Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49652 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gold45:

Does that automatically mean they would have forced humans into extinction? Why wasn't the ancient apes or whatever mammal that existed driven into extinction?
Between, I assume you are above 18years, respond maturely, this isn't a warfare.
most mammals that existed with the dinosaurs were little rats and other primitive rodents. their relatively small size enabled them to hide and easily remain unnoticeable by the large carnivores. it was until dinosaurs were destroyed by the meteor that these smaller rodents had the whole world to themselves and evolved into the more complex mammals we have today. the dinosaurs will have led early man to extinction due to many reasons which include:

1. being primitive meant we lacked any sophisticated form of weaponry, and shelter and therefore an encounter with a dangerous animal such as a dinosaur will most likely have a fatal ending.
2. we aren't fast enough to outrun these animals
3. we were very few in number and probably hadn't established ourselves on all continents yet.
4. we would have existed in a hunter gatherer society which meant serious competition for food.
this does not mean that humans didn't stand a chance but if we were alive when the meteor hit the earth, it would have also wiped us out.
so to sum things up, the meteor that exterminated the dinosaurs actually worked in our favour.
what do you mean by acting mature? you've never been in an argument before?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94: and that's why people who read the bible remain in thecworst possible conditions on earth.
which people? What do yuh mean?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: which people? What do yuh mean?
all people who believe in the funny kid stories in the bible such as god destroying the tower of babel, Adam and Eve, how Noah successfully gathered all the animals and insects in the world into his ark, I don't know if he also carried bacteria , algae and other microorganisms. please don't deceive yourself,the same white man that brainwashed you with the bible is now throwing that idea out the window.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94: all people who believe in the funny kid stories in the bible such as god destroying the tower of babel, Adam and Eve, how Noah successfully gathered all the animals and insects in the world into his ark, I don't know if he also carried bacteria , algae and other microorganisms. please don't deceive yourself,the same white man that brainwashed you with the bible is now throwing that idea out the window.
they r not kid stories....The work oF God cannot be understood ordinarily...but by Faith,that's why the Bible says:Faith is the sunstance of things Hoped for and the evidence of things not seen...u don't have to see it to believe whether it happened or not.....when you go from ordinary to spiritual,you will really understand the works of God....
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: they r not kid stories....The work oF God cannot be understood ordinarily...but by Faith,that's why the Bible says:Faith is the sunstance of things Hoped for and the evidence of things not seen...u don't have to see it to believe whether it happened or not.....when you go from ordinary to spiritual,you will really understand the works of God....
you see every proof for the bible can only be found in the bible. lemme tell you something, if god really created the earth, he wouldn't require the bible to prove anything as the world itself would be a proof. I want to ask you this: do you have faith?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94:
you see every proof for the bible can only be found in the bible. lemme tell you something, if god really created the earth, he wouldn't require the bible to prove anything as the world itself would be a proof. I want to ask you this: do you have faith?
yeah ofcourse I do have faith o...and a perfect reality of the Bible is Israel..and Jerusalem,you just have to read the story of Israel?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: yeah ofcourse I do have faith o...and a perfect reality of the Bible is Israel..and Jerusalem,you just have to read the story of Israel?
according to Mathew 21:21
" Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not
doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but
also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the
sea,' and it will be done.". in essence, according to Jesus you can do supernatural and humanly impossible actions if you have faith. if you can't do any of these, you lack faith. and without faith you will burn in hell. now I want to ask you, can you do what Jesus just mentioned above? If you can't I am sorry to tell you that god has probably enlisted your name as a fuel source for hell.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94: according to Mathew 21:21
" Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not
doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but
also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the
sea,' and it will be done.". in essence, according to Jesus you can do supernatural and humanly impossible actions. if you can't do any of these, you don't have faith. and without faith you will burn in hell. now I want to ask you can you do what Jesus just mentioned above? I you can't I am sorry to tell you that the god has probably enlisted your name as the fuel source for hell.
really? I can't just go about saying things just because I have faith....if the Holyspirit leads me,I will definitely do it...its not about exercising the faith in a negative way
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: really? I can't just go about saying things just because I have faith....if the Holyspirit leads me,I will definitely do it...its not about exercising the faith in a negative way
don't deceive yourself, Jesus never gave any condition for this action. with so much problems in Nigeria the least you can do is destroy boko haram or the host of problems plaguing Nigeria. how can you do something negative in the name of god? is god blind or stupid?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Gold45(f): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94:
most mammals that existed with the dinosaurs were little rats and other primitive rodents. their relatively small size enabled them to hide and easily remain unnoticeable by the large carnivores. it was until dinosaurs were destroyed by the meteor that these smaller rodents had the whole world to themselves and evolved into the more complex mammals we have today. the dinosaurs will have led early man to extinction due to many reasons which include:

1. being primitive meant we lacked any sophisticated form of weaponry, and shelter and therefore an encounter with a dangerous animal such as a dinosaur will most likely have a fatal ending.
2. we aren't fast enough to outrun these animals
3. we were very few in number and probably hadn't established ourselves on all continents yet.
4. we would have existed in a hunter gatherer society which meant serious competition for food.
this does not mean that humans didn't stand a chance but if we were alive when the meteor hit the earth, it would have also wiped us out.
so to sum things up, the meteor that exterminated the dinosaurs actually worked in our favour.
what do you mean by acting mature? you've never been in an argument before?

interesting.
so evolution moved from fish to rats.

