Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? (10993 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:37am On May 16, 2009
guys, is it important for your woman to know how to cook? is she more dateable if she is? is she less so if she can't even boil water? is the saying true, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

ladies, do you think it's important to know how to cook to be a complete package? or is this kind of shit ancient expectations and you don't want any of it?

please discuss
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by JJYOU: 9:56am On May 16, 2009
sexyLeamon:

guys, is it important for your woman to know how to cook? is she more dateable if she is? is she less so if she can't even boil water? is the saying true, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

ladies, do you think it's important to know how to cook to be a complete package? or is this kind of shit ancient expectations and you don't want any of it?

please discuss
this thread may help answer your question. If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7287.0.html
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by sexyLeamon(f): 10:15am On May 16, 2009
thank you
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by showbobo(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2009
YESSSSSS. . . . . She MUST know how to cook or who's going to be cooking for me maid??eateries. . . . Olohun maje
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by MrCrackles(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2009
Topic

For me it is not really imperative, however i will appreciate if a woman can make an effort at least!
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by hackney(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2009
For me its a must ; you see, in this day and age, feminism,liberation or whatever is making women of today lose their 'salt'.
Here we are debating if its necessary for a woman to have culinary skills Tomorrow they will want to know if a man should try and breastfeed the baby.

Preparing food for the brood is a natural instinct that comes with having children all you carpet-munching dykes out there.

They want to be bread winners ,they dont want to breastfeed their children or give birth naturally just to keep their shape, they want to be on the warfront,they want to be loose and sleep around,some even walk up to married men and express sexual interest.
The whole thing makes me sick.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by laplace(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2009
It's a MUST. If she can't cook, then we must be ready to spend a lot of money eating junk food or hire a cook. What has she been spending her whole life learning? Make ups and interior decor? No way! I like home made food.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by MrCrackles(m): 12:40pm On May 16, 2009
laplace:

It's a MUST. If she can't cook, then we must be ready to spend a lot of money eating junk food or hire a cook. What has she been spending her whole life learning? Make ups and interior decor? No way! I like home made food.

If you so much like home made food, make it yourself and stop whingeing!
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:55pm On May 16, 2009
You dont need to know how to cook, but dont blame anyone if ur relationship collapses
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 16, 2009
//
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by babzyshe: 1:08pm On May 16, 2009
@ topic

Don't let's be under any illusions here. Good food knows how to find its way into a guys heart even if he denies it.
Not making any effort and classifying as "ancient expectation" might not be the best solution here.

If it is still in the relationship phase, then it might not really matter that much but if you are married to a naija guy and you are living in naija, then you need to be concerned about where he is getting the GOOD FOOD from. Cos if he's not getting it @ home, then , 1+1 = 2.(fill in the blanks) grin grin wink
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by JJYOU: 1:18pm On May 16, 2009
babzyshe:

@ topic

Don't let's be under any illusions here. Good food knows how to find its way into a guys heart even if he denies it.
Not making any effort and classifying as "ancient expectation" might not be the best solution here.

If it is still in the relationship phase, then it might not really matter that much but if you are married to a naija guy and you are living in naija, then you need to be concerned about where he is getting the GOOD FOOD from. Cos if he's not getting it @ home, then , 1+1 = 2.(fill in the blanks) grin grin wink
why does naija have all those pepper soup pot belle men all over the place if GOOD FOOD at home was a cure for relationships.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by cutenk: 1:29pm On May 16, 2009
What makes her a woman then?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by kayc33(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2009
if she doesn't know how to cook, then she's not a woman! cool
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by babzyshe: 1:46pm On May 16, 2009
JJYOU:

why does naija have all those pepper soup pot belle men all over the place if  GOOD FOOD at home was a cure for  relationships.

I'm not saying only GOOD FOOD will save your relationship, but ignoring it will be leaving a door open for the "devil" ( grin) to enter wink
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by izinbizi(m): 1:57pm On May 16, 2009
A man has a natural attraction to a woman that feeds him well. If u cant satisfy your husbands appetite, he will become a gullible prey for another. Its a delicate matter and the reason for so many extra marital affairs. As simple as food can break up a marriage.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 16, 2009
It's important for everyone to know how to cook, thats how we were brought up, including  my brothers. My mum always told us you cant expect someone else to feed you and it's not healthy to survive on take-out. If you can use those skills to look after your family, then it's the icing on the cake.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by coolfaced8(f): 2:44pm On May 16, 2009
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by FBS: 2:48pm On May 16, 2009
Yes.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by hackney(m): 3:01pm On May 16, 2009
It is priceless and adoringly homely to have a woman that can go into the kitchen and make a delicious meal for the family.

Infact how can you forfeit that in a woman?  and have her sit there like a man? what?

