Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62571 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Lilimax: Yes ooo! In Him, we are secured from deadly virus including Ebola embarassed smiley

The Spanish priest must've said the same thing. Heck, even Z-mapp couldn't save him.

Better go protect yourself, and stay alive.

E-baller don't joke.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
adorable29:

Infact eh! This people are terrible! Every man should just protect himself cos the govt is as incompetent as they come! FEW people, they can't CONTROL or HANDLE! Then I wonder, I trully trully wonder what they will do if God forbid, there is an epidemic!

My 10year old cousin knows that every primary contact should immediately be isolated and not allowed to go anywhere for at least 21 days! This is an issue of natural security! Now 21 pple are being watched cos of 1 person! They probably don't understand geometric progression!

This country is unbelievable!
Dis con3 waz BELIEVABLE when every dumb piece of shyte queued under 2011 hot sun 2 vote 4 a jumbo sized dumb f^^k piece of mofo angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kalvan2000: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ibo-la land
is this the famous tribal warlord Chino. Can we please see the back of his head grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Swash042(m): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Olusanya333: How dare u a human being ask The Lord God Almigthy Why?
I asked him d question out of fear and moreover it's a common question used by we Christians wen been affected by ill luck (eg. Death of a relative )....so bro. Chill out!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Kalvan2000: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
saxywale:
is this the famous Chino. Can we please see the back of his head grin grin grin

Bro, it's so flat that it will cover your entire computer screen.

He's sooo ugly.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by sunny4life(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
duni04:
No i'm afraid. All the primary contacts with Patrick sawyer were not isolated. They were simply given thermometers and asked to isolate themselves at home. They were told to contact the hospital once they noticed any changes as that's the best way of tackling the disease, early detection. That's the protocol in Nigeria.
I swear,our leaders no get sense @ all.Can't the govt send security agents to monitor them to ensure they dont run away and spread the disease to oda pple? Knowing that there are pple dat are so wicked like that Liberian bastard and dat nurse who can run away and spread d virus knowing fully well dat they ar infected.To comot from house sef dey scare me.what kind of irresponsible govt is this?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Osama10: Which kind of country is this?
Boko & Ebola type ni grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by rdokoye: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
Reference:

This is the kind of rubbish talk that has continued to kill people since March in The Guinea, Liberia and Serria Leone, under-estimating the sheer aggression of this virus. I say and I say again. No one is certain about how and when this disease is spread. Even experienced handlers in full bio gear have died. Wisdom is on the side of extreme caution, viruses do not have timers, they don't have calendars, they respect no one. You can transmit a typical virus minutes after 'catching' it. Until the science is complete I will treat ebola as virile as the influenza virus. It is either we do this or conceed the battle, simple. There is too much laxity everywhere concerning this epidemic. If it was domiciled in the Americas, Europe or Asia the WHO will have raised greater alarm, we should not test the resolve of this virus to do serious damage.

Those doctors are constantly administering highly contagious individuals, so the likelihood of them contracting the virus is heighten.

Ebola has continued to kill people in those respective nations because of ignorance. The average citizen in those countries has very little understanding of how the illness is spread.

Spreading fear and panic will have the opposite effect of what you’re trying to do, because as we all know, when people are highly stressed, their natural inclination is to take flight.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
abeg photos of the quarantine center. I need to see biafranqueen and her crew post out of the other sides of their mouths

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by iconize(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
What an unserious country!
Nigerians joke with everything even lives...
If people keep escaping like this, then forget it!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by johnstar(m): 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
Olusanya333: Do u hv to play with God name?
sharap
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kalvan2000:

Bro, it's so flat that it will cover your entire computer screen.

He's sooo ugly.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by rdokoye: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
chulla12: So she is presently in Lagos?

She is confirmed as sick?

It doesn’t say, so we can assume she’s not sick nor has she tested positive for Ebola. Only 9 of the 50 or so people that came into with Mr Sawyer have tested positive.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Olusanya333(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Swash042: I asked him d question out of fear and moreover it's a common question used by we Christians wen been affected by ill luck (eg. Death of a relative )....so bro. Chill out!
Bro its nt ryte to do so.Even angels greater in Power nd might dare not ask God why?.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Wait a minute! How did the woman find her way back to Enugu from Lagos? I'm sure it was through commercial vehicle. Then how do we know how many people she had contact with in Lagos taxi that took her to the park, in the park while trying to board the vehicle, inside the vehicle during the journey, in Enugu park as she arrived, within the neighbourhood as she arrived home? Have they taken cognizance of all these? This can really be dangerous. May God save us all...amen.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Olusanya333(m): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
johnstar: sharap
u will give account
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Reference(m): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
rdokoye:

Those doctors are constantly administering highly contagious individuals, so the likelihood of them contracting the virus is heighten.