How did dinosaurs become so complex while the rest of the world was still at the rat level
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gold45:

interesting.
so evolution moved from fish to rats.

can you point exactly to where I insinuated that?

Gold45:
How did dinosaurs become so complex while the rest of the world was still at the rat level
dinosaurs were not more complex than other animals but were much more larger. reasons for which herbivorous dinosaurs such as the diplodocus were humongous include:
1. during the Jurassic period there were abundant trees and plants and therefore a surplus source of food meant larger sizes
2. dinosaurs were cold blooded animals and therefore larger sizes had no effect on their body temperature and chemistry.
3. the fact that they laid eggs eliminated the stress of birthing large offsprings.
4. to have the edge in predation.
now, you should know evolution is driven by change, and animals like sharks, crocs and many other snakes have not evolved for up to 400 million years simply because they do not need to evolve as they have the available body parts and adaptions to exist in their environment.
mammals, being warm blooded animals, could not evolve into much larger creatures and therefore became smaller to hide from the rampant predation. FYI mammals were not the only animals during the Jurassic period as they were reptiles, birds(mostly dinosaurs), and many creatures in the ocean.

why do you keep asking me questions that you can easily find answers to on Google?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94

this is from wikipedia " Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection appears to be involved in
the development of more than 90% of cases. Most people
who have had HPV infections; however, do not develop cervical
cancer. Other risk factors include: smoking, a weak immune system , birth control pills , starting sex at a young age and having many sexual partners, but these are less important."
however this Is just one of several cancers.
"Most cancers are thought to arise from a single mutant precursor
cell. As that cell divides, the resulting 'daughter' cells may acquire
different mutations and different behaviors over a period of time.
Those cells that gain an advantage in division or resistance to cell
death will tend to take over the population. In this way, the
tumor cells are able to gain a wide range of capabilities that are
not normally seen in the healthy version of the cell type. Mutations in key regulatory genes (tumor suppressors and proto-
oncogenes) alter the behavior of cells and can potentially lead to
the unregulated growth seen in cancer.
For almost all types of cancer studied to date, it seems as if the
transition from a normal, healthy cell to a cancer cell is step-wise
progression that requires genetic changes in several different
oncogenes and tumor suppressors. This is one reason why cancer
is much more prevalent in older individuals. In order to generate a
cancer cell, a series of mutations must occur in the same cell."
culled from cancerquest.org

You and I can go on wikipedia right now and change that statement. This is taken from [url]cancer.org[/url]:

Just a few types of HPV are the main causes of cervical cancer, which is the second most common cancer among women worldwide. Cervical cancer has become much rarer in the United States because the Pap test has been widely available for many years. This test can show pre-cancerous changes in cells of the cervix that might be caused by HPV infection. These changed cells can then be treated or removed, if needed. Treatment can keep cancer from developing. Doctors may now also test for HPV, which can tell them if a woman might be at higher risk for cervical cancer.

and yet prominent scientists and astronomers like Galileo were arrested for proposing the earth orbited the sun which was against the Bible's teaching of the earth being the centre of the universe.

Bros, who arrested him? The Catholics or is it in the Bible to arrest free thinkers? You are here again confusing the pope and Catholics who ruled most of Europe and wielded massive political power.

you ignored my question " I asked you of adaptation and you mentioned the internet, is adaptation a human creation? like I said racial differences have been the root of most wars in history, if the bible is really a form of guidance for humans don't you thinkthe bible would have addressed the issue of race and adaptation, the Bible's failure in doing that discredits its importance."

I didn't ignore your question. This is another case of arguing from silence. I have repeated several times that silence or non-mention of an argument in the Bible doesn't mean the Bible is irrelevant on the subject. It was at that time that I gave examples of the Internet. The Bible talked about the golden rule - "Treat others as you would expect to be treated". The Bible doesn't care about the color of your skin - there is only one race that is relevant in the Bible and that is human-race.

The Bible claim the earth was round centuries before scientist agreed it was. The norm was that the earth was flat.

then why don't you give me any biblical proof that suggests humans existed for over 250 million years.

