Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service (24053 Views)

Bitcoin Remittance Business For Nigeria - Business Opportunity / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by timmilehin(m): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
It's time to return their money back.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by femijck(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good move.....kudos to the Nigeria bank sector.....but I still prefer RIA transfer anyday and anytime.
Its cheaper and directly to a bank account..Bleep westy.
Westy is pure robbery to me.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by 0merta(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
blink182: have you ever heard of a yahoo boy sending money abroad?

There are some engagements that permit one to send money out as a bait to the Magas/Mugus...

Trust me, this is good news for my Niggers!

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nice initiative, this is going to help international business men.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by pansophist(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
ochukoccna:
GTB Mastercard (and other Nigerian banks) are rip offs angry angry
Apart from having higher exchange rates that the prevailing one back in Nigeria, they also slam you with their charges for withdrawing with your Naira card embarassed embarassed

Are there no standardize exchange rate ? Didn't know about this, if it's true.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by moneyhungry(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
kobonaire: With this new development, the yahoo yahoo boys in Malaysia will start targeting the fatherland
grin
Malay don cast, na south.k boys dey run show now.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by moneyhungry(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
pansophist: As for me, I am fine with my GT mastercard. I get money sent to me from Nigeria directly to my account and I withdraw from abroad anywhere I find an ATM machine. I can withdraw in weekends anywhere and anytime and no sending fee from the sender, only 420naira withdrawal charge. I can also travel to another country and withdraw there unlike western union where I have to collect in the destination country.

GT mastercard is still the best if you know whats up
you sure its N420 withdrawal charge?.
I here the average withdrawal charge abroad is N1,000 plus.
can I get someone in naija to open the GT account and send me the MasterCard?... cuz UBA don finish me here o.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by timmilehin(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
2sExy1: I have lust a chance/deal worth $25k because of them. Even buyer talk say him no like as I b Nigerian sef. After I reply am, I no hear from the guy again till today
Mr man? Just tell us that your Maga no gree pay because you give ham Nigeria Info. Na you spoil your work jare, u for use aboki account, No use style claim legit here,

LAST BULLET:

Sorry for your lose. another one go show up. lol

click like if you think i am right.

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
opisco01: Nice one by PDP. PDP is working. GEJ administration. GEJ till 2019 grin
GEJ till eternity
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by AnthonyAk(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good! About fucking time i walk into a bank to ask if we can send money out via western union and they look at me like im crazy. The real question is now can we send out in naira for them to receive in dollar.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by sicily4u: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
AnthonyAk: Good! About fucking time i walk into a bank to ask if we can send money out via western union and they look at me like im crazy. The real question is now can we send out in naira for them to receive in dollar.

depend on the receivers country currency, anyway is a welcome development
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by DeCleff(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
priscaoge: Good one,It's a way forward. GEJ is working grin. All he need is encouragement and our prayers grin maka na ekele onye akidi ogwota ozo grin.

God bless GEJ!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!!

God bless me cos i was the one who asked western union on their facebook page to do something so that Nigerians can use their service to make payment abroad. I was informed that the inability send money out of Nigeria was taken by Nigerian govt and not western union.

I then asked them that if Nigerian govt could allow Nigerians to send out funds with paypal even though we can't receive payment with paypal, why won't they allow us use western union?

I adviced them to renegotiate the issue with the govt and promised to do so.

Today am very happy reading this on nairaland within 45 days after they promised to review their service in Nigeria.

Here is a link to proof my claim as u can read where western union thanked me

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152617934442457&id=124186682456&_rdr#10152618024527457
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Footlocker(m): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Email lists + password available and much more ! cool PM me!

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by 360command: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bitcoin: Western union and other remittance companies make about $550 Billion every year in revenues helping people transfer money. With bitcoin you can send money instantly without any withdrawal limitations, no government oversight and it is absolutely free. I'm still looking for folks who are interested in setting up a Bitcoin remittance business in Nigeria, we can charge 25-50% of the competition and still turn a profit.
its a good business venture ,sometimes all this cryptocurrency, one has to trade carefully.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by kobonaire(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
moneyhungry:
Malay don cast, na south.k boys dey run show now.
wow .... thanks for that info.
I received an email last week from one Mr. Kim Park from S Korea offering me a biz deal .... so na our yahoo boy operation be that undecided
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by priscaoge(f): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
DeCleff:

God bless me cos i was the one who asked western union on their facebook page to do something so that Nigerians can use their service to make payment abroad. I was informed that the inability send money out of Nigeria was taken by Nigerian govt and not western union.

