Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49686 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
jayAjoku: nice deduction but wait oo have you seen your brain before... How can you believe you have one when you have never seen yours wow scary huh

I fail to understand the relevance of your questions.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
jayAjoku: nice deduction but wait oo have you seen your brain before... How can you believe you have one when you have never seen yours wow scary huh

LMAO...

have you ever heard of MRI scan?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ezemmuo1: 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
blakky97:
Here again!
We have a 'holy person' spitting fire and throwing stones with his mouth. I guess you just opened your church, so you don't like your flock of sheep seeing my post. I understand bro! Take it easy. The bible is not your dad's book. So don't abuse people who are critical of its 'authentic and divine' origin.
I heard one paul or was it peters who had too many bottles of rum one night, picked an ink, and contributed his quota to the building of what is called bible (actually book in greek) today. Stop reading that book, read science books instead. Don't get your brains warped in fairy tales. Bible is more for kids and hypocrites.
And talking about sickness, it takes the sickness out of a person to argue or defend what he cannot deny. If you see me on ground, I assure you, you'll address me as 'sir' I won't tell you why.
dear blakky....please can you explain this scripture to me written more than 5000 years ago Job 26:7" He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar: diarra94

It's a simple question but you are ignoring it. Let me put it another way. If you helped a hadicap elderly man in a wheel chair to get into the grocery store because he couldn't get in by himself. You felt good that you did something decent. You went home and on the breaking news, said that there was a mass shooting and killing at that grocery store. The elderly man you had helped was the culprit - he was angry and upset at the world for "taking" his wife away from him.

My question to you is this - "If you knew 110% what that man was going to do before you helped him, would you have helped him?"

No one is claiming that Atheist don't have a conscience of can't be morally good people

Another evolutionist - grin. I am more interested in how we came from fish? Can you prove the missing link - how we humans came from a tapole or a toad or some fish that lived 500 million years ago? Can you tell me at what point, we started changing? In what year did we loose our fins and became snakes. How about the missing link showing how we turned from snakes to monkeys - perhaps your "science" can prove that - I dey wait

wow now I get it, you do not understand evolution at all. there is no point at which we started changing, we have always been changing and we will always be changing. this doesn't occur in a day or a year or a 1000 years but over millions of years. we are made of living cells, they always mutate and change in complexity. in fact evolution is evident in humans, after separating for just a few hundred thousand years, why do you find different races on every continent, because we have adapted to our environment. explain race to me with biblical scriptures. explain to me how the bible does not speak of dinosaurs when their bones are found on every continent and how humans survived the dinosaurs. and what about the meteor that hit the earth??

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

LMAO...

grin grin grin grin grin
Don't mind the dolt.

Bunch of primitive thinkers.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by segestic: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Great. See also one like this here at www.faithsuccess.org.

www.faithsuccess.org/2014/07/top-reson-why-you-should-become.html?m=1

Everything about christianity, Jesus, God.

Kudos 2 naireland
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by 1yanuoluwa(m): 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Just wow!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Smooyis(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
The book of books. Rich in God's wisdom.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest: Nice thread.
....my wife u done fly reach here

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by martinmiller: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
wow,what a peice,nicelines op

Youngsage: More!

Strongest, Wisest, Oldest, Tallest...

• The strongest and wisest men in the
Bible are: Samson and
Solomon, respectively.

• The tallest and biggest villain in the
Bible is Goliath whose height was
over 9 ½ feet.

• The greatest warrior in the Bible is
Gideon, who defeated 1,35, 000
Midianites along with 300 men and
300 trumpets under God's power.

• The oldest individual in the Bible
was Methuselah (Genesis 5:27),
who died at the age of 969!

• The oldest parable in the Bible is in
Judges 9: 8-15.

Did you know...

• Psalms 117, 118 and 119 are
chapters with special significance in
the Bible.
Apparently, Psalm 117 is
the shortest chapter in the Bible,
Psalm 118 is the central chapter of
the Bible and Psalm 119 is the
longest chapter in the Bible. It's a
hat-trick for the Psalms!

• 2 John and 3 John have the same
number of verses (13), however,
John 3 wins the title of the shortest
book due to its fewer number of
words.