Again, you are arguing from silence. The Bible wasn't the one that claimed man never existed before the dinosaurs - it's you and evolution that claimed it. The Bible describes creatures as big as dinosaurs thousands of years before they were discovered but you will ignore as usual

just as you weren't there to see god create the earth

You have just conceded that evolution is based on faith Bros. I told you that no one can prove God created the universe at least not historically. In the same way, claiming that we came from fish without proper historical and objective trace is based on faith as well. While I am basing my faith on an intelligent design; you are basing your faith on random chance.

this is a quote from bigcatrescue.org
"Since lions and tigers do not exist in the same areas, this is not
something that happens in the wild. It is done in captivity by disreputable carnies to produce a freak that ignorant people will pay to see. These cats suffer from many birth defects and usually die young. Because ligers are usually larger than either parent, it also puts the tigress at great risk in carrying the young and may require C-section deliveries or kill her in the
process."

I also suggested that you can do artificial insemination, if you don't want to sleep with the female ape. Either which way if we are of the same DNA and gene; you guys should be able to conceive. The reason tigers and lions can't physically mate is because structurally it will be hard hence the reason they are artificially produced. To you it is a freak, to others it is evidence that they are of the same gene and type. I asked you about the Horse and Donkey and you never responded. There are several different breed of dogs that mate and give off-string but you ignored those as well.

bottom line is that its unnatural. FYI this is possible because they are of the same family, try that with a fish and a lion. I wouldn't mate with an ape not because it is impossible but unnatural just as a gorilla wouldn't naturally mate with a chimpanzee.

You keep proving my point - how can a man come from a fish or tadpole if we are not of the same family? How did we originate from fish we can can't mate with a fish and produce off-spring? You keep poking holes in your evolution theory. All the same - it is is possible and since we are 98% similar to apes; please artificially produce an off-spring with an ape to put this matter to and end

Of course, that is a reasoble step, creationism has no place in an educational institution. evolution has proven to be successful in biology and essentially all spheres of life. if you can use your creation ideologies to explain any feasible phenomenon, please the stage is yours!!

Coming from someone who claims a fish and a lion can't produce yet we all came from a fish - that is how the mind of an evolutionist works grin

what I was going at is the fact that testing drugs on animals to determine their effects effects on humans destroys the biblical notions that humans are unique.

It's not an issue of been unique - it is avoiding the legal battles and high insurance bail-outs of failed drug tests. As a result, they go with the alternate and cheap route - testing on animals. If drug A kills an ape, it's better and it killing a human - it's not good publicity for the company.

please can you upload the images of the cave paintings you are talking about?

I will give you an authoritative reference accordingly

some of this creatures are extinct but their fossils were perfectly preserved. if you find that to complex for your understanding, below is an image depicting the different stages of a frog's development.

I am interested in every single step i.e. when a fish changed at stage one to stage 10 when it became a human. If you can provide authoritative references to each fossil that you have personally confirm; we can then look into it together. If you are talking about the fossils that are stuffed with cotton at the museums, I urge you not to waste your time

The AD/BC notation was first proposed by the monk Dionysius
Exiguus (Dennis the Little) in the year 525 CE. He used it to
identify the years in the Easter tables that he prepared. He did
not use the notation to date historical events. "Dionysius implied,
but never stated, that Jesus was born 25 December 1 BC ."The
basis on which he linked the divide between BC and AD to the
birth of Jesus is unknown. There is general agreement that he
guessed incorrectly. Most theologians and religious historians
believe that Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus) was born during a Fall --
or less likely during a Spring, sometime between 7 and 4 BCE.
However, we have seen estimates as as early as the second
century BCE and as late as 4 CE. "Another calculation had been developed by the Alexandrian monk Annianus around the year AD 400, placing the Annunciation on March 25, AD 9 (Julian) -- exactly 8 years after the date that Dionysius later calculated. This Era of Incarnation was dominant in the East during the early centuries of the Byzantine Empire, and is still used today in Ethiopia, accounting for the 8 or 7-year discrepancy between the Gregorian and the Ethiopian calendar."The Anno Domini era became dominant in Western Europe only after it was used by the Venerable Bede to date the events in his Ecclesiastical History of the English People , completed in 731" CE."Even though Anno Domini was in widespread use by the ninth
century [CE] Before Christ (or its equivalent) did not become
widespread until the late fifteenth century....In 1422 [CE],
Portugal became the last country of western Europe to adopt the
Anno Domini ..." notation.

Does that change the fact that BC - before Christ and AD - after Christ death is used to measure history everywhere today?

you seem to be getting pretty aggressive and insulting but I don't mind

Not aggressive, passionate smiley. No harm intended by the way. Also, the picture about a tapole shows how it develops into a frog, it never turns into a snake or fish. Your fish to human explanation can't be proven Bros and you have conceded that it is based on faith
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94

haha, then, you just made yourself clearer, I can't put my faith in a belief that cannot be proven. only evolution can explain the diversity of animals on the islands of Galapagos. go figure.

