Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (50618 Views)

The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2014
ceejayluv:
The wrong party here was the minister of health. A thorough background check of the substance would have saved him the embarrassment. Probably he was under pressure to "do the needful", I understand.

more reason FDA nd Lasg plus others should have waited till experimental tests proved otherwise before quickly poking at nano sliver..
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2014
UrbanMystique: hey fhucktard... Post where I said nano silver was invented by Nigerian or forever die in yabaleft or which ever mental hospital they lock you in cool

Scum grin
I see your journey into daftee-land is making admirable progress. Carry on bro, I'm watching with rapt attention. Mumu grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2014
BetaThings:

Give LASG some credit
They were not prepaid but they have made some good moves
They insisted on cremating Sawyer's body
They built (working night and day) and made operational a new isolation centre after Sawyer's case was detected
That is less than 30 days
The government is paying a lot of money to the doctors who agree to cater for Ebola patients

sure Lasg has done alot..
I'm not taking any credit from them..

what am against was their quick disapproval of nano silver..when it was yet to be tested nd experimented...

twas totally a wrong move..
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by ceejayluv(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

more reason FDA nd Lasg plus others should have waited till experimental tests proved otherwise before quickly poking at nano sliver..

Nigerians ? Experiment??... If not for the FDA warning, Lagos state govt and concerned citizens outcry, they'd have straight up administered the patients with it....

4 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by duni04(m): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Paroman: Nanosilver has absolutely nothing to do with Africa or a black African, dunno where this inconsequential goat got this crap from.Now when I tell you you are too stup1d for your own good, it will look like I actually hate you or something. Your main problem is that you are too dull, you shouldn't be allowed to converse with sane minds on the internet lest you infect them with your gross stupidity. grin
On a sunday morning! This is unfairgringrin

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Uglyduckling: I Looooooooooooove your signature.
thanks ma'am. smiley
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by UrbanMystique: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2014
Paroman: I see your journey into daftee-land is making admirable progress. Carry on bro, I'm watching with rapt attention. Mumu grin grin cool

You think I just say things without using my brain and do research first like y'all American fhuck toy??

Again fhucktard... Post where I said nano
silver was invented by Nigerian or forever die in
yabaleft or which ever mental hospital they lock you in cool
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by 9jatatafo(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2014
Please whatever drug and treatment that saved this one should be immediately applied to the other EVD patients. This is a very great and happy news to hear. This strange pestilence called EVD should be exterminated put under control. Shame to great Babylon (America).
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Daniel058(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin grin grin Akpos!!...why una all hate d minister..ONYEBUChi CHUKWU na my brother>> NWA ABAKALIKI grin grin
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2014
inteli: I tink d health Ministry does not want d US to steal the formula for dis cure datz why dey r not releasing d full info.

wow!!!! the stupidity amongst Nigerians is at an all-time high

8 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

sure Lasg has done alot..
I'm not taking any credit from them..

what am against was their quick disapproval of nano silver..when it was yet to be tested nd experimented...

twas totally a wrong move..

you want govt to test a drug that has been described as a pesticide on Nigerians and when it goes down south,you will be the very 1st calling for the govt to be burnt down....do Nigerians think at all

6 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

FDA already knows about Nano Silver...or you think it was found by a Nigerian just yesterday?

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2014
The reason why the doctor survived.....her immune system response to the virus was the appropriate one.

Also, she was started on supportive treatment immediately......so that improved her chances (Most ebola patients who die present late).

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2014
ceejayluv:
Nigerians ? Experiment??... If not for the FDA warning, Lagos state govt and concerned citizens outcry, they'd have straight up administered the patients with it....

you're wrong...i doubt that..

you peeps always underestimating our health system..
there are procedures an experimental drug goes through before being administered..

soon you'll say there are no labs in Nigeria.. we're the ones painting our self black
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by wirinet(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2014
Ignorance is a disease that pervades all segments of the nigerian society. I can excuse nigerian youths and politicians for being clueless about medical matters, but when a medical doctor and a health minister talk like a village man, then we are really doomed.

