Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49655 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Missy89:

I asked you a very simple question.

which of the 2 is the ten commandments and what is the other one all about. Instead you replied me with a novel .

i was expecting a 2-3 line answer. i am sure you can do that
exodus 20 was the first, moses broke it, is there any contradiction in the both,? Why not post it. Thank you. Stay blessed my sister.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: exodus 20 was the first, moses broke it, is there any contradiction in the both,? Why not post it. Thank you. Stay blessed my sister.

They were both different. that is why i asked which is which. because if the first was broken, the second should be the same with the first.

This was what was written in the new stones in Exodus 34:1-28

The New Stone Tablets
34 The Lord said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2 Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain. 3 No one is to come with you or be seen anywhere on the mountain; not even the flocks and herds may graze in front of the mountain.”

4 So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the Lord had commanded him; and he carried the two stone tablets in his hands. 5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

8 Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped. 9 “Lord,” he said, “if I have found favor in your eyes, then let the Lord go with us. Although this is a stiff-necked people, forgive our wickedness and our sin, and take us as your inheritance.”

10 Then the Lord said: “I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the Lord, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles.[a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.[b] 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Everything u want,everything that is hapu'ning,everything that will happen on this earth is in the bible....wow i love the bible,even the devil reads the bible........but i dont read it,thats my problem cry
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by romzyxy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Missmossy: These are indeed interesting facts,now i know the Bible could be read aloud within 70 hourscheesy

i ran a calculation check on that......n it's approximately 71hrs.........
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by kcbaba007: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
hmmmnnnn nice one.
very very informative.
tanku
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Missy89:

They were both different. that is why i asked which is which. because if the first was broken, the second should be the same with the first.

This was what was written in the new stones in Exodus 34:1-28

The New Stone Tablets
34 The Lord said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2 Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain. 3 No one is to come with you or be seen anywhere on the mountain; not even the flocks and herds may graze in front of the mountain.”

4 So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the Lord had commanded him; and he carried the two stone tablets in his hands. 5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

8 Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped. 9 “Lord,” he said, “if I have found favor in your eyes, then let the Lord go with us. Although this is a stiff-necked people, forgive our wickedness and our sin, and take us as your inheritance.”

10 Then the Lord said: “I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the Lord, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles.[a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.[b] 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.
so, what your point? God gave moses the ten commandment and in exodus gave him another law,so what? Did the second law favour sinner's? The bible say"to him who know what is right and dos no do it, to him it is sin" in the ten commandment, is there anytin like "thou shall not look at a woman and lust after her in your heart?"no. But in the new testament jesus say , it wrong for a man to look at a woman and lost after her in his heart, because this law was not in the ten commandment, those that mean jesus is wrong?

Am very sad the way people interpret bible just to find excuse to abandon christianity, but know ye this that we will all face judgment, the one you pice , you will face him, anyway thank you for your time, STAY ALIVE, AMEN.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
you can never see a verse in the bible that mention the word bible
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Can god say something like these
. Malachi 2:3 behold I will rebuke your offspring and spread dung upon your faces.
Genesis 8:20-21 and the lord smelled the odour.
Obadiah1:1 we have heard a rumor from the lord.
Psalm78:65 then the lord awoke as from sleep like a strong man shouting because of wine.LOL
1st Corinthians 1:25 because of the foolishness of god is wiser than man and the weakness of god is stronger than man.
( in the book of 1st Corinthians 14:33 for God is not the author of confusion)come let us reason together
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
tola9ja: Can god say something like these
. Malachi 2:3 behold I will rebuke your offspring and spread dung upon your faces.
Genesis 8:20-21 and the lord smelled the odour.
Obadiah1:1 we have heard a rumor from the lord.
Psalm78:65 then the lord awoke as from sleep like a strong man shouting because of wine.LOL
1st Corinthians 1:25 because of the foolishness of god is wiser than man and the weakness of god is stronger than man.
( in the book of 1st Corinthians 14:33 for God is not the author of confusion)come let us reason together
you are spiritualy dead, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
CAN THE WORD OF GOD CONTAIN CONTRADICTION
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: you are spiritualy dead, sorry.
CLARIFY YOURSELF YOU THAT YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY WAKE INTERPRET IT FOR US IMAGINE GOD SAY RUMOUR
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
tola9ja: CLARIFY YOURSELF YOU THAT YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY WAKE INTERPRET IT FOR US IMAGINE GOD SAY RUMOUR
1corinthians1:18.For the message of the cross is
foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the
power of God.

Verses 18-25. - The nature of true
Christian preaching. Verse 18. - For the
preaching of the cross; rather, the word
of the cross. To them that are perishing;
rather, to the perishing; to all those who
are now walking in the paths that lead to destruction (2 Corinthians 2:15). To them it was foolishness, because it
requires spiritual discernment (1 Corinthians 2:14); and, on the other hand, human wisdom is foolishness with God
(1 Corinthians 3:19). Foolishness. It shows the heroic character of the faith
of St. Paul that he deliberately preached
the doctrine of the cross because he felt
that therein lay the conversion and
salvation of the world, although he was
well aware that he could preach no truth so certain at first to revolt the
unregenerate hearts of his hearers. To
the Jews "the cross" was the tree of
shame and horror; and a crucified person
was "accursed of God" (Deuteronomy 21:23; Galatians 3:13). To the Greeks the cross was the gibbet of a slave's infamy
and a murderer's punishment. There was
not a single association connected with
it except those of shame and agony. The
thought of "a crucified Messiah" seemed
to the Jews a revolting folly; the worship of a crucified malefactor seemed to the
Greeks "an execrable
superstition" (Tacitus, 'Ann.,' 15:44; Pliny,
'Epp.' 10:97); yet so little did St. Paul seek
for popularity or immediate success, that
this was the very doctrine which he put in the forefront, even at a city so refined
and so voluptuous as Corinth. And the
result proved his inspired wisdom. That
very cross became the recognized badge
of Christianity, and when three centuries
had elapsed it was woven in gold upon the banners and set in jewels on the
diadems of the Roman empire. For had
not Christ prophesied, And I, if I be lifted
up, will draw all men unto me"? Unto us
which are being saved; who are on the
way of salvation. The same present participle is used in Luke 13:23; Acts 2:47; 2 Corinthians 2:15; Revelation 21:24. It is the power of God. Because the cross is at the heart of that gospel
which is "the power of God unto
salvation to every one that
believeth" (Romans 1:16; Romans 8:3), though many were tempted to be
ashamed of it. It could never be a carnal
weapon of warfare, and yet was mighty
for every purpose ( 2 Corinthians 10:4, 5).

