Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters (30825 Views)

Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / Amazing! Patients Pay Doctors To Use Surgical Equipment Atigbobi Hospital / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Malawian(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2014
drlawizle:

I really admire the way you reply his childish quotes...you are matured.
mr doctor, it is " you are mature" ok?

3 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by gogodaye(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2014
drlawizle:
See the more you try to explain to them the more they think you're bluffing...let them have a taste of it so they can understand better...afterall experience they say is the best teacher
Bros..you guys should stop alienating yourselves & stop treating other folks with disdain..I guess by your analogy the chaps in the PHCN successor companys now earn more than folks at either CBN or NNPC? Being an employee in a privately owned/run firm does not add to a high pay

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by prettyprettywow: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2014
maestroferddi: A typical Nigerian syndrome: attack the messenger while dodging the message.
what message and what messenger?
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2014
gogodaye:
Bros..you guys should stop alienating yourselves & stop treating other folks with disdain..I guess by your analogy the chaps in the PHCN successor companys now earn more than folks at either CBN or NNPC? Being an employee in a privately owned/run firm does not add to a high pay
...The operating word is disdain.

Can't just fathom the propriety of electing to play God more often than not.

We are all craving for a quintessential society but nobody is keen to tweak their attitude.

Doctors needlessly attracting public outcry and angst to themselves...

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2014
prettyprettywow: what message and what messenger? Hia!! I can see you just want to join in quoting me. If I am suffering from Nigerian syndrome, then i believe your obsession with me is a congolese syndrome
Ma'am, dont you think you are trying to chastised the wrong horse?

Just follow the slant of my comment to keep in line.

...obsession with you...Am I reading right? Certainly you possibly cannot be referring to me...

BTW, you may have to see our doc blokes on your testosterone level, appears high and is causing combativeness.

Abi na unionist flexing...?
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by dalhat14(m): 7:43am On Aug 16, 2014
toysleek:
Resident doctors are temporary staff, and yet,the govt pays their school fees throughout their period of training(usually 6yrs),and with that they still collect huge salaries even more than the MO's(cos they dont contribute pension)..Consultants, MO's are permanent staff and cant be sacked anyhow...A consultant collecting btw #500k-800k monthly will not want to lose his/her job fighting for a resident,if a 'NO WORK, NO PAY' is forced on them..So they can either continue their residency in state teaching hospitals or wait till Fg calls them back.
ur tone shows u don't understand what residency training is all about and u obviously don't know how teaching hospitals work, so u think MOs no matter their years of experience can do the work of a senior registrar or even a registrar in fields like ENT or Anaesthesia or neurosurgery or plastic surgery, or do u think consultants can run the teaching hospitals and other federal hospitals alone without their residents that do the hard work, no one is arguing the permanent staff status of residents here u know, they obviously aren't permanent staff
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by shehuAO: 7:46am On Aug 16, 2014
These doctors are wicked,in spite all the health problems presently facing the nation,(Ebola cases)for instance,the wickedness of these so called resident doctors,there action remained adamant to resumed to their respect duty post.we commend Govt. for taken this bold decision.lets see who will win the fight,either doctors or the government.where two elephants fight,is only grasses there will suffer.(God bless patiences in hospital in Jesus name amen)
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 16, 2014
TRADELYN: grin OK...let's see how it goes!
ok o
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by MeAboki(m): 7:50am On Aug 16, 2014
drlawizle:

For you to think that Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria that supports residency training will do such a thing shows you are a Nigerian...only a Nigerian can fathom such.

Oga, you should look at yourself again; maybe you forgot that the MDCN is not an independent organisation like the NMA, ARD & MDCAN but in fact a small unit of FMOH, owned by govt, staffed by govt, financed by govt, implementing govt policies guided by federal laws; answerable to the Minister of Health.
How then do you suppose MDCN would refuse to carry out FG directives when/if required to do so?

By virtue of your above sarcastic remark: apparently, for a non-Nigerian you are behaving like a typical Nigerian - typing before you think.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 16, 2014
Adiwana: so u tink its an eay move..why didnt they try it with ASUU..enter unversity replace all lecturers?
wht do u think? Don't u think its an easy move cos they have been sacked already, even before this thread was created?
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by moluv2: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=Malawian]
there you go again thinking you can dictate the terms of your engagement. what part of salary dont you understand?[Y/quote]you r such a blockhead! U dnt kno dt in d private hospitals, dt is how d pay(salary) is worked out. Ur ignorance of pay package for drs in pp is all over d place. Pls get a life or die, knowing drs actually earn more in pp weda u own a fascility or not. Even @home , blockheads lik u go to meet d drs and u pay 4it. Wake up and know dt ur hating doesn't scratch d dr hu is making mony right now .