Nano silver is nothing more than colloidal silver, made by electrolizing pure silver with low voltage pulsed dc current using distilled water. I used to experiment it about 10 years ago when the fad was on. In fact i joined a very active yahoo group and had promising potentials. It helped a lot when i had flu. The problems i had then was getting pure de-ionized distilled water and getting the right type of dc current. If you dont use the right type of water and current, the silver particles would be too big leading to accumulation of silver on the skin and thus discolouration of the skin.

I think properly prepared colloidal should be tried against ebola. Ionic or colloidal silver is said to have the ability to kill viruses.

4 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by ceejayluv(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

there are procedures an experimental drug goes through before being administered..

soon you'll say there are no labs in Nigeria.. we're the ones painting our self black
I'm not painting us black.. But did you read the first report that the govt "endorsed" the use of nano silver for the treatment of ebola victims. How can you endorse something that hasn't been tested and proven to work on animals against ebola at least?

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2014
milehigh06:

you want govt to test a drug that has been described as a pesticide on Nigerians and when it goes down south,you will be the very 1st calling for the govt to be burnt down....do Nigerians think at all

what's wrong with you..what are u typing??
u should've asked for explanations not jumping into conclusion...

is it only on humans test can be carried on do u know dogs have nearly same reactions to such like we do?
what if it worked on an infected dog then they went on to test on a volunteer??

you should hear how ignorant u sound..

pesticide my foot...what about Zmapp..isn't it a rodenticide

gets ur facts right.. before u spit out trash..

that it is a pesticide doesn't mean it couldn't have been able to cure ebola..

remember its a virus we're dealing with..it kills d immune system..
pesticide or not doesn't make it a poison to human except analysis says so
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

will you hush it.....is it not Nigeria where they told you people to go and baff with salt water and 60% of Nigerians ran to idumaota market to buy bags of salt? or is it the band of fools screaming Nano silver without even knowing what Nano Silver is? or is it the same medical facilities that is sooooooooooooo good that ordinary cough the whole Nigerian cabinet will run to foreign countries for treatment?>can you be objective and truthful for once?it will actually tell youi whetre Nigeria truly is

4 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

is it only on humans test can be carried on do u know dogs have nearly same reactions to such like we do?

WILL REALLY NOT WASTE MY BRAIN CELLS ARGUING WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU

4 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2014
ceejayluv:
I'm not painting us black.. But did you read the first report that the govt "endorsed" the use of nano silver for the treatment of ebola victims. How can you endorse something that hasn't been tested and proven to work on animals against ebola at least?

that's wrong info..
no government will endorse a drug if the ministry hasn't shown prove that it actually passed experimental tests..
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2014
milehigh06:

WILL REALLY NOT WASTE MY BRAIN CELLS ARGUING WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU

neither will i
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2014
milehigh06:

will you hush it.....is it not Nigeria where they told you people to go and baff with salt water and 60% of Nigerians ran to idumaota market to buy bags of salt? or is it the band of fools screaming Nano silver without even knowing what Nano Silver is? or is it the same medical facilities that is sooooooooooooo good that ordinary cough the whole Nigerian cabinet will run to foreign countries for treatment?>can you be objective and truthful for once?it will actually tell youi whetre Nigeria truly is

read properly,

YOU'RE S I C K
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The minister also announced that the drug, Nano Silver, which was thought could be used to treat Ebola patients in Nigeria, was said not to have met the requirements of the National Health Research ethics code....Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu angry angry angry

Please can someone sack this man. angry angry

You're an e-diot
It's an untested drug
A practical pesticide.
Your blind anti anericanism won't lead you to take poison. Mumus

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by ceejayluv(m): 11:41am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

that's wrong info..
no government will endorse a drug if the ministry hasn't shown prove that it actually passed experimental tests..