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: so, what your point? God gave moses the ten commandment and in exodus gave him another law,so what? Did the second law favour sinner's? The bible say"to him who know what is right and dos no do it, to him it is sin" in the ten commandment, is there anytin like "thou shall not look at a woman and lust after her in your heart?"no. But in the new testament jesus say , it wrong for a man to look at a woman and lost after her in his heart, because this law was not in the ten commandment, those that mean jesus is wrong?

Am very sad the way people interpret bible just to find excuse to abandon christianity, but know ye this that we will all face judgment, the one you pice , you will face him, anyway thank you for your time, STAY ALIVE, AMEN.

Lol.
why are you angry nah? i was expecting an answer not SO WHAT! grin grin grin grin
You are trying to get out of the corner you just found yourself.
God gave me my brain so that i can think with it and that exactly what i am doing.
But like i said earlier. there is no harm in being a Christian. If it works for you, enjoy it smiley

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 12:19am On Aug 19, 2014
Missy89:

Lol.
why are you angry nah? i was expecting an answer not SO WHAT! grin grin grin grin
You are trying to get out of the corner you just found yourself.
God gave me my brain so that i can think with it and that exactly what i am doing.
But like i said earlier. there is no harm in being a Christian. If it works for you, enjoy it smiley
if it seem to you that am angry, o woman, you are Soo wrong,I wish you know me more. I do not ask you to be a christian, it is not my issue, it between you and God,my own is to make sure the gospel reach the entire world and then the end will come.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BinghiNya(m): 10:14am On Aug 19, 2014
Donmichaelz: I am not here to insult athiest Co's my Bible already called them a fool.. an insult is not enough for a fool
you are the greatest fool of all times. Is christianity a faith to be emulated, where a heartless god needs blood sacrifice to please himself. Hell awaits the generality of christians.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tola9ja: 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
malvisguy212: 1corinthians1:18.For the message of the cross is
foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the
power of God.
1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28

pls anything to say about these?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 2:08am On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94

you are completely using science to prove your assertions. bible doesn't fhucking talk about adapting to our environment??

Are you high - the Bible doesn't talk about so many things either. The Bible doesn't talk about the Internet but we use Internet, it doesn't talk about driving a car either. Science has nothing to do with evolution you baboon - evolution is totally based on faith

don't say that's irrelevant because most problems in history are based on race. wow you just made a statement out of your own will, how can you say humans dont mutate?? explain cancer to me then.

Stupidi.ty must be rampant where you come from. How does cancer have anything to do with humans mutating? Go back to your basic traceable and provable science. Cancer is caused by viruses and we all KNOW THAT VIRUSES ARE NON LIVING ORGANISMS. They only survive in hosts but other than that, they can't live. Mutations have no bearing in cancer or in humans

if we humans stay in our respective environments for more prolonged periods of time, there will be more apparent differences between us.

I didn't disagree with this statement. I concur that our environments make us to adapt in different ways. However, if a man lived close to the water for a prolong time - HE WILL NOT TURN INTO A FISH. If you are stating he will; please produce a traceable case study.

I asked you about dinosaurs to test your level of intelligence but it turns out its not that great. dinosaurs existed everywhere on earth and being such vicious and large carnivores, primitive humans stood no chance against them. they would have devoured humans to extinction.

Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha. Your problem is that you blindly follow the so called "scientific experts" without doing any objective research or ask probing questions. If dinosaurs predates man, how do you explain the "human-like footprints" embedded in 250-million-year-old coal veins in Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and westward toward the Rocky Mountains?

Here is another one for you - How does scientists explain the presence of an antiquated dinosaur petroglyph at the base of Kachina Bridge in southeast Utah? According to the theory of evolution, humans never lived with dinosaurs. But if humans never saw living dinosaurs, how did the Anasazis, who inhabited southeastern Utah long before dinosaur fossils were found in modern times, carve such an accurate picture of a dinosaur onto the side of a rock wall? - Go crack that nut before you tell me about the crap you read and listen to by evolutionist.

the bible mentioned many animals which were much less threats but not once was the dinosaur described. explain how such a prominent animal was ignored in the flawed bible.

Let me give you a piece of advice. In an open forum when you are debating someone, you don't argue from silence. The Bible mentioned clean and unclean animals that went into the ark. It never mentioned animals by name nor did it describe the animal based on their height of eating habits.

just as there is very little genetic difference between humans and apes.

Oh yeah - then take an ape for your wife and let us see what your kids will look like grin

of course there will be only physical difference between humans or were you expecting our genetic composition to change due to a hundred years of isolation on different continents. I don't care about a report by Reuters , so does one man's flawed understanding of the human genome have to be used to disprove proven facts. honestly people like you who feel they know everything even without proof are the cause of Africa's stagnant development

How would you care? You can't prove one single thing you claim yet you are 100% sure that the alternatives are wrong. As a scientist, if there ia a better explanation to the creation of our world, our universe, us - I am all for it. However, evolution doesn't come close.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 2:24am On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94

look, if einsteins theory wasn't practical I wouldn't have cared about him or his work.

It is provable science. Any science that can be measured, monitored, repeated should be endorse by anyone. Any science which can't should be done away with. Evolution at best is crap - how can you prove that we came from fish? In what way can you monitor that or observe it?

but when you talk about the Bible, a book that has been rewritten by so many different writers who have altered and changed so many times due to the fact that the writers had little understanding of the language or the manuscripts were old and the writings were hard to read. some even changed the words in the manuscripts to suite their personal needs.

