Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,723 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

First Son Named After Wife's First Love. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. (11040 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Angeldemivida: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
TV01:

Men hey? Why the upset?

Just because everytime he calls his sons name he is reminded of the man that first shined, polished and buffed his wife's congo, the one who popped her cherry. The one who pillaged and plundered her virgin territory. Who plucked it like a guitar, flipped it up, turned it over, positioned it and turned it around. The striker who worked his way into her box and scored. Repeatedly! Header, back-heel, nutmeg and volley. The tap-in, long range thunderbolt, half-volley and penalty strike.

A permanent reminder of another player - who may have been better. Someone he'll suspect he's "substitute too" and not a "replacement for".

And he can't actually do anything to prove otherwise - this guy is immortalised and a legend - as his wife will always have this romanticised ideal of loffaboy in her head.

Such treachery - that's why he's refusing to play! Name change, transfer or substitution grin.

TV

I like your mastery of words here dude. All those explanation of "flipping it up and turning it around" are not necessary to make your point yet you showed a good command of words.

@Poster
The one thing I also thought of after reading about the problem is for them to simply change the child's name if the husband can't stand his son answering the name of his wife's ex. An ex of mine called me up two months ago asking me to remind him of my middle name and telling me that he is naming his newly born daughter after me. I told him "your wife is not gonna like it" and he was like "My wife does not know your name". I hope this kind of problem does not rear its head one day for them.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by rotsey: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
This one nawa oo, they don't do things like that
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by baybiemee: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
This woman sabi find trouble sha.

The name should be changed, if not the man will never get over it.
And she should please get over the dead lover.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
crackhaus: The hypocrisy by a lot of females on this thread is utterly suffocating. Damn angry

Simple solution @OP, Let the husband insist on making use of the child's other (middle)name as the primary name on all his documents henceforth...this is what I would do if I were to be in this situation.

Everyone has at least two names, so I would most surely turn the child's middle name into a first name and relegate the ex's name to become the middle initial, everyone stays happy...and should the wife find this change upsetting, be clear and sure to remind her that it's just a name. undecided
Bros, me sef tire for the hypocrisy being displayed here. Should issues arise, you'll hear/read comments like 'He's an immature hothead who isn't ripe to father a home!', 'divorce him!!!' 'What kind of a man is he?! Christ!!!', bla bla bla!!!!

'It is just a name!'
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
He's insecure
He's not a 'real' man

grin

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: He's insecure
He's not a 'real' man

grin
How could I have missed this? Then you'll see lectures of how a real man is from A....

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Acidosis(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
The man should simply hire an artist to construct/paint a massive photo of his ex on the living room wall, in memory of the sweet relationship smiley

It's just a harmless photo! cool cool

5 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by honeric01(m): 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Emotional cheat.

Who knows if the dead ex is even "sexually" visiting her in the dream sef sad

I fear some women o..
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
honeric01: Emotional cheat.

I fear some women o..
grin cheesy cheesy Godforbid!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Acidosis: The man should simply hire an artist to construct/paint a massive photo of his ex on the living room wall, in memory of the sweet relationship smiley

It's just a harmless photo! cool cool
Huh grin going to the extreme just cos of a name?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
They should better change that child's name ASAP. Which kin YEYE love. Except if the child is for the late boyfriend.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by freakcin: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Nope, concern and fight do not mean the same thing in my dictionary. The tone of your post however implies that you'll bring down hail and brimstone on your spouse's head, if she dares name your child after a deceased ex's name.

The tone of my message suggest nothing close to all youve been insinuating! Apparently not everyone who can construct an error free sentence knows how to comprehend! Nothing in my response implies violence, kindly look up the meaning of grouse and educate me.

EfemenaXY:
~ Your child sharing the same as that of a dead ex becomes suspect of what? A crime? If yes, what's the crime?
~ What "role" are fond memories of a dead ex playing? And in what sort of thing? Is it a crime to have fond memories of a person she dated before meeting you? So what are those fond memories a guilty suspect of? That she's cheating on you? Sleeping with the deceased ex?

You ask if it is a crime. I never said it is, I only mentioned it would bring about cause for concern. You also would like to know if its a crime to have memories of an ex, pls go back to my post where I mentioned, I don't have a problem with that but I do have a problem with her naming my first son after her ex.

Since you can't quote me without interjections completely unrelated to my post, I would like to say adios.

3 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Acidosis(m): 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
3cycle:
Huh grin going to the extreme just cos of a name?
over-reacting just cos of a portrait? cheesy

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by honeric01(m): 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
3cycle:
grin cheesy cheesy Godforbid!

God forbids wetin? as if this doesn't happen..

There is every possibility
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by kika23(f): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
luvablesam:

I know its harsh but some comments here are just appalling!
That's why you act like you don't see 'em smiley
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by jabanz(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
merieam16: Tell d guy 2 b matured its just a name
it is not just a name, it goes beyond that
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by luvablesam(m): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
kika23:
That's why you act like you don't see 'em smiley

Some people tru their unhealthy comments corrupt people Knowingly. Its truly annoying though av learnt to ignore

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Very-very-very bad.
Coming from a family woman
If @all u wanto honour any1 by naming ur 1st son after him, it should be ur husband, not an ex, let alone a late ex.