I believe so... Well, the press didn't help matters too with their sensational headlines and reports.

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by anytexy: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2014
Imoy: Na lie d health minister dey talk. He does not want the FDA to knw he still went ahead in using that Nano silver after they have threatened to take necessary action against Nigeria if we used the "pesticide"

Ok if u don't bliv me, why didn't he mention the drug he used on the patient, or say the patient recovered naturally?

Nano silver all the way.

God bless nigeria.
You spoke my mind joor.
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2014
Kizmarty:

Its one thing to be unintelligent and stupid
It's another to be unintelligent and stupid in public.

Gosh you're the worst kind.
Those who don't know but come out to say rubbish in public
What do you know about drug testing. What do you know about clinical trials?

Please develop a brain

9 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 17, 2014
THEY CALLED A DRUG NANO SILVER. THAT SHOULD TELL ANYONE IN SCIENCE WITH BASIC EDUCATION THATVIT IS HIGHLY TOXIC. YET FOOLISHNESS WOULD MAKE YOU CALL A POISON A DRUG JUST YO GET AT AMERICA THAT DOESNT EVER SEND YOU AND YOUR WRETCHED EXISTENCE IN NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 17, 2014
milehigh06:

FDA already knows about Nano Silver...or you think it was found by a Nigerian just yesterday?

nd where did i give u the impression to feel otherwise?
how much does FDA know what if..just what if..modifications was made

they were wrong to jump into conclusion
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 17, 2014
ebdib:

Please develop a brain

I stopped arguing with the guy after the 2nd post..had me gobsmacked

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2014
ebdib:

Please develop a brain

you're so shallow minded nd myopic..

think away from ur sphere.. look beyond what u see..

guess i underestimated ur st.upidity...very wrongful of me ..

develop your mindset
Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2014
wirinet: Ignorance is a disease that pervades all segments of the nigerian society. I can excuse nigerian youths and politicians for being clueless about medical matters, but when a medical doctor and a health minister talk like a village man, then we are really doomed.

Nano silver is nothing more than colloidal silver, made by electrolizing pure silver with low voltage pulsed dc current using distilled water. I used to experiment it about 10 years ago when the fad was on. In fact i joined a very active yahoo group and had promising potentials. It helped a lot when i had flu. The problems i had then was getting pure de-ionized distilled water and getting the right type of dc current. If you dont use the right type of water and current, the silver particles would be too big leading to accumulation of silver on the skin and thus discolouration of the skin.

I think properly prepared colloidal should be tried against ebola. Ionic or colloidal silver is said to have the ability to kill viruses.

Colloidal silver has not yet been tested against viral disease.It was tested against HIV viruses in vitro....but so far, it has not yet undergone animal or human tests.It does have some anti-bacterial activity...and has been used in treating wounds topically (not orally).

Zmapp....on the other hand performed well in animal testing (and trying it on humans BTW...broke protocol....normally they would have still done more tests over the next few years).

The article Nanosilver particles in medical applications: synthesis, performance, and toxicity gives a full overview of all the uses of nano silver....and it can be found online via google.

See also the story of Paul Karason...who self medicated with colloidal silver for a year...with tragic results.(video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y98b_QitrnI

3 Likes

Re: First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister by Chillext(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Samunique: A u so dumb like that, that u cannot even use ur head for a second?
What have pastors got to do with this thread? Why not give these people breathing space and let them be, afterall they did not import ebola to Nigeria!!!!

@ topic.
Thank God for the survivor! Hope they'll use the same pattern and formula to treat the rest.
Another EBOLA patient, pls beware of his comments.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

200 Cuban Doctors Land In South Africa To Fight Coronavirus (Pictures) / The Scorpion I Found Just Now In My Room (Photo) / Dr Satmak Gideon Found Dead In Neighbour's House In Jos Six Weeks After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.