Oh you just did - you believe we came from fish. I have asked you to prove it and you showed me an image grin. Can you show us on the Island of Galapagos if any of the animals changed from one kind to another different kind i.e. from bird to alligators?

these are quotes from wikipedia made by archeologist studying ancient manuscripts:
"Every year, several New Testament manuscripts handwritten in
the original Greek format are discovered. The latest substantial
find was in 2008, when 47 new manuscripts were discovered in
Albania ; at least 17 of them unknown to Western scholars. [5]
When comparing one manuscript to another, with the exception
of the smallest fragments, no two copies agree throughout. There has been an estimate of 400,000 variations among all these manuscripts (from the 2nd to 15th century which is more than there are words in the New Testament. Somewhere variations involve apparently intentional changes, which often make more difficult a determination of whether they were corrections from better exemplars, harmonizations between readings, or ideologically motivated.
Palaeography is the study of ancient writing, and textual criticism is the study of manuscripts in order to reconstruct a probable original text. An important issue with manuscripts is preservation."
"The earliest New Testament manuscripts were written on papyrus ,made from a reed that grew abundantly in the Egyptian Nile. Delta. This tradition continued as late as the 8th century. Papyrus eventually becomes brittle and deteriorates with age. The dry climate of Egypt allowed some papyrus manuscripts to
be partially preserved, but, with the exception of P 77, no New
Testament papyrus manuscript is complete; many consist only
of a single fragmented page."

Using wikipedia as your source of defense is at best laughable. I can go online and change the entire page. I asked you a simple question. If the early manuscripts have been altered as you suggest; can you tell us which ones, when they were altered and by whom. It is a simple question enough

I asked for any miracles or signs the bible talks about in reality or which you have observed yourself.

Jesus performed many miracles. Personally I have seem a crippled woman walk. I don't know if that is enough evidence of you

I gave you an open field.

Your call, your choice determines my response

I asked how do you explain the savages and isolated tribes of Africa and south America who have no concept of life if we came from Adam and eve?

Have you tried asking them? grin
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
glitest: @ dstnd
Sorry love.
.....blushing ..awa u my dear

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
dstnd: .....blushing ..awa u my dear

I'm doing great; thanks for asking.. You?.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
glitest:

I'm doing great; thanks for asking.. You?.
...am great just returned from a journey

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
dstnd: ...am great just returned from a journey
My nosy self is on alert
Most be tired right?....Hmm!!..How was your journey??;So where did you travel to?.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
malvisguy212: tola9ja. Read this.

