Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Advise On Cosmetics Production - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advise On Cosmetics Production (2679 Views)

Need Advise On How To Start Palm Oil Processing Business / Starting A Cosmetics Business / I Need Advise On How To Invest 10 Million Naira In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Cosmetics Production by Angel15(f): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2008
Good-day Nairalanders,

Please I need your sincere advice. I want to venture into production of cusmetics (hair cream, shampoo, laundry soap etc), and maybe insecticide. Does anyone in the house have an idea of what is required to start this biz, for instance registration/licence, where to get the raw materials, afordable equipment for a start etc. I had in 2003 attended a tree weeks training in this regard and recently i start ed having a strong feeling of being self-employed and in the process of time reduce unmployment in the labour market.

Thank you in advance for your honest contributions.
Re: Advise On Cosmetics Production by bouquilife(f): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2008
It depends on what scale you want to start with, that is are you willing to produce in very large quantities or in small quantities. I will advise you start your production in small scale and start marketing in your vicinity. This will assist in judging its acceptability in the market. You can start as little as N50,000 for soap and cream production. You know you will need a cutting table, mould. stamp and packaging material for soap.

For chemicals you get them from ogota and for machines you get them from mushin.

I am also into part time production of the above

Thats all I can say for now
Re: Advise On Cosmetics Production by Angel15(f): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2008
Thank you so much bouquilife. Your contribution will be helpful for me. I actually want to start in smal scal, do you have an ideal of what the machines will cost? Did u include it in the N50k you mentioned? I will be glad if your are can be more detailed. My email is patoski1@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: Advise On Cosmetics Production by bouquilife(f): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
Yes. It is included in the 50k. The cutting machine is the most expensive. It came in steel or metal, and from Mushin, Lagos it cost around 16K. A stamping pad can be the one that is like the ordinary stamp but bigger, it cost around 700 Naira, but if you want your production to be faster, a stamping machine can be made for you at the cost of around 12k - 15k. The name of your soap will be inscribe on it for both method of stamp.

If you have any other clarification, my email is bouqui4simplelife@yahoo.com.

I wish you the best because soap making is a very lucrative business.
Re: Advise On Cosmetics Production by Angel15(f): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2008
bouquilife, you are a true nairalander, thank you so much for your help. I'm going to contact you soonest. God bless.
Re: Advise On Cosmetics Production by ehinmowo: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2020
bouquilife:
Yes. It is included in the 50k. The cutting machine is the most expensive. It came in steel or metal, and from Mushin, Lagos it cost around 16K. A stamping pad can be the one that is like the ordinary stamp but bigger, it cost around 700 Naira, but if you want your production to be faster, a stamping machine can be made for you at the cost of around 12k - 15k. The name of your soap will be inscribe on it for both method of stamp.

If you have any other clarification, my email is bouqui4simplelife@yahoo.com.

I wish you the best because soap making is a very lucrative business.

Pls I will like to contact you. You email is bouncing back.

(1) (Reply)

Start Your Own Boxers Business With As Low As 2500 / Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry / Easy Steps On How To Produce House Paints By Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.