So: family in danger = not her responsibility
property disputes= not her responsibility
Buglary break-ins = not her responsibility
Family in physical danger= not her responsibility
Washing machine/car broken = not her responsibility
Me= i will kill her and off to the thames or river Niger we go

Looks like girls that can cook even make better wives as per caring potential. (Duh)
Better stick to your mums girls, and learn something.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Pataki: 3:24pm On May 16, 2009
I cannot and would not marry one who does not know how to cook and cook it well. What would she be doing? Polishing her nails.

mschewwwwwwwwwww
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by TeskyMan(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2009
[b]I live in the Real World - meaning i am MARRIED plus a BABY BOY.

Hum!!!!, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, MY WIFE KNOWS WHAT I CARE ABOUT.SHE KNOWS WHERE IT ACHE ME MOST, MY Brother i no play with my TOMMY, Despite the fact that SHEs darm busy like Hell With work and whatever, She makes my goood, i mean good food and i reciprocate with good night sex.

When u live in an IMAGINED WORLD(I mean the spincers and bachelors in r/ships) you are yet to know what it is to be married.You can say this and that!!!, You can apply various experience u acquired from JAMES HARLY CHASE and 9JA HOME VIDEOS, But when u get to the real world(thats when u are married), and u face the CHALLEGES ATTACHED TO MARRIAGES, I tell you, you'lll have a better understanding that, MARRIAGE IS ALL ABOUT PLAYING YOUR OWN PART OF THE GAME AND PLAYING IT EFFECTIVELY INORDER TO MAKE THE HOME HABITABLE. , ALSO SACRIFICING YOUR SELFISHNESS FOR YOUR PARTNER(I mean the Couple), U'll learn a lot if you happen to be someone who hadly listen to advice,

I NO TAKE MY BELLE PLAY OHHHH, AND MY WIFFY KNOW SAY NA WAHALA BE THAT MAKE SHE BUY ME JUNK,

PEACE OUT, I rest my case, [/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Outstrip(f): 4:19pm On May 16, 2009
I cannot believe that someone said "what makes her a woman". Are you kidding Thank God one thing I have always known is that if a man has no common sense then do not even consider dating him. WTF. Are people really this, I don't even know the word to use. It is not stupid because that does not really explain it this. IGNORANT. That is the word. BLISSFULLY IGNORANT
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 16, 2009
It is necessary for anyone, be it male or female, to know how to cook.
It's a survival instinct.

But as woman, I think it's more of a necessity for us to learn how to cook.
Does it make us more of a woman, maybe maybe not.

I don't think it's that hard for any beginner to learn how to cook.
Internet is available, books are available, friends and family dey, cooking classes is not that expensive.
So what now is the obstacle, since we prefer not to call it an EXCUSE?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by MaiSuya(m): 5:01pm On May 16, 2009
KAI!! woman who can't cook? . . . and she has the effrontery to call herself a woman?
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 16, 2009
@Mai Suya

So what do we call a man who doesn't know how to use what's in his tool box?

Can't fix the roof? Can't fix technological problem in the house?

Can't fix the clogged up sink?

Oh plzzz!
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by amaikama(m): 5:23pm On May 16, 2009
@poster!! your post sound sooooooo!!!!! ridiculous angry then who is she then to the man? babe factory? or a picture frame that the man can place at the corner of his house

What's your point in posting this thread? cause i really don't see the relevant of these? angry
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by bawomolo(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2009
FL Gators:

So what do we call a man who doesn't know how to use what's in his tool box?

Can't fix the roof? Can't fix technological problem in the house?

Can't fix the clogged up sink?

A white collar professional who pays people to fix his house?

Who the hell is fixing a leaking roof.

As for a clogged up sink, just CLR the damn thing.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 16, 2009
@@Bawomolo
I'm not tryng to justify some women's inability to cook, but I am declaring unfairness when it comes to a man tha can't work his tools and a woman that can't cook.

So if we can call him a professional man that pays people to fix his house, why can't we call her a professional woman that pays people to cook for her?

Who da hell can't? Let him go on the roof, with wood, nails, and a hammer. Not impossible, na laziness dey do am cool cool
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by bawomolo(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2009
but I am declaring unfairness when it comes to a man tha can't work his tools and a woman that can't cook.

food is needed for survival, just place bucket for where the roof dey leak and we are fine cool

You need food everyday, how many times a year do you have to fix your roof or a clogged drain. come on now.

alase cost pass plumber.
Re: Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 16, 2009
So what is stopping men from learning to cook?

If they need it for survival.

You think we don't need help in the kitchen too? undecided

rotflmao @ the bucket. oogbadun grin

But on a serious note, it's unfair, it's sexism.

Many things needs to be fix in a home with little children. If he can't work his tools, then I guess he ain't a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Other Side Of This Coin? / Let's Talk About Online Flirting... / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.