Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. (4164 Views)

'...know Thyself, For Ye Are Gods! / You Are Egiptians, You Are Gods / "ye Are Gods". . . Gods Of Money Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Nothing will be very proud of you grin grin undecided

Tell that to Mohammed grin

2 Likes

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Rilwayne001: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
rationalmind:

Tell that to Mohammed grin

And you should tell that to your brother that you shared ancestor with grin grin grin

Remember?

ThebigUrban2 grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
Joshthefirst: 4 is wrong for Pete's sake. Especially the bolded.

This is laughable coming from someone who should know a lot about microbiology.
In fact, manipulating the body's biochemistry for their own benefit is exactly what all microbial flora do.
How can you ever deny that?

Let me ask you, does a virus manipulate the host cell's dna for it's own benefit?
Pls answer.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
plaetton:

This is laughable coming from someone who should know a lot about microbiology.
In fact, manipulating the body's biochemistry for their own benefit is exactly what all microbial flora do.
How can you ever deny that?

Let me ask you, does a virus manipulate the host cell's dna for it's own benefit?
Pls answer.
We talk about the bodie's NATURAL microflora here, not pathogenic viral cells. I have summarized simply the relationship between the body and these bacteria. The brain relies on some of their products to sustain neural processes, and the body has taken advantage of their 'prescence' to help in the manifestation of some genes and so on. Of course, there are cases where things go wrong sometimes, resulting in abnormal mental or physical conditions, which can sometimes be treated. (Edited)

For you to say that they willingly interfere with our conscious choices, actually leading us to take actions for their benefits is idiotic and laughable on a grand scale. I cannot even believe i am having this conversation with a so called learned man. This is what happens when people try to subjectively twist scientific facts to match their beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joshthefirst: We talk about the bodie's NATURAL microflora here, not pathogenic viral cells. I have summarized simply the relationship between the body and these bacteria. The brain relies on some of their products to sustain neural processes, and the body has taken advantage of their 'prescence' to help in the manifestation of some genes and so on. Of course, there are cases where things go wrong sometimes, resulting in abnormal psychological and mental conditions, which can be treated.

For you to say that they willingly interfere with our conscious choices, actually leading us to take actions for their benefits is idiotic and laughable on a grand scale. I cannot even believe i am having this conversation with a so called learned man. This is what happens when people try to subjectively twist scientific facts to match their beliefs.

Big laugh .
The thing about you Josh, which I have mentioned severally, is that you say one thing in one sentence, and then contradict it with a second sentence.

Here, for example, you agree that they influence mental development, immunity , as well as susceptibility to certain diseases, notably neurological malfunctions, yet in another sentence you are denying the logically obvious fact that they therefore interfere with our body chemistry for their own survival needs, and in the process influence our social behavior.

Be careful with your choice of words. I have been patient with you. angry
You are setting up yourself for a BIG BUTTHURT. cool

We will soon see who is being idiotic in this issue.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
plaetton:

Big laugh .
The thing about you Josh, which I have mentioned severally, is that you say one thing in one sentence, and then contradict it with a second sentence.

Here, for example, you agree that they influence mental development, immunity , as well as susceptibility to certain diseases, notably neurological malfunctions, yet in another sentence you are denying the LOGICALLY OBVIOUS fact that they therefore interfere with our body chemistry FOR THEIR OWN SURVIVAL NEEDS, and in the process influence our social behavior.

Be careful with your choice of words. I have been patient with you. angry
You are setting up yourself for a BIG BUTTHURT. cool

We will soon see who is being idiotic in this issue.
Nonsense. Lolz. Is this supposed to be a valid rebuttal?

grin

Notice how plaetton has begun to insert subtle words to try to buffer up his foolish conclusions.

One big question: how do these microbes influence the brain development and neurological processes?

Layman's Answer: They produce neurochemicals and aid in neural processes, they also produce substances that the body utilizes in the expression of certain genes.