1 Like

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by 9jalyte: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2014
Infoay: Oga government pls do the needful o

He had done the needful. That is the best thing to do at this point, cus it is always good to cut the cancerous tumor off, despite how painful it may be. When Nigerians sound they way you did, it is clear that indirectly they support govt's move, but because it is almost a sin to speak in support of govt in our part of the world, we end up in passive comments like yours.

How can people be challenging authorities in the name of democracy. How can people be so mean as to watch sick people die all in the name of negotiating for better life. God certainly will not be happy with such people, so why should men be. The residency program is a proffesional training that will benefit them, there is no other profession enjoying such, in which govt funds their training to be consultants, and earn bigger pay from govt still. Instead of being thankful they are being arrogant. Let them go and train as consultants in where ever they like, when they finish, they can come and apply for jobs as consultants or set their own clinics. By the way, check the statistics, the govt hospitals take care of anly a small % of Nigerian's medical need. The healthcare in Nigeria is driven by private providers. So, there is no difference when the go or when they stay, Nigerians will continue where they have been going to before. How many people have access to FMCs. Please!
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Ozonna(m): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2014
gogodaye: Don't mind dem...unruly employees who want to foist themselves & their insatiable desires on their employer...come to think of it they've been out not working for more days & collecting salaries within 2013~2014......
FG should enter into an MOU with the Cuban government & recruit Cuban doctors to come work here to call their bluff..

Can this really be done?

Can someone sell this idea to Cuban Ambassador?
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Even wit all dese long epistle, u pple can't treat ebola (or at least maintain it like ur counterparts abroad), mortality rate in hospitals especially durin childbirth keep increasin (dats y most rich ppl travel out for their child delivery), even common organ transplant dats rampart in other countries una no sabi, so wats d use of all dese ..bla bla..u did 5yrs here, 20yrs here ..etc. We need practical thins, we need to see d effect of dis u pple's 'superiority complex', we r not seein it. I don't knw ..I don't want to beliv dis is like..empty vessels makin too much noise..I don't. But somtimes too much words aint necessary, d best way to xpress self worth, is by being practically effective, u pple are so lettin us down

Sorry I am late.

The problem with Ebola is that we medics do not have the facilities to deal with Ebola. Add the fact that it takes people long to get to hospital, zero good isolation facilities, and the fact that water does not flow regularly...and you get the picture.

At least....the health workers in Nigeria....not just docs...are doing a good job containing the virus so far. And Uganda...which has a good record combating ebola (and who has a High Grade Lab for Ebola testing too...at Gulu)....has sent health workers to give advice and care.

The story of EBola in West Africa is too complicated to just blame doctors.

That is why NMA and JOHESU should work together to fight for increased health care funding.

1 Like

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Malawian(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=moluv2][/quote]
rubbish. doctors earn more only in government institutions. the party is over. i will help you send your first 3 cvs thereafter, you are ON YOUR OWN.

[size=38pt]THE PARTY IS OVER[/size]
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Mayowasoaga: 9:56am On Aug 16, 2014
tiamiyukunle69: Health sector that is already paralyzed....yet you are terminating the employment of 16000 resident doctors knowing fully well that these guys do most of the job in the so called tertiary hospitals.....It's just unfortunate that the poor will suffer the more because the rich knows that short cut to better health care. All they need do is to travel abroad.....At times I wonder why God created me in this country. SMH angry
Let them travel for treatment. We will always be waiting for their Corpse to be brought back home. Its already happening. When they travel out for treatment, their dead body will return

1 Like

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Sorry I am late.

The problem with Ebola is that we medics do not have the facilities to deal with Ebola. Add the fact that it takes people long to get to hospital, zero good isolation facilities, and the fact that water does not flow regularly...and you get the picture.

At least....the health workers in Nigeria....not just docs...are doing a good job containing the virus so far. And Uganda...which has a good record combating ebola (and who has a High Grade Lab for Ebola testing too...at Gulu)....has sent health workers to give advice and care.

That is why NMA and JOHESU should work together to fight for increased health care funding.
Oga are you an epistle writer for real?

Why the long-winded tale while all you could have done is to be candid with the whole thing.

Nigerian doctors are not laggards, they are doing their bits but they need to up the ante.

That should be the attitude and not to give a cop-out...
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2014
Mayowasoaga:
Let them travel for treatment. We will always be waiting for their Corpse to be brought back home. Its already happening. When they travel out for treatment, their dead body will return
And who could this be?
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Justiceleague: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2014
I wonder who pays the doctors salary, the NMA or the government. This is the only country in the world where the employee collects wages for services not rendered and dictates to the employer. People are dying all over the place like chicken due to ebola, yet the NMA is not showing much concern, but just lip service. Democracy is the best but it comes with lots of bullshit. Can they try this with abacha, babangida or even OBJ?

