Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide (64454 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Dreamtouch: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
Americans instigate wars and will claim peacemakers,but they are after oil..the were so fast to predict that Nigeria must separate in 2015...americans package both hiv virus and ebola and will rush and introduce drugs for sale...and will always claim ..it came from animals in africa...but americans (male and female )have sex with animals,the even marry animals but are healthy...but most Nigerians worship them and are full of inferiority complex...the only thing in dia heads is just to blame GEJ and worship whites (SCAMMERS)...Scamming is in dia DNA since slave trade era.....#bitterkola

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by duni04(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
BluIvy:

Says the "dectector of the nono-silver " ! cheesy
Lol you're wicked o

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Lucasbalo(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

They should NOT help at all. It makes me angry how people will curse America but act like they owe you anything. They don't. In fact, all foreign doctors and nurses should stop risking their lives for ungreatful people.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Arsenate(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
the way some of you "intelligent" Nigerians are going about it on nairaland, Lol, is almost as if you don't want it (the nano silver) to work so that your darling America can be proven right. Lol.
see as una carry the matter for head. na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by duni04(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
Adetayo100: Not until they've experimented it with you
Lol God forbid! You're the one supporting it nau. If you're sure of your nanosilver volunteer yourself for trials grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lucasbalo: With this kind of attitude people are displaying, Nigeria's future is really bleak. That's why the leaderships and the oligarchs will travel outside of Nigeria to seek medical assistance. The country is upside down and the youths that are mostly affected are so brainwashed they worship their oppressors. The future for Nigeria's youth is not good unless the youths turn against this kleptomaniac leadership . The youths won't because they are busy watching Premier League and dancing Skelewu. What a shame.

I can't believe what I am reading here. It is very very frustrating. Other nations send their well-trained doctors and nurses to help bring the epidemic under control even though they are risking their lives and Nigerians will make up conspiracy theories and display pride and patriotism without any sensible reason instead of being greatful and cooperative. Unbelieveable! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
BluIvy:

My brother, don't fall my hand na. There is no need of insulting the US for an opinion. The supplement was not invented by a Nigeria scientist at has been in existence for ever. Also it is more of a long term than an emergency like the EBOLA threat.

Of course it is Nigeria's decision to make but it should be an informed one. If Nigeria decides to put all its hope and most of its budget on this supplement instead of spending some of the money on prevention strategies and sorting out the healthcare workers issues, in no time you will be crawling back and crying out to the same people you are insulting now for help. As we speak an American doctor is taking care of your EBOLA patients spending money from his pocket for medicine (as reported by the relatives and doctors association during the week)

Sometimes silence is golden. And there is a saying that you should not make noise until you are out of the forest. Really, to show how gullible Nigerians are millions took unimaginable amounts of salt just over one night creating more serious problems. The thing is someone made huge amounts of money and were smiling to the bank. So will some people in this case.
The USA should learn to keep quiet sometimes. The ZMAPP was untested b4 it was used. They dnt want to gv us dia drugs n de dnt want to allow us test ours. Make dem rest jooor!!!!
As for me na bitter kola sure pass grin
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by kobonaire(m): 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Moblord: please download the picture and post it
here you are ...
@Moblord Re: this post

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Does FDA of America have jurisdiction in Nigeria?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
duni04:
Lol you're wicked o

Stupidity kills! It needs to be nipped in the bud, quickly. Smh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dreamtouch: Americans instigate wars and will claim peacemakers,but they are after oil..the were so fast to predict that Nigeria must separate in 2015...americans package both hiv virus and ebola and will rush and introduce drugs for sale...and will always claim ..it came from animals in africa...but americans (male and female )have sex with animals,the even marry animals but are healthy...but most Nigerians worship them and are full of inferiority complex...the only thing in dia heads is just to blame GEJ and worship whites (SCAMMERS)...Scamming is in dia DNA since slave trade era.....#bitterkola
My broda you av spoken well!!!!Americans fvck animals unprotected yet they dnt av hiv. Africans on d otherhand that only eat these animals are "contracting the Aids". Greedy bunch of Americans. As 4 this ebola, it is #Bitter Kola all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by fnk: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
this nano-silver has been around for a very long time, I even have the machine that makes the solution since 2010 and i have been making and using the solution for various ilness and I know that a strong PPM can kill the Ebola virus. The powers that bee in U.S has always kicked against it, because it will course bad market for them. When I saw that someone came up with the solution, I knew they will kick against it, don't be suprise that the active ingredient in the so called Zmapp is nano-silver. My machine can make 12 liters of the solution per process, If I was in the country I would have tried to contact any of these agencies that will listen. I hope that Chukwu and co, will go with their gut feeling and don't listen to the ney sayers.

Lets try it, it will work.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
duni04:
Lol God forbid! You're the one supporting it nau. If you're sure of your nanosilver volunteer yourself for trials grin
God forbid, none of us will ever visit any ebola center talkless of taking the drugs in the name of God.

