Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person (1768 Views)

Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver / Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by suggyspic: 11:02am On Aug 15, 2014
I have done all i think possible to stop my daughter from using her left hand always, but she get worst the more i try. Culturally, i think its not accepted (my opinion) that's why am doing every thing possible to stop her at this tender age. Rumors have it that left handed people think with the right size of their brain. How true is this. please advise needed.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by bellong: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2014
Please I beg you in the name of whatever you worship, DO NOT CHANGE the child.

Search the internet and educate yourself. There's nothing wrong with left-handed people.

You will only succeed in destroying his/her development if you insist to carry out your plan.

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2014
If you were not ignorant and ill-informed, you would not be bent on chaning your child to a right-hand expert.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2014
There's nothing wrong in being left handed. Infact I admire left handed peeps. They trained their hands to use tools designed for the right handed, and as such they turn out smarter. Stopping your daughter will affect her psychologically. Trust me Just let her be.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Pls leave her alone, left handed people are usually very intelligent.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Chiefupper: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2014
just don't let her use the left hand to eat and when she wants to collect or give somebody something and finally when she wants to carry Holy book, others she is free to use any hand she likes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by bellong: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2014
Chiefupper: just don't let her use the left hand to eat and when she wants to collect or give somebody something and finally when she wants to carry Holy book, others she is free to use any hand she likes

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chiefupper: just don't let her use the left hand to eat and when she wants to collect or give somebody something and finally when she wants to carry Holy book, others she is free to use any hand she likes
what is wrong with eating with left hand for God sake! Pls stop giving bad advice

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by uboma(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
suggyspic: I have done all i think possible to stop my daughter from using her left hand always, but she get worst the more i try. Culturally, i think its not accepted (my opinion) that's why am doing every thing possible to stop her at this tender age. Rumors have it that left handed people think with the right size of their brain. How true is this. please advise needed.

Your daughter is perfectly normal for making use of her left hand. If you really trace it, it could be that extended family members from either you or your hubby were left handers, hence the case of hereditary comes in valid. Please do not try to stop her from using her left hand, in fact encourage her to make use of both hands if she can. Do you know that we have a lot of successfully individuals who are left handers?

Please read through the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1853445/right-handedness-vs-left-handedness

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by uboma(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2014

Your height of ignorance knows no bounds. What is wrong with holding the Holy Book with the left hand

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Godmystrength: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Why do you want to stop her? Please just let her be. It is not a crime.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Chiefupper: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
uboma:

Your height of ignorance knows no bounds. What is wrong with holding the Holy Book with the left hand
sorry I didn't remember some silly being like you who have desecrated their Holy book just because of little or no knowledge about it
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by uboma(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chiefupper: sorry I didn't remember some silly being like you who have desecrated their Holy book just because of little or no knowledge about it

So according to you, Holier than thou, anyone holding the Holy Book with the left hand is desecrating it? So if I'm going to Church and I decide to swap my Bible from my right hand to the left, I have no respect for the Bible? How about someone that was born without the right hand and can only make use of the left hand in carrying things including the Holy Book, has he no respect for Bible too? Our Creator took time in creating us and everything he made both living and non-living is beautiful in His eyes. So stop judging because its not in your place to do that.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by worry359(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
[size=14pt]Very, Very, Very important!
It is a scientific FACT well known in civilized countries
that forcing a child who is left handed to change
results in them stammering and stuttering!
[/size]

Stop all your tribal / jungle mentality now!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Tantidora(f): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
worry359: [size=14pt]Very, Very, Very important!
It is a scientific FACT well known in civilized countries
that forcing a child who is left handed to change
results in them stammering and stuttering!
[/size]

Stop all your tribal / jungle mentality now!

yea
(ma parents) .........
The deed has be done

@ op dnt force her,
am living testimony of thiss act

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by davidif: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Tantidora:

yea
(ma parents) .........
The deed has be done

@ op dnt force her,
am living testimony of thiss act

Are you serious?? Please tell me you are joking right?
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Chiefupper: 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
uboma:

