Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State (38311 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / BREAKING: Another Nurse Dies Of Ebola In Lagos / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Decency75: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ada Zion, ga ije gi nke oma. we will all miss you. Umubo will remember you.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Bryan12(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
jesuslovesme123: This is truly sad. Another unnecessary death, brought about by the reactive nature of a weak and ineffective government.
Must you guys blame everything on the government??haba

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by JuanDeDios: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1: What of the stupid one that defied Doctors orders, escaped, and ran to Enugu? You would have thought she should know better given all the medical training she's had!
Yeah. I hope she survives but they should make sure they withdraw her license or, at least, suspend it for six months. She appears unfit to be a health worker.
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
JuanDeDios:
Yeah. I hope she survives but they should make sure they withdraw her license or, at least, suspend it for six months. She appears unfit to be a health worker.

After reading how they are treated in quarantine,how she no go try to escape
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by moscobabs(m): 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Before life left Nurse Ejelonu, she was very vocal and outspoken, calling for the release of the experimental ZMapp drug for ebola victims. She never got it, and she finally died this morning. She was just 25. Died with her dreams, a future quashed. African scientists, are you still in existence? African leaders, when will your brains be activated? Africans, we keep constructing all sorts of buildings that add little to our productivity (if Félix Houphouët-Boigny is not wasting millions of dollars on a cathedral in Yamoussoukro, the dude wasted $300million on the world's largest church while his people lived in grinding poverty in the same city he sited his grandiose basilica, you will see the Yobe State Government wasting billions of naira on a mosque that will sit 100,000 worshippers, forget the fact that their children are begging on the streets and their women are dying in thousands during childbirth) but the things that really matter, hospitals, libraries, research & development centres, astronomical observatories, recreational parks, we never build those. An American doctor who also got infected got the experimental drug and he is doing fine now because the scientists and leaders in their own country have their brains and they make good use of their mental resources. Until Africans realize that we need to get our lazy asses to the laboratories and make the most creative use of our brains in the fullest manner, nothing will change. If you work for my company and you are caught sleeping at work because you attended a vigil or asalatu over night, I will personally FIRE YOU. You can then go back to your prayer camp or moshalashi and collect your salary! We need to change our mindset and be realistic. This lady's death is needless. Only if as Nigerians, we were very proactive and had developed our own stock of experimental drugs. Our president too carried his hat all the way to Washington to meet Obama, ebola drug, he no fit collect come home, na to dey queue for back for photo. And as we are shouting ebola now, I am sure the Federal Ministry of Health is not preparing for the next epidemic of another exotic disease. We are never prepared. Oga Jona was calling Sawyerr mad for bringing ebola to Nigeria. The egunje customs and immigration that allowed him enter without screening nko? Are they not crazy as well?

11 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by AhmedB: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
RIP and may God help us
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by C0llynz0ii: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
leksgcfr: So sad after much effort.
I though the Lagos governor, Fashola, siad they were responding to treatment. Ebola , you no do gud ooo
Everything about Fashola is propaganda, he uses everything for that purpose.
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by JuanDeDios: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
babyosisi:

After reading how they are treated in quarantine,how she no go try to escape
That's an important point. But escaping and travelling hundreds of kilometers to mingle with friends and family doesn't seem wise or professional even under those circumstances. Bad governance seems to be our lot in Nigeria but we still have to make the best of things.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by MrT2011(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1: What of the stupid one that defied Doctors orders, escaped, and ran to Enugu? You would have thought she should know better given all the medical training she's had!

Please my dear nwunne, watch your comment! For spiritual sake.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by otokx(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
It was just yesterday the relatives complained of lack of medical care at the quarintine center and today another has died.
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Janetozi(f): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
It was one day that we started hearing of Ebola, some of us started hearing of Ebola just 4 months ago.

Nothing is permanent, Ebola have not been from the beginning & like a season that comes and go, Ebola will go and come no more.

If not for that devil incarnate, "patrick sawyer" Nigerians would only be hearing of ebola in other country and not experience it and people would have been relocating to Nigerian and other country that is free from the virus for safety, but we are now looking for a safe country with other affected country for safety.

If only our government are active and wise, quick to take action the story would have been different.

Mr sawyer fooled a whole country, but he will not fooled God to make his way into heaven.