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by naijafresh: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2014
Sacking resident Doctors is akin to a bus driver sacking his conductor.. Nuff said
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by ocelot2006(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2014
maestroferddi: Doctors are very greedy I must agree. Imagine a pharmacist who spends just less than a year in school than a doctor being relegated to almost nothingness.

There are 100+ pharmaceutical firms and shops were pharmacists can go make their money. The hospitals are the main domains of doctors where pharmacists are basically a part of the support team.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by amaham(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2014
the employer that keep renegading from agreements with employee is not worthy to be trusted. FG flawed big time . series of mou that was not respected made the drs distrust fmoh . I pray a health emergency don't befall me and my family this period

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by imagold: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2014
grin
Raxxye: Interesting drama indeed!

You applied for a job, you were offerred the job, you refused to do the job, you are sacked from the job, you refuse to leave the job. What do you want? Na you get the job?
vry funny
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2014
ocelot2006:

There are 100+ pharmaceutical firms and shops were pharmacists can go make their money. The hospitals are the main domains of doctors where pharmacists are basically a part of the support team.
You can afford to deem pharmacists as mere supporting casts in the medical establishment because pharmacists choose to be docile and pliant.

If they decide to become assertive tomorrow and learn to put their mouths where their monies are, I am sure the equation will change.

There and then, it will be left to the public to determined whose domain it actually is...
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by ModoetForma(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2014
johnbosco97: [color=#006600][/color]

It shows how shallow minded you are. After executing them, u will take all sick Nigerians for medical tourism in India. Nigerians actually deserve the kind of l eaders they have.

Then you can leave them, let them continue their nonsense going on unnecessary strike and demanding unnecessary things while putting the lives of thousands of nigerians at risk moro'n. And by the way, what do you know about medicine, health and politics? Its obvious you know next to nothing.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by agitator: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Dreambeat: It would be too petty of me to trade insults with you because I consider it infra dig. Read about how much money Nigerians contribute to the India economy annually through medical tourism for ailments that could easily be managed in this country. Money that could be invested in our economy and increase employment. Just put the necessary facilities in place, that is all we ask of the government.

Is it the Indian government hospitals these people are patronizing?

Why can't the Nigerian owned private hospitals/clinics also be up to world standards, so people from other countries can also come to Nigeria for medical tourism. angry angry angry

Everytime people yarn dust bla bla bla undecided undecided undecided

The Indian doctors are they much better because the Indian government is paying them high HAZARD allowance, and they have a doctor as surgeon general? cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2014
maestroferddi: Oga are you an epistle writer for real?

Why the long-winded tale while all you could have done is to be candid with the whole thing.

Nigerian doctors are not laggards, they are doing their bits but they need to up the ante.

That should be the attitude and not to give a cop-out...

Perhaps....but I still believe that better funding is key.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by agitator: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Perhaps....but I still believe that better funding is key.

agitator:
Why can't the Nigerian owned private hospitals/clinics also be up to world standards, so people from other countries can also come to Nigeria for medical tourism. angry angry angry
The Indian doctors are they much better because the Indian government is paying them high HAZARD allowance, and they have a doctor as surgeon general? cry cry cry
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2014
agitator:

Because to maintain world standard facilities....you need to pay world standard hospital fees....not the government fees you Nigerians prefer.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by agitator: 11:56am On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Because to maintain world standard facilities....you need to pay world standard hospital fees....not the government fees you Nigerians prefer.

My question still remains
agitator:
cry cry cry

Please, respond logically to convince me, not sentimentally by saying we can't afford cry cry
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Stoical: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Sorry I am late.

I love getting myself amused with comments on issues relating to nma strike, without having to quote or respond. Atleast, I am privy to why we are where we are now. But, I rarely read a comment as the above quoted one. I will be so happy if this comment is from a Doc. But, whoever it is, you're most learned. I wouldn't say much, so as not to be misconstrued my ego-overwhelmed friends here.
Withdrawing to my reading-and-smiling corner. Cheers Bro/Sis
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by shortgun(m): 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
laplace12:
Lol,
Work, you no wan work.
Resign, you no gree resign.
Sack, you no gree make them sack you.
employee wey pass em oga undecided
Guy! I give you my spare gf plus my cousin for this your comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt / Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / COVID-19: FG Lists Lagos, FCT, Kano, Ogun, Kaduna, Sokoto For WHO Drug Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.