I then asked them that if Nigerian govt could allow Nigerians to send out funds with paypal even though we can't receive payment with paypal, why won't they allow us use western union?

Today am very happy reading this on nairaland within 45 days after they promised to review their service in Nigeria.
grin Nice story Bro grin but U know that WE Nairalanders love pictures,videos Or even Screenshot before we believe grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by our9ja: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
Now kidnappers will ask the hostage relative to used Western Union as means of payment

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Toks2008(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
our9ja: Now kidnappers will ask the hostage relative to used Western Union as means of payment

Are you sure you know what you are writing?

Before you can receive or send payments i guess you must have a bank account with the bank you are transacting with so no room for fraud man.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by 360command: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good news, no more going to Cotonou to send money to my brother. I have always wondered why the francophone countries can send money but anglo phones(Nigeria) cannot. Though I do not know the situation of other anglo phone country.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by greggng: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
What a useless policy aimed at institutionalising money laundary. How can you say that one doesnot need bank account to transfer money. How can you track a single individual who wants to launder fund outside? He can aswell give money to so many trusted individuals to help him send to different related family menbers who will in turn help him deposit into safe accounts abroad. This system will be abused. How about 419 guys that requires only the senders name and control number to steal ur hard earned fund in unitedkingdom. Is a good idea but it will be abused
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Footlocker(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
Toks2008:

Are you sure you know what you are writing?

Before you can receive or send payments i guess you must have a bank account with the bank you are transacting with so no room for fraud man.
I guess your referring to nigeria's WU method! Cause abroad you don't need a bank nor any account! You just need an ID at most ,then you pop into a participating convenience store and collect or send money!
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by femimike1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
abi o, no mind am
iamord:

G boys only receive.abi she dem won start to day pay maga back ni
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by DeCleff(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
priscaoge:
grin Nice story Bro grin but U know that WE Nairalanders love pictures,videos Or even Screenshot before we believe grin grin

Swthrt i wonder where i'll get d pishure n video cos there was no cam on facebook to capture wat goes on there. As for screenshot, i don scatter my fb notifications bt i no see d reply notification ooo.

But believe me cos am not lieing ooo. U can investigate it urself by asking western union on fb

Oya see evidence
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152617934442457&id=124186682456&_rdr#10152618024527457
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by ideee03(f): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hahaha...yawa don gas
Okijajuju1: Nooooo... angry

Now I no get excuse why I no fit send people money..
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by kid7soccer(m): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
OK that gud. but the problem am having is were to buy foreign exchange, d the banks have been to dont sell (first bank, eco, access etc ) and am tired of using dis abokis, pls any help am based in calabar
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by timmilehin(m): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
See as all the Nairaland Yahoo Boys dey Pop-up
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by pansophist(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
moneyhungry:
you sure its N420 withdrawal charge?.
I here the average withdrawal charge abroad is N1,000 plus.
can I get someone in naija to open the GT account and send me the MasterCard?... cuz UBA don finish me here o.

It's 1000 but it was changed to 420. You need to be in naija to open an account or better if your brother/sister or a trusted person can open with his/her name and send you the ATM. You csn operate the account like it's yours
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by sicily4u: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
timmilehin: See as all the Nairaland Yahoo Boys dey Pop-up

eke likwee gi
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Get access to over 83 million phone numbers in Nigeria for your campaigns, products launch, seminars, religious meetings, etc. All the numbers are sorted by states and are valid. Call 2347068389181 to get yours now. Please do not send texts to this number.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by englishmart(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop: Yahoo boys are observing with keen interest cheesy grin
tautology embarassed
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by redcap: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
This service is only available at first bank branch in Niger House Lagos Island.I'm gonna try it out,have been waiting for this for ages.Also in Benin and Abuja.call 0700firstcontact for more info.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by timmilehin(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
DeCleff:

Here is a link to proof my claim as u can read where western union thanked me

You know Lie at all. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Remove Post No Debit Restrictions On Your Bank Account. / Naira Inches Towards 1000 Naira To A Dollar / Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.