Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (23351 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by kamez(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2014
17..still learning
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by kamez(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Started at 19yrs in my second year in the university.

Started with my mums car though..(A 2001 toyota camry manual sha) Cos popsie would never risk his car. Got my first drivers license the same year

Became a pro at 21 drove my inlaw's car from calabar to owerri, and a month later I drove the same car from owerri to lagos..

Bought my first car in my final year..(Mercedes 190) And the car frustrated my life and my pocket till I sold it immediately after grad

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by UrbanMystique: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by pressyhaywhy(m): 9:16am On Aug 15, 2014
I started moving car @ d age of 12 but started drivn on high-way @ d age of 18
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Badassniggga(m): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2014
Started at 17.5yrs.. Wasn't thought how to drive but i perfected my abilities within a month..
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Had my first driving experience when i was 16. my dad gave me his car key to wash the car, not knowing that the car was still in gear i started the car. I almost knocked down a fence that day when i didn't know where to apply brake. That day was hell for me, he later taught me how to drive.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by mkoabiola: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2014
I learnt wit automatic,bt still thinking if I can drive manual
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by bdek(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2014
JeffreyJamez: 17 and was taught by no one,took me a week to be a pro......those racing games where not for nothing...

PS:... if you can't drive a Manual vehicle,in my standards you don't know how to drive #justsaying

Nothing Like Stick ,in full control of the car

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2014
bdek:

Nothing Like Stick ,in full control of the car

Awesome feeling you get when changing gears,and the sound of the engine..... when changing gear......second to none!!!
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by phemolala07(m): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2014
I started after my ND dat was 2010....
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by phemolala07(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Driving a manual car is d bomb..I hate auto like crazy
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nevahateme(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2014
at the age of 3 mum bought a toy car for me

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by davboy(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2014
LMAyedun: Started to 'steal drive' at 17yrs, took me 2yrs to perfect it.
Started driving at the age of 16 a manual car, took me one week two hours daily
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Chynx(m): 9:44am On Aug 15, 2014
omolizzy: Comprehensive and intersting. I started driving at the age of 13. My Dad owned a scrap Peugeot 404 truck which was obviously a Manually transmitted vehicle. My elder brother (who was 15 at that time) and I, used to start the truck by joining two wires together because the key ignition system was bad and my Dad had it hotwired. (Money no dey to buy new ignition). We use the handle of a spoon or any flat metal to release the steering lock, by turning on the ignition first before joining the wires. The truck was always at home, while Dad and Mum were away at work. The family only took it to the farm on Saturdays. That gave room for plenty of time to practice what we watch Daddy do. grin

I Did my first interstate drive from Benin to Owerri at 14. It was my Dad's Peugeot 504 this time. My Mum had to travel for August meeting; needed to be mobile in the village but did not have the heart to drive herself through the highway. I took the vehicle down to the villa for her...and enjoyed almost two weeks of a lovely August villa experience.

I still have my very first learner's permit which was arranged for me at the age of 14 (Naija Factor), and which I would have shared on this forum...but for security reason due to the "faceless forum" thingy. I believe I was one of the youngest drivers on the streets of Benin at some point.

My longest drive was from Owerri to Sokoto. That was during my NYSC days. My Dad had got me a brand new car then (Toyota Corolla 1.8GLI...European) as a graduation gift. I did not want to leave the car for anyone to damage...so I insisted on taking my car with me for the twelve (12) months that I was going to be away, serving my country.

It was a tough trip...as I had to tango with a "The Young Shall Grow" luxurious bus driver somewhere around Minna in Niger state. He agreed to show me through the rest of the journey if i stayed close; so I followed his trail through Kaduna, Katsina, Gusau in Zamfara and finally, Farufaru in Sokoto. I hear whiiiiiiin!

Driving is pleasurable...if you've got the will.

Cheers.

Thanks! wink
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by marvie234: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2014
@d age of 18....
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Tantidora(f): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Spanishmario: Started driving around d age of 18 nd became perfect around d age of 20 due to lasgidi road

nairaland crush has wipe ma previous email
pls use this mail tantidora@yahoo.com
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by bizybrain(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
mine was unofficial 16 official 17
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by RebelLeader15(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving a manual car at the age of 14, after 4 months of constant driving of my mum's car, I became an expert. I was in SS1 then.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by braivheart: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2014
[size=14pt]Started 18, wasn't good till 19 cos of sch, 1st time on the highway was from redemption camp to marina at about 4am. drove from ijebu-ode to sapele on the return trip (all@age19) (drove 160kmph on the benin bypass) when mE pops was sleeping while driving. I have since driven on the highway accross states since then.[/size]
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Alenkakent(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving @ 20... Dad just took me out to an open field once and after dat, I go out with d car on my own till I got perfect... Never had an accident while learning...
I just started driving manual last week when my mum got her new car which I have to warm while she's still learning to drive...
I got someone to teach me for abt an hour then I started driving the manual ride too... Now close to perfection
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by glosali(f): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Cant remember www.glowysofiscated. even my parents dont knw i drive...looool
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Edusouls(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving at 23, but i was supervised by my dad and taught by my brother, it just took me 3days to start driving around, with the manual system, and am today a pro-hell driver....
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by M4gunners: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2014
At 19 thanks to bros Tunde.My uncle don't hv time to teach , but wherever i ask Tunde if he can teach me, he only say to me go and collect Key from ur Uncle come.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by tranxo(m): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie: 16.
It just started like that, I av always had the zeal, and I knew I wanted to drive manual. I hate that look when u perform a stunt or speed and peeps be like 'ah, na woman, bc na automatic'
So I made sure I learnt manual and drove it for 'bout' 5yrs'

