- that is very telling!

So the Spanish priest did not die afterall
What is the infection rate of rabies and influenza and the recovery rate?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by mbulela: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
BetaThings:
She was not quarantined.
Quarantine is like detention
She was under surveillance - just monitoring their temperature

So the govt officials talking in the media,do not even know the difference between the two?
Or they are just trying to spin things as they go along?
This,I think is the crux of the matter.

Take it this to the bank; not all primary contacts of Sawyer have been traced. Ineptitude cannot be quarantined. It shows up in every facet of our sour,dull govt.
How and why do we expect Ebola management to be any different?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
theoctopus:

Dont spread false information. The virus can only be transmitted when the infected person has fully started showing symptons. The virus is dangerous because there is no cure yet, but its mode of transmission makes it a bit difficult to transfer. The biggest problem in its spread is ignorance and irresponsibilty on the part of the carrier
Don't be so sure
There are many things we don't know a lot about Ebola
If somebody whose Ebola state is the incubation period sneezes are we sure there is no virus in the droplets?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
theoctopus:

Before you continue your politics, just know that the quarantine center is run by the LASG not FG.
Yet Minister approved that the corpse of Sawyer be taken by to Liberia but for the intervention of CDC
How long did it take the minister to come back home after Ebola was reported in Nigeria
And Labaran Maku was saying a few weeks ago that we are ready
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Listen I am not saying that Ebola definitely does not exist, it may exist or not, what I am saying that what does not exist is the Ebola epidemic.

It is the epidemic that is the hoax for sure!

The Ebola epidemic is the propaganda.

It is on record that Ebola is less deadly than Rabies.

Ebola is said to be between 60% death rate as opposed to Rabies 100% death rate

BetaThings:

So the Spanish priest did not die afterall
What is the infection rate of rabies and influenza and the recovery rate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex / Harmattan In February: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.