Plaetton makes it look like these microbes deliberately regulate amounts of the beneficial substances they produce or directly influence our biochemical pathways for their own benefits

Idiotic and laughable.
Pathetic.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joshthefirst: Nonsense. Lolz. Is this supposed to be a valid rebuttal?

grin

Notice how plaetton has begun to insert subtle words to try to buffer up his foolish conclusions.

One big question: how do these microbes influence the brain development and neurological processes?

Layman's Answer: They produce neurochemicals and aid in neural processes, they also produce substances that the body utilizes in the expression of certain genes.

Plaetton makes it look like these microbes deliberately regulate amounts of the beneficial substances they produce or directly influence our biochemical pathways for their own benefits

Idiotic and laughable.
Pathetic.

By saying that they influence body chemistry means that they provide both beneficial and non-beneficial influences.
And they do either of these when it benefits them to do so.
You dietary likes and dislikes , for good example, are determined by your gut flora.

Joshthefirst:

Idiotic and laughable.
Pathetic.

Huh!
This is exactly what microbial flora do.

Oh migosh!!!

This is unbelievable, coming from someone who is supposed to be studying medicine.

Ok Josh. One more time. have you done your due diligence on this subject?

Because when I begin to cite references, you are going to be mightily embarrassed.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ok.
Here comes the first wave of butthurt for joshthefirst.

You stated that microbes do not deliberately manipulate our biochemistry for their own benefit. Right ?
You even called me derogatory names for suggesting so. Right?

Well, you are dead wrong, sir.
Never argue from a position of ignorance.

http://mpkb.org/home/pathogenesis/microbiota/interaction

Here are some important excerpts from the text:
Note the bolded in RED.

1. "The genomes and the respective proteomes of microbes in the body frequently interact with those expressed by their human hosts. This is a key part of what is know as the interactome. The “massive”1 co-occurrence of protein-coding genes between microbes and humans speaks to the survival advantage of such homology, and the extent to which sequence overlap may play a key role in disease. Indeed, manipulation of host cell fate and orchestrated choreography of inflammatory responses are recurrent themes in the strategies of microbial pathogens. 2 Bacteria affect host-cell pathways and human gene expression through a number of increasingly well-documented ways."

" Expanding on this work, Trost et al. performed a pentapeptide and hexapeptide analyses of sequence similarities between bacterial and human DNA.9 He demonstrated that there does not exist a single human protein that does not harbor a bacterial pentapeptide or hexapeptide motif; as the team writes, “not even one.”

3. Bacterial pathogens have used many clever strategies to exploit the interior of host cells to their benefit, by manipulating intracellular trafficking pathways or targeting specific intracellular niches. The challenge facing the cell-mediated immune system is to detect and eliminate these pathogens.

M.S. Glickman and E.G. Pamer 31

Conversely, harmful bacteria may deregulate genes mediating energy metabolism, and can produce toxins that mutate DNA, affecting the nervous and immune systems. The outcome is various forms of chronic disease, including obesity, diabetes and even cancers.32 33 34

Liping Zhao
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
^^^
Now, eat your own words joshthefirst ,so that we can move along on this thread.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by beejaay: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
plaetton: ^^^
Now, eat your own words joshthefirst ,so that we can move along on this thread.
josh we are waiting for your rebuttal. Plaeton 1, josh 0.

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by beejaay: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
plaetton: Ok.

You stated that microbes do not deliberately manipulate our biochemistry for their own benefit. Right ?

Note the bolded in RED.

1. "The genomes and the respective proteomes of microbes in the body frequently interact with those expressed by their human hosts. This is a key part of what is know as the interactome. The “massive”1 co-occurrence of protein-coding genes between microbes and humans speaks to the survival advantage of such homology, and the extent to which sequence overlap may play a key role in disease. Indeed, manipulation of host cell fate and orchestrated choreography of inflammatory responses are recurrent themes in the strategies of microbial pathogens. 2 Bacteria affect host-cell pathways and human gene expression through a number of increasingly well-documented ways."

