Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? (23471 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Davidoff2000: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
I am recently married..if one year six months is recent. I dated my wife for a few years before marrying her, last year. She is not born again per se, but very churchy and religious. She always says that they (who ever they are, I don't know) have always told her that she has a calling for God....fine

She likes going to church and always likes pastors 'wey dey see road' meaning pastors who often prophesy...prophets and the like.

Now that we haven't had a child yet, she often goes to church- quite a few different churches if i might add or sees different pastors often on the recommendation of family members or friends...and all of them keep giving her prophecies, bulk of which are not good.

"Its someone in your husband's family, thats responsible, its your husband's step mother, (whom she has never met). Now only recently, by yet another pastor: "its one girl ur husband dated and didnt marry that is the cause of ur predicament...."

"Your first issue going to be a boy but that scorned girl has bewitched you and locked your womb, and untll you and your husband come for deliverance, you can't conceive.

And to the best of my knowledge there is no girl i promised marriage up to that serious level that i disappointed...yet she says two different pastors have said the same thing.

I feel all these are works of charlatans and I tell her if i was to consult prophets too...they will tell me its her own mother, her uncle or her family member that is the cause.

I feel if she keeps listening to all these so called pastors, they will develop a siege mentality in her that will make her start looking at everyone around us with suspicion.

The same pastor that told her about me disappointing a girl also said there's some one in our compound that doesnt like her(my wife) and she should start being careful how or where she (my wife) spreads her clothes...A compound of few people and 6 flats..3flats of which are empty at the moment with only 7 other grown ups, 3 other wives inclusive.

We have a problem with one of the families just a lady with a bad character, but who cant and wont go to any diabolical route to do us bad...I told my wife that so because of what that pastor told her now, she will start thinking this woman wants to harm her?

That's the sort of siege mentality these prophesies can engender in her.

So question now is- how should i handle this? Should I stop her from seeing these pastors? Or stop her from going to church? Since i always encourage her to go though am not the church type myself...Or go for deliverance to one of these her 'obviously' fake pastors or pastors with inaccurate prophecies.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by holatin(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Man of God.
That. d problem affecting Africa this days, we put too much credit to pastor than God himself.
Pray by yourself, God will hear you.
Even some of first class sinner like me fit better pass pastors in God eyes.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by naijaboiy: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
personally,,i'll stop her from seeing such pastors...

That's how they deceive people with their fake prophecies these days.

I just pity the gullible nigerians who fall for it.

Your wife should stop listening to such 'prophecies' and face the reality of life. undecided

How about going to the hospital to check if there is any medical problem?

BTW,,a year and half isn't really that long to be ill over the lack of a child...

40 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Tallesty1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
A pastor may father your first child if you are not careful.

234 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by ammyluv2002(f): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2014

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by ammyluv2002(f): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dude, you have to handle this matter ASAP! Stopping her from going to church doesn't make sense sha but I really don't know what to advise you to do.

I pray she doesn't learn the hard way cause those 'pastors' aren't smiling grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Missmossy(f): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Stopping her from going to church isn't the ish, you both need to set your priorities right and have a long talk on the issue as its something of urgency.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by uboma(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
There is really nothing you can do to make her stop visiting these so called 'men of god'. The more you try, the more she will heed their voices and one day she will come back to accuse you as being responsible for her inability to take in.

Try reasonning with her from time to time that it is God who blesses the fruit of the womb and nothing anyone anywhere can do to prevent that. The both of you should visit a qualified medical expert and run a fertility test. If all checks out well, advise her to take her mind off the issue of getting pregnant for now. Sometimes the mind (if not checked) can overwhelm one on certain issues....

One year and six months is still early for your wife to get so worked up on the issue of taking in. Good health and God's blessings on you and your wife @ op

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by pweetixandy: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
She is running up and down becos she wants a baby yea? Why aren't u running up and down with her? If u tell her to stop going to see pastors,she will not find it funny cos she might think u dnt take her thoughts and feelings seriously. U sir,shld not let her go alone,women are very religious. #okbye

11 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by uboma(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tallesty1:

very true but it could happen...