God will punish his generation, both born and unborn.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by rawtruth(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigeria and Nigerians took things for granted so we are paying for the indolence. Ebola was killing hundreds in our neighbouring west African countries yet we never deemed it fit to enlighten the population of its possible spread to the country. It still remains a puzzle that Mr Sawyer wasn't isolated at the airport despite the obvious signs he showed on his arrival at the airport. It is even more disturbing that the healthcare providers at the First Consultant failed to remember that such might be related to an ebola attack-for them to be more cautious in handling him. I believe he was handled the way they attend to malaria patients. We pray it doesn't go wilder than it is presently.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
jesuslovesme123: This is truly sad. Another unnecessary death, brought about by the reactive nature of a weak and ineffective government.
God bless you !! .... Only God how many Janjawee like sawyer has managed into Nigeria in and out !!

I wish Nigerian Government can change for better just for this single woman who died rescuing someone's life !!
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by MrT2011(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
JuanDeDios:

Blacks must definitely come from Hell! lipsrsealed

Imagine your thought! undecided

Think Love wink

1 Like

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by volihove: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
I hate nigerians I hate my skin tone why did God hv to put me with this race? They find it hard to understand. The only race that has choose nt to evole

Read the op post nd notice we are all in trouble for evry day u live knw u got another 21days to live

Hw can somby being watch escape to enuge?
It shows the highest level of unseriousness ,lack of value for human life and to crown it incompetent government and people.

And we are here drop rip like its nothing.

Did u guys read her face book comment?

We should be asking serious questions nd demanding answers.

I am afraid for nigeria, nt because of corruption but because of the weak minds that are everywhere , pack of lazy minds
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by jagaban1: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
leksgcfr: So sad after much effort.
I though the Lagos governor, Fashola, siad they were responding to treatment. Ebola , you no do gud ooo

IF GEJ HAS TAKEN PROACTIVE MEASURE AS FASHOLA DID IT WON'T HAVE GOTTEN UP TO THIS STAGE.
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by tosinhtml: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
moscobabs:
Before life left Nurse Ejelonu, she was very vocal and outspoken, calling for the release of the experimental ZMapp drug for ebola victims. She never got it, and she finally died this morning. She was just 25. Died with her dreams, a future quashed. African scientists, are you still in existence? African leaders, when will your brains be activated? Africans, we keep constructing all sorts of buildings that add little to our productivity (if Félix Houphouët-Boigny is not wasting millions of dollars on a cathedral in Yamoussoukro, the dude wasted $300million on the world's largest church while his people lived in grinding poverty in the same city he sited his grandiose basilica, you will see the Yobe State Government wasting billions of naira on a mosque that will sit 100,000 worshippers, forget the fact that their children are begging on the streets and their women are dying in thousands during childbirth) but the things that really matter, hospitals, libraries, research & development centres, astronomical observatories, recreational parks, we never build those. An American doctor who also got infected got the experimental drug and he is doing fine now because the scientists and leaders in their own country have their brains and they make good use of their mental resources. Until Africans realize that we need to get our lazy asses to the laboratories and make the most creative use of our brains in the fullest manner, nothing will change. If you work for my company and you are caught sleeping at work because you attended a vigil or asalatu over night, I will personally FIRE YOU. You can then go back to your prayer camp or moshalashi and collect your salary! We need to change our mindset and be realistic. This lady's death is needless. Only if as Nigerians, we were very proactive and had developed our own stock of experimental drugs. Our president too carried his hat all the way to Washington to meet Obama, ebola drug, he no fit collect come home, na to dey queue for back for photo. And as we are shouting ebola now, I am sure the Federal Ministry of Health is not preparing for the next epidemic of another exotic disease. We are never prepared. Oga Jona was calling Sawyerr mad for bringing ebola to Nigeria. The egunje customs and immigration that allowed him enter without screening nko? Are they not crazy as well?

Your reply is good but also Biased as well, Whats your problem with religion exactly ? Couldn't you just make a good statement and remove religion out of it.