" Expanding on this work, Trost et al. performed a pentapeptide and hexapeptide analyses of sequence similarities between bacterial and human DNA.9 He demonstrated that there does not exist a single human protein that does not harbor a bacterial pentapeptide or hexapeptide motif; as the team writes, “not even one.”

3. Bacterial pathogens have used many clever strategies to exploit the interior of host cells to their benefit, by manipulating intracellular trafficking pathways or targeting specific intracellular niches. The challenge facing the cell-mediated immune system is to detect and eliminate these pathogens.

Conversely, harmful bacteria may deregulate genes mediating energy metabolism, and can produce toxins that mutate DNA, affecting the nervous and immune systems. The outcome is various forms of chronic disease, including obesity, diabetes and even cancers.32 33 34

Liping Zhao

classical uppercut B-). I av always known that those stupid microbes av alot to do with our actions just that i dont av the luxury of time to read about them plus the medical jargons zapps me of vital energy.thanks for the link anyway

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:25am On Aug 18, 2014
To think that a simple antibiotic can kill God.

2 Likes

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
plaetton: Ok.

Note the bolded in RED.

Liping Zhao

You Sir, are foolish.

Your very excerpt exposes your foolishness

I made sure to explain that the body makes good use of its relationship with the natural microflora, except in imbalance during disease conditions, which can(or could) be treated clearly pointing out the stupidity in your assumption that at any moment in time we're all being influenced directly by the bacteria living within us.

You then bring up an article clearly confirming my point that during disease conditions(unusual conditions of unwellness), there is an imbalance, which causes disease.

And you think you have a pointpoint.
Another ignorant man is cheering you on. Well done sir.
You have truly proved me wrong.

Arrant nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 12:01am On Aug 19, 2014
Joshthefirst: You Sir, are foolish.

Your very excerpt exposes your foolishness

I made sure to explain that the body makes good use of its relationship with the natural microflora, except in imbalance during disease conditions, which can(or could) be treated clearly pointing out the stupidity in your assumption that at any moment in time we're all being influenced directly by the bacteria living within us.

You then bring up an article clearly confirming my point that during disease conditions(unusual conditions of unwellness), there is an imbalance, which causes disease.

And you think you have a pointpoint.
Another ignorant man is cheering you on. Well done sir.
You have truly proved me wrong.

Arrant nonsense.
Mr Einstein, the bone of contention here is not whether is no whether a relationship exist or not between the microbial flora or the body, or whether imbalances occur or not. No sir, that has long been agreed upon.

The bone of contention here, sir artful dodger, is the the microbes deliberately and choreographically MANIPULATE our body chemistry for their EXCLUSIVE BENEFIT.

The scientific article repeated that assertion many times. It is not even a subject of debate.
I can always excuse and pardon you for ignorance and empty-headed silliness, but I cannot excuse you for dishonestly, which you have clearly displayed thus far.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
plaetton:
Mr Einstein, the bone of contention here is not whether is no whether a relationship exist or not between the microbial flora or the body, or whether imbalances occur or not. No sir, that has long been agreed upon.

The bone of contention here, sir artful dodger, is the the microbes deliberately and choreographically MANIPULATE our body chemistry for their EXCLUSIVE BENEFIT.

The scientific article repeated that assertion many times. It is not even a subject of debate.
I can always excuse and pardon you for ignorance and empty-headed silliness, but I cannot excuse you for dishonestly, which you have clearly displayed thus far.

pathogens deliberately manipulate our body chemistry for their benefit. This results in disease conditions which the article clearly stated.

You are the one clearly being dishonest and obtuse
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Joshthefirst: pathogens deliberately manipulate our body chemistry for their benefit. This results in disease conditions which the article clearly stated.

You are the one clearly being dishonest and obtuse

Ha ha ha!