• Ezra 7:21 contains all the letters of
the alphabet, except 'J' (In the New
King James Version).

• There is one chapter that is
repeated twice in the Bible: (Psalms
14 and Psalms 53) 'The fool says in
his heart, "there is no God." They
are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.'
However, they are not mirror
images of each other.

• The word 'God' appears 3,358 times
in the Bible.

• The two books, 'Songs of Solomon'
and 'Esther' have no mention of God
in them.

• The word "Christian" only appears
thrice in the Bible.

• Did you know the first baptism in
the Bible was conducted by Moses,
who used ox's blood to baptize the
people.

• The sheep is the most frequently
mentioned animal in the Bible.

• Did you know the only
domesticated animal not mentioned
in the Bible is the cat!

• The number of promises in the Bible
are 1,260.
How many have you
found? 1,260 promises to claim!

Wow!

•The phrase 'do not be afraid'
appears 365 times in the Bible, just
as the number of days in a year.
This phrase is not a suggestion but a
command. So as we live each day,
we know God has commanded us to
trust Him with all our heart and be
at rest!

• The first mention of prayer in the
Bible is in Genesis 4:26.

•The total number of questions in
the Bible is 3294.

•God's first question asked in the
Bible is 'Adam, Adam where are
you?" And God's question to us
today is still the same. He calls out
for his lost sheep. It is up to us to
turn back to Him.

These Bible fun facts actually test our
knowledge of the Bible. The Bible is a
storehouse of hidden treasures. All you
have to do is go and look for these
priceless treasures embedded in it. You
won't completely comprehend how
magnificent life under the sea is until
you dive into it. Similarly, you need to
read the Bible to understand how
profound it is!!!

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ dstnd
Sorry love.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest:
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Which day we marry Na?
must u disgrace me
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DesChyko: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
tenry:
Are u high on lipton? What effect does that hav on my worship today? Holier than thou...
Happy Sunday to you too.. God bless you.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94

wow now I get it, you do not understand evolution at all. there is no point at which we started changing, we have always been changing and we will always be changing. this doesn't occur in a day or a year or a 1000 years but over millions of years.

Bros - you are hear calling others stupid for having faith in God yet you are the one that can't prove evolution but "believe" in the "million of years" crap that can't be proven scientifically or historically. I wonder who has blind faith

we are made of living cells, they always mutate and change in complexity. in fact evolution is evident in humans, after separating for just a few hundred thousand years, why do you find different races on every continent, because we have adapted to our environment.

Malu - adaptation is different from evolution. Africans have adapted to their environment, we are used to the heat, the malaria the environment. The same way Icelanders and Russians are used to the cold. If an African goes to Iceland, he doesn't become big-foot; he doesn't "mutate", he adapts to his environments. We are made of different kinds, humans are their own kind, fish their own kind and apparently idiots of their own kind grin

explain race to me with biblical scriptures. explain to me how the bible does not speak of dinosaurs when their bones are found on every continent and how humans survived the dinosaurs. and what about the meteor that hit the earth?

Did the Bible talk about the Internet, did the Bible speak about Chiwawas either? Bros - put these in perspective. Here is a summary on your race question:

Some have wondered, if we are all descendants of Adam and Eve, why are there so many races? The Bible informed us 2,000 years ago that God has made all nations from "one blood." We are all of the same race—the "human race," descendants of Adam and Eve, something science is slowly coming to realize.

Reuters news service reported the following article by Maggie Fox: Science may have caught up with the Bible, which says that Adam and Eve are the ancestors of all humans alive today. Peter Underhill of Stanford University in California remarked on findings published in the November 2000 issue of the journal Nature Genetics . . . Geneticists have long agreed there is no genetic basis to race—only to ethnic and geographic groups. "People look at a very conspicuous trait like skin color and they say, ‘Well, this person’s so different’ ...but that’s only skin deep," Underhill said. "When you look at the level of the Y chromosome you find that, gee, there is very little difference between them. And skin color differences are strictly a consequence of climate."