Ebola has continued to kill people in those respective nations because of ignorance. The average citizen in those countries has very little understanding of how the illness is spread.

Spreading fear and panic will have the opposite effect of what you’re trying to do, because as we all know, when people are highly stressed, their natural inclination is to take flight.

Perhaps I am the wrong profession then. In my profession risk is analysed very carefully and systems are designed to contain or accomodate the maximum possible outcomes or 'worst case scenario'. In virology or public health it appears threats are analysed on the least possible outcomes. Goodluck to you guys.

We don't say 'what may happen' or 'what is likely to happen', we say 'what is the worst thing that can happen' and plan around to handle that.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
back2sender:
Nigerians are stubborn people and the WHO policy in managing Ebola used in ugnada, Zaire model cannot work here. Our population is just too much and the migration rate is very high. So the quarantine method of just giving them thermometer to monitor thier temperature at home cannot work here. There was even a guy that slept on the same bed with a primary contact that exhibits the symptoms and was advised to lay low and be under observation. The guy refused saying he has to be at work and that he had just a night contact with the person .They both shared a bed . This are not hear say but hard facts on what is going on I can't divulge more . Practice safe personal hygiene

Oh my God embarassed
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
I really wish they would clarify rather than causing panic. I have relatives in Enugu and this is worrying.
rdokoye:

It doesn’t say, so we can assume she’s not sick nor has she tested positive for Ebola. Only 9 of the 50 or so people that came into with Mr Sawyer have tested positive.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by gebest: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
Reference:

Sure.....so she went home to guarantee that they join her.....in the after life.

is not as u think, lets just prayed d almighty God to put an end to dis big problem.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by buJu234: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls stop being scared for nothing. She would have been only able to infect others only on the ground that she is sick and dead

So if she is not sick and tested negative as per the time she travelled then no one got infected.

But if she was sick then as at the time of this news it would have been a news of another ebola positive patient.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Chinwem(f): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
Unserious government
They couldn't hold one person in isolation in Enugu
Now they want to hold 21 in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
MaziOmenuko: Still not out of control: at least the 21 secondary contacts have been located and placed under supervision.

This ebola u people are sharing.... Chai!!!

You can never know the exact figure of people she's had contact with. The said 21 is just a probability belief. It's over 70% possibility the contacts were more than that. Danger still looms on air.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by plasmadocument: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
So when are we going to shut down schools and ban all public gatherings. This thing is spreading fast and all necessary drastic measures need to be taken now before ... angry
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by san316(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
I guess this time the opposition has not been accused of complicity in the spread. And that nurse, why na? Why you do dis to ur fadaland na. Chaai!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by scottpirlo24: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dont talk as a fool, when you want to comment, stop bringing tribal sh*t here
RoyalRoy: Damn!!!

I actually thought about this some days back.

The hard working and risk taking Igbo business man will surely discard Ebola threats and give his all in order to make his mark in his business venture.

I also Wondered how he will escape the scourge when all he just wanted was to improve his business and make a better life for himself and his family. !!

Now Ebola has gotten a good ground to multiply in Africa's most populous nation due to a foolish nurse who should know better.

May that trial vaccine bring succour to all infected Africans. Amen.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by eaglechild: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Reference:

Perhaps I am the wrong profession then. In my profession risk is analysed very carefully and systems are designed to contain or accomodate the maximum possible outcomes or 'worst case scenario'. In virology or public health it appears threats are analysed on the least possible outcomes. Goodluck to you guys.

We don't say 'what may happen' or 'what is likely to happen', we say 'what is the worst thing that can happen' and plan around to handle that.
No it is the same that is why contact tracing is done.

Unfortunately, when dealing with humans, it is not so straight forward.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Oxone(m): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Just When you think d Govt will take things seriously, they surprise u.....How hard is it to secure a quarantine zone? Damn! angry

And why exactly is the minister of health still keeping his job?

No wonder nobody takes us seriously and everyone wants to use us as their lab rats. undecided Very soon Haiti will come out with an experimental drug to test on us.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by TOYNEX(f): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
no need for redefinition... the original definition sef GI different from wetin u expect after all na naija we dey

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by juman(m): 9:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
iconize: What an unserious country!
Nigerians joke with everything even lives...
If people keep escaping like this, then forget it!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by frediech(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.
I hope it doesn't spread further in Nigeria. Helps us Jehovah
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by scottpirlo24: 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
fool
ibedun: Selfish woman.

Selfish people - she had to carry the whole thing out of Lagos all the way to Enugu. Probably potentially infecting countless people along the way.

Typical Easterner!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Harmattan In February: Nigerians React / Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / 10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.