So you finally eat your own words after doing your belated homework?

Well then, I await your apology for all the insults.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Geophem(m): 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
sir, do ds microbe responsible, for stealing, raping, corruption, killing , giving alms or dy are only resposible for our body system which leads to disease...... Infact ar ds microbes responsible for ds ur write up and me deciding to read it.....?? Please answer me cozz my next questn might be too terrible for u to answer, if u ar scientific dn be logical

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Zikdik(m): 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Geophem: sir, do ds microbe responsible, for stealing, raping, corruption, killing , giving alms or dy are only resposible for our body system which leads to disease...... Infact ar ds microbes responsible for ds ur write up and me deciding to read it.....?? Please answer my next questn might be too terrible for u to answer, if u ar scientific dn be logical
What is this one saying?
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:58am On Aug 20, 2014
plaetton:

Ha ha ha!

So you finally eat your own words after doing your belated homework?

Well then, I await your apology for all the insults.

What are you talking about for Pete's sake?
Smh.

Are the natural microflora taking residence in our bodies all pathogens? Or are they natural microbes the body has formed a beneficial relationship with?

Answer directly please. No dodging.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Geophem(m): 6:13am On Aug 20, 2014
Zikdik:
What is this one saying?
another deluded fellow
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by kevoh(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2014
Interesting/Intelligent read up! Subscribing to thread immediately. MOD please, don't take this to frontpage ooo before lowlifes and trolls take over.

AlfaSeltzer: To think that a simple antibiotic can kill God.

Hahhaha cheesy That's another way of seeing plaetton's opinion on the topic.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2014
@plaetton

1. Are these microbes intelligent?

2. Are these microbes conscious?

3. What level of social organisation do these microbes exhibit? Hive mind? Polygamous? Monogamous?
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Joshthefirst:

What are you talking about for Pete's sake?
Smh.

Are the natural microflora taking residence in our bodies all pathogens? Or are they natural microbes the body has formed a beneficial relationship with?

Answer directly please. No dodging.

No, mo.ro. n.

No one ever said or implied that.

What is the definition of a pathogen?

A pathogen is a biological agent that causes disease or illness to its host.

If you had any comprehension skills , you would have understood from my second post that the body is an entire ecosystem of microbial flora.
In kindergarten language, an ecosystem means that it includes many many diverse varieties and cultures of microbes, including the good, the bad and the ugly. I also said that they exhibit social behavior that include peace and harmony, as well as conflicts and wars.
If you had understood that part, you would not be asking daft questions.

Oh my Gosh.

I am sooo tired of this senseless argument .
I have really exhausted my patience with you on this , and I am realizing that you either very daft or very dishonest, or both.

First, without reading or thinking, you fire insults at me, then later you agree to everything that I have written, things that are not simply my opinions , but are scientifically observed facts.
But rather than humble yourself, your daft ego continues to carry you on a merry-go-round.
At the end of the day , you are actually arguing with yourself, against yourself.

No wonder you fail your exams.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
LordReed: @plaetton

1. Are these microbes intelligent?

2. Are these microbes conscious?

3. What level of social organisation do these microbes exhibit? Hive mind? Polygamous? Monogamous?

I will let you answer those questions.

The relevant points here is that they outnumber your body cells by 10 to 1.
They mix their DNA with yours.
They cleverly and choreographically manipulate your body chemistry to suit themselves.
They affect mental development, as well as immunity to certain diseases. Many many diseases , including neurological disorders are now being associated with their activities.

If all the above are true, then a smart fella like you should be able to imagine the kind and degree of influence these 100 trillion gods ,that make up more than 90% of your body cells, should exert on you,your will and your volition.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
plaetton:

I will let you answer those questions.

The relevant points here is that they outnumber your body cells by 10 to 1.
They mix their DNA with yours.
They cleverly and choreographically manipulate your body chemistry to suit themselves.
They affect mental development, as well as immunity to certain diseases. Many many diseases , including neurological disorders are now being associated with their activities.