When it's not that the ex was responsible for the pregnancy...

If am the guy, thankGod the boy hasn't written Common Entrance or WAEC bc na that day we go change the name. Damn... what was she thinking?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
honeric01: Emotional cheat.

I fear some women o..

grin grin grin...incubus....

Reminds me of dru hill - sleeping in my bed

When the son sleeps on the mums chest, her ex is literally sleeping in her bed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ixip0K2r10
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by honeric01(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin...incubus....

Reminds me of dru hill - sleeping in my bed

When the son sleeps on the mums chest, her ex is literally sleeping in her bed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ixip0K2r10

grin grin grin grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
My "ex" died in a car accident we were in. He died, and I was left with a scratch and a bleeding heart (figurative). My s/o knows his name etc. If I tried something like that, he would so know.

To those saying it's just a name, that's not necessarily true. At least not in most cases, we often name children for those we love. Still, it's been done. What's there to do now, but move on? I think changing the name now would be overkill, especially if the child is old enough to know his name. It's not that serious.

I wondering why she told him all of the sudden? Some things are better left unsaid.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Acidosis(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: My "ex" died in a car accident we were in. He died, and I was left with a scratch and a bleeding heart (figurative). My s/o knows his name etc. If I tried something like that, he would so know.

To those saying it's just a name, that's not necessarily true. At least not in most cases, we often name children for those we love. Still, it's been done. What's there to do now, but move on? I think changing the name now would be overkill, especially if the child is old enough to know his name. It's not that serious.

I wondering why she told him all of the sudden? Some things are better left unsaid.

Some things are better left un-done.

4 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
Acidosis:

Some things are better left un-done.

Lol it's not that serious IMO
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Acidosis(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol it's not that serious IMO
hehe, smiley
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by EfemenaXY: 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
freakcin: .

The tone of my message suggest nothing close to all youve been insinuating! Apparently not everyone who can construct an error free sentence knows how to comprehend! Nothing in my response implies violence, kindly look up the meaning of grouse and educate me.

You ask if it is a crime. I never said it is, I only mentioned it would bring about cause for concern. You also would like to know if its a crime to have memories of an ex, pls go back to my post where I mentioned, I don't have a problem with that but I do have a problem with her naming my first son after her ex.

Since you can't quote me without interjections completely unrelated to my post, I would like to say adios.

Re: the bolded, I will not.

Adios too.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by CodeineJunkiee(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Very-very-very bad.
Coming from a family woman
If @all u wanto honour any1 by naming ur 1st son after him, it should be ur husband, not an ex, let alone a late ex.

When it's not that the ex was responsible for the pregnancy...

If am the guy, thankGod the boy hasn't written Common Entrance or WAEC bc na that day we go change the name. Damn... what was she thinking?

Sup.. Didn't c the mail o. Kindly resend again: olanrewaju_ameen@yahoo.ca
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Some forget to wear their thinking caps when going into marriage. I do not know right now if that woman is more stupid than insensitive.

If I was the husband, I would change the name of that child with immediate effect!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Tufiakwa!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
TV01:

Men hey? Why the upset?

Just because everytime he calls his sons name he is reminded of the man that first shined, polished and buffed his wife's congo, the one who popped her cherry. The one who pillaged and plundered her virgin territory. Who plucked it like a guitar, flipped it up, turned it over, positioned it and turned it around. The striker who worked his way into her box and scored. Repeatedly! Header, back-heel, nutmeg and volley. The tap-in, long range thunderbolt, half-volley and penalty strike.

A permanent reminder of another player - who may have been better. Someone he'll suspect he's "substitute too" and not a "replacement for".

And he can't actually do anything to prove otherwise - this guy is immortalised and a legend - as his wife will always have this romanticised ideal of loffaboy in her head.

Such treachery - that's why he's refusing to play! Name change, transfer or substitution grin.

TV

Classic. This is the post of the year.

The husband should not change the name. If the child is anything more than 5 years old, you don't want the child asking too many questions. Changing the name is irrelevant at this point in my opinion but I might be wrong.

But seriously, that woman has a lot of explanations to make. How can you do that and expect your husband to be ok with it. Don't some of these women know that men have feelings too. Its like some women just don't get it that men have feelings. They do hurtful things to their husbands and when he reacts, they even call him immature. Things that they can never take.

Good thing is that even most of the women here have also condemned her so this case is clear. The wife should just apologize and come up with a good story.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by ChiSun27(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
merieam16: Tell d guy 2 b matured its just a name

R u well?
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
She's never going to forget that ex dead or not,every time she calls the child,she'll remember him.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Kassidy90(m): 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
shooze: I find it strange that people expect the husband to just accept it. If tables were turned I would be really hurt. I can't imagine my husband naming my child after an ex dead or not. I would take it to mean that a part of him still yearns for what would have been and he is not totally happy in the marriage

I find it very disrespectful
The only one reasoning with brain..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets On New Year’s Day In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.