Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (66031 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
If Nigeria had their acts together,this woman's serum should be studied in the hopes of cure for this disease
If they hire my hubby and many nigerian born researchers like him ,he can help them out
But no
Greed and insecurity won't let them

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Tex42(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
ayusco85: the lord be praised.

Nigerians, surviving from dangerous ailments since 1900.

Nano silva 1 - Zmap 0

Nigeria 1 - Obama 0

last bullet: Obama, what kills other nationalities in their hundreds only make Nigerians stronger
And obama failing in his anti Nigeria nano silver campaign since 100BC.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by GentleMimi: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Ms analyzer.

1. They should seen signs and symptoms of ebola and kept their distance until they put on bio-harzards. (of course they didn't have cos they weren't prepared!).

2.They should have been watching out for patients like that considering the fact that WHO and the rest of the world have been warning us about this since.

3. They should have asked the ECOWAS official first immediately after seeing the symptoms.

Now you gerrit?
No.YOU should get it,Miss Pseudo doctor. Ask what? Are you even thinking? What symptoms? He presented with symptoms typical to malaria. He insisted he had malaria. He denied every question relating to ebola.Pains,fever,vomiting,weakness were the symptoms presented. It is easy to analyse it all while typing away on ur phone. When u find ur self in the middle of it all,u wld realise that e-life is different from reality.
''they shld have asked the ECOWAS individual...''. Lol. Hear yourself! ''they should have put on biohazards...''. Buhahahaha! Babe,u are killing me. How many hospitals have PPE equipments? How many were prepared? Was ur own government even prepared? I will not indulge u. You live ina bubble.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by onyxo76(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
phew! what a relief and cheering news
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Lilimax(f): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Idrismusty97: Did she bath with salt and water abi na nano-siliver she take? Waiting to hear the full gist...

BTW Obama should take this! grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by crusader01(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Goodnewsgringrin I feel like running miles without nothing on in the course of jubilation
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by swedbase(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
Western media will never report this kind of news

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
crusader01: Goodnewsgringrin I feel like running miles without nothing on in the course of jubilation

Akirika grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
niyi123456: This document was recently leaked onto the internet: http://www.thesilveredge.com/pdf/defense-threat-reduction-agency-silver-nanoparticles-neutralize-hemorrhagic-fever-viruses.pdf

It appears to be suppressed evidence of an extremely effective cure for Ebola virus. One that is apparently inexpensive, readily available, and impossible to patent (due to the fact that it’s a natural substance). Regulatory agencies have been trying, to no avail, to have it banned in the US… and it looks like it has already been successfully banned in the EU.

Document Background

In 2008, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), in conjunction with several other federal agencies, quietly conducted clinical research into the use of silver nanoparticles against Ebola and other hemorrhagic fever viruses. Astonishingly, they discovered that silver were highly effective against these deadly viruses, including the nanoparticles Ebola virus. They later presented their findings to federal health regulators and other national health authorities. But these findings were kept top secret.
The presentation was called “Silver Nanoparticle Neutralization of Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses,” and the gist of the presentation was that silver nanoparticles displayed “powerful neutralizing effects against hemorrhagic fever viruses,” including Arenavirus and Filovirus (i.e., Ebola). This clinical presentation was conducted under the auspices of the DoD’s Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Center for Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the presentation was given by researchers from the Applied Biotechnology Branch, 711th Human Performance Wing of the Air Force Research Laboratory. In other words… those are the big guns! Which is to say that they are the very people responsible for keeping this nation safe from outside threats like bioterrorism. That clinical presentation – made to federal regulators and national health authorities – was later summarized in a printed document, de-classified, and cleared for public release. Nonetheless, there were zero news reports to be found on the release of said information… in spite of the fact that Department of Defense researchers found nano-silver to be profoundly effective against Ebola and other hemorrhagic fever viruses.

Furthermore, it appears that this would not be the first time that the Defense Threat Reduction Agency sponsored research into the use of nano-silver for hemorrhagic fever viruses, and found it to be effective. For example, here’s a study (http://en.youscribe.com/…/interaction-of-silver…) published in the prestigious Journal of Nanobiotechnology in 2010, demonstrating silver’s effectiveness against the Tacaribe virus, a hemorrhagic fever virus nearly identical to Ebola.

Pls summarise this shIit, am an old man for god sake. Can't be reading aall these up dia.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sweetlemon(f): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
rickkid: Obviously you are not a healthcare professional and you have zero idea about what medical emergency protocols are. When a patient is wheeled in half dead you dont stand around asking JAMB questions as a nurse - you get into action. I pray the next time you fall ill, you encounter a nurse who first uses video intercom to interrogate you for 15 minutes while your life is slipping away. After that, maybe you'll learn some appreciation for the work these people do.
Loudmouth.

Really? Even when there is an epidemic in neighboring countries with 100% chance of it getting into the country at the slightest chance?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
swedbase: Western media will never report this kind of news

Pray they won't report the stu.pidity and ignorance on this forum either. I am ashamed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ayusco85(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tex42: And obama failing in his anti Nigeria nano silver campaign since 100BC.

lol. he wish he existed at that time.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ceejayluv(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
nerodenero: All the western world's wish for Nigeria just keep failing.Something must be unique about us.

The feeling of victory is sweet.
Victory for her, yes.... How bout the two late nurses and the ecowas official?...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abatically(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Ms analyzer.

1. They should seen signs and symptoms of ebola and kept their distance until they put on bio-harzards. (of course they didn't have cos they weren't prepared!).

