Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62595 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Deepfreezer(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
sandijey:

Creating awareness is different from causing panic. Panic is what i see everywhere. People carrying false info and nairaland putting it on front page. It's just wrong. It has died down now. As at last week it was as if the world will come to an end. At times like this it is wrong to pass unconfirmed informations. That is what I mean. Considering how fast false news fly wiv this age of technology. Everybody is just talking their own. Nobody is sure again.

Anyway I don't expect anything less. For now aids and the others u mentioned seems less deadlier than ebola. Bottom line, people should stop spreading false news.
tell him please. in as much as its good to create awarrness and educate people on preventive measures about da disease. I hate da fact that some people create unecessary PANIC amongst us.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
sandijey:

Creating awareness is different from causing panic. Panic is what i see everywhere. People carrying false info and nairaland putting it on front page. It's just wrong. It has died down now. As at last week it was as if the world will come to an end. At times like this it is wrong to pass unconfirmed informations. That is what I mean. Considering how fast false news fly wiv this age of technology. Everybody is just talking their own. Nobody is sure again.

Anyway I don't expect anything less. For now aids and the others u mentioned seems less deadlier than ebola. Bottom line, people should stop spreading false news.

I kinda agree with you. But the line is so difficult to cross.....and more so in a country like Nigeria where the Govt is more likely to lie.
Wondering which is worse....false information or misinformation.
The Govt claiming to have put everything in place to checkmate it while primary contacts are there roaming around. All it takes is for 1 of these so called primary to be diagnosed with the virus and boom.....all the other 'secondary' automatically becomes primary if you get my drift.
False information is dangerous at this time but the Govt always leaves room for speculation with their half truths and white faced lies

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
nagoma: They have been at the fore front of Vaccine research for HIV for 15 years now with nothing to show and now they offering us vaccine research for Ebola! How many people will remain to see that vaccine ? May the good lord protect us.Amen.

Don't worry, even if everyone were to be injected with Ebola, a lot of people won't contract it. Just like HIV, there are people with certain antibodies in their immune system that Ebola won't be able to affect. That's the beauty of humanity. grin

Anyway, I think Ebola has a sister virus called, "Marburg virus" and I believe scientists already asserted that there's science for the cure, or something to repress it. Everything is just going through the testing stage, and so far, they've recorded about 90% success rate in primates.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Idrismusty97(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by DECOtech(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
RoyalRoy:

lol .....sincerely i was half praying that Shekau has met a terrible fate when he goes to Sierra Leone to procure weapons. Hopefully he won't make it back.

Serioisly speaking, They've been quiet these days.... Lol... Sure they must be thinking this is a new weapon the Nigerian Soldiers just procured to fight them... Lol.
If one suicidal bokoharam member gets ebola, Nigeria is done.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Idrismusty97(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
DECOtech: If one suicidal bokoharam member gets ebola, Nigeria is done.
Lol! wait o...Why am i even laughing?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by ogaibe1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
What a stupid and shameless government people we have in Nigeria, keep shouting God and dont use thier senses. Why would a whole government allow someone under surveillance to travel outside their monitoring area. Is it that they dont have qualified people to monitor these people or at least quarantee and have them be watched 24 hrs. This is a shame. We are calling on God and can't use our brain. Patrick sawyer also eluded liberia government to come to nigeria, through the airport, i couldnt believe these stories, now we are all going to pay one way or the other, i wish Liberian government will be sued in international court for this incident.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
[size=28pt]

All the Ebola hyteria is being whipped up by America to test experimental vaccines on Nigerians.

By September this year they may start the vaccinations, the vaccine will then start killing more people, which they would report as further Ebola deaths and make even more panicked Nigerians rush to get the vaccine.

This message is very important!

Do not take any experimental vaccines!!

Ebola (if it exist at all) is not airborne and therefore no more contagious than hepatitis. All you need to do is continue taking your usual precautions against all contagious illness.

There are news reports that locals in the area of so-called Ebola hotspots in West Africa are accusing the European/American run Ebola medical centres of bringing and spreading Ebola- that is very telling!

They are probably already testing the vaccines in those countries on people who merely have something like malaria and who they have deliberately "diagnosed " as having Ebola. When the patient dies the call it an Ebola death.