So according to you, Holier than thou, anyone holding the Holy Book with the left hand is desecrating it? So if I'm going to Church and I decide to swap my Bible from my right hand to the left, I have no respect for the Bible? How about someone that was born without the right hand and can only make use of the left hand in carrying things including the Holy Book, has he no respect for Bible too? Our Creator took time in creating us and everything he made both living and non-living is beautiful in His eyes. So stop judging because its not in your place to do that.
OK, have you ever ask yourself why it is not advisable to eat with left hand or most importantly, to give or collect anything from an elders with left hand.... I think our Creator deserves better what any of His creatures deserve. Besides there are enough backings in my own religion (Islam ).thanks
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
70% of all American presidents including obama are left Handed. leave the poor child alone
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please leave that child alone! That's what she's comfortable with. Why not make her ambidextrous instead of enforcing your "inherited" cultural beliefs on her. The earlier you start shedding some of the unhelpful beliefs you have imbibed, the better for you sis. Please research more on left handed people so you are well informed to defend her from culturally-stiffed people who think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by delpee(f): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
My left handed relatives are very intelligent. The one who was forced to change is the only dull one. It runs in the family and there's nothing wrong with it. Read a lot about it to understand better. Meanwhile, leave her alone!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Tantidora(f): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
davidif:

Are you serious?? Please tell me you are joking right?

yea
am serious
i could while remember ma mum almost blind b'cos i use my left hand to hold a knife whilst chopin green leaves ....
Wil never forget it oooo
it a story for another day oo
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by baby124: 2:30am On Aug 16, 2014
If your type comes near any of my children who may be left handed, you will regret your life that day. Lol. Very funny comment

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by baby124: 2:34am On Aug 16, 2014
If your type comes near any of my children who may be left handed, you will regret your life that day. You will be the type who will not mind their business and will try to enforce these ridiculous beliefs picked from air on others . Lol. Very funny comment
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by soulglo: 4:26am On Aug 16, 2014
baby124:
If your type comes near any of my children who may be left handed, you will regret your life that day. You will be the type who will not mind their business and will try to enforce these ridiculous beliefs picked from air on others . Lol. Very funny comment

Seriously. People are just ignorant

OP slap yourself

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by dresiri(m): 5:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Being left handed means that the right hemisphere of your brain is more dominant, but there is not a thing wrong with that. Ur kid is beautiful and amazing, just the way she is, so let her be...
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by uboma(m): 6:30am On Aug 16, 2014
lofty900: 70% of all American presidents including obama are left Handed. leave the poor child alone

We don't even need to leave the shores of Nigeria. Our Lagos state Governor Fashola is a lefty, our Vice President Namadi Sambo is also a lefty. The list goes on and on. Being a left handed person will deprive you of success in Life's journeys.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 16, 2014
Your child is telling you that she has a dominant right brain. If you are really worried about her, maybe you should use this opportunity to get her interested early in reading, writing, and drawing to hone in her eventual creative nature. Just remember, as she grows up she will be asking so many questions about life, because as a lefty, it has to visually connect in her mind. Don't get frustrated with her questions. If you don't know it, please research it and tell her. Don't just tell her, explain the reason behind the answer. If you follow this, you may end up with a very creative and innovative child as the days go by. Just know this, the right side of the brain is the creative side of the brain and this is the dominant side in your child. Sometimes she may act like a dreamer, but it is because she is questioning the reason we do things in this life. Please don't squash the dream. Please let her be. This is from a left/mixed-handedness individual to whom life is still a theater.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by damiso(f): 8:07am On Aug 16, 2014
That's who she is and like someone else said the best you can do is help her to be ambidextrous (even that sef is not necessary).

Imagine someone forcing you to use your left hand for everything? If you put yourself in that situation you will understand what you are trying to force her to do.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by worry359(m): 8:28am On Aug 16, 2014
damiso: That's who she is and like someone else said the best you can do is help her to be ambidextrous (even that sef is not necessary).
Imagine someone forcing you to use your left hand for everything? If you put yourself in that situation you will understand what you are trying to force her to do.
Unfortunatly the poster "does NOT understand!"
She is fixed into old tribal thoughts.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Dainy1(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2014
pls let her use her left hand.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by Chiefupper: 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
baby124:
to hell with you and your family, have I ever advertise to you that I'm a baby sitter? I'm left -handed too and I love it but I thank my parent for telling me not to eat with it and never give elders anything with left hand but other things I use left hand and I abide by it up till now so what's the fuss?. in fact I'm left -footed too!
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Been A Left Handed Person by bece: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
what is wrong with eating with left hand what is wrong with carrying the Holy book with left hand
my daughter is 8 and she is left handed she is one of the smartest in her school. my baby is left t handed smart and pretty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fantastic - She Creates Her Dream House With Four Shipping Containers / Nigerian Mother And Her Twin Grown Daughters Looking Like Sisters (photo) / How To Position Yourself As A Single Trying To Get Married To The Right Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.