Which are you claiming has been changed, the Bible or the early manuscripts that predates the Bible?

here's a question for you, have you seen the bible doing any of what it claims to do?

At this point, it's clear that you haven't studied the Bible. Let's give you some Bible Study grin

1. The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.

2. The prophet Moses foretold (with some additions by Jeremiah and Jesus) that the ancient Jewish nation would be conquered twice and that the people would be carried off as slaves each time, first by the Babylonians (for a period of 70 years), and then by a fourth world kingdom (which we know as Rome). The second conqueror, Moses said, would take the Jews captive to Egypt in ships, selling them or giving them away as slaves to all parts of the world. Both of these predictions were fulfilled to the letter, the first in 607 B.C. and the second in 70 A.D. God's spokesmen said, further, that the Jews would remain scattered throughout the entire world for many generations, but without becoming assimilated by the peoples or of other nations, and that the Jews would one day return to the land of Palestine to re-establish for a second time their nation (Deuteronomy 29; Isaiah 11:11-13; Jeremiah 25:11; Hosea 3:4-5 and Luke 21:23-24). This prophetic statement sweeps across 3500 years of history to its complete fulfillment—in our lifetime.

I will leave you to ponder over those two.

everything in the world disproves the existence of god. why don't you give me a single non biblical proof of God's existence.

This depends on your idea of proof. Are you asking for a physical proof or a logical proof?

you also haven't answered my question, how do you explain the existence of savages in most part of the world before colonialism.

Why is this question necessary again?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 3:39am On Aug 20, 2014
cloudstar: diarra94

Are you high - the Bible doesn't talk about so many things either. The Bible doesn't talk about the Internet but we use Internet, it doesn't talk about driving a car either. Science has nothing to do with evolution you baboon - evolution is totally based on faith

Stupidi.ty must be rampant where you come from. How does cancer have anything to do with humans mutating? Go back to your basic traceable and provable science. Cancer is caused by viruses and we all KNOW THAT VIRUSES ARE NON LIVING ORGANISMS. They only survive in hosts but other than that, they can't live. Mutations have no bearing in cancer or in humans

I didn't disagree with this statement. I concur that our environments make us to adapt in different ways. However, if a man lived close to the water for a prolong time - HE WILL NOT TURN INTO A FISH. If you are stating he will; please produce a traceable case study.

Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha. Your problem is that you blindly follow the so called "scientific experts" without doing any objective research or ask probing questions. If dinosaurs predates man, how do you explain the "human-like footprints" embedded in 250-million-year-old coal veins in Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and westward toward the Rocky Mountains?

Here is another one for you - How does scientists explain the presence of an antiquated dinosaur petroglyph at the base of Kachina Bridge in southeast Utah? According to the theory of evolution, humans never lived with dinosaurs. But if humans never saw living dinosaurs, how did the Anasazis, who inhabited southeastern Utah long before dinosaur fossils were found in modern times, carve such an accurate picture of a dinosaur onto the side of a rock wall? - Go crack that nut before you tell me about the crap you read and listen to by evolutionist.

Let me give you a piece of advice. In an open forum when you are debating someone, you don't argue from silence. The Bible mentioned clean and unclean animals that went into the ark. It never mentioned animals by name nor did it describe the animal based on their height of eating habits.

Oh yeah - then take an ape for your wife and let us see what your kids will look like grin

How would you care? You can't prove one single thing you claim yet you are 100% sure that the alternatives are wrong. As a scientist, if there ia a better explanation to the creation of our world, our universe, us - I am all for it. However, evolution doesn't come close.
I am sorry but arguing with you is of no profit to me. I can't believe you just said cancer is a viral disease , you better log off NL and go learn more about cancer. your arguments are solely based on science and even the dates provided by archeologist but you're trying to disprove science . I asked you of adaptation and you mentioned the internet, is adaptation a human creation? like I said racial differences have been the root of most wars in history, if the bible is really a form of guidance for humans don't you think the bible would have addressed the issue of race and adaptation, the Bible's failure in doing that discredits its importance. you see if you claim humans were in existence 250 million years you have automatically disproved the bible which doesn't account for humans existing over 6000 years ago. a DNA sequence between the DNA if a man and that of a monkey showed very little variations in what we call switches. people find it offensive that we came from apes but if god really created humans why do humans still have ape features . every part of our body seems to be an modification of the apes body form. if god really created man in his image, then god himself must look like an ape . I wouldn't take an ape as a wife just as a lion wouldn't mate with a cheetah and a tilapia wouldn't mate a catfish even though they're of thesame family . your arguments wouldn't change the fact that evolution rather than creation is used in all forms of biology which clearly evident, has been very successful. if god really made man unique, why do we test drugs and many other science experiments on apes before concluding if it safe for human use.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 4:17am On Aug 20, 2014
cloudstar: cloudstar

It is provable science. Any science that can be measured, monitored, repeated should be endorse by anyone. Any science which can't should be done away with. Evolution at best is crap - how can you prove that we came from fish? In what way can you monitor that or observe it?
the same way you can't find evidences for creation except in the bible. of course not everything in science can be proven with the knowledge available but that doesn't mean its not true. afterall the earth was thought to be in the centre of the universe or even flat until scientist in the past centuries disproved that idea.

cloudstar:
Which are you claiming has been changed, the Bible or the early manuscripts that predates the Bible?

the bible itself is made up of all those manuscripts which were written in ancient calligraphy and on poor paper such that people trying to interprete the writings had troubles understanding and translating the words. some kings and monarchs even changed complete books or chapters to favour their ideas.

cloudstar:
At this point, it's clear that you haven't studied the Bible. Let's give you some Bible Study grin

1. The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.

2. The prophet Moses foretold (with some additions by Jeremiah and Jesus) that the ancient Jewish nation would be conquered twice and that the people would be carried off as slaves each time, first by the Babylonians (for a period of 70 years), and then by a fourth world kingdom (which we know as Rome). The second conqueror, Moses said, would take the Jews captive to Egypt in ships, selling them or giving them away as slaves to all parts of the world. Both of these predictions were fulfilled to the letter, the first in 607 B.C. and the second in 70 A.D. God's spokesmen said, further, that the Jews would remain scattered throughout the entire world for many generations, but without becoming assimilated by the peoples or of other nations, and that the Jews would one day return to the land of Palestine to re-establish for a second time their nation (Deuteronomy 29; Isaiah 11:11-13; Jeremiah 25:11; Hosea 3:4-5 and Luke 21:23-24). This prophetic statement sweeps across 3500 years of history to its complete fulfillment—in our lifetime.

