Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62585 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by thewarrior72: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nothing to fear, God is in control cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Wayo Allah.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chibuking1(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hehehhehe!....... God knws am no longer going to 042 for any woman shocked again!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by back2sender: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
duni04:
The protocol in Nigeria is to give them thermometers to monitor their body temperatures themselves, and tell them to isolate themselves at home and not to travel or go to work. Nobody suspected of having the disease is actually quarantined. It is only when you report back to them with a fever or other symptoms of ebola that you are isolated and retested for ebola.
You know the drill man. This what happens

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by 1stola: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Rumour has it that North-central Nigeria has been hit. I dunno...it's a rumour.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmm!
Ebola.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Usman212s: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
hope say dem no go carry'am reach north..... Make'em dey with their ebola, make we dey with our BH

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by eaglechild: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
back2sender:

She is symptomatic,this happened in Enugu . there is a lot about this woman that is not in public For people to know.The Ebola team in Lagos sent doctors to Enugu because of her about 10 days ago. She was warned not to travel but she did and to attend a wedding of all reason in the world. There is no difference between her and sawyer, Plain wickedness !!!
Hypo is a good disinfectant to decontaminate your home with, i add a little to my bathing water. its cheaper and affordable

If this is the case her name needs to be made public.

She is an irrational ignorant being.

But my question is did she test positive?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hensben(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Richardjemedafe: Full meaning of EBOLA

E – Everlasting

B – Blessings

O – Of

L – Lord

A – Almighty

ON THIS NOTE,

I pray for you that EBOLA will
locate u and ur family this week in Jesus name……
How is this funny? I am very sure you are not a christian.

Mind what you say/type mr...you have been warned.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by candidbabe(f): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
ccording to the minister, 177 of those
persons are in Lagos; while 21 are in enugu.
He said the 21 persons being quarantined in
enugu were those who had contacts with a
female nurse that had primary contact with
Sawyer in Lagos.
The minister explained that the nurse
disobeyed medical instructions and traveled to
enugu.
He said: "All those who had primary contact
(with Sawyer) have been quarantined.
Secondary contacts have also been traced.

Damnn it ........
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by bablononi(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
people are raining curses on sawyer who didn't even know he had the virus. what can u say about a nurse in your country?smh

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by namuguibe(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Arosa: A face mask is not enough. The virus is so small it can penetrate the skin. so your best option is to cover your body completely with the appropriate gear.
ok thanks, but it's difficult to enter public transport with full body suit. I was hoping to just wear a nose mask. I am very nervous about this Ebola situation.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chibuking1(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
@typical easterners.......why u no wan get sense!, we are talkin somtn importnt , ur goin tribal quote author=ibedun]Selfish woman.

Selfish people - she had to carry the whole thing out of Lagos all the way to Enugu. Probably potentially infecting countless people along the way.

Typical Easterner!!
[/quote]
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Afrok(m): 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
Our president said Patrick Sawyer that brought Ebola to Nigeria was crazy to have travelled with the disease to Nigeria, now this nurse that travelled with overdose of Ebola from Lagos state to Enugu state should be called what? I thought health workers should know better, why escape from quarantine and put the lives of your loved ones and others at risk? I just don't understand how dem dey manage escape self when they're under quarantine, from Sawyer (Liberia to Nigeria) then Nurse (Lagos - Enugu), please people under observations and quarantine should remain where they are and stop sharing Ebola coz Ebola IS NOT A NATIONAL CAKE TO BE SHARED. God please help us as we try to contain and stop this deadly Ebola virus from wiping out Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by habex005(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
pishure or i dont believe it.............
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hakz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by zoopepe(m): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
The nurse travelled? Was she on leave? These guys should stop taking all of us for a fool. Did she travel by air or by road? What of people she travelled with? Abegi

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Bryan12(m): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
I don't belive this.How did they know about the exact number of people that had contact with the "heartless"sawyer and the"foolish"nurse

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Arosa(m): 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
duni04:
she probably used the same equipment she used in treating Patrick sawyer to treat the pregnant woman. The nurse wasn't showing any symptoms so she couldn't have given the pregnant lady directly

Think about this case scenario, A person touches an ebola sick man, she becomes already infected. As the ebola virus is on her hand, she touches another person, that person is also infected. The question is how long will this virus remain on her hand as a contagion, before she herself becomes a main source of the disease ? (hours, days, mouths?) lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by eaglechild: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
And to think Enugu also has an international airport.

I smell travel restrictions on the corner for Nigeria.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hardbody: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
E don be for Naija. Its just a matter of time. I weep for us.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hensben(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka:

This is an "Honourable" Minister of the FRN sounding as clueless as an agbero in a bus park!!!

Seriously, I hate these men!! Tufia!!
When they talk, you see cluelesness in all its glory!!

What is the meaning of "it has not been established"... It has not been "established" that what??

Fvcking degenerate goombahs! angry
What do you expect huh?

A country were a zoologist with no political science nor law degree is a president...An agriculturist employed in the bank.....I weep for nigeria.

A country were tout, assassins govern leaned and professionals.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by synazz(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
sadWhot is it?why is it so difficult for all this poeple that are being quarrantine to heed instructions from medical personells by doing so it will not help health commissoner and others to find possible way of preventing this virus from spreading arounding the country.God will help us.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by smudge2079(m): 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Omo see gobe. Ebola is d realest shyt since Anthrax!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Beync(f): 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.
if it only wen a person is already down with it that he can infect others, why did the pregnant woman contact the virus from the same nurse who attended to sawyerr ?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by karkel(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
THERE IS FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN RUN! RUN!!RUN!!! A BIG.......BIG FIRE.....RUN!RUN
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Arosa(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
namuguibe: ok thanks, but it's difficult to enter public transport with full body suit. I was hoping to just wear a nose mask. I am very nervous about this Ebola situation.
Get a latex handglove with it and you will be ok.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hakz(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
UPDATED INFO ON Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu – Confirmed By Federal Government >> http://www.wapcoded.net/2014/08/13/ebola-control-21-quarantined-enugu-confirmed-federal-government/

Share this
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Symphony007: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
duni04:
No i'm afraid. All the primary contacts with Patrick sawyer were not isolated. They were simply given thermometers and asked to isolate themselves at home. They were told to contact the hospital once they noticed any changes as that's the best way of tackling the disease, early detection. That's the protocol in Nigeria.
mind blowing!! We're finished.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by duni04(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
Arosa:

Think about this case scenario, A person touches an ebola sick man, she becomes already infected. As the ebola virus is on her hand, she touches another person, that person is also infected. The question is how long will this virus remain on her hand as a contagion, before she herself becomes a main source of the disease ? (hours, days, mouths?) lipsrsealed undecided
If she's already contacted the virus by direct contact with the patient but them disinfects herself and her equipment, she'll probably not transmit the virus to any other patient until she starts showing symptoms herself. You can only give ebola as a carrier when you show symptoms, most notably fever and diarrhoea.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by haibe(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
The annoying thing about quarantine is that if you quarantine 99 ebola patients and miss 1, it's still almost the same as before when sawyer brought the virus as the virus in the remaining 1 person will soon spread

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex / Harmattan In February: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.