Who say Quran is God's words ?I believe
Quran is not God's words but the words of
Muhammad. What make me say this?
Iam a Christian that believed in searching
for the truth as a way of salvation.
Actually, i believed in Bible but i still want to learn about Islam. In quest for this, i
read the English Quran to see if its a true
book of God. On 24 of July 2014 i finished
the reading of Quran without Saadah and
these were what i discoverd that made
me says Quran is not the words of God but the worlds of Muhammad.
1.If you have read the Bible before and
you really understood what you read you
would agree with me that Quran isn't
God's words because it is not sound like
words of God. The Quran used the pronoun such as our, we, he when refers
to Allah.To me,Quran sound like words of
advice or explanatory words rather than
the report speech that it should be.Look
at this statement from Quran and tell if it
sound like Allah's words or report speech " This Quran is not such as can be
produced by other than Allah, on the
contrary it is a comfirmation of
(revelation) that went before it and a
fuller explanation of the book where in
there is no doubt it from the lord of the world " (Yunus 4:37)
whose statement is the above statement?
Even, if it is God's words, why would God
commends Quran to the extence of saying
" there is no doubt its from the lord of
world" who is doubting? Who is speaking ?Who is the lord of the world?
Also look at this
Or do they say " he forged it" say bring
then a surah like unto it and call ( to your
aid) any one you can beside Allah if it be
ye speak the truth" (Yunus 4:38) was/is Allah in arguement with the
people he created?
Another
Has the story of Moses reached thee?
(Those who pull out 2:15)
was Allah questioned Muhammad or Muhammad questioned people?
2 the Muslims claimed that Muhammad
was not a learner and that Angel Gabriel
appeard to him and asked him to read.
That is the only time Muhammad claimed
he saw an Angel. Muhammad claimed that, he was not a learner and that people
said "he forged Quran and the people
they are pointing to that he teaches him
(Muhammed) was christian but he does
not understand arab"
In another verse of Quran he says, the christians had testified to Quran that it is
like the other books that Allah sent and if
people doubted it they should ask them
(christians)
Muhammed heard the Christians when
they said Quran is like other books revealed by Allah, but Quran does not say
the language in which they
communicated to Muhammad. These
shows that Muhammad had Christians
around him when he was alive and they
can communicate with him. Muhammed claimed he received
messages through inspiration
" say iam man like you it reveal to me
through inspiration that your God is one
God" (Ha Him 1:6)
" Allah sent his Spirit of inspiration to all his servant" (The believer 2:15)
the definition of inspire is to fill with the
urge to do something or to creat a filling
in a person according to dictionary
meaning
i believed many things we human being are doing in life are by inspiration. The
authors can not write a book if not by
inspiration, the musicians cannot write
music without been inspired, when you
are inspired by the beauty of woman you
can write poem . The woman who said she was God, what inspired her?
Inspiraton required deep thought.
Muhammed source of inspiration cannot
be verified or confirmed. When God
speaks to Moses Moses heard his voice,
the Isaelite during the Moses time heard the voice of God, Samuel heard his
voice ,God speaks to some prophets in
their dreams, some of the prophets heard
the words of God and they were inspired
by Holy Spirit to say what they heard. The
apostles were inspired by Holy Spirit. How dn we know they were Inspired by Holy
Spirit? We know because they revealed
the hidden truths in the scripture. The
Bible told us of sarmaritan Queen who
was reading Scripture from the book of
Isaiah but did not understand what she was reading but Philip with the help of
Holy Spirit was able to explain it to her
and his explanation match with what was
happened .Paul with the help of holy
Spirit was able to explain how Jesus died
for our sins in accordance with the scripture but Muhammed's inspiration
denied others prophets writtings. Muslims
should tell us why they believed in
Muhammed's source of inspiration?
3 Muhammed desires and intetions were
what Muhammed made to be the words of Allah - Muslims said Muhammed was
not speak of his own desire but what
Allah revealed to him but the Quran and
Hadith proved this wrong. Because
Muhammed speaks of his own desires,
that is what make Quran useless without Hadith. Its the hadith that explained
Quran. is it surpose to be like that? Hadith
that is words of men explained Quran
that is the words of God. and the Quran is
said to be the book that Allah sent down.
That is funny. Look at this verse of Quran. " O ye who believe! Enter not the prophet
house until leave (permission) is given
you. For a meal (and then) not (so early
as) to wait for it preparation but when
you are invited, enter: and when you have
taken your meal, disperse, without seeking familiar talk such (behavious)
annoyed the prophet: he is shy to dismiss
you but Allah is not shy (to tell you) the
truth.And when you ask (his ladies for
anything ye want ask them from before a
screen that make for a greater purity for your hearts and for their. Non is it right
for you that ye should annoy Allah
messenger, or you should married is
widows after him at a time. Truely such a
thing is in Allah sight an enormity " ( the
Allies 6:53 i think the above issue should be the
decission of Muhammed alone .why did
Muhammed have to involve Allah. To me
Muhammed lied against Allah.He was shy
to tell them that he does not like their
behavious and he knows that if he speaks in Allah's name to them, they would fear
and not see him as a man with bad
temper.
Humm! He married so many widows in
the name of been nice to them but, he
does not want any man to share of his wife even when they become widows.
Hadith gave many accounts of Muhammed
using his intentions and desires to be the
words of Allah. The verse on his adopted
child (Saheed) was his desire, verse on
woman Muhammed could married (Zainab) was his desire ,the facing of
mecca(kaaba) when praying was his
desire, the Satanic verses (to unite his
tribe) was his desire and many more.
Allah in Quran always sent verses of
Quran in favour of Muhammed. what a lie !
4. No Hadith no Islam - Quran is not in
detail ,it will leave us with qestions when
reading it without knowlege of Hadith.
many of the doctrines of Islam are based
on Hadith, what would Muslims use to preach without Hadith? which prayer do
Muslims have to use without hadith?Let
take this for example.
There is no where in Quran that mention
or list 99 names of Allah. What Quran says
in similar to that is that, we should call Allah all the beautiful names we know. If
this should be the case, then, the names
of Allah can be more than 99.
Hadiths are useful in Islam , also they
exposed the lies of Muhammed. That is
why Muslims called some hadiths fabricated Hadith and Some Authentic
Hadiths. Many of the writters of Authentic
Hadith were also the Writers of
Fabricated Hadiths even Aisa one of the
prophet wives fabricates words. Who do
we have to trust? 5 Repetitions in Quran- if repetitions are
to be removed from Quran, i think the
suras would remain in Quran should not
be more than five suras. Why would God
continued to repeat thesame words in so
many times? If Muhammed was not have intention to make Quran look like Bible
why repetitions of words? What was the
idea behind the title of each Suras if
Muhammed was not jealous of Jew and
envey of Bible? If Quran is really God's
words,i think the title of Quran suras should be Muhammad like
Isaiah,Jerimaiah in Bible.Did God/ Allah
tells Muhammed to use those titles for
Quran's Suras?
Take notice of repetitions in Quran when
next you are reading it,you we understand what i mean.
We are still on repetition in Quran. I
found something funny in Quran and i
want the Muslims on this thread to tell me
if it was person that transliterated the
Quran i read that made the Mistake or not.What i found was that,The sura
Sandhills and Sura Muhammed has
thesame content also Sura The
Banishment and Sura The Examine One
was thesame in content.
If it was not mistaken,should what God sent down be like that?Who made that
mistakes God or Muhammed or those that
compiled it?
6.Sura the Cave -Muhammed was not
certain of the numbers of the Youth in
the story of the cave.He said "... some say they were three the dog be
the fourth among them, other say they
were five, the dog being the six doubtfully
quessing at unknown (yet others) say they
were seven the dog being the eight.Say
then my lord knoweth best their number.It is but few that knows there
(real case) Enter not into controversies
concerning them ,except on matter that is
clear,nor consult any of them about (the
affair of) the sleepers. The Cave 3: 22
what does Muhammed mean by"some" is it not Allah that revealed the story to
him? Why not knowing the numbers of
the youth in the cave?"my lord knoweth
best their numbers" those words shows
that it was'nt God that revealed the story
to Muhammed. I trust my God, God of Abraham, God that reavealed the dream
of Pharao to Joseph wthout go and come,
he revealed the dream of
Nheibuckadinazary to Daniel
I heard that the story was asked to test
the prophethood of Muhammed and it took Muhammed fifteen (15) good days to
answer and when he answerd see what
he was saying. Why can't Muhammed be
sured of their numbers?
7. 'They ask you about this , Say..... ' - I
hate that statement in Quran. Is Allah or Muhammed teaching his followers how to
tackle Christians and Jews? This shows
that Muhammed knows himself to be a
liar.
8. The Quran made mentioned of these
prophets. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and his eleven
brothers(not by names) Moses, Aaron,
Zakariah( John the Baptize's father) ,
Elias,David Solomon, John the Baptize,
Jesus. To confirme the Scripure that was
sent before Quran but Allah /Quran/ Muhammed did not make mention of
Many prophets such as Isaiah, Jeremaiah,
Ezeikel, Nehemaiah, Malachi,
Zechariah ,Amos. Were they not Prophet
of God?
Allah /Quran/ Muhammed tells the Stories of Adam, Abraham, Mose Aaron And
Pharao, the Thamud ,add, Sodom and
Gomarah, Mary, John the Baptize ,Jesus ,to
confirm scripture before Quran but what
about the prophecies of the above
prophets that Quran did not mention were they not from God? And if Muslims
would talk , they would say Quran is not a
story book.
9. The parables in Quran- cannot be
compared with Bible's parable . How
could God almighty gives those childish tale as parable. It proved Muhammed to
be a liar.
10. Muhamned the loveth prophet of
Allah, whose Allah has forgiven his past,
the present, and the future sins. The man
that would interceed for Muslims on the day of judgement. The man who knows
what God would say on the day of
Judgement and how God would judged
the sinner.
I just can fathom why Muhammed
deserved the merit he gave to himself over other prophets.
In a nutshell, Muhammed was self
proclaimed prophet that envey the Jews
because both arab and Jew were
decsendants of Abraham. He created his
religion to save arab of shame of not having a single prophet.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONE THAT WRITE THIS YOU COPY IT AND I HAVE REPLY IT SEVERAL TIMES SO IF U WANT TO LEARN LET TAKE IT ONE BY ONE AM VERY SURE IF WE FINISH YOU WILL FOLLOW WHAT JESUS PRACTICE (ISLAM) WITH ALOT OF BIBLICAL AND QURANIC EVIDENCE
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
glitest:
My nosy self is on alert
Most be tired right?....Hmm!!..How was your journey??;So where did you travel to?.
NA Ibadan for a dance competition jare
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
dstnd: NA Ibadan for a dance competition jare