GO FIGURE

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Angel196(f): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
johnwizey: If you don't believe in him, pls don't try to confuse those that do....................everyman to his/her opinion
If u truely have reasons n faith in what u or who u believe in...and u accept beyond any reasonable doubt that its true, how could someone elses 'opinion' confuse u? Or is ur believe that questionable for u to start second guessing it? It obvious then that there are flaws in ur believe and sweetheart, thats an eye opner!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Angel196(f): 11:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage: Some of us find the Bible difficult to
comprehend and tag it as complicated.
On the other hand, some of us feel we
know the Bible inside out. Well, this
article lists down some Bible fun facts
that will challenge our knowledge of the
Bible.

The Bible is a unique book, as there
hasn't been a book like this ever written
before. Written over a period of 1500
years, it has been written over 40
generations by over 40 authors, from
different walks of life like poets,
fishermen, kings, shepherds, peasants
and scholars, under the inspiration of
the Holy Spirit.
Another interesting fact;
Do u know the bible consists of many errors n contradictions which makes it easy to question its validity? How then can we accept all the other interesting fact when many facts are turned into fiction and fantasy or whatever? Just asking(-_~)
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
mindurbiznes:

[i]Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
[b]Buddha
in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

simmiler

Buddha and Jesus Christ have so many point of convergence. Buddha did not claim any divine revelation yet is teachings are similar to that of Christ. This often make me wonder
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by blakky97(m): 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ezemmuo1: dear blakky....please can you explain this scripture to me written more than 5000 years ago Job 26:7" He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."
Use google.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2014

You are missing my point. I wasn't claiming his theory can't be proven. I was stating we don't need to physically see the man to believe in his work. I never met him and I shouldn't have to meet him to know that his work pioneer modern day physics. I never met the founding founders of America but I believe they drew up and wrote the constitution of the US because I can trace the evidence and historical record to prove they did. I never met Matthew, Mark, Luke and John but we have their earliest manuscripts that predates the compilation of the Bible and gave their accounts of Jesus, what He did and who He was. That is not fable, that is history

You have proven my point - it is invisible yet we still believe in it - that was ll I was trying to pass across.

All your questions doesn't negate what we have today Bros. It's your personal opinion to believe what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe. However, to claim what others believe are fables without providing authoritative sources is at best laughable
look, if einsteins theory wasn't practical I wouldn't have cared about him or his work. but when you talk about the Bible, a book that has been rewritten by so many different writers who have altered and changed so many times due to the fact that the writers had little understanding of the language or the manuscripts were old and the writings were hard to read. some even changed the words in the manuscripts to suite their personal needs. here's a question for you, have you seen the bible doing any of what it claims to do? yet you seem to blindly accept it. everything in the world disproves the existence of god. why don't you give me a single non biblical proof of God's existence. you also haven't answered my question, how do you explain the existence of savages in most part of the world before colonialism.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Validated: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Richhommie: Very interesting esp the one about psalm 117,118 and 119.
Fp tinz

[size=14pt]Just to add that though disputed by some theologians, the middle verse of the Bible is Psalm 118:8 and it says 'It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.'
[/size]

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
you need Jesus...am serioussmiley

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by 2gbasky22(m): 12:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Oh yeah?...........u got me wanting to read more

"don't be afraid" 365 times? Am not going to forget that in a hurry
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 12:54am On Aug 18, 2014

Bros - you are hear calling others stupid for having faith in God yet you are the one that can't prove evolution but "believe" in the "million of years" crap that can't be proven scientifically or historically. I wonder who has blind faith

Malu - adaptation is different from evolution. Africans have adapted to their environment, we are used to the heat, the malaria the environment. The same way Icelanders and Russians are used to the cold. If an African goes to Iceland, he doesn't become big-foot; he doesn't "mutate", he adapts to his environments. We are made of different kinds, humans are their own kind, fish their own kind and apparently idiots of their own kind grin

Did the Bible talk about the Internet, did the Bible speak about Chiwawas either? Bros - put these in perspective. Here is a summary on your race question:

Some have wondered, if we are all descendants of Adam and Eve, why are there so many races? The Bible informed us 2,000 years ago that God has made all nations from "one blood." We are all of the same race—the "human race," descendants of Adam and Eve, something science is slowly coming to realize.