2.They should have been watching out for patients like that considering the fact that WHO and the rest of the world have been warning us about this since.

3. They should have asked the ECOWAS official first immediately after seeing the symptoms.

Now you gerrit?

Before u play the blame game, did u actually find out what happened on that fateful Sunday? Did it occur to u that Patrick sawyer's aim was to infect people at the ECOWAS conference but for his health that detoriated when he landed in Lagos? The entire staff of that hospital are heroes and they prevented what could have been a catastrophe.

A patient was brought in feeling feverish, the hospital took him in which is normal, he didn't tell them he was from Liberia. They ran a test on him found out it was Ebola, and he even denied it. So what would they have done? Send him away so he can infect 20 million lagosians?

Sawyer even asked the doctors to discharge him so he could continue his journey to calabar but the staff denied him. Now if u were working in that hospital I'm sure u would run away knowing u were dealing with Ebola. Sawyer wanted to force himself out of the hospital but the staff fought him and when he saw he had no where to go, he urinated on the doctors and nurses and that was how most of the infected got infected. Those people risked their lives to save millions, they deserve some respect and not criticism.

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sweetlemon(f): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
GentleMimi:
No.YOU should get it,Miss Pseudo doctor. Ask what? Are you even thinking? What symptoms? He presented with symptoms typical to malaria. He insisted he had malaria. He denied every question relating to ebola.Pains,fever,vomiting,weakness were the symptoms presented. It is easy to analyse it all while typing away on ur phone. When u find ur self in the middle of it all,u wld realise that e-life is different from reality.
''they shld have asked the ECOWAS individual...''. Lol. Hear yourself! ''they should have put on biohazards...''. Buhahahaha! Babe,u are killing me. How many hospitals have PPE equipments? How many were prepared? Was ur own government even prepared? I will not indulge u. You live ina bubble.

Abeg make I no spoil this happy thread by dragging arguments with you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is a great news and a miracle that. There are people who have strong immunity and as it is, the lady does and have passed the acute stage of disease and has developed strong resistance to it. Nonetheless, the lady should have still been kept under surveillance as she may still be a carrier without showing any overt clinical signs.

Finally sha, God is in control of everything.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by mytym(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
The traffic on this topic is gbam!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by pacretus(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
YAWEH be praised who does great things
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by atikubaba(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
haaa Eni olorun pa!! kose Eda tole pa!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
She should still stay put and people shoulD be careful for the time being because doctors can be weird with medical analysis
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by henryobinna(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
Idrismusty97: I think say that one na pesticide too? cheesy
according to America the pesticide testers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Lilimax(f): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
Melinde: Good news! May all the victims recieve this healing and may the Land of Nigeria be totally purified! It's well with Nigeria.
Amen. And may the the healing of this doctor be permanent in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ayusco85(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
ceejayluv:
Are you aware that hundreds of Liberians, Guineans and sierra leonians have survived the disease for the past few months??

please tell me how that is my business? am a nigerian not a Liberian or guinean

***sips his hot lipton tea***

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by nkkystel(f): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thank God she's fine now. I pray this testimony be permanent.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by crusader01(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
babyosisi:

Akirika grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by GentleMimi: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Abeg make I no spoil this happy thread by dragging arguments with you.
Even if u tried,babe,u aint gonna survive it. I dislike a scenerio where peeps think they can tear every good thing apart,just cos they have no idea what reality is all abt. When u have been there,you can argue abt such facts. Some of us have details of this situation that will blow ur mind away if revealed to you. I'd advise u to concentrate on matters you have total knowldge of. wink

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abatically(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
yoribo:

The reason why we are here on earth is to complement each other. if American think they have the cure and fail to bring it.
Jesus said if you can not worship God, He will raise stone and sand to do the same

There is no confirmed cure for Ebola yet. What the Americans have is an experimental drug, not a finished product. If this drug is sent to nigeria and used on the patients and then something worse happens, u will be here on nairaland saying America wants to wipe us out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Leopantro: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
felifeli:

[size=16pt]This report is false. I know the woman and the last report we got of her last night is that she is in critical condition. News still went around this evening to pray for her. A miracle could happen but not one that will cause her to be discharged so suddenly. I hope she has not passed on. She is really a very brilliant doctor and her father was a former VC of Unilag. Poor woman cry cry[/size]

i believe you. knowing the ability of the government to lie through their teeth, i don't believe this news. unfortunately, nigerians are so gullible

of the eight
suspected Ebola cases quarantined
at the Isolation Unit of the Yaba
Mainland Hospital has gone into a
coma, a source has told Premium
Times. The patient, a female
consultant at the First Consultant
Medical Centre, is now in a critical
condition. “She is in a bad shape,
her condition really deteriorated
today. But the other seven are
responding to treatment,” the
source said. The female doctor is
one of the 44 people who had
primary contact with Patrick
Sawyer, the Liberian- Americ an
who died of Ebola virus."

how can you dischage someone who was in this condition two days ago
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Donbabaj: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
I dunno or could this be what someone told me said that Sawyer was injected with poisonous substance while the Doctor was being quarantine for an alleged contract of Ebola in order not to raise suspicion. Any ways if this information is real then its a good news for Nigeria as a whole
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
chai nija we r dangerous. no worder d hole world. is afraid of nija tnk GoD for this obama wil com to beg us for ebola drugs grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Icebrymo: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
ooops nice development,jst pray its works n turn out to b truth...cnt wait g d story in detail
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by shilexholly(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Obama ti te oka niru mole.....we are nigerians we no D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ fear.......#nogayandlesbianinnaija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.