If someone donated money to anywhere, question is...Is it your money? , Why you dey vex?
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by uzoexcel(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
gbam...i tried telln some naija frds here this and the only reply i get is 'oyibo done dey enter ur head' . methinks there is something ineptly wrong with the black DNA which makes us susceptible to 'unreasonability'
u tell a nigger about ebola and the next thing is 'its not my portion', 'i rebuke it it in Jesus name', 'God forbid', 'i will prevent it by taking hjoly communion twice a day','i plead the blood of Jesus against ebola','maybe it was their time to die'.. bla bla bla... i hear this kind of comments with disbelief and i get so so so sad. sad sad sad sad

moscobabs:
Before life left Nurse Ejelonu, she was very vocal and outspoken, calling for the release of the experimental ZMapp drug for ebola victims. She never got it, and she finally died this morning. She was just 25. Died with her dreams, a future quashed. African scientists, are you still in existence? African leaders, when will your brains be activated? Africans, we keep constructing all sorts of buildings that add little to our productivity[b] (if Félix Houphouët-Boigny is not wasting millions of dollars on a cathedral in Yamoussoukro, the dude wasted $300million on the world's largest church while his people lived in grinding poverty in the same city he sited his grandiose basilica[/b], you will see the Yobe State Government wasting billions of naira on a mosque that will sit 100,000 worshippers, forget the fact that their children are begging on the streets and their women are dying in thousands during childbirth) but the things that really matter, hospitals, libraries, research & development centres, astronomical observatories, recreational parks, we never build those. An American doctor who also got infected got the experimental drug and he is doing fine now because the scientists and leaders in their own country have their brains and they make good use of their mental resources. Until Africans realize that we need to get our lazy asses to the laboratories and make the most creative use of our brains in the fullest manner, nothing will change. If you work for my company and you are caught sleeping at work because you attended a vigil or asalatu over night, I will personally FIRE YOU. You can then go back to your prayer camp or moshalashi and collect your salary! We need to change our mindset and be realistic. This lady's death is needless. Only if as Nigerians, we were very proactive and had developed our own stock of experimental drugs. Our president too carried his hat all the way to Washington to meet Obama, ebola drug, he no fit collect come home, na to dey queue for back for photo. And as we are shouting ebola now, I am sure the Federal Ministry of Health is not preparing for the next epidemic of another exotic disease. We are never prepared. Oga Jona was calling Sawyerr mad for bringing ebola to Nigeria. The egunje customs and immigration that allowed him enter without screening nko? Are they not crazy as well?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bryan12: Must you guys blame everything on the government??haba

When the govermnent is to blame for everything, the government gets blamed for everything.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by roufy235(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
RIP
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Am I imagining it?

Wasn't this story on the Front page yesterday?
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by 3kay945(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Uhmm. From the account of relative and doctors lamenting neglect on the side of government,.. It is sad as the infected die one after the other. cry
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
volihove: I hate nigerians I hate my skin tone why did God hv to put me with this race? They find it hard to understand. The only race that has choose nt to evole
Read the op post nd notice we are all in trouble for evry day u live knw u got another 21days to live
Hw can somby being watch escape to enuge?
It shows the highest level of unseriousness ,lack of value for human life and to crown it incompetent government and people.
And we are here drop rip like its nothing.
Did u guys read her face book comment?
We should be asking serious questions nd demanding answers.
I am afraid for nigeria, nt because of corruption but because of the weak minds that are everywhere , pack of lazy minds

Nigeria is in trouble, very big one. The kind of comments here on this thread make me wonder what the future holds for this long lost generation. I tell ya!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Bigcake: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sweetlemon: Abasi mbok!
Iyammi, adodieh?
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
this just proves that nigeria has not got the capability to manage this disease; a disaster is on our hands; i and my family have been forced to take a forced relocation back to norway, my adopted country, until this madness dies down.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by baoku: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Critical clinical condition. Doctors are dead,nurses are sick,and the patient keep coming. God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Flygerian1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
R.I.P
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thank God, I have resigned; Nigerian government is not ready to protect us the health workers from this scourge
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by richeso: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
arsetalks: what are you suppose to do with the list and their names? So as to stigmatise them? Think before you post on here abeg.

Ok forget their names. give us the numbers. [size=20pt]I WANT TO HEAR THE NUMBERS THAT ARE FREED. IT HAS TO BE ANNOUNCED AS WELL[/size]. darm it!!!
Re: Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State by cyara(f): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Its a pity Aunty Justina rest in peace. We will miss you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? / Man Dies In Lagos Beach While On Valentine’s Day Love Feast With His Friends / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says FG's Mission To Kogi Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.