Reuters news service reported the following article by Maggie Fox: Science may have caught up with the Bible, which says that Adam and Eve are the ancestors of all humans alive today. Peter Underhill of Stanford University in California remarked on findings published in the November 2000 issue of the journal Nature Genetics . . . Geneticists have long agreed there is no genetic basis to race—only to ethnic and geographic groups. "People look at a very conspicuous trait like skin color and they say, ‘Well, this person’s so different’ ...but that’s only skin deep," Underhill said. "When you look at the level of the Y chromosome you find that, gee, there is very little difference between them. And skin color differences are strictly a consequence of climate."

GO FIGURE
you are completely using science to prove your assertions. bible doesn't fhucking talk about adapting to our environment?? don't say that's irrelevant because most problems in history are based on race. wow you just made a statement out of your own will, how can you say humans dont mutate?? explain cancer to me then. if we humans stay in our respective environments for more prolonged periods of time, there will be more apparent differences between us. I asked you about dinosaurs to test your level of intelligence but it turns out its not that great. dinosaurs existed everywhere on earth and being such vicious and large carnivores, primitive humans stood no chance against them. they would have devoured humans to extinction. the bible mentioned many animals which were much less threats but not once was the dinosaur described. explain how such a prominent animal was ignored in the flawed bible. just as there is very little genetic difference between humans and apes. of course there will be only physical difference between humans or were you expecting our genetic composition to change due to a hundred years of isolation on different continents. I don't care about a report by Reuters , so does one man's flawed understanding of the human genome have to be used to disprove proven facts. honestly people like you who feel they know everything even without proof are the cause of Africa's stagnant development.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by olamithey(m): 2:21am On Aug 18, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
that is the reason why He's called God! He uses the little things to confuse the wise! U need Jesus bro!

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 2:57am On Aug 18, 2014
Missy89:

Ok if you insist then.
i believe i can learn a thing or two

tell me about the 10 commandments

is it the one in Exodus 20:1-17
OR
in Exodus 34 :1-28
go straight to the point, what is it you want to know about the ten commandments?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 4:27am On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: go straight to the point, what is it you want to know about the ten commandments?

which one of those 2 versions in different chapters are the 10 commandments?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Youngsage: 6:51am On Aug 18, 2014
slogozer: I hope you don't mind my using this on our facebook page? Thanks for sharing such profound and treasurable facts. God bless you and your generation for us in Jesus name
Not at all! You're welcome, but pls do change the '6 million' figure to '6 billion', was a typo, and I can no longer modify my opening post. smiley
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by jayAjoku(m): 6:57am On Aug 18, 2014
Missy89:

LMAO...

yeah of course sweetheart I meant seeing your physical brain
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2014
Missy89:

which one of those 2 versions in different chapters are the 10 commandments?
(Read Exodus 34:1-4) When God made man in his own image, the moral law was written in his heart, by the finger of God, without outward means. But since the covenant then made with man was broken, the Lord has used the ministry of men, both in writing the law in the Scriptures, and in writing it in the heart. When God was reconciled to the Israelites, he ordered the tables to be renewed, and wrote his law in them. Even under the gospel of peace by Christ, the moral law continues to bind believers. Though Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, yet not from the commands of it. The first and the best evidence of the pardon of sin, and peace with God, is the writing the law in the heart. (Read Exodus 34:5-9) The Lord descended by some open token of his presence and manifestation of his glory in a cloud, and thence proclaimed his NAME; that is, the perfections and character which are denoted by the name JEHOVAH. The Lord God is merciful; ready to forgive the sinner, and to relieve the needy. Gracious; kind, and ready to bestow undeserved benefits. Long- suffering; slow to anger, giving time for repentance, only punishing when it is needful. He is abundant in goodness and truth; even sinners receive the riches of his bounty abundantly, though they abuse them. All he reveals is infallible truth, all he promises is in faithfulness. Keeping mercy for thousands; he continually shows mercy to sinners, and has treasures, which cannot be exhausted, to the end of time. Forgiving iniquity, and transgression, and sin; his mercy and goodness reach to the full and free forgiveness of sin. And will by no means clear the guilty; the holiness and justice of
God are part of his goodness and love towards all his creatures. In Christ's sufferings, the Divine holiness and justice are fully shown, and the evil of sin is made known. God's forgiving mercy is always attended by his converting, sanctifying grace. None are pardoned but those who repent and forsake the allowed practice of every sin; nor shall any escape, who abuse, neglect, or despise this great salvation. Moses bowed down, and worshipped reverently. Every perfection in the name of God, the believer may plead with Him for the forgiveness of his sins, the making holy of his heart, and the enlargement of the Redeemer's kingdom (Read Exodus 34:10-17) The Israelites are commanded to destroy every monument of idolatry, however curious or costly; to refuse all alliance, friendship, or marriage with idolaters, and all idolatrous feasts; and they were reminded not with idolaters, and all idolatrous feats; and they were reminded not to repeat the crime of making molten images. Jealously is called the rage of a man, Proverbs 6:34; but in God it is holy and just displeasure. Those cannot worship God aright, who do not worship him only. (Read Exodus 34:18-27) Once a week they must rest, even in ploughing time, and in harvest. All worldly business must give way to that holy rest; even harvest work will prosper the better, for the religious observance of the sabbath day in harvest time. We must show that we prefer our communion with God, and our duty to him, before the business or the joy of harvest. Thrice a year they must appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel. Canaan was a desirable land, and the neighbouring nations were greedy; yet God says, They shall not desire it. Let us check all sinful desires against God and his glory, in our hearts, and then trust him to check all sinful desires in the hearts of others against us. The wayof duty is the way of safety. Those who venture for him never lose by him. Three feasts are here mentioned: 1. The Passover, in remembrance of the deliverance out of Egypt. 2. The feast of weeks, or the feast of Pentecost; added to it is the law of the first-fruits. 3. The feast of in-gathering, or
the feast of Tabernacles. Moses is to write these words, that the people might know them better. We can never be enough thankful to God for the written word. God would make a covenant with Israel, in Moses as a mediator. Thus the covenant of
grace is made with believers through Christ. (Read Exodus 34:28-35) Near and spiritual communion with God improves the graces of a renewed and holy character. Serious godliness puts a lustre upon a man's countenance, such as commands esteem and affection. The vail which Moses put on, marked the obscurity of that dispensation, compared with the gospel dispensation of the New Testament. It was also an emblem of the natural vail on the hearts of men respecting spiritual things. Also the vail that was and is upon the nation of Israel, which can only be taken away by the Spirit of the Lord showing to them Christ, as the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Fear and unbelief would put the vail before us, they
would hinder our free approach to the mercy-seat above. We should spread our wants, temporal and spiritual, fully before our heavenly Father; we should tell him our hinderances, struggles, trails, and temptations; we should acknowledge our offences.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ezemmuo1: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2014
alcuin: To all of you quoting me left, right and center without saying thing meaningful. All you do is quote references from the bible, which is of little value to the issues I raised in the first page.

Even, some f00ls called me an atheist.

Well, all I can say is, you guys are all f00ls but I don't blame you, if your minds well properly developed you wouldn't be needing an antiquated book to tell you how best to live your life. You need fables, myths, animal stories to understand yourselves just like children that you are.

First of all, Moses never wrote any book. If you think otherwise, how then can a man write how he died in his book? Common sense. Read the last chapter of Deuteronomy, a book supposedly written by Moses.

The story of Jesus dying on the cross, resurrecting after three days and called the Son of God is nothing but a re-enactment of myths Egyptian gods and goddesses, which existed 2000 years before Jesus was born. Research on Horus and Osiris.

Let me not get too serious with you f00ls, but think of it. You believe that one day a trumpet will sound and you guys will levitate into the clouds? You believe that you have to bribe God with tithes for blessings? F00LS!!!!!!!

To think that Nigerians walk around, well dressed and yet with empty brains is surprising. No wonder men of gods make millions of dollars teaching balderdash. That is the reason why Africa will remain backwards for a long time. You guys believe in too much fiction and argue ignorantly over it, no, even kill your neighbors because of it.

