Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? (3668 Views)

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Canada Vs America Or Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 12:09am On Aug 18, 2014
i am intending msc student whose plan is to later settle in the us,i am also a staunch giver(didnt mean to brag ). from what i have gathered is that when you are living abroad ,ur spending is limited and are always proper. a dollar or pound is always meant for something..i also heard people hardly pay tithe and they pay little offerings and all these leading to stingyness..so im asking those in diaspora...will my coming abroad affecting my already built spending nigeria culture, those who are givers ,did it affect you ?becos i dnt wna loose d giving attitude while abroad..thanks
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Skillz02(m): 1:07am On Aug 18, 2014
Google it out
since you dey doubt your self

1 Like

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by dytbabe: 1:42am On Aug 18, 2014
grin grin grin

U can only give when u have na

Those that are stingy don't have ni
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by VantagePoint: 2:26am On Aug 18, 2014
dytbabe: grin grin grin

grin grin
WORD!
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Allohrandy(m): 3:50am On Aug 18, 2014
not everybody is rich in America. how can you give if you don't have money? Nigerians living abroad are not stingy. most are living pay check to pay check and are struggling to pay their bills.
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2014
U don't wait till u get before u give,,u first of al give so that u will get inorder to gv..

So its clear dat it changes people giving culture..nawa o
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Omojayejaye(m): 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
OP..when you get there..your eyes go open..continue dashing your mo#£¥ out in the name of tithe..Mr.father xmas...
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 12:53am On Aug 19, 2014
tithinh is not dashin of money.......and dis goes to show people abroad dont pay tithe
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by oncolor1: 2:16am On Aug 19, 2014
ridimic1: tithinh is not dashin of money.......and dis goes to show people abroad dont pay tithe

Bro, wise up, God does not have a bank account. You are doing Father Christmas to whoever you are giving your tithe to.

1 Like

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Mystiqme: 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
ridimic1: U don't wait till u get before u give,,u first of al give so that u will get inorder to gv..
I don't understand this sentence. Will you then steal to give? If you don't have, how can you give?
Anyway, that's a generalization. People in the USA pay tithe and send money to Nigeria. In 2011, Nigerians sent a total of $20 billion from the USA, ranking 5th in the world with regard to remittances.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271455/Revealed-How-immigrants-America-sending-120-BILLION-struggling-families-home.html

1 Like

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by GboyegaD(m): 4:50am On Aug 20, 2014
Oga, you give what you have. Truth is when you live at a place where you pay bills, you pay your bills first and then give from the excesses. We give but only when the need is reasonable. I believe people say those abroad are stingy because they want us to fund their excessive lifestyle back home.
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by clemmonce(m): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
dytbabe: grin grin grin

grin grin
and who told those that give have enough? let me tell you something givers give even when they don't have enough it is in them . while stingy people don't give because they feel they don't have enough so they don't need to give. and I have come to realise that givers are actually the most successful in the world . one of the keys to success is you must learn to give I mean give even when you really have enough . for your info giving is not always sweet because you have to forgo something to give. people that have something to do with their resources but they decided to give. To the Op as fae you have been giving ever since then no situation can change you . even if you get your money by working 22hours it won't atop you from giving. it is your kind of person . I am sure it because of your giving attitude that you are were you are today. No be you wan travel so? goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by dytbabe: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
clemmonce: and who told those that give have enough? let me tell you something givers give even when they don't have enough it is in them . while stingy people don't give because they feel they don't have enough so they don't need to give. and I have come to realise that givers are actually the most successful in the world . one of the keys to success is you must learn to give I mean give even when you really have enough . for your info giving is not always sweet because you have to forgo something to give. people that have something to do with their resources but they decided to give. To the Op as fae you have been giving ever since then no situation can change you . even if you get your money by working 22hours it won't atop you from giving. it is your kind of person . I am sure it because of your giving attitude that you are were you are today. No be you wan travel so? goodluck.

Sobs
So sweet
Sniffs
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Enahi(f): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
ridimic1: i am intending msc student whose plan is to later settle in the us,i am also a staunch giver(didnt mean to brag ). from what i have gathered is that when you are living abroad ,ur spending is limited and are always proper. a dollar or pound is always meant for something..i also heard people hardly pay tithe and they pay little offerings and all these leading to stingyness..so im asking those in diaspora...will my coming abroad affecting my already built spending nigeria culture, those who are givers ,did it affect you ?becos i dnt wna loose d giving attitude while abroad..thanks
Yes you will become very stingy,I don't know what country to place first sef between Americans and Europeans. My Mum is very stingy cry.
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
ridimic1: U don't wait till u get before u give,,u first of al give so that u will get inorder to gv..

So its clear dat it changes people giving culture..nawa o

I'm not sure you are a true giver, if you truly are then you wouldn't have started this thread.

