Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? (16654 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Kingstone32(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
vikel2104: I have noticed that kids of nowadays tend to grow up too fast. My neighbour's 2-year old daughter speaks words that are beyond her age. She can make complete sentences and follow conversations. In fact I had to confirm from her mum if she's really just 2 years old. Sometimes I feel it is not safe to discuss secrets when these kids are around. The other day, my friend's daughter who is also 2 years and some months walked alone all the way from their house through a somewhat lonely path to meet her dad somewhere in the neighbourhood. These days you see 10 year olds talking and behaving like 15 year olds. I am sometimes amazed at what goes on in the heads of these kids. I just think that these kids are going up at a faster rate than their parents when they were their age. Have you noticed this? What do you think?

what do you expect? We're living in the indomie generation. This kids grows fast but one thing always bothers me. They are too damn weak. Flog anyone of them for misbehaving and you'll have a dead kid in your hands!
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Dejiololade(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
those days- the call it stone age, but now we are in computer age .... may be our children are born with 32G RAM... isn't this too much for their brain?

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by vicdall(f): 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
kingeze88: At six months, my son could take my phone charger to the socket and attempt to plug it. Now he is one year old. He knows how to put on the television. When I bring a plate of fufu, soup and water to wash my hands, I observe with keen interest when he dips his hand into the bowl to wash his hands first. After that, he proceeds to consume the helpless fufu.hmmmmmmmm. The world has changed. Pls when u are with your wife in a room, avoid any form of sex in the presence of your ward or child no matter the age. Kids learn so fast.
Is she your daughter? Cute baby

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by pappilo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mutuwa: My four year old dota manipulates android: she knows where d pix are,d vids and d games,infact she uses d camera for a selfie.
She knows how to put on d dvd disk to play her favourite toons.

See life o

My dad bought our first VHS video player when I was almost 15. And we would jejely pack up the video player and return it to my dad's room after watching First Blood Part 2 (Rambo) yet again.

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by AroOkigbo(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mutuwa: My four year old dota manipulates android: she knows where d pix are,d vids and d games,infact she uses d camera for a selfie.
She knows how to put on d dvd disk to play her favourite toons.
My data subscription finished earlier than normal.
It was later that I found out that my 6 yr old son had been downloading games onto his tab from the Android play store via wifi.

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Lamasta(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yes the Young shall grow
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by 50calibre(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pistolx: hey lie

Ok if you say so. You're in kaduna (an impoverished place) after all, what do you know.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by NaLaugh: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Godmystrength: I strongly disagree. Your cousin is not the whole of Naija kids.

He is not. However, he represents the predominant oratory pattern of Naija kids.

About 3 out of 5 of them would speak that way.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Godmystrength: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
NaLaugh:

He is not. However, he represents the predominant oratory pattern of Naija kids.

About 3 out of 5 of them would speak that way.
where did you get those figures from??
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by NaLaugh: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Godmystrength: where did you get those figures from??

From informed sample observations (personal).
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Ifecoded(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin :Do boi all thiz tinz wey una dey talk dey surprise me o, coz my own 6yrs old cousin too dull, he no sabi anytin o, stand up na then e go dey try sit down, buh e sabi cook, pound and eats like a man. :Do boi all thiz tinz wey una dey talk dey surprise me o, coz my own 6yrs old cousin too dull, he no sabi anytin o, stand up na then e go dey try sit down, buh e sabi cook, pound and eats like a man.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Pistolx(m): 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
50calibre:

Ok if you say so. You're in kaduna (an impoverished place) after all, what do you know.
I believe u have never been to kd before
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Godmystrength: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
NaLaugh:

From informed sample observations (personal).
Your own personal observation? Okay then.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by tourphland(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
50calibre: Kids of these days are getting increasingly smarter, it's a form of evolution.

i think it's down to better nutrition, better education and over exposure to technology.

My little nephews who are 6, 9 & 10 are too exposed, I have to be mindful of the type of things I say in their presence, they already know the meaning of sex & dating. As a matter of fact the two boy have girlfriends already, while they girl who's just 6 told me she broke up with her boyfriend.
lie no go kill u

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by kingeze88(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yea. She is my daughter. Thanks.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by 50calibre(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pistolx: I believe u have never been to kd before

I don't want to, don't need to, I'm scarred to death of boko haram.

Seek out your friend Tourphland, he's probably in Kano or Sokoto.

I don't expect any of you to understand something which is out of you league.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Pistolx(m): 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
50calibre:

I don't want to, don't need to, I'm scarred to death of boko haram.

Seek out your friend Tourphland, he's probably in Kano or Sokoto.

I don't expect any of you to understand something which is out of you league.
some southerners can be so stupid I tell ya
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Lizboh(f): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=utumunta] My neighbour's kid, though he has grown tall, seem to be in his own world where nothing happens. Infact ignorance dey worry the boy! He hates school like his grand father and prefers to sit out by their gate with their security man.

He knows how to fix cars though...
[/quote

maybe the boy is suffering from depression
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by amanikondo: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
NaLaugh: You gotta keep up.