Just joking oh
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by duni04(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
quid: Does FDA of America have jurisdiction in Nigeria?
no they don't. So pls go ahead and drink nanosilver, its good for yougrin
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by afakator: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
so what do US want us to do now.....fold our hands and die.....abeg a dying man has nothing to select as far as it is target at struggle for surviving.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by dealslip(f): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
size38: Nigeria should go develop their own drugs not depending on other peoples sweat and investments. Just yesterday GEJ sacked 16,000 resident Doctors in Nigeria. Have we seen America or any other developed countries do this? Have we seen from other countries where universities and polytechnics were shot down for several months? All these happens in nigeria frequently.

Why must the west and America be our yardstick and benchmark for everything. This is infuriating!
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can't believe what I am reading here. It is very very frustrating. Other nations send their well-trained doctors and nurses to help bring the epidemic under control even though they are risking their lives and Nigerians will make up conspiracy theories and display pride and patriotism without any sensible reason instead of being greatful and cooperative. Unbelieveable! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Its carelessness of the highest order. I said it before people need to curb their poisonous tongues, it might really spell doom for the country one day. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by JonesK: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
And it is still these same Nigerians that will crucify the government in the event that this drug does not work. If they would just take some time to analyze and scrutinize the situation, some of the comments on these thread would not exist.
How does this differ from the infamous salt display? Just take away salt and put nano-silver there.
Nigerians just need to hear that it 'might' work and they forget everything else, they forget that there might be more effects than they can think of.
It has not been tested, this means that it might kill the ebola virus, quite alright, but it might take your liver with it. The other effects we do not know and apparently do not care. Who knows what else it does in the body? But Nigerians will rather solve problems as they come instead of taking the time to prevent them.
To those saying that Nigeria has come of age, have a rethink, we haven't even started at all

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
BluIvy:

Stupidity kills! It needs to be nipped in the bud, quickly. Smh cheesy

Stupidity kills indeed.

When there is an epidemic in Europe and the media annouces that it may come from an animal or a plant, people will stop eating this animal or this plant right away until they are told that it can be eaten again. In Nigeria people will shout "Tradition, tradition." even if it may cost them their lives and those of their entire family.

Stupidity kills.

In the West, drugs are tested on animals first before given to people and drugs are strictly controlled but in Nigeria you can sell people rat posion and become rich.

Stupidity kills.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by overhypedsteve(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
ratiken:

You my friend is a Size 38 FOOL. Stay on topic and stop derailing this important thread

On topic: We need to test out Nano silver before discarding it. The speed at which the US condemned this option supports many conspiracy theories.
hahaha i love you men. You sent that imposters back to the poo hole where he crawled out from.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
dealslip:

Why must the west and America be our yardstick and benchmark for everything. This is infuriating!

They are better developed, this is why. It's obvious, isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by 50calibre(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
UrbanMystique: that's exactly the point of the thread... we dont need no effing validation from america.
you cant just ignore what america says because they have been able to build their system over the years, that's why people are concerned and america needs to learn to shut the fhuck up sometimes and allow us to build our own system.

their agency thinks the drug is pesticide, fine.. we have our own nafdac, let them carry out the investigation too and if they found out the drugs aint usable, then they can discard it.

nigeria is a mediocre country because we allow ourselves to get screwed over by everything western.

our god is not good, the western god is good.
our clothes are not, the western clothes are perfect.
our herbs are bad but medicine is good.
our movies aint good until it wins oscar (an american award)

when are we gonna stop being a mediocre if all thinking revolves round america? our standardis american standard.
shouldnt we create bigger standard for ourselves?

A nation which seeks to succeed, must trail the path of other successful nations, I see nothing wrong in that. I still doesn't hinder self-sufficiency or development.

Culture is a different thing, that's a social thing, it doesn't count in the grand scheme of things. What builds a nation is innovation, investment in education, science & technology, not culture.

If Nigeria has indeed been using the US as paradigm for the last 40 years, it should have ben a whole different country by now.

Nigeria's problem are it's people, most are very dumb, they elect (or should I say select) dumb leaders, the dumb leaders finds another dumb successor to replace them when they leave, and so cycle of mediocrity continues.

The people ruling Nigeria are not good enough, what they lack in intelligence, they more than make up for in corruption.

Nigeria has had its chance, but it's failed its people. We have ourselves to blame, not the US.

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Madam american worshipper, the most intelligent Nigerian ever liveth...no one is stopping yu from your American worship but deviate from insulting Nigerians. Americans should stay in America..we don't fvcking need them!!!!