Dont fall victim to Ebola hoax

A word is enough for the wise

Perspective:

Influenza and Rabies kill far more people every year around the world yet there is no hysteria[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvxsqcsWoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoHdX3uAYKo

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
Deepfreezer: tell him please. in as much as its good to create awarrness and educate people on preventive measures about da disease. I hate da fact that some people create unecessary PANIC amongst us.

Like the way you're throwing the word Panic around.
What's the PANIC you're even tossing around got to do with what's on ground?
I think you should read around it.
There's a disease on ground. It's live and real and it's no longer a rumor.
It's spread will not increase if given more coverage by the media. Being quiet about it won't make it go away.
Numbers are increasing daily from the nobody is infected to 1 to 2 to 7 to 9 and God knows what else is hidden and you're here talking about panic.
I'm sure the Nurse went to Enugu after reading what you typed about it not being serious.
Don't be so quick to forget that 200 people dead from a disease is far above what constitutes an epidemic which is on its own an emergency

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=1opt]
All the Ebola hyteria is being whipped up by America to test experimental vaccines on Nigerians.

By September this year they may start the vaccinations, the vaccine will then start killing more people, which they would report as further Ebola deaths and make even more panicked Nigerians rush to get the vaccine.

Ebola (if it exist at all) is not airborne and therefore no more contagious than hepatitis. All you need to do is continue taking your usual precautions against all contagious illness.

There are news reports that locals in the area of so-called Ebola hotspots in West Africa are accusing the European/American run Ebola medical centres of bringing and spreading Ebola- that is very telling!

They are probably already testing the vaccines in those countries on people who merely have something like malaria and who they have deliberately "diagnosed " as having Ebola. When the patient dies the call it an Ebola death.

Perspective:

Influenza and Rabies kill far more people every year around the world yet there is no hysteria[/size]

Sir, when are you going to change your salutation from "General" to "Field Marshal" like Field Marshal Idi Amin, the last king of Scotland?

You honestly remind me of a man named, Jacob Zuma, of the Zulu tribe...the same man who said taking a show after sex can cure HIV/AIDS.

Ebola the E-baller is real, my favourite Field Marshal.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
Deepfreezer: tell him please. in as much as its good to create awarrness and educate people on preventive measures about da disease. I hate da fact that some people create unecessary PANIC amongst us.

I stopped coming to nairaland at a time. Was becoming paranoid. I had a big fight wiv my brother and he said I should stop behaving like an illiterate. That was when I checked myself. All the diseases his quoting, did it kill people in 1 year. The ebola virus has been there since 1970s how many people has it killed. The population of those people in Liberia guinea and Sierra Leone are relatively small but don't they all go through the same routine of an average African. Don't they have transport system too where different people can come in contact wiv the virus? Are some of them not also running away to sick spiritual health. Why hasn't it killed the whole population? Stop causing panic and stop spreading unconfirmed reports. just follow this thread from the beginning to the end. Most of the comments are hear say.

According to the who. The mode of contact is not as bad as they make it sound. The mode of contact is exactly how other people have gotten affected in other countries. Someone even wrote how it is also airborne. Also lies. If it was Liberia would have been wiped out. Some people just bringing out crazy theories of how money can carry the virus. Then there would be nobody in guinea and Sierra Leone.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=28pt]

Perspective:

Hmmmm.
So does malaria and pneumonia and all the other shits. But they don't come as epidemics. They're random and sporadic.
Stick to what you know and leave the Conspiracy Theories to where it belongs....bar room talks and back room Internet chat groups.
Happened to lose a colleague to a viral hemorrhagic fever and I know it's true.
Have seen the effects of vaccines and I know they work. People have been dieng without the vaccines so I'm sure using it won't kill nore
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by AMADU77: 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
is the FG paying for quarantine ?

so every hospital will say they r quarantining 100 patient to collect money from FG !! i donno !!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by ogaibe1(m): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Why are you spreading false information?
GenBuhari: [size=28pt]

Perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvxsqcsWoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoHdX3uAYKo
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Kassidy90(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg FG should stop giving people heart attack jare...since d said nurse is just under supervision not dat she's been tested positive.... Besides one can only contact d virus from symptomatic patients....but d nurse too must b out her sense for dat foolish act...