MUGUS!
there are two types of atheists,the Cynic and the skeptic...if you are a true skeptic as you seem to claim instead of a plain simple cynic, take your time and do some research starting with the piece attached and follow the trail from the links to numerous research works provided,some of them from proven skeptics.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BukkyDan(f): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Awww....such a nice piece. The Holy Bible is truly a wonderful book.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: (Read Exodus 34:1-4) When God made man in his own image, the moral law was written in his heart, by the finger of God, without outward means. But since the covenant then made with man was broken, the Lord has used the ministry of men, both in writing the law in the Scriptures, and in writing it in the heart. When God was reconciled to the Israelites, he ordered the tables to be renewed, and wrote his law in them. Even under the gospel of peace by Christ, the moral law continues to bind believers. Though Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, yet not from the commands of it. The first and the best evidence of the pardon of sin, and peace with God, is the writing the law in the heart. (Read Exodus 34:5-9) The Lord descended by some open token of his presence and manifestation of his glory in a cloud, and thence proclaimed his NAME; that is, the perfections and character which are denoted by the name JEHOVAH. The Lord God is merciful; ready to forgive the sinner, and to relieve the needy. Gracious; kind, and ready to bestow undeserved benefits. Long- suffering; slow to anger, giving time for repentance, only punishing when it is needful. He is abundant in goodness and truth; even sinners receive the riches of his bounty abundantly, though they abuse them. All he reveals is infallible truth, all he promises is in faithfulness. Keeping mercy for thousands; he continually shows mercy to sinners, and has treasures, which cannot be exhausted, to the end of time. Forgiving iniquity, and transgression, and sin; his mercy and goodness reach to the full and free forgiveness of sin. And will by no means clear the guilty; the holiness and justice of
God are part of his goodness and love towards all his creatures. In Christ's sufferings, the Divine holiness and justice are fully shown, and the evil of sin is made known. God's forgiving mercy is always attended by his converting, sanctifying grace. None are pardoned but those who repent and forsake the allowed practice of every sin; nor shall any escape, who abuse, neglect, or despise this great salvation. Moses bowed down, and worshipped reverently. Every perfection in the name of God, the believer may plead with Him for the forgiveness of his sins, the making holy of his heart, and the enlargement of the Redeemer's kingdom (Read Exodus 34:10-17) The Israelites are commanded to destroy every monument of idolatry, however curious or costly; to refuse all alliance, friendship, or marriage with idolaters, and all idolatrous feasts; and they were reminded not with idolaters, and all idolatrous feats; and they were reminded not to repeat the crime of making molten images. Jealously is called the rage of a man, Proverbs 6:34; but in God it is holy and just displeasure. Those cannot worship God aright, who do not worship him only. (Read Exodus 34:18-27) Once a week they must rest, even in ploughing time, and in harvest. All worldly business must give way to that holy rest; even harvest work will prosper the better, for the religious observance of the sabbath day in harvest time. We must show that we prefer our communion with God, and our duty to him, before the business or the joy of harvest. Thrice a year they must appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel. Canaan was a desirable land, and the neighbouring nations were greedy; yet God says, They shall not desire it. Let us check all sinful desires against God and his glory, in our hearts, and then trust him to check all sinful desires in the hearts of others against us. The wayof duty is the way of safety. Those who venture for him never lose by him. Three feasts are here mentioned: 1. The Passover, in remembrance of the deliverance out of Egypt. 2. The feast of weeks, or the feast of Pentecost; added to it is the law of the first-fruits. 3. The feast of in-gathering, or
the feast of Tabernacles. Moses is to write these words, that the people might know them better. We can never be enough thankful to God for the written word. God would make a covenant with Israel, in Moses as a mediator. Thus the covenant of
grace is made with believers through Christ. (Read Exodus 34:28-35) Near and spiritual communion with God improves the graces of a renewed and holy character. Serious godliness puts a lustre upon a man's countenance, such as commands esteem and affection. The vail which Moses put on, marked the obscurity of that dispensation, compared with the gospel dispensation of the New Testament. It was also an emblem of the natural vail on the hearts of men respecting spiritual things. Also the vail that was and is upon the nation of Israel, which can only be taken away by the Spirit of the Lord showing to them Christ, as the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Fear and unbelief would put the vail before us, they
would hinder our free approach to the mercy-seat above. We should spread our wants, temporal and spiritual, fully before our heavenly Father; we should tell him our hinderances, struggles, trails, and temptations; we should acknowledge our offences.

I asked you a very simple question.

which of the 2 is the ten commandments and what is the other one all about. Instead you replied me with a novel .

i was expecting a 2-3 line answer. i am sure you can do that

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! / Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114