First learnt @home, I entered road and was driving like a witch, maybe bc my husband (then bf) who taught me drives like a wizard too...people started calling my parents to tell dem to beg me to drive responsibly #amebopeople#

So I went to a driving sch, dey tot dat wud make me drive responsibly, I came out worse grin

Professionally/regularly- 17
Interstate/long distance- 20
Manual, not auto please...manual gives me the speed I like...
Though last yr my hubby got me an auto car, say av been suffering myself.
Shikena
Now, I think I'm tired...av seen it all grin
Term paper!
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by killercute16(m): 10:40am On Aug 15, 2014
balash: Always had Zeal for driving whenever I take public trans I always sit at the front with driver's just to know wasap! At 17 my 1st born (a guy) took me and my elder brother to learn with a 504 and he only told me once,do this and that and kwa! I was already driving while my other brother was stil panicking.
So started driving neighbour's car and friends car because Dad will never allow me touch his car,the first time I drove interstate lagos to ogbomosho with a family friend because Dad does not trust my driving yet he went to and fro ogbomosho with us that day and sat by my side always signaling with his hand for me to slow down lol.
Some year's back after sch I drove a friend to Abuja from lagos and back and when Dad heard he only called me aside and said whenever I want to drive long distance I should always pray b4 moving,I only smiled lol...have had some very stupid driving encouter like when I went to abuja like 3 yrs back and I was bored at home doing nothing walking along a street a saw a post asking for a truck (mack) driver who can drive a truck carrying container from abuja to nassarawa and I applied without knowing how to drive a truck,I just called my brother and he told me to pump the throttle well b4 moving and that was it I did the job for 1month took my salary and ran away b4 someone who know me see me lmao,then that same time on my way back to lagos took Ekene dili chukwu bus and it got faulty after lugbe express and we waited for them to bring another bus they never did and we started taking nameless luxirious who ply lagos route late that night and I took a luxirious bus can't remember the name it was filled no more space but was in the driver's side on one small stool I guess they dnt want to loose my 3k too and I noticed the driver was taking a very big bottle of chelsea gin whilst driving with his motorboy too and everytime he try pass to me I say I dnt want cox I dnt take alcohol when we got close to lokoja the driver asked me do u know how to drive? I said yes and he said he can't see anything anymore I should come take the wheel and he only parked and I took the wheel only because I have a truck driving experience lol,and lo and behold I drove it to lagos! It was at ojota when someone shouted he wanted to drop and saw the driver and motorboy drunk and sleeping and he shouted that passenger's should come see who drove them to lagos and they started howling insults on the driver when they knew they were drunk and they started thanking me and giving me money hehe,I guess I made extra 20k that day with my 3k I was supposed to pay.... One Lovely experience I can never forget now if there's a road to heaven kwanu just get me a good car...
hehehehe...i lyk dis guy.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by liljboy10: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2014
at age 17..am 18 and still learning..almost killed an old woman 4 months ago..thank God she wasn't badly injured..
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by splashbaby(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2014
8Years...
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by killercute16(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Fabdedon: :DI started driving wen ah was 12 cos ah always disturb ma dad that i am now taller dan d car and ah need to learn it.. Joking one day e told me pillow and off to d field... I drove home dat day.. From den henceforth ah was driving now d nxt tin to learin is drifting.. cool
12!!!....and u were taller than the car nd u were perfect and your dad allowed you too drive.CHAI!!!....I GIVE UP.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by balash(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2014
Bawsse:

hey balash, you can lie ehnn, when did tortoise fall and have cracked back... cheesy

Would like to knw why u feel I am? Is it that its difficult to drive from abuja to lagos? Abi those who drive luxirious have 2 head's!! Which one is a lie..cox am finding it so hard to understand why I hav to lie on something so simple anyone can do only cox it was a lovely experience 4 me
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by cecegorz(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving at 14, I was in JSS 3 then back in the 90s.
My elder brother just took me to the road, showed me how to engage the clutch and gear and generally put me through the fundamentals. So we exchanged seats, I cranked the machine, slammed on the clutch, engaged the gear and off we went, god thing is that it was a free road and the steering kept going from extreme left to extreme right, so he was helping me to guard it all the way.

The next day, I started driving by myself, till today!
The toughest thing about learning a manual is the proper and timely release of clutch to avoid the vehicle jerking, and the ignition going off, it happened to me severally then.
Imagine slowing down to greet some people that's full of admiration of this young dude pulling a ride, and as you re-engage gear 1 to roll away, the machine jerks and goes off!!! chai, plenty fvck up men!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Did Your Dad Use? (Picture) / Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.