Yeah b4 I forget
When a man is called EMMANUEL and a woman will be EMMANUELA, GABRIEL- GABRIELLA, DANIEL-DANIELLA name them. Pls tell me if a man is called EBO, what will u call a woman?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
sandijey:

I stopped coming to nairaland at a time. Was becoming paranoid. I had a big fight wiv my brother and he said I should stop behaving like an illiterate. That was when I checked myself. All the diseases his quoting, did it kill people in 1 year. The ebola virus has been there since 1970s how many people has it killed. The population of those people in Liberia guinea and Sierra Leone are relatively small but don't they all go through the same routine of an average African. Don't they have transport system too where different people can come in contact wiv the virus? Are some of them not also running away to sick spiritual health. Why hasn't it killed the whole population? Stop causing panic and stop spreading unconfirmed reports. just follow this thread from the beginning to the end. Most of the comments are hear say.

According to the who. The mode of contact is not as bad as they make it sound. The mode of contact is exactly how other people have gotten affected in other countries. Someone even wrote how it is also airborne. Also lies. If it was Liberia would have been wiped out. Some people just bringing out crazy theories of how money can carry the virus. Then there would be nobody in guinea and Sierra Leone.

I'm wondering what you meant by its not as bad as they made it sound.
It passed through a Hospital and 9 people are now confirmed infected and you're here talking about it being not as bad as they said it was.
An educated should be able to drop the hearsay and pick the reasonable part. Denial won't make it go away......it comes in epidemic and they don't even have an idea of what the reservoir is.
Three cases of meningitis following each other means there's an impending epidemic and you buckle up...
2 cases of rabies in the same area calls for quick dissemination of information.
These are cases of how they stop epidemics. You don't wait till you get 50.
If there had been enough information from the first time Sawyer came in....maybe the numbers might not be up to this.
there are lots of ignorant people out there and I'd be more surprised if you're not part of them.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by legaxi(m): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
BRAKING news, the presidential committee set up to review the interaction between Nigerians has just approved the way of greeting which is being launched by the first lady herself please ensure henceforth that you comply ^_^

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Franky9584(m): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
I pray God help us all. because d tendency dat everybody wil get it z there. Think about those dat entered d same bus wit her esp those dat sat beside her, do u knw if he/she z ur broda, sister or friend? Think abt d money she gave 2 d conductor wch he must spend on smtin else. . .oya tel me, WHO IS SAFE?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
infolekan:

I'm wondering what you meant by its not as bad as they made it sound.
It passed through a Hospital and 9 people are now confirmed infected and you're here talking about it being not as bad as they said it was.
An educated should be able to drop the hearsay and pick the reasonable part. Denial won't make it go away......it comes in epidemic and they don't even have an idea of what the reservoir is.
Three cases of meningitis following each other means there's an impending epidemic and you buckle up...
2 cases of rabies in the same area calls for quick dissemination of information.
These are cases of how they stop epidemics. You don't wait till you get 50.
If there had been enough information from the first time Sawyer came in....maybe the numbers might not be up to this.
there are lots of ignorant people out there and I'd be more surprised if you're not part of them.

What do u mean u would be more surprised if am not part of them. Please if u wanna start taking jabs at me. I can go there. Because I said stop spreading panic if has turned to me being ignorant and on denial. If u cannot argue reasonably don't quote me again.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by dprince042(m): 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
[size=25pt]What a bad news!![/size]
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hermesprogidy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
a friend of mine told me one of the people tht had contact with mr sawyer on the flight to nigeria came seeking treatment in a private hospital in egbeda area of Lagos. The guy has ebola and was driven to the hospital by a friend. The information freaked me out and I started doubting the truth in the info given to us by the state ministry of health tht these people were in containment centers. My friend told me the whole hospital was in pandemonium when word spread that an ebola patient was in the premises.
Personally, I don't think the government is doing enough to curb this thing and I also think the situation is worse than we are made to believe.
please let's take all necessary precautions and arm our loved ones and others with the right info about ebola.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Deepfreezer(m): 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
infolekan:

Like the way you're throwing the word Panic around.
What's the PANIC you're even tossing around got to do with what's on ground?
I think you should read around it.
There's a disease on ground. It's live and real and it's no longer a rumor.
It's spread will not increase if given more coverage by the media. Being quiet about it won't make it go away.
Numbers are increasing daily from the nobody is infected to 1 to 2 to 7 to 9 and God knows what else is hidden and you're here talking about panic.
I'm sure the Nurse went to Enugu after reading what you typed about it not being serious.
Don't be so quick to forget that 200 people dead from a disease is far above what constitutes an epidemic which is on its own an emergency
your opinion. where did I write abt da disease not being serious? I simply say we should stop exaggeratIng da whole thing.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Deepfreezer(m): 12:02am On Aug 14, 2014
sandijey:

I'm proud of your knowledge.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hermesprogidy(m): 12:12am On Aug 14, 2014
sandijey:

But sawyer did not affect anybody in the plane. The only people who got affected are those primary contacts in the hospital. Those who his vomit touched, and also fluid from his body. I am very certain that the nurse after touching or treating him must have made contact wiv his fluid and then transfered it to the other patient.
the government is not telling us the truth. The ebola patient that came to a private clinic in the egbeda area of Lagos said he had contact with mr sawyer on the plane becos he started throwing up on the plane. Sometimes it's ok to be paranoid.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 12:23am On Aug 14, 2014
sandijey:

What do u mean u would be more surprised if am not part of them. Please if u wanna start taking jabs at me. I can go there. Because I said stop spreading panic if has turned to me being ignorant and on denial. If u cannot argue reasonably don't quote me again.

I'll still have to quote you again.
I don't spread panic.
The nature of my job while not allowing me to get ruffled over these,it however doesn't stop me from appreciating what is on ground.
Spreading the information as much as possible isn't panic. And that's what in saying.
Lots of people are still in denial and that long story by a General something some few comments above mine is an example of what I meant by misinformation.
Sorry about the jab. It was totally uncalled for. Just couldn't resist it(felt that comment wouldn't be complete without putting it in).
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by duni04(m): 12:25am On Aug 14, 2014
sandijey: All I no is. Liberia and other west African countries have been battling wiv it since the outbreak, not up to 1000 people have died. If u follow Nigerian press, people will die before the ebola gets to them. Especially nairaland news. If it was so contagious 1 million people will be dying per day. Its just basic hygiene. Even bird flu that was airborne or so, did millions of people die? This is a phase. It will pass.

If it was so bad then nobody would eat again. The food u buy do u no who is cooking it? Even fast food restaurants do u no who is baking and doing all sorts, the bread and tomatoes and meat. Even vegetables do u no where it's coming from. etc. the money u collect in the bank, market, conductors, do u no whose hands it has touched...... stop panicking and just be hygienic and off course be prayerful to. none of us shall be at the right place at the wrong time like the patient that the dead nurse gave the virus too.
Recipe for disaster. FYI, more than a thousand people have actually died since the outbreak began. People should be worried and take precautionary measures. When there is plenty of awareness and enlightment, people will know how to protect themselves. Ebola is here and we can't simply sit down and wish it away.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 14, 2014
Ebola: See how Nigerian governors now greet each other (photos) @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-see-how-nigerian-governors-now.html
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 14, 2014
Bizarre double standards.

The same people cursing out sawyer are the same people making silly excuses over this irresponsible biatch who has consciously endangered the entire nation

Even she does not fall Ill, she should be banned from working in a hospital ever again.

She ran off to attend a WEDDING. what difference is there in mentality between this 'crazy person' and sawyer.

This is the typical nigger behavior that has enabled the unhindered spread of Ebola. People who are supposed to be educated and alive to their responsibilities behaving like raw illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Ander09(m): 1:49am On Aug 14, 2014
Ebola deris GOD ooo. Y u no go allow people rest na nawa 4 u oo
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by jericco1(m): 3:00am On Aug 14, 2014
Even Mr Sawyer is better, anyway she really loves her family.. I pray she recovers
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Who made you the judge of what information is false and what is true?
ogaibe1: Why are you spreading false information?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 14, 2014
ibedun: Come to think of it...

I knew America was gonna unleash this biological warfare soon but not this soon

The war to eliminate the wretched Africans have just started .......but it would help us wake up.

you are a fool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Paresthesia (paja Paja) Is All About And Why You Experience It / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.