Then again, Naija kids are a little slower to develop coherent speech, and they speak soooooooo slow. Like person wey drink palmi cheesy

The other time wey i enter Naija, one of my 5 year old cousin was like:

"myyyyyy muuuummmyyy sayyyyyy thaaaaatt yoouuuu shool com an' eaaaaaaat"

You wicked Bro.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by megastu(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
When we were young it takes about three days before a new born baby opens his/her eyes but these days as dem born pikin, the eye dey shine dey look everybody.

Global warming.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Beync(f): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
it surprises me that anytime I place a toy and my phone before my 6months baby to play with, she always ignore the toy and pick my phone, though she likes biting the phone; D
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by ceasare: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
M
tourphland: lie no go kill u

grin grin grin
@ d bolded got rolling on d floor in fact 59 caliber when did the tortoise fall and now crack back.....broad u can lie o!
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
The world is a spoilt place...There is nothing you can hide from an unborn child...even inside his/her mother's worm he/she is spiolt..imagine these days kids dont fear any body,they ar not even shy any longer..they can even approach a gal wit out no shame..
Just imagine,a 3 yrs old child can be in pry1..but i was 8yrs old in primary 1....
Now tell me what the world will be like?
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
All kids are born smart and learn fast. it all depends on how parents bring them up either to be freely expressive or to keep mute when adults are talking. a fully developed 12yr old is still a kid. parents have to be careful with what they teach their kids. when you tell a fully developed 12 yr old daughter about things you should be discussing with an 18-21 years old lady,you are just complicating matters. all she should know are the basics about sx,stds,the importance of good environmental and personal hygiene and most importantly,her books. avoid all these man pleasing talk! same goes for the boys.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by ceeceeco: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
@5yrs old, my sister's son already knows how 2 unlock an iPad.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by bigfizh(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Haven't you guys noticed that Africans hardly attain the age of 100 years anymore before passing on, unlike our fore fathers that attained over 120 years, the way children are growing so fast these days like those white people, its so alarming, God help us
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by dasparrow: 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
vikel2104: I have noticed that kids of nowadays tend to grow up too fast. My neighbour's 2-year old daughter speaks words that are beyond her age. She can make complete sentences and follow conversations. In fact I had to confirm from her mum if she's really just 2 years old. Sometimes I feel it is not safe to discuss secrets when these kids are around. The other day, my friend's daughter who is also 2 years and some months walked alone all the way from their house through a somewhat lonely path to meet her dad somewhere in the neighbourhood. These days you see 10 year olds talking and behaving like 15 year olds. I am sometimes amazed at what goes on in the heads of these kids. I just think that these kids are going up at a faster rate than their parents when they were their age. Have you noticed this? What do you think?

Yes, kids are growing very fast. Soon, they will start making babies at 12 and 13 years old and by the time they are 18 years old, they might decide to fling their parents into a nursing home if it were possible because they cannot wait to have their freedom and space.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Missmossy(f): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thats jet age and all that comes with it for youcheesy what do you expect with the influx of westernalization?
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by fightforchange1(f): 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
the main reason why kids grow up too fast is the music in the in the movies they let their children watch. the second reason is because of the kids the kids that means that your kids are hanging out with and the ideas of the kids are filling up their children's heads with. another reason is the is the actions and behavior your children are observing their parents and their uncles and aunts and brothers and sisters do
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Jaymaestro(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yea . They are learning faster than one could ever imagine . My three years old cousin handles android and its variants like toy . He even insists to keep nails so He could play temple run .
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by makizee(m): 12:10am On Aug 19, 2014
Evolution at work my people, one day a 6 year old boy become NASA director and becomes a Father by the time he turns 8
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by delishpot: 12:42am On Aug 19, 2014
Well, to me o, I believe its cos adults have started spending more time with their kids and allowing them to be like partners in the home and the kids are allowed to handle gadgets and other stuff and we all know practice makes perfect. Back in the day who born you to touch ya papa phone? who born you to on TV just like that at that age? Who born you to put casset in the VCR (those that were allowed then to turn on the VCR also amazed their parents then too. to show that when you give ftee reign a child will do things adults consider big) Who born you to even sitdown and gist with your dad anyhow? Fathers did not have time for their kids cos its was a womans job to talk and play with young children and moms were too busy running the home so kids were always left with older sibblings or relations to play outside and so they talked like older kids. kids grew up in fear and naivity. Secondly the insecuriry in the society also has a role. In those days kids were always playing outside with fellow kids, play from afternoon till mom comes to call you with a cane or send a sibling who will give you the good news of moms cane awaiting you for not returning home early.
Nowadays , its risky to leave kids outside by themselves so they are always close to adults and learn adult language. How the hell do we thinks kids learn to talk? Of course from what people around them say. If they are mostly outside playing with peers they speak what they hear them say. I remember us with the word TOTO lol. Mom was shocked but oh well, that was the language lesson for that day so we learnt and added to our vocab list.
So when kids of nowadays talk like adults its cos they are around adults most of the time and thus built their vocab from adults words.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? / Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage? / FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.