Genuine givers don't announce it, they don't expect something in return or want to be praised.
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by esere826: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
ridimic1: i am intending msc student whose plan is to later settle in the us,i am also a staunch giver(didnt mean to brag ). from what i have gathered is that when you are living abroad ,ur spending is limited and are always proper. a dollar or pound is always meant for something..i also heard people hardly pay tithe and they pay little offerings and all these leading to stingyness..so im asking those in diaspora...will my coming abroad affecting my already built spending nigeria culture, those who are givers ,did it affect you ?becos i dnt wna loose d giving attitude while abroad..thanks

I'm not sure if your ascription of "GIVING" is:
1) meant soley within the christian tradition of church related giving
or
2) if it also encompasses your 'above average' generosity to all (both religious and others)

I'll assume is the second and make suggestions based on this.

You'll learn to be wiser with your money if in the UK...
so you can easilly continue with your giving if you are ready
to deprive yourself of some little comforts.

For example, you can walk instead of taking the bus or train, save on heating, cook always, avoid nigerian foods that are expensive, buy cheap basic clothing etc

But while doing this, avoid using your credit card to sponsor your genorosity.

Along the line, if you have a good source of income (either through God's reward, luck, or smartness) you can then afford to be both generous and spendthrift in luxury

2 Likes

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ronaldreagan26: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
justwise:

I'm not sure you are a true giver, if you truly are then you wouldn't have started this thread.

Genuine givers don't announce it, they don't expect something in return or want to be praised.

Gbam, well said.
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by anonimi: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
esere826:

I'm not sure if your ascription of "GIVING" is:
1) meant soley within the christian tradition of church related giving
or
2) if it also encompasses your 'above average' generosity to all (both religious and others)

I'll assume is the second and make suggestions based on this.

You'll learn to be wiser with your money if in the UK...
so you can easilly continue with your giving if you are ready
to deprive yourself of some little comforts.

For example, you can walk instead of taking the bus or train, save on heating, cook always, avoid nigerian foods that are expensive, buy cheap basic clothing etc

But while doing this, avoid using your credit card to sponsor your genorosity.

Along the line, if you have a good source of income (either through God's reward, luck, or smartness) you can then afford to be both generous and spendthrift in luxury

The bottomline however is not to GIVE one's money anyhow to lazy, able bodied relations & friends who will enjoy (on owambes, parties, frolicking etc) the result of one's self-deprivation that resulted in the savings itself.
Better to channel it towards education and health initiatives for clearly under-privileged children towards a better society overall.
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by esere826: 12:00am On Aug 21, 2014
anonimi:

The bottomline however is not to GIVE one's money anyhow to lazy, able bodied relations & friends who will enjoy (on owambes, parties, frolicking etc) the result of one's self-deprivation that resulted in the savings itself.
Better to channel it towards education and health initiatives for clearly under-privileged children towards a better society overall.

over the years
i've learnt not to advice people on the technicality of giving, except they seek such opinion
or I suspect that their actions are ruled by hypnotic fear from which they at least faintly desire to unlock themselves from

some folks actually feel fulfilled only when they hollow themselves out to others
some parents fry akara in order to give their teenage sons money to buy beer so the sons don't suffer from inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Lexusgs430: 12:09am On Aug 21, 2014
That is probably the problem, the level of expectations vis a vis the grey line in the ethics of giving.
You need to sight examples of giving, so it can properly be analysed. And secondly, you can only give, when the pot has something in it.
I also hear that in the western world, their is nothing like free money. As we know in Nigeria, due to our level corruption and lack of accountability, the former is plentiful.
When you eventually relocate, your thought - process might change or not, when you realise that every penny spent is earned!!!!!!
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
justwise:

im not ere to anounce if im a true giver or to impress people..didnt u read my starting message..i said i didnt mean to brag....my main aim of starting dis thread is because...i jus wna kn how spending feels like in d uk or us as a diasporan..becos i learnt every one abroad esp in the uk are very stingy(akagum shocked grin)..
if im anouncing my myself then i wil probably be teling u al about any charity work i have done or how i have given to people or so.. or so,,,dats wat we call anouncing smiley
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
clemmonce: and who told those that give have enough? let me tell you something givers give even when they don't have enough it is in them . while stingy people don't give because they feel they don't have enough so they don't need to give. and I have come to realise that givers are actually the most successful in the world . one of the keys to success is you must learn to give I mean give even when you really have enough . for your info giving is not always sweet because you have to forgo something to give. people that have something to do with their resources but they decided to give. To the Op as fae you have been giving ever since then no situation can change you . even if you get your money by working 22hours it won't atop you from giving. it is your kind of person . I am sure it because of your giving attitude that you are were you are today. No be you wan travel so? goodluck.

well said..its nice to know that living abroad wont change someones giving attitude
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
pls if u can push dis to front page...thanks
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by justwise(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2014
ridimic1:

