Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide (64460 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by 50calibre(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigeria's ineptitude knows no bounds, the countless universities and higher institutions keeps churning out half-baked medical graduates.

Nigerian education is worthless to be honest.

Finding an Ebola drug should be a common student project.

Select 20 medical students from any developed nation, give them a couple of weeks in a lab, I guarantee you they'd come up with a cure for Ebola.

Ebola is totally curable, viruses with such aggressive pattern are very easy to kill, Nigeria is just a mediocre country.

The west couldn't be bothered to find a cure because it's not their problem.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Agbo2(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
#weneedthepesticide
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
Alexk2:

u are so lucky that i don't go insulting but bros., you shld think again abt all that you post here.
do u seriously think the health minister and all the health professionals don't know all these?....again, who said the dectector of this nono-silver is anonymous-u need to read abt the genesis again..
pls., check ur facts b4 going viral with ur insults.
Btw., who said itz only USA that can test an experimental drugs and certified them for use?....did any country tested there Zmapp b4 they used it on there citizens?
must we continue now to wait for them even after refusing to give us there own Zmapp..
don't we have an effective Nafdac and renowned scientist who can check the drugs for us?

Maybe you need to read it again. The "inventor" was never named.

Ironically, nanosilver was invented years ago. Why doesn't anyone know how to use Google on Nairaland?

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
ZUBY77:

Watch your mouth there.

Didnt you see the name Zuby on the original post?
was that u shocked
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by lebesgue(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
kobonaire: It's just another normal day on NL cheesy

LOL. I know, but it seems like some folks on NL are creating new ways to showcase their talents.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: we are not answerable to the US. They are NOT right to dictate to us as long as I am concerned.

#Nigeria Has Come of Age

Your comments are absolutely right. However, the US have merely expressed their opinion (which they are most likely correct about), rather than 'dictate' to us (afterall, they are not physically restraining us from using the drug...).

When we begin to show manifestations of having come of age, even America will know smiley

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Dymondgurl(f): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Why don't we all jus take a chill pill, ignore USA and test ds nano silver drug. If it works, good and if it doesn't, we go back to the drawing board

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by duni04(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: we are not answerable to the US. They are NOT right to dictate to us as long as I am concerned.

#Nigeria Has Come of Age
The US didnt dictate anything to you, they just gave u facts. If you like drink the nanosilver. When another strain of ebola emerges, don't dare call for international support or help from the US.

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by UrbanMystique: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Alexk2:

u are so lucky that i don't go insulting but bros., you shld think again abt all that you post here.
do u seriously think the health minister and all the health professionals don't know all these?....again, who said the dectector of this nono-silver is anonymous-u need to read abt the genesis again..
pls., check ur facts b4 going viral with ur insults.
Btw., who said itz only USA that can test an experimental drugs and certified them for use?....id any country tested there Zmapp b4 they used it on there citizens?
must we continue now to wait for them even after refusing to give us there own Zmapp..
don't we have an effective Nafdac and renowned scientist who can check the drugs for us?
i tire for these buttlicking monkeys we have scattered all over nairaland o.. everything america says must be right.. america is the only country with sciencists. even if america tells them not to eat any of the local dishes anymore because they are poisons, these douches will throw them away. inferior scumbags.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Arosa(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: we av dongoyaro tree at home. We fit chew am lyk dat?

I'm not an expert on traditional medicine. However I can tell you for a fact that when I had fever as a kid, my granny would cook this dongoyaro and some other leaves for me to inhale the steam while having a steam bath. It usually takes care of the fever. grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by xp17(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
donnypool:

will you buy a drug without you testing it?
for me, no.
for Nigeria govt, yes!
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by kliq(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
Idrismusty97: If you hate this site so much then hop out! Are you at gun point to comment?

Don't mind the yaba-left candidate.... I wonder what she's fighting for undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by lokoloko84(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
The truth is that Nigerians are too emotional and lousy lots.
Always making commentary before thinking. I personally, do not think innovation and research can work in this clime.

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Donbabaj: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
American just like to brag and broadcast themselves as World power just like their President Obama! they were still bragging and talking that they had Zmap when China was already on ground to attend Ebola patients in Liberia!Nigerians still got the most intelligent brains in the World if only our govt can gave change in attitude!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by duni04(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

Ironically, nanosilver was invented years ago. Why doesn't anyone know how to use Google on Nairaland?
First female to make any sense on this thread. Kudos!

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Your comments are absolutely right. However, the US have merely expressed their opinion (which they are most likely correct about), rather than 'dictate' to us (afterall, they are not physically restraining us from using the drug...).

When we begin to show manifestations of having come of age, even America will know smiley
they shd take the backstage while we handle our problems. We don't need their suggestion and care...we are nt inferior to them.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
xp17: for me, no.
for Nigeria govt, yes!

smh, if you know more than the government, what are you doing here on nairaland? what stops you from campaigning?

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by UrbanMystique: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
50calibre: Nigeria's ineptitude knows no bounds, the countless universities and higher institutions keeps churning out half-baked medical graduates.

Nigerian education is worthless to be honest.

Finding an Ebola drug should be a common student project.

Select 20 medical students from any developed nation, give them a couple of weeks in a lab, I guarantee you they'd come up with a cure for Ebola.

Ebola is totally curable, viruses with such aggressive pattern are very easy to kill, Nigeria is just a mediocre country.

The west couldn't be bothered to find a cure because it's not their problem.
what if nigerians keep churning out possible cures for the disease and one nation keeps embarrassing us telling us everything we do is crap, like over 160million people are stupid and still not willing to help.

why cant they just allow us to fail and allow us to learn from our failure?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
lokoloko84: The truth is that Nigerians are too emotional and lousy lots.
Always making commentary before thinking. I personally, do not think innovation and research can work in this clime.

If you ever doubt it, just look at one page of Nairaland comments. Look at this one:

kliq:

Don't mind the yaba-left candidate.... I wonder what she's fighting for undecided

Because I get ANGRY so ANGRY when I see Nigerians deceiving other Nigerians and shaming us. I am so damn patriotic, because I want Nigeria to be the country it SHOULD be. And the DUMBEST people, out of mistaken pride and ignorant STUPIDITY, shout down logic and facts. It makes so so angry. I wish some Nigerians could be wiped off, so Nigeria could start over.

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by UrbanMystique: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dymondgurl: Why don't we all jus take a chill pill, ignore USA and test ds nano silver drug. If it works, good and if it doesn't, we go back to the drawing board
simple as abc

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Forwetinnah: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
grin grin grin Nigerians in diaspora, make una stop yam hioo. How una wan pour sand sand for US garri? Who give una the right to find alternative cure for virus wey only them get cure tongue ? Teeh me?? Insake of una to teeh our very oil rich FG to discuss how dem go pump enough money into the pharmaceutical company wey get mzapp..wona go do una yon grin grin . All the US wants after reducing us to a sizable population is FUNDING. Make una go dash dem money...so that dem go send their own(who know weda na otapiapia sef) . God save Africa from the mischief of the West..amin!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by yoribo: 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
America is tooooo proud, tooooo full of themselves, the are the police of the world who gave them, they are the new world, they are this and that. Well, I blame our leaders, they will loot our money and proudly go there to spend it and at the same time feel inferior with them.

I wonder how these Americans welcome them over there, and compare how our government welcome ordinary counselor of theirs. Our government should wake up have respect for our citizens.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Arosa:

I'm not an expert on traditional medicine. However I can tell you for a fact that when I had fever as a kid, my granny would cook this dongoyaro and some other leaves for me to inhale. It usually takes care of the fever. grin
men that one na true. Our forefathers dem no knw wetin be coartem and dem live long!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by mrvictor: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
danot1030: US is becoming useless by the day, let obama go and drink his zmap and leave us to test our pesticide.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by naptu2: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
1) The USFDA did not say that we can or cannot use nanosilver.

2) The USFDA has a duty to regulate food and drugs in the US.

3) If any company that's based in the US (whether owned by a Nigerian or not) makes claims that have not been verified or are contrary to US law, the USFDA has a duty to step in and ensure that they comply with the law.

Erica Jefferson, a spokeswoman for the FDA, said she could not provide any information about the product referenced by the Nigerians.

The FDA did not specify any products in its warning.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Alayotech(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nice post! Keep it up see more @ http://www.naijaenvoy.com  and http://www.cliqloaded.com
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Alexk2(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm surprised that all you care to answer frm my many ?s is who invented the drug.
This nano-silver had been in exisitence for long and used for some other things thatz nt medically related...and i need not to ask google b4 repeating it that there must be an inventor or group of inventors for that....bt seriously, what is ur problem abt who invented it?...this is a critical situatn that needs urgent action with the same speed with which USA treated there own citizens....all i want to be sure of is that it wont have any negative side effect either itz a cure or not.
I'm very sure u'll be singing different song if one of ur relatves is among those already infected with the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919: Facts about nano silver

1.It has no proven anti-viral activity....either in animals or in humans.

2.It is used as a topical anti-bacterial agent., and for other bio-medical uses.

3.It was not invented by an African or a Nigerian.

For more info....Google for the article :Nanosilver particles in medical applications: synthesis, performance, and toxicity

LOL. So many dumb Nigerians! I tell ya. Many of them actually think that Nano silver is a drug that was just invented by the Nigerian. grin grin . Nano Silver is even used in washing machines.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
America no know the definition of Pest. Pest is any insect that can cause damage to anything useful to man. No be pesticide we go take battle am make the thing no finish us? America, beware!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
UrbanMystique: i tire for these buttlicking monkeys we have scattered all over nairaland o.. everything america says must be right.. america is the only country with sciencists. even if america tells them not to eat any of the local dishes anymore because they are poisons, these douches will throw them away. inferior scumbags.

Wait so if America says "Urban Mystique, don't jump off that bridge, you may die", I guess you will still jump.

Chai, see pride!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Genius100: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
This thread is proof that majority of Nigerians have an extremely low IQ. Wow.. I can't believe how ignorant Nigerians are. Our education system has truly failed us. The fact is Nano Silver was ABSOLUTELY not discovered by a Nigerian. Nano Silver has been around for decades. Claims that nano silver cures all kinds of ailments have been around forever. But these claims have never been proven in clinical studies.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by DanWrites(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
djeezy: White foo.ls always thinking they are superior. They believe nothing good can come out of Africa and always want us to come beg them. Shey they were hoarding their Zmapp or whatever it's called. Nonsense.
You think they are not? And you typed this with a smartphone?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Help I Need A Drugs That Can Make Me Last Long In Bed / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases / A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.