My heart just melted.... So you went to my hometown?.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
glitest:

My heart just melted.... So you went to my hometown?.
yes ke...wia in Ibadan are u from.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
malvisguy212: give me one verse where God contradict himself.
SO YOU DONT SEE ANY ONE YOU CAN CHOOSE MOREOVER ALL THESE ARE NOT PRESENT IN THE BIBLE?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
dstnd: yes ke...wia in Ibadan are u from.
V
Can't spell it ohh grin grin
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
glitest:
V
Can't spell it ohh grin grin
....I understand don't worry....ve u eaten

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
dstnd: ....I understand don't worry....ve u eaten

Yes I have....Its after 11 @ night, so you ought to have taken dinner by now.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 1:58am On Aug 21, 2014
glitest:

Yes I have....Its after 11 @ night, so you ought to have taken dinner by now.
....yes ke.....can u pls send me ur number

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 21, 2014
dstnd: ....yes ke.....can u pls send me ur number

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
On Nairaland me?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by dstnd: 2:28am On Aug 21, 2014
glitest:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
On Nairaland me?
my email..
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 2:49am On Aug 21, 2014
cloudstar:

Oh you just did - you believe we came from fish. I have asked you to prove it and you showed me an image grin. Can you show us on the Island of Galapagos if any of the animals changed from one kind to another different kind i.e. from bird to alligators?

its now pretty clear you know nothing about evolution. I tried coming down to your level but its of no use to someone already brainwashed by the bible. why would they change from birds to reptiles? please go and study evolution because at this point, i understand that you have no idea of evolution but yet dismissed it. you can check out the island of Galapagos on Google and if you can explain to me how that happen, please do. I can't keep uploading images and quoting texts which you just dismiss without proof.

cloudstar:

Using wikipedia as your source of defense is at best laughable. I can go online and change the entire page. I asked you a simple question. If the early manuscripts have been altered as you suggest; can you tell us which ones, when they were altered and by whom. It is a simple question enough.
yes I knew you'll bring that up, but this is the source from which Wikipedia got the text. irr.org , if you are unreasonable enough to ask me such a question, I think its only fair for me to be also unreasonable... please can you find all the ancient manuscripts and compare its accuracy with the Bible and tell me how many times the bible was translated before it was finally translated into English.
cloudstar:
Jesus performed many miracles. Personally I have seem a crippled woman walk. I don't know if that is enough evidence of you
personally, I have also seen a crippled woman walk with artificial legs so I don't know what you mean??

cloudstar:
Your call, your choice determines my response
okay then a logical proof.

cloudstar:
Have you tried asking them? grin

they tried to kill me, so I came to you to explain that to me with your bible.
regarding your previous argument

this is a text from a christian website supporting that the earth is not more than 6,000 years old.
" The genealogy in Luke 3:23-38 goes from Jesus to Adam, a period of 4000 years showing the total age of the earth to be just over 6000 years. Young earth creationists readily accept the fact that the earth is a sphere; God “sitteth upon the circle of the
earth” (Isaiah 40.22). But they will not believe the sun orbits the
earth daily: “when the sun riseth” (2 Samuel 23:4). “the earth
abideth forever.” (Eccl 1:4) The earth is stationary in the center
of the universe. They believe one circle, but not the other." geocentricbible.com

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 5:36am On Aug 21, 2014
diarra94

its now pretty clear you know nothing about evolution. I tried coming down to your level but its of no use to someone already brainwashed by the bible. why would they change from birds to reptiles? please go and study evolution because at this point, i understand that you have no idea of evolution but yet dismissed it. you can check out the island of Galapagos on Google and if you can explain to me how that happen, please do. I can't keep uploading images and quoting texts which you just dismiss without proof.

I haven't used the Bible to prove anything Bros, you are the one bringing it in and comparing it with evolution. I have made my stance clear - I believe in intelligent design. The evolution you have tried to market here doesn't exist outside the confines of this thread. You have proven that your evolution is based on faith which is what I wanted you to admit all along. Whether you believe in God, the Bible or taking an ape as a wife is your cup of tea. Your problem is that you have given over your common sense to the "experts" of evolution - people who will rather die than admit in creationism or an intelligent design. Images and texts aren't proof if you are claiming we originated from fish and single cell organism. Science is observing, test, reproducing such tests and confirming if they are true. All you have done is talked about theory that can't you can only prove with images - you should do better than that.

yes I knew you'll bring that up, but this is the source from which Wikipedia got the text. irr.org , if you are unreasonable enough to ask me such a question, I think its only fair for me to be also unreasonable... please can you find all the ancient manuscripts and compare its accuracy with the Bible and tell me how many times the bible was translated before it was finally translated into English.

I wasn't the one that claimed the Bible was edited and updated and had many errors in them - you did. I posed the challenge for you to prove it by confirming which of the earliest manuscripts where edited or updated yet you are here shying away from the challenge. It shows you know little about the subject

personally, I have also seen a crippled woman walk with artificial legs so I don't know what you mean??

The God of the Bible doesn't use artificial legs when He heals people. Apparently, you have confined God to your limited exposure of what a miracle actually is

okay then a logical proof.

let us stick to the confines of logic, here goes:

1. Logically, it is impossible for you to know everything and since you don't know everything, you can't claim that there is no God
2. To rebuff the statement made in step 1; you will have to admit you know absolutely everything.

Please share your thoughts on the points raised above and we will proceed

they tried to kill me, so I came to you to explain that to me with your bible regarding your previous argument

Really, did you tell the police? What did you ask them, did you try to sleep with one of their females? grin

this is a text from a christian website supporting that the earth is not more than 6,000 years old.
" The genealogy in Luke 3:23-38 goes from Jesus to Adam, a period of 4000 years showing the total age of the earth to be just over 6000 years. Young earth creationists readily accept the fact that the earth is a sphere; God “sitteth upon the circle of the
earth” (Isaiah 40.22). But they will not believe the sun orbits the
earth daily: “when the sun riseth” (2 Samuel 23:4). “the earth
abideth forever.” (Eccl 1:4) The earth is stationary in the center
of the universe. They believe one circle, but not the other." geocentricbible.com

The Bible doesn’t say explicitly anywhere, "The earth is 6,000 years old". There are proponents of a young earth and proponents on an old earth theory. It boils down to a theological decision as it can't be proven historically. What you quoted above are proponents of a young earth.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2014
cloudstar: diarra94

I haven't used the Bible to prove anything Bros, you are the one bringing it in and comparing it with evolution. I have made my stance clear - I believe in intelligent design. The evolution you have tried to market here doesn't exist outside the confines of this thread. You have proven that your evolution is based on faith which is what I wanted you to admit all along. Whether you believe in God, the Bible or taking an ape as a wife is your cup of tea. Your problem is that you have given over your common sense to the "experts" of evolution - people who will rather die than admit in creationism or an intelligent design. Images and texts aren't proof if you are claiming we originated from fish and single cell organism. Science is observing, test, reproducing such tests and confirming if they are true. All you have done is talked about theory that can't you can only prove with images - you should do better than that.
just as you have put your faith in the bible which was written by men like you and i. hello, we are on a forum, if not text and images what do you want me to use? a 3d printer?

cloudstar:
I wasn't the one that claimed the Bible was edited and updated and had many errors in them - you did.

then are you insinuating that the bible was never edited or translated and it's content is accurate. if so you should be able to give substantial evidences.

cloudstar:
I posed the challenge for you to prove it by confirming which of the earliest manuscripts where edited or updated yet you are here shying away from the challenge. It shows you know little about the subject
I never shied away from your request, I quoted a text from an archeology site but you dismissed it.

cloudstar:
The God of the Bible doesn't use artificial legs when He heals people. Apparently, you have confined God to your limited exposure of what a miracle actually is
then why have you been unable to highlight any form of miracle you have observed excluding those in the bible

cloudstar:
let us stick to the confines of logic, here goes:

1. Logically, it is impossible for you to know everything and since you don't know everything, you can't claim that there is no God
2. To rebuff the statement made in step 1; you will have to admit you know absolutely everything.

Please share your thoughts on the points raised above and we will proceed
but then from a logical stance, there isnt proof for god either. if god really created the earth I don't think the bible is necessary. from the same logical reasoning, you can't eliminate evolution either.

cloudstar:
Really, did you tell the police? What did you ask them, did you try to sleep with one of their females? grin
I told them that Jesus is their lord and personal saviour even though he never knew of the existence of subsaharan Africa. but they rather got mad and told me the story of how their ancestors evolved even showing me the skeletons of their ancestors clearly depicting the change in skull size and backbone structure. when I insisted that god created humans from clay and air without water or blood they took their weapons and chased me out.

cloudstar:
The Bible doesn’t say explicitly anywhere, "The earth is 6,000 years old". There are proponents of a young earth and proponents on an old earth theory. It boils down to a theological decision as it can't be proven historically. What you quoted above are proponents of a young earth.

then based on your understanding of the bible, how old is the earth? if you also don't mind shelling the old earth theory.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2014
diarra94

just as you have put your faith in the bible which was written by men like you and i. hello, we are on a forum, if not text and images what do you want me to use? a 3d printer?

In summary, evolution is not proven science but blind faith. That is all I wanted you to admit and you have done you several times. So, whenever you tell yourself that evolution is true and more plausible than creationism, remember that both rely on faith. I rest my case grin.

You can't prove science with text and images. For example, I can prove gravity by taking a stone and dropping it; if it falls to the ground, I can repeat the experiment, document it, observe it and even have others confirm it - THAT IS SCIENCE. The same way, if I put concentrated sodium on H2O, I will get a combustive reaction; I can repeat such action and everytime get the same result. Unfortunately, the "science" of evolution doesn't fall into that category. Yet, people like you want us to accept it as true even when it's not even a theory but it is based on blind faith.

then are you insinuating that the bible was never edited or translated and it's content is accurate. if so you should be able to give substantial evidences.

You claimed it was. You inferred that the present Bible is the work of men because it is full of errors and have been edited and the entire theme corrupt. I challenged you to prove it by showing what was changed, when it was changed and by whom. I even asked you to refer to the earliest manuscript in question. You have refused to because you have little understanding on the subject.

I never shied away from your request, I quoted a text from an archeology site but you dismissed it.

You quoted from wikipedia. Wikipedia is not an authoritative reference when it comes to New Testament history. To prove a manuscript written in the 2nd century is corrupted; you will have to provide multiple attestation from several sources that can confirm that the manuscript in question was corrupt.

then why have you been unable to highlight any form of miracle you have observed excluding those in the bible

It appears you have reading comprehension. I told you that I have seen a crippled woman walk. You made fun of it and said you have seen the same with artificial limbs. I am referring to a lady that I saw over the course of a week that walked in clutches everyday and was healed by prayers. She got up and walked.

but then from a logical stance, there isnt proof for god either. if god really created the earth I don't think the bible is necessary. from the same logical reasoning, you can't eliminate evolution either.

You refused to answer my question. Are you claiming that you are all knowing? Your answer will logically decide if there is a possibility that God exists or not.

I told them that Jesus is their lord and personal saviour even though he never knew of the existence of subsaharan Africa. but they rather got mad and told me the story of how their ancestors evolved even showing me the skeletons of their ancestors clearly depicting the change in skull size and backbone structure. when I insisted that god created humans from clay and air without water or blood they took their weapons and chased me out.

Do you have any proof of this encounter i.e. a video or audio recording?

then based on your understanding of the bible, how old is the earth? if you also don't mind shelling the old earth theory

From my understanding, I would say several hundreds million years

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Dance At Traditional Wedding (Video) / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.