If all the above are true, then a smart fella like you should be able to imagine the kind and degree of influence these 100 trillion gods ,that make up more than 90% of your body cells, should exert on you,your will and your volition.

Yes I will answer the question since you've decided to go on the dodge.

The microbes are not intelligent, they are not conscious and they exhibit an agglomeration that is barely worth calling a social structure.

So how is an intelligent, conscious creature exhibiting elaborate social structures supposed to be mimicking an unintelligent, unconscious creature?

I think your confusion lies in the fact that scientists use anthropomorphisms when referring to these microbes so it makes it look like they're organising consciously or intelligently. Their influence on us is not that of a puppeteer behind the scenes. Why is it that despite all their influence we still ingest antibiotics?

Man is greater than the sum of his parts that is why we have what we call free will so you can ignore many influences even the ones in your body. Call it an illusion but I'm hard pressed to see any slavery to these microbes.

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
LordReed:

Yes I will answer the question since you've decided to go on the dodge.

The microbes are not intelligent, they are not conscious and they exhibit an agglomeration that is barely worth calling a social structure.

So how is an intelligent, conscious creature exhibiting elaborate social structures supposed to be mimicking an unintelligent, unconscious creature?

I think your confusion lies in the fact that scientists use anthropomorphisms when referring to these microbes so it makes it look like they're organising consciously or intelligently. Their influence on us is not that of a puppeteer behind the scenes. Why is it that despite all their influence we still ingest antibiotics?

Man is greater than the sum of his parts that is why we have what we call free will so you can ignore many influences even the ones in your body. Call it an illusion but I'm hard pressed to see any slavery to these microbes.

You see , Lord read.
There is something I clearly do not understand about people like you who seem intelligent. undecided

Now, you can argue about opinion, my opinion. That is fine and encouraged.
But , if you are going to argue against scientifically established facts, then the onus is on you to first of all show the incorrectness or contradict the scientific findings, or , you can show your own research or cite others that proves them wrong.

I really get frustrated when someone tries to use his own ill-informed religiously jaundiced opinion to attack a scientifically established fact.
How do you do that?

If you had spent even 10 minutes on google beforehand, you wouldn't have posted the kind of ill-informed nonsense above .

I really don't know what else to say to you.
I tire.

Your first set of questions were juvenile, in light of all the facts already presented.

Whether microbes are conscious, intelligent(whatever that means to you), etc was not part of my op.

My Op is that they are far greater in number than even our own body cells, and that their influences on our biological and and social lives (our will and volitions) are extremely great, far far greater than the average person could imagine.
That is a non-debatable scientifically established fact.
Simple , simple!

Perhaps your mind is too opaque to even consider that microscopic organisms, in their very short lifespans, could, over the billions of yours of their existence, evolve a social structure.

I really cannot understand you guys who live to fight science, even while availing yourselves all the products of scientific progress.

I shake my head.

In conclusion, You are very very free to challenge scientific facts, BUT please do so in a scientific manner, not through ill-informed nonsensical opinion.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by LordReed(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
plaetton:

You see , Lord read.
There is something I clearly do not understand about people like you who seem intelligent. undecided

Now, you can argue about opinion, my opinion. That is fine and encouraged.
But , if you are going to argue against scientifically established facts, then the onus is on you to first of all show the incorrectness or contradict the scientific findings, or , you can show your own research or cite others that proves them wrong.

I really get frustrated when someone tries to use his own ill-informed religiously jaundiced opinion to attack a scientifically established fact.
How do you do that?

If you had spent even 10 minutes on google beforehand, you wouldn't have posted the kind of ill-informed nonsense above .

I really don't know what else to say to you.
I tire.

Your first set of questions were juvenile, in light of all the facts already presented.

Whether microbes are conscious, intelligent(whatever that means to you), etc was not part of my op.