I will leave you to ponder over those two.
just as I said, the bible can only be proved by the rubbish it contains. After all these, Hitler murdered over 6 million jews like it was a walk in the park. a holocaust survivor was interviewed and he said many people prayed to god before being thrown into the gas chambers. after finally realising that that there was no way out and this was the end, they cried "there is no god".

cloudstar:
This depends on your idea of proof. Are you asking for a physical proof or a logical proof?
any please if you may?
cloudstar:
Why is this question necessary again?
I just need you to answer the question.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 5:53am On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94

the same way you can't find evidences for creation except in the bible. of course not everything in science can be proven with the knowledge available but that doesn't mean its not true. afterall the earth was thought to be in the centre of the universe or even flat until scientist in the past centuries disproved that idea.

Are you deluded, did I ever claim the Bible can prove God created the universe? No one can prove creation. My stance is simple - creation as well as evolution requires faith. To say evolution is based on proven science is at best stupid and devoid of basic reasoning. If everything can't be proven by the knowledge we have now yet you still claim it is scientific, what is that called?

the bible itself is made up of all those manuscripts which were written in ancient calligraphy and on poor paper such that people trying to interprete the writings had troubles understanding and translating the words. some kings and monarchs even changed complete books or chapters to favour their ideas.

Bros, there are over 15,000 early manuscript just for the new testament alone from different times, regions, countries and some dating back as early as the first century. If you recompile them as they are today; you will get exactly what is in the New Testament. So, if you want to show your intellectual bankruptcy on the subject; please point us to authoritative examples showing major differences and additions you are referring to.

just as I said, the bible can only be proved by the rubbish it contains. After all these, Hitler murdered over 6 million jews like it was a walk in the park. a holocaust survivor was interviewed and he said many people prayed to god before being thrown into the gas chambers. after finally realising that that there was no way out and this was the end, they cried "there is no god".

You asked for proof of events that has happened as recorded in the Bible. I provided an authoritative reference on Cyrus which you can refer to outside of the Bible. Yet you ignore that and insist on showing public display of your stupidi.ty.

any please if you may?

Haba Bros - choose one na!

I just need you to answer the question

Please repeat the question, I lost the context.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2014
The Bible is the only Book that is always read by millions of people around the world: every day,every hour,every minute and every second.....

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Gold45(f): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94: I asked you about dinosaurs to test your level of intelligence but it turns out its not that great. dinosaurs existed everywhere on earth and being such vicious and large carnivores, primitive humans stood no chance against them. they would have devoured humans to extinction. the bible mentioned many animals which were much less threats but not once was the dinosaur described. explain how such a prominent animal was ignored in the flawed bible.

Since humans and dinosaurs never cohabited, how did man know that it's a vicious animal? I mean this animal existed millions of years before us so how did we accurately discover it's vicious and destructive character. Or are we drawing conclusions from it's size, maybe if whales, elephants and giraffes were extinct, the same would be said of them.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94

I am sorry but arguing with you is of no profit to me. I can't believe you just said cancer is a viral disease , you better log off NL and go learn more about cancer.

Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha - go look up cancer of the cervix and tell us what causes it.

your arguments are solely based on science and even the dates provided by archeologist but you're trying to disprove science . I asked you of adaptation and you mentioned the internet, is adaptation a human creation? like I said racial differences have been the root of most wars in history, if the bible is really a form of guidance for humans don't you think the bible would have addressed the issue of race and adaptation, the Bible's failure in doing that discredits its importance.

You are speaking as if the Bible dis-agrees with proven science - where did you get that notion from? The Bible confirmed the earth was round even before scientist discovered that in the 15th-17th century. So because the Bible didn't mention the word dinosaurs then it means the Bible is not scientific correct? What if the word dinosaur didn't exist at that time? When did we discover dinosaurs fossils? Dude - you can't argue from silence. It's like me asking you "Are you sleepy?" and if you don't respond then I will conclude that you are sleepy. Always, stop insisting that science and the Bible are mutually exclusive. Something being scientific doesn't mean it is at odds with the Bible or that it is mutually exclusive. So, if I make anyone accurate scientific proof that is found in the Bible, then it makes the Bible a scientific master-price? For the last time, stop arguing from silence, it makes you look very stupi.d

you see if you claim humans were in existence 250 million years you have automatically disproved the bible which doesn't account for humans existing over 6000 years ago.

Can you show me where in the Bible it claims that the creation of man started 6000 years ago. I really don't understand how you reason. The account of creation by the author of Genesis is as old as 6000 years - that means when Moses put pen to paper. It doesn't mean creation account of humans in the Bible is 6000 years old - do you have a brain at all? grin

a DNA sequence between the DNA if a man and that of a monkey showed very little variations in what we call switches. people find it offensive that we came from apes but if god really created humans why do humans still have ape features. every part of our body seems to be an modification of the apes body form.

This is called a theory. If you insist we came from ape - you should be able to sleep with an ape and get an off-spring. So, the burden of proof is on you. Please don't claim it happened over 10 million years or 100 million years because you weren't there and you can't prove crap - you are displaying the very same blind faith you are accusing others off. Please take a female ape, sleep with her or perform artificial insemination and let us see if you guys will have an off-spring; that should put an end to the matter

if god really created man in his image, then god himself must look like an ape . I wouldn't take an ape as a wife just as a lion wouldn't mate with a cheetah and a tilapia wouldn't mate a catfish even though they're of the same family.

Argument of logical inconsistency. You are claiming God looks like an ape, you claim apes are are closest relatives yet you are refusing to mate with one. For your information, go look up a Liger; it's a cross between a Lion and a Tiger and yes - they have off-spring. Go figure why a horse can mate with a donkey and have a mule. Gosh, you know so little about what you are talking about.

your arguments wouldn't change the fact that evolution rather than creation is used in all forms of biology which clearly evident, has been very successful. if god really made man unique, why do we test drugs and many other science experiments on apes before concluding if it safe for human use.

Again, you are showing your ignorance. In America and Western Europe; there is a big opposition to teaching creationism in higher level of learning. In as much as you will be sued and taken to court if you do. Even major scientist that take the creationist stand are ridiculed by their peers and institution, they get no grant money just because they want to stand up for what they have come to realize.

Always showing your ignorance again. The dealings of pharmaceutical companies cross so many boundaries. Experimental drugs are tested on rats, monkeys, apes, criminals on death row and here in the US - paid tests subject. Whichever is more economical is what they go with.

You still haven't answered my question, if the dinosaurs predates man - how come man was able to print and draw the dinosaurs close to 250 million years ago?

Regarding the images you posted below - can you please show me proof of any of those stages as they changed. Are there any documented changes i.e. evidence of how one fish grew legs and how man came from the fish. Remember, this is science, we should be able to observe it and possibly reproduce it. I will find it sad that your only proof is a picture taken from an evolution website.

You want another proof of God - go figure why telling time is based on Jesus - BC and AD - that should give you some clue
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 6:47am On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: The Bible is the only Book that is always read by millions of people around the world: every day,every hour,every minute and every second.....

It is the international best-seller every single year
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 7:35am On Aug 20, 2014
Gold45:

Since humans and dinosaurs never cohabited, how did man know that it's a vicious animal? I mean this animal existed millions of years before us so how did we accurately discover it's vicious and destructive character. Or are we drawing conclusions from it's size, maybe if whales, elephants and giraffes were extinct, the same would be said of them.
hey gold, sorry to burst your bubble but not all dinosaurs were carnivorous. do you think these conclusions are just made. look at the structure and dentition of a whale , an elephant and a giraffe and tell me if it is modified for hunting or tearing flesh. dinosaurs like t Rex were natural predators with huge teeth for tearing flesh and claws to grasp prey.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 7:41am On Aug 20, 2014
Are you deluded, did I ever claim the Bible can prove God created the universe? No one can prove creation. My stance is simple - creation as well as evolution requires faith. To say evolution is based on proven science is at best stupid and devoid of basic reasoning. If everything can't be proven by the knowledge we have now yet you still claim it is scientific, what is that called?

haha, then, you just made yourself clearer, I can't put my faith in a belief that cannot be proven. only evolution can explain the diversity of animals on the islands of Galapagos. go figure.

cloudstar:
Bros, there are over 15,000 early manuscript just for the new testament alone from different times, regions, countries and some dating back as early as the first century. If you recompile them as they are today; you will get exactly what is in the New Testament. So, if you want to show your intellectual bankruptcy on the subject; please point us to authoritative examples showing major differences and additions you are referring to.
these are quotes from wikipedia made by archeologist studying ancient manuscripts:
"Every year, several New Testament manuscripts handwritten in
the original Greek format are discovered. The latest substantial
find was in 2008, when 47 new manuscripts were discovered in
Albania ; at least 17 of them unknown to Western scholars. [5]
When comparing one manuscript to another, with the exception
of the smallest fragments, no two copies agree throughout. There has been an estimate of 400,000 variations among all these manuscripts (from the 2nd to 15th century which is more than there are words in the New Testament. Somewhere variations involve apparently intentional changes, which often make more difficult a determination of whether they were corrections from better exemplars, harmonizations between readings, or ideologically motivated.
Palaeography is the study of ancient writing, and textual criticism is the study of manuscripts in order to reconstruct a probable original text. An important issue with manuscripts is preservation."
"The earliest New Testament manuscripts were written on papyrus ,made from a reed that grew abundantly in the Egyptian Nile. Delta. This tradition continued as late as the 8th century. Papyrus eventually becomes brittle and deteriorates with age. The dry climate of Egypt allowed some papyrus manuscripts to
be partially preserved, but, with the exception of P 77, no New
Testament papyrus manuscript is complete; many consist only
of a single fragmented page."

cloudstar:
You asked for proof of events that has happened as recorded in the Bible. I provided an authoritative reference on Cyrus which you can refer to outside of the Bible. Yet you ignore that and insist on showing public display of your stupidi.ty.

I asked for any miracles or signs the bible talks about in reality or which you have observed yourself.

cloudstar:
Haba Bros - choose one na!

I gave you an open field.

cloudstar:
Please repeat the question, I lost the context.
I asked how do you explain the savages and isolated tribes of Africa and south America who have no concept of life if we came from Adam and eve?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2014
tola9ja: 1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28

pls anything to say about these?
give me one verse where God contradict himself.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2014
tola9ja. Read this.