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by viczing(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
If you guys are medically certified that y'all system has no probs she shd wait on the lord and not all this her jumping from one ministry to the other, she can encounter probs by this her endeavours talk to her she has to calm herself down no need from 1 place to another.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Dani9ce(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
There are many fake pastors now, that lie to collect money from people and cause serious damage in a relationship. Mattew7:21-23. Tell to seek knowledge in the word of God. 2timothy2:15. Romans10:1-3.They will put fear into people so they can manipulate them. 2tim1:7. Habakuk2:2-4. Tell her to have faith in God. Mark10:27. Mark9:23. Hebrews11:1n6. 1john5:4. And search the scriptures herself if God can talk to pastors God can talk to her either. Tell her 2 seek God and not these fake pastors that put fear into her, tell her to pray for herself. Jeremaih33:3. There is nothing too hard for God to do. Jeremaih32:27, Genesis21:1. Tell to look for a bible teaching church to attend. Those pastors cannot give her a child God alone gives children so tell her when she seek God she will find him.proverb8:17,mattew7:7,amos5:4, luke11:10. I have a lot to say but go read this scriptures dat i have giving you and give it to her to read and pray your way out. Amos3:3.John10:9-

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by jmoore(m): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
You need to talk sense into her. That's the best way to stop her from seeing these fake pastors.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Dani9ce(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
God said in hosea4:6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Romans10:1-2, Daniel9:2,Joshua1:8,2timothy2:15. Don't let these fake pastors scatter your home. They will brainwash your wife. You better act fast now before your wife will start suspecting you too.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
there is this olive oil i got from mount jerico when i went for pilgrimage in judea. it works wonders. after my neighbour that has no child used it to fry egg she put to bed in a month time. pm me for more details

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by janvier27(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Run away from any pastor 'wey dey see road'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Oahray: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ehya... Religion is a delicate issue for many, and should be handled as such. Sorry to say, force would not work as she would assume it's the work of the devil trying to use you to stop her deliverance.

She just needs to be convinced that those people cannot truly help her. Look for a way to, or else a bad experience would. How about assuring her that you are ready to wait on God, but would like to try medical options if she's so desperate about it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
She should wise up.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by kennynelcon(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
She is just frustrated, and you are the best person to lighten her burden. Stopping her from seeing pastors won't help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by sommyblaze(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by flipboss(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
.if she must visit any where first... it should be a hospital. Why not encourage her, and both of you go see a doctor. Infertility is inability to concieve after one year of regular sexual intercourse.
Perhaps she's got some very 'ugly' past with medical implications and she's just trying to cover it up and play 'smart'

22 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by blemon44(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
my guy if you love your wife then you have to protect your family
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by tspun(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Persistent prophecy is a familiar way of
assuring the event. Please try and examine yourself properly.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by asodeboyede(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
You must understand that there are many wolfs in sheeps clothing!
There was a particular brother that was given a false prophecy that he would be the first to travel abroad in his family!
In view of this he began to sow in a fake land! Within 18months his younger brother broke the record, and he later realised the pastor was not even a pastor but a choir master in a far away church!
There are many psychological prophets out there; this is Africa, where someone that refuses your greetings would automatically fit-in to your watch list! Then hearing a prophecy about enemy, she immediately comes to mind!
Many a home has been destroyed cause of fake prophecies; and ladies are quick to hobnob with such wolves in the regalia of prophets!
My dear, warn your wife to desist, before you father a bastard or she becomes a third wife to DADDY!
WE STILL HAVE GENUINE PROPHETS AROUND!
Moreover this is END TIME
So expect shocking things that would spark your spine!

Do you even have any relationship with God?
ARE YOU A BEER HUSBAND OR BIBLE HUSBAND?
Man-up bro! Lead and let your wife follow!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by dhamstar(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
If you want to....The choice is yours....But be wise!
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by born2boink(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
No, he should wait till pastor impregnate the her, that will even make front page on nairaland. dem tell una say pastor na God or God no dey answer prayer by self

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by chibwike(m): 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by OCTAVO: 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by IYANGBALI: 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tallesty1:
with lot of other pastors as shareholders

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One man, One wife / Sleeping With Another Man's Wife. Good or bad? / My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.