My Op is that they are far greater in number than even our own body cells, and that their influences on our biological and and social lives (our will and volitions) are extremely great, far far greater than the average person could imagine.
That is a non-debatable scientifically established fact.
Simple , simple!

Perhaps your mind is too opaque to even consider that microscopic organisms, in their very short lifespans, could, over the billions of yours of their existence, evolve a social structure.

I really cannot understand you guys who live to fight science, even while availing yourselves all the products of scientific progress.

I shake my head.

In conclusion, You are very very free to challenge scientific facts, BUT please do so in a scientific manner, not through ill-informed nonsensical opinion.

Your anti-religious bigotry is putting blinkers on your mind such that you are incapable of reasoning like a normal human being.

Dummy I am challenging your stufid opinion not scientific fact. Did the scientists ever state that we are mimicking the microbes?

Gosh honestly you are such a bigot! I never mentioned anything about religion or whatnot only for you be attacking my personality. You must be suffering from a persecution complex because nowhere in my post did I attack science. I challenged your nonsensical conclusions (which you are fond of doing). You come here to say things science didn't say and when challenged you cry 'you hate science!' Grow up please.

My friend reason like a normal person and stop being a stufid bigot.

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
LordReed:

Your anti-religious bigotry is putting blinkers on your mind such that you are incapable of reasoning like a normal human being.

Dummy I am challenging your stufid opinion not scientific fact. Did the scientists ever state that we are mimicking the microbes?

Gosh honestly you are such a bigot! I never mentioned anything about religion or whatnot only for you be attacking my personality. You must be suffering from a persecution complex because nowhere in my post did I attack science. I challenged your nonsensical conclusions (which you are fond of doing). You come here to say things science didn't say and when challenged you cry 'you hate science!' Grow up please.

My friend reason like a normal person and stop being a stufid bigot.

Dummy, I don' think you know the meaning of bigotry.
I attack religious beliefs, the foundations of most silly religious beliefs, as do all non-religious people. I do not ever attack a person on the basis of religion.

Again if you had ANY comprehension skills or any iota of common sense, you would have realized that when I used the "mimmick" , I used it in rhetorical question to ask whether we are mimicking them or they are mimicking us? You are not smart enough to comprehend and think about such a rhetorical question before blasting off into your sillyland.

Everyone is welcome with an opinion, but gosh, this repeating pattern of arguing for the sake of arguing, and from a position of ignorance is what I can never really understand.

There is absolutely nothing controversial about the things I have posted on this thread.
All information is in the PUBLIC DOMAIN, for pete's sake.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by LordReed(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
plaetton:

Dummy, I don' think you know the meaning of bigotry.
I attack religious beliefs, the foundations of most silly religious beliefs, as do all non-religious people. I do not ever attack a person on the basis of religion.

Again if you had ANY comprehension skills or any iota of common sense, you would have realized that when I used the "mimmick" , I used it in rhetorical question to ask whether we are mimicking them or they are mimicking us? You are not smart enough to comprehend and think about such a rhetorical question before blasting off into your sillyland.

Everyone is welcome with an opinion, but gosh, this repeating pattern of arguing for the sake of arguing, and from a position of ignorance is what I can never really understand.

There is absolutely nothing controversial about the things I have posted on this thread.
All information is in the PUBLIC DOMAIN, for pete's sake.

Yes you are freaking bigot because my post mentioned nothing of religion but you come back at me with:

"I really get frustrated when someone tries to use his own ill-informed religiously jaundiced opinion to attack a scientifically established fact.
How do you do that?"

Is this not a clear case of bigotry?

Dundi, do you know the meaning of rhetorical? Lemme spell it out for you:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in
the form of a question that is asked in order
to make a point.

So what stufid point were you making wiseass?

Remove that stufid anti-religious bigotry blinker in your damned head when next you are replying to a simple post. And grow up, shouting "you hate science" anytime you are challenged is so kindergarten.