Who say Quran is God's words ?I believe
Quran is not God's words but the words of
Muhammad. What make me say this?
Iam a Christian that believed in searching
for the truth as a way of salvation.
Actually, i believed in Bible but i still want to learn about Islam. In quest for this, i
read the English Quran to see if its a true
book of God. On 24 of July 2014 i finished
the reading of Quran without Saadah and
these were what i discoverd that made
me says Quran is not the words of God but the worlds of Muhammad.
1.If you have read the Bible before and
you really understood what you read you
would agree with me that Quran isn't
God's words because it is not sound like
words of God. The Quran used the pronoun such as our, we, he when refers
to Allah.To me,Quran sound like words of
advice or explanatory words rather than
the report speech that it should be.Look
at this statement from Quran and tell if it
sound like Allah's words or report speech " This Quran is not such as can be
produced by other than Allah, on the
contrary it is a comfirmation of
(revelation) that went before it and a
fuller explanation of the book where in
there is no doubt it from the lord of the world " (Yunus 4:37)
whose statement is the above statement?
Even, if it is God's words, why would God
commends Quran to the extence of saying
" there is no doubt its from the lord of
world" who is doubting? Who is speaking ?Who is the lord of the world?
Also look at this
Or do they say " he forged it" say bring
then a surah like unto it and call ( to your
aid) any one you can beside Allah if it be
ye speak the truth" (Yunus 4:38) was/is Allah in arguement with the
people he created?
Another
Has the story of Moses reached thee?
(Those who pull out 2:15)
was Allah questioned Muhammad or Muhammad questioned people?
2 the Muslims claimed that Muhammad
was not a learner and that Angel Gabriel
appeard to him and asked him to read.
That is the only time Muhammad claimed
he saw an Angel. Muhammad claimed that, he was not a learner and that people
said "he forged Quran and the people
they are pointing to that he teaches him
(Muhammed) was christian but he does
not understand arab"
In another verse of Quran he says, the christians had testified to Quran that it is
like the other books that Allah sent and if
people doubted it they should ask them
(christians)
Muhammed heard the Christians when
they said Quran is like other books revealed by Allah, but Quran does not say
the language in which they
communicated to Muhammad. These
shows that Muhammad had Christians
around him when he was alive and they
can communicate with him. Muhammed claimed he received
messages through inspiration
" say iam man like you it reveal to me
through inspiration that your God is one
God" (Ha Him 1:6)
" Allah sent his Spirit of inspiration to all his servant" (The believer 2:15)
the definition of inspire is to fill with the
urge to do something or to creat a filling
in a person according to dictionary
meaning
i believed many things we human being are doing in life are by inspiration. The
authors can not write a book if not by
inspiration, the musicians cannot write
music without been inspired, when you
are inspired by the beauty of woman you
can write poem . The woman who said she was God, what inspired her?
Inspiraton required deep thought.
Muhammed source of inspiration cannot
be verified or confirmed. When God
speaks to Moses Moses heard his voice,
the Isaelite during the Moses time heard the voice of God, Samuel heard his
voice ,God speaks to some prophets in
their dreams, some of the prophets heard
the words of God and they were inspired
by Holy Spirit to say what they heard. The
apostles were inspired by Holy Spirit. How dn we know they were Inspired by Holy
Spirit? We know because they revealed
the hidden truths in the scripture. The
Bible told us of sarmaritan Queen who
was reading Scripture from the book of
Isaiah but did not understand what she was reading but Philip with the help of
Holy Spirit was able to explain it to her
and his explanation match with what was
happened .Paul with the help of holy
Spirit was able to explain how Jesus died
for our sins in accordance with the scripture but Muhammed's inspiration
denied others prophets writtings. Muslims
should tell us why they believed in
Muhammed's source of inspiration?
3 Muhammed desires and intetions were
what Muhammed made to be the words of Allah - Muslims said Muhammed was
not speak of his own desire but what
Allah revealed to him but the Quran and
Hadith proved this wrong. Because
Muhammed speaks of his own desires,
that is what make Quran useless without Hadith. Its the hadith that explained
Quran. is it surpose to be like that? Hadith
that is words of men explained Quran
that is the words of God. and the Quran is
said to be the book that Allah sent down.
That is funny. Look at this verse of Quran. " O ye who believe! Enter not the prophet
house until leave (permission) is given
you. For a meal (and then) not (so early
as) to wait for it preparation but when
you are invited, enter: and when you have
taken your meal, disperse, without seeking familiar talk such (behavious)
annoyed the prophet: he is shy to dismiss
you but Allah is not shy (to tell you) the
truth.And when you ask (his ladies for
anything ye want ask them from before a
screen that make for a greater purity for your hearts and for their. Non is it right
for you that ye should annoy Allah
messenger, or you should married is
widows after him at a time. Truely such a
thing is in Allah sight an enormity " ( the
Allies 6:53 i think the above issue should be the
decission of Muhammed alone .why did
Muhammed have to involve Allah. To me
Muhammed lied against Allah.He was shy
to tell them that he does not like their
behavious and he knows that if he speaks in Allah's name to them, they would fear
and not see him as a man with bad
temper.
Humm! He married so many widows in
the name of been nice to them but, he
does not want any man to share of his wife even when they become widows.
Hadith gave many accounts of Muhammed
using his intentions and desires to be the
words of Allah. The verse on his adopted
child (Saheed) was his desire, verse on
woman Muhammed could married (Zainab) was his desire ,the facing of
mecca(kaaba) when praying was his
desire, the Satanic verses (to unite his
tribe) was his desire and many more.
Allah in Quran always sent verses of
Quran in favour of Muhammed. what a lie !
4. No Hadith no Islam - Quran is not in
detail ,it will leave us with qestions when
reading it without knowlege of Hadith.
many of the doctrines of Islam are based
on Hadith, what would Muslims use to preach without Hadith? which prayer do
Muslims have to use without hadith?Let
take this for example.
There is no where in Quran that mention
or list 99 names of Allah. What Quran says
in similar to that is that, we should call Allah all the beautiful names we know. If
this should be the case, then, the names
of Allah can be more than 99.
Hadiths are useful in Islam , also they
exposed the lies of Muhammed. That is
why Muslims called some hadiths fabricated Hadith and Some Authentic
Hadiths. Many of the writters of Authentic
Hadith were also the Writers of
Fabricated Hadiths even Aisa one of the
prophet wives fabricates words. Who do
we have to trust? 5 Repetitions in Quran- if repetitions are
to be removed from Quran, i think the
suras would remain in Quran should not
be more than five suras. Why would God
continued to repeat thesame words in so
many times? If Muhammed was not have intention to make Quran look like Bible
why repetitions of words? What was the
idea behind the title of each Suras if
Muhammed was not jealous of Jew and
envey of Bible? If Quran is really God's
words,i think the title of Quran suras should be Muhammad like
Isaiah,Jerimaiah in Bible.Did God/ Allah
tells Muhammed to use those titles for
Quran's Suras?
Take notice of repetitions in Quran when
next you are reading it,you we understand what i mean.
We are still on repetition in Quran. I
found something funny in Quran and i
want the Muslims on this thread to tell me
if it was person that transliterated the
Quran i read that made the Mistake or not.What i found was that,The sura
Sandhills and Sura Muhammed has
thesame content also Sura The
Banishment and Sura The Examine One
was thesame in content.
If it was not mistaken,should what God sent down be like that?Who made that
mistakes God or Muhammed or those that
compiled it?
6.Sura the Cave -Muhammed was not
certain of the numbers of the Youth in
the story of the cave.He said "... some say they were three the dog be
the fourth among them, other say they
were five, the dog being the six doubtfully
quessing at unknown (yet others) say they
were seven the dog being the eight.Say
then my lord knoweth best their number.It is but few that knows there
(real case) Enter not into controversies
concerning them ,except on matter that is
clear,nor consult any of them about (the
affair of) the sleepers. The Cave 3: 22
what does Muhammed mean by"some" is it not Allah that revealed the story to
him? Why not knowing the numbers of
the youth in the cave?"my lord knoweth
best their numbers" those words shows
that it was'nt God that revealed the story
to Muhammed. I trust my God, God of Abraham, God that reavealed the dream
of Pharao to Joseph wthout go and come,
he revealed the dream of
Nheibuckadinazary to Daniel
I heard that the story was asked to test
the prophethood of Muhammed and it took Muhammed fifteen (15) good days to
answer and when he answerd see what
he was saying. Why can't Muhammed be
sured of their numbers?
7. 'They ask you about this , Say..... ' - I
hate that statement in Quran. Is Allah or Muhammed teaching his followers how to
tackle Christians and Jews? This shows
that Muhammed knows himself to be a
liar.
8. The Quran made mentioned of these
prophets. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and his eleven
brothers(not by names) Moses, Aaron,
Zakariah( John the Baptize's father) ,
Elias,David Solomon, John the Baptize,
Jesus. To confirme the Scripure that was
sent before Quran but Allah /Quran/ Muhammed did not make mention of
Many prophets such as Isaiah, Jeremaiah,
Ezeikel, Nehemaiah, Malachi,
Zechariah ,Amos. Were they not Prophet
of God?
Allah /Quran/ Muhammed tells the Stories of Adam, Abraham, Mose Aaron And
Pharao, the Thamud ,add, Sodom and
Gomarah, Mary, John the Baptize ,Jesus ,to
confirm scripture before Quran but what
about the prophecies of the above
prophets that Quran did not mention were they not from God? And if Muslims
would talk , they would say Quran is not a
story book.
9. The parables in Quran- cannot be
compared with Bible's parable . How
could God almighty gives those childish tale as parable. It proved Muhammed to
be a liar.
10. Muhamned the loveth prophet of
Allah, whose Allah has forgiven his past,
the present, and the future sins. The man
that would interceed for Muslims on the day of judgement. The man who knows
what God would say on the day of
Judgement and how God would judged
the sinner.
I just can fathom why Muhammed
deserved the merit he gave to himself over other prophets.
In a nutshell, Muhammed was self
proclaimed prophet that envey the Jews
because both arab and Jew were
decsendants of Abraham. He created his
religion to save arab of shame of not having a single prophet.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2014
Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha - go look up cancer of the cervix and tell us what causes it.

this is from wikipedia " Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection appears to be involved in
the development of more than 90% of cases. Most people
who have had HPV infections; however, do not develop cervical
cancer. Other risk factors include: smoking, a weak immune system , birth control pills , starting sex at a young age and having many sexual partners, but these are less important."
however this Is just one of several cancers.
"Most cancers are thought to arise from a single mutant precursor
cell. As that cell divides, the resulting 'daughter' cells may acquire
different mutations and different behaviors over a period of time.
Those cells that gain an advantage in division or resistance to cell
death will tend to take over the population. In this way, the
tumor cells are able to gain a wide range of capabilities that are
not normally seen in the healthy version of the cell type. Mutations in key regulatory genes (tumor suppressors and proto-
oncogenes) alter the behavior of cells and can potentially lead to
the unregulated growth seen in cancer.
For almost all types of cancer studied to date, it seems as if the
transition from a normal, healthy cell to a cancer cell is step-wise
progression that requires genetic changes in several different
oncogenes and tumor suppressors. This is one reason why cancer
is much more prevalent in older individuals. In order to generate a
cancer cell, a series of mutations must occur in the same cell."
culled from cancerquest.org

cloudstar:
You are speaking as if the Bible dis-agrees with proven science - where did you get that notion from?
because they completely disagree else biology would be based on god creating every single organism.The Bible confirmed the earth was round even before scientist discovered that in the 15th-17th century.

and yet prominent scientists and astronomers like Galileo were arrested for proposing the earth orbited the sun which was against the Bible's teaching of the earth being the centre of the universe.

cloudstar:
So because the Bible didn't mention the word dinosaurs then it means the Bible is not scientific correct? What if the word dinosaur didn't exist at that time? When did we discover dinosaurs fossils? Dude - you can't argue from silence. It's like me asking you "Are you sleepy?" and if you don't respond then I will conclude that you are sleepy. Always, stop insisting that science and the Bible are mutually exclusive. Something being scientific doesn't mean it is at odds with the Bible or that it is mutually exclusive.
you ignored my question " I asked you of adaptation and you mentioned the internet, is adaptation a human creation? like I said racial differences have been the root of most wars in history, if the
bible is really a form of guidance for humans don't you think
the bible would have addressed the issue of race and adaptation, the Bible's failure in doing that discredits its importance."

cloudstar: So, if I make anyone accurate scientific proof that is found in the Bible, then it makes the Bible a scientific master-price? For the last time, stop arguing from silence, it makes you look very stupi.d
yes

cloudstar:
Can you show me where in the Bible it claims that the creation of man started 6000 years ago. I really don't understand how you reason. The account of creation by the author of Genesis is as old as 6000 years - that means when Moses put pen to paper. It doesn't mean creation account of humans in the Bible is 6000 years old - do you have a brain at all? grin
then why don't you give me any biblical proof that suggests humans existed for over 250 million years.

cloudstar:
This is called a theory. If you insist we came from ape - you should be able to sleep with an ape and get an off-spring. So, the burden of proof is on you. Please don't claim it happened over 10 million years or 100 million years because you weren't there and you can't prove crap - you are displaying the very same blind faith you are accusing others off. Please take a female ape, sleep with her or perform artificial insemination and let us see if you guys will have an off-spring; that should put an end to the matter.

just as you weren't there to see god create the earth

cloudstar:
Argument of logical inconsistency. You are claiming God looks like an ape, you claim apes are are closest relatives yet you are refusing to mate with one. For your information, go look up a Liger; it's a cross between a Lion and a Tiger and yes - they have off-spring. Go figure why a horse can mate with a donkey and have a mule. Gosh, you know so little about what you are talking about.

this is a quote from bigcatrescue.org
"Since lions and tigers do not exist in the same areas, this is not
something that happens in the wild. It is done in captivity by disreputable carnies to produce a freak that ignorant people will pay to see. These cats suffer from many birth defects and usually die young. Because ligers are usually larger than either parent, it also puts the tigress at great risk in carrying the young and may require C-section deliveries or kill her in the
process."
bottom line is that its unnatural.
FYI this is possible because they are of the same family, try that with a fish and a lion. I wouldn't mate with an ape not because it is impossible but unnatural just as a gorilla wouldn't naturally mate with a chimpanzee.

cloudstar:
Again, you are showing your ignorance. In America and Western Europe; there is a big opposition to teaching creationism in higher level of learning. In as much as you will be sued and taken to court if you do. Even major scientist that take the creationist stand are ridiculed by their peers and institution, they get no grant money just because they want to stand up for what they have come to realize.
Of course, that is a reasoble step, creationism has no place in an educational institution. evolution has proven to be successful in biology and essentially all spheres of life. if you can use your creation ideologies to explain any feasible phenomenon, please the stage is yours!!

cloudstar:
Always showing your ignorance again. The dealings of pharmaceutical companies cross so many boundaries. Experimental drugs are tested on rats, monkeys, apes, criminals on death row and here in the US - paid tests subject. Whichever is more economical is what they go with.

what I was going at is the fact that testing drugs on animals to determine their effects effects on humans destroys the biblical notions that humans are unique.

cloudstar:
You still haven't answered my question, if the dinosaurs predates man - how come man was able to print and draw the dinosaurs close to 250 million years ago?

please can you upload the images of the cave paintings you are talking about?

cloudstar: Regarding the images you posted below - can you please show me proof of any of those stages as they changed. Are there any documented changes i.e. evidence of how one fish grew legs and how man came from the fish. Remember, this is science, we should be able to observe it and possibly reproduce it. I will find it sad that your only proof is a picture taken from an evolution website.

some of this creatures are extinct but their fossils were perfectly preserved. if you find that to complex for your understanding, below is an image depicting the different stages of a frog's development.

cloudstar:
You want another proof of God - go figure why telling time is based on Jesus - BC and AD - that should give you some clue

There are many religious calendars in existence, but each is
normally in use in one region of the world -- typically by
followers of a single religion. Almost all of the world's religious
calendars are based on religion, astrology, or myth:
The Baha'i calendar is based on the date that the Bab declared
that a new manifestation of God would appear.
The Creativity Movement , a racist, sexist and homophobic
religious group, bases their calendar on the date when their
religious book was published.
The Hindu calendar is based on a planetary alignment in 3102
BCE.
The Jewish calendar is based on their belief in the date of
creation.
The Mayan calendar was based on the day that they believed that
Venus was born.
The Muslim calendar is based on year of the hegira -- the flight
of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina.
this Is a quote from religioustolerance.org
The AD/BC notation was first proposed by the monk Dionysius
Exiguus (Dennis the Little) in the year 525 CE. He used it to
identify the years in the Easter tables that he prepared. He did
not use the notation to date historical events. "Dionysius implied,
but never stated, that Jesus was born 25 December 1 BC ."The
basis on which he linked the divide between BC and AD to the
birth of Jesus is unknown. There is general agreement that he
guessed incorrectly. Most theologians and religious historians
believe that Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus) was born during a Fall --
or less likely during a Spring, sometime between 7 and 4 BCE.
However, we have seen estimates as as early as the second
century BCE and as late as 4 CE. "Another calculation had been developed by the Alexandrian monk Annianus around the year AD 400, placing the Annunciation on March 25, AD 9 (Julian) -- exactly 8 years after the date that Dionysius later calculated. This Era of Incarnation was dominant in the East during the early centuries of the Byzantine Empire, and is still used today in Ethiopia, accounting for the 8 or 7-year discrepancy between the Gregorian and the Ethiopian calendar."The Anno Domini era became dominant in Western Europe only after it was used by the Venerable Bede to date the events in his Ecclesiastical History of the English People , completed in 731" CE."Even though Anno Domini was in widespread use by the ninth
century [CE] Before Christ (or its equivalent) did not become
widespread until the late fifteenth century....In 1422 [CE],
Portugal became the last country of western Europe to adopt the
Anno Domini ..." notation.

you seem to be getting pretty aggressive and insulting but I don't mind.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: The Bible is the only Book that is always read by millions of people around the world: every day,every hour,every minute and every second.....
and that's why people who read the bible remain in thecworst possible conditions on earth.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Gold45(f): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
diarra94: hey gold, sorry to burst your bubble but not all dinosaurs were carnivorous. do you think these conclusions are just made. look at the structure and dentition of a whale , an elephant and a giraffe and tell me if it is modified for hunting or tearing flesh. dinosaurs like t Rex were natural predators with huge teeth for tearing flesh and claws to grasp prey.

Does that automatically mean they would have forced humans into extinction? Why wasn't the ancient apes or whatever mammal that existed driven into extinction?
Between, I assume you are above 18years, respond maturely, this isn't a warfare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Dance At Traditional Wedding (Video) / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 282
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.