#AfricaHasComeOfAge

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nano-silver is an antibacterial technology which uses ionic silver nano particles. It's been used by samsung in washing machines, ACs, air purifiers etc, since 2003. It was not intended for combating viruses, least of all the Ebola virus. silver has been proven to be effective against bacteria; if our scientists want to test its effectiveness in killing the Ebola virus, then they should get to work but it would be irresponsible for the government to begin administering a substance whose true effect is still a mystery. It's as ignorant as advising people to consume an insane amount of salt.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by danikik7: 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
This a challenge to all African Scientists in particular and Africans in general. How long shall we remain as tutelager.EBOLA was discovered dacades ago how come by now Africa has not been able through collaboration developed a trial vaccine. Must we always run to China , Europe or USA ? Is it not time we raise up and put our woes to shame. There will never be emancipation in african until we Africans take the bull by the horn in all ramifications. It is what we do to promote our selves collectively thatwill accord us the respect we desire internationally. This was China came to where they are today. We can achieve more than that IF we believe
barcanista: The USA should learn to keep quiet sometimes. The ZMAPP was untested b4 it was used. They dnt want to gv us dia drugs n de dnt want to allow us test ours. Make dem rest jooor!!!!
As for me na bitter kola sure pass grin

Bro, it was just an opinion. And I would rather eat bitter kola as part of my everyday life than overdose on nano-silver. Nano-silver is still theirs not ours btw. That gives them the right to comment don't you think?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Stupidity kills indeed.

When there is an epidemic in Europe and the media annouces that it may come from an animal or a plant, people will stop eating this animal or this plant right away until they are told that it can be eaten again. In Nigeria people will shout "Tradition, tradition." even if it may cost them their lives and those of their entire family.

Stupidity kills.

In the West, drugs are tested on animals first before given to people and drugs are strictly controlled but in Nigeria you can sell people rat posion and become rich.

Stupidity kills.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
duni04:
no they don't. So pls go ahead and drink nanosilver, its good for yougrin
LMAO
Tell FDA to mind their yeye business.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Madam american worshipper, the most intelligent Nigerian ever liveth...no one is stopping yu from your American worship but deviate from insulting Nigerians. Americans should stay in America..we don't fvcking need them!!!!

#AfricaHasComeOfAge

I am not a worshipper. I am a REALIST. Don't be ridiculous, if you or one of your family members suffered from Ebola, you would be the first to cry for foreign aid. Africa has come of what? Nigeria struggles even with electricity and you want them to cure Ebola. Go and let nano silver be tested on yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Lucasbalo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Lack of awareness is part of the problem. Nigerians love mediocrity. Nigeria is blessed with many natural resources but she is in the same category with countries like Haiti, Congo , Burundi and other bottom of the world countries. Why, because the corrupt leaders know there is no consequence for looting the country dry. Just give this people a small bag of rice and vegetable oil and they will be singing your praises. Poverty of mind and pocket. Nothing in Nigeria is up to united nation standard E G, Health Care, Education,Power Supply, Infrastructure , Road Network and so on. Yet, you have this corrupt leaders stashing billions of dollars all over the world while the average citizen lives on less than $5 a day. What a pity. God help Nigeria and Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lucasbalo: Lack of awareness is part of the problem. Nigerians love mediocrity. Nigeria is blessed with many natural resources but she is in the same category with countries like Haiti, Congo , Burundi and other bottom of the world countries. Why, because the corrupt leaders know there is consequence for looting the country dry. Just give this people a small bag of rice and vegetable oil and they will be singing your praises. Poverty of mind and pocket. Nothing in Nigeria is up to united nation standard E G, Health Care, Education,Power Supply, Infrastructure , Road Network and so on. Yet, you have this corrupt leaders stashing billions of dollars all over the world while the average citizen lives on less than $5 a day. What a pity. God help Nigeria and Nigerians.

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by musicwriter(m): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Soon you will hear US have come up with a magical drug that cure ebola in 24 hours and western pharmaceutical companies will start smiling to the bank out of our penury.

Science is one thing the west is hiding from Africa because they know science is the shortest way out of poverty for nations. This's why scientific collaborations is always off-topic in their conferences.

Application of science to solve problems naturally lead to Technology.
Science + Technology = Industry.
Science + Technology + Industry = Wealth.
Science + Technology + Industry + Wealth = Economic independence!.

Only when Africa get science right shall we be truly free. This includes freedom from world bank and IMF trojan loans, freedom from western control, freedom from hunger, ebola, disease, freedom from technological slavery, e.t.c. Africa will have total freedom and wealth when we get science right. This's what the west don't want Africa to know.

Neo-colonialism is very sophisticated tool for undervelopement as it includes elite brainwashing. As a matter of fact Neo-colonialism is targeted at African leaders cause that's the only way Africa and it's people will be remote controlled from overseas. You can read more about it at http://www.africason.com/2014/08/africa-must-rise-against-neo-colonialism.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases / Help I Need A Drugs That Can Make Me Last Long In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.