1 Like

Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by HFOG(f): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
LordReed:

Yes you are freaking bigot because my post mentioned nothing of religion but you come back at me with:

"I really get frustrated when someone tries to use his own ill-informed religiously jaundiced opinion to attack a scientifically established fact.
How do you do that?"

Is this not a clear case of bigotry?

Dundi, do you know the meaning of rhetorical? Lemme spell it out for you:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in
the form of a question that is asked in order
to make a point.

So what stufid point were you making wiseass?

Remove that stufid anti-religious bigotry blinker in your damned head when next you are replying to a simple post. And grow up, shouting "you hate science" anytime you are challenged is so kindergarten.
shocked
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
plaetton:

No one ever said or implied that
What is the definition of a pathogen?

A pathogen is a biological agent that causes disease or illness to its host.

If you had any comprehension skills , you would have understood from my second post that the body is an entire ecosystem of microbial flora.
In kindergarten language, an ecosystem means that it includes many many diverse varieties and cultures of microbes, including the good, the bad and the ugly. I also said that they exhibit social behavior that include peace and harmony, as well as conflicts and wars.
If you had understood that part, you would not be asking daft questions.

Oh my Gosh.

I am sooo tired of this senseless argument .
I have really exhausted my patience with you on this , and I am realizing that you either very daft or very dishonest, or both.

First, without reading or thinking, you fire insults at me, then later you agree to everything that I have written, things that are not simply my opinions , but are scientifically observed facts.
But rather than humble yourself, your daft ego continues to carry you on a merry-go-round.
At the end of the day , you are actually arguing with yourself, against yourself.

No wonder you fail your exams.

You have said almost nothing essentially. Just meaningless rants that i have to glean very thoroughly to get any substance.

Look at the definition of pathogen you gave very well and tell me how that applies to the microbes which the body forms useful relationships with actually influence our minds for their own benefit.

You started a thread stating clearly that the microbes living in us influence our psychology for their own benefit, I correct you, telling you that it is actually the body making use of its natural microflora for its own benefit, and that the inly cases where microbes will influence a persons biochemistry for their own benefit is in pathological conditions.

You then gave an excerpt confirming my very words.
Then proceeded to write utter nonsense.

I have been making sense All this while. You have not. You keep talking unfounded nonsense and twisting basic easily graspable scientific knowledge to meet your twisted dogma.

You have still shown us no evidence that the NATURAL MICROFLORA OF THE HUMAN BODY TWISTS OUR MINDS AND INFLUENCES OUR BEHAVIOURS TO THEIR OWN BENEFITS.

If you need me to explain this facts for you, ask. No need to run off and make stuppid conclusions.
Re: Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. by plaetton: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
A good way to spot a dumb person is when the person throws big words around in order to make it seem that he knows what he is talking about.

Did you just say pathological conditions?? shocked

What is your definition of pathological conditions?

Let me slowly show you how really dumb , daft you dishonest you are.
Joshthefirst:

"the only cases where microbes will influence a persons biochemistry for their own benefit is in pathological conditions'.

1. The is what you just posted. The very same thing you have been arguing against for all this thread.
So there are cases where microbes will influence the body's biochemistry for their own benefit? shocked REALLY?
Gosh!!
Doesn't that make every st.u.p. i. d thing you have written in this thread null and void?

2. ...and Pathological conditions
So are you, a medical student, saying to the public here on NL that microbes ONLY influence the body's biochemistry for their own benefit ( a huge admission) when the body is in pathological condition ( When the body is already stricken by diseased) ? shocked
Unbelievable.! Just unbelievable !

You st.u.pid m.o.r.on, have you not been reading all along this very thread , have you not read in your textbooks, have you not been taught THAT many varieties of microbial flora are the causes of the pathological conditions that you are blabbing about?.

Pls Pls Pls, no more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Leader Olumba Olumba Obu Said In 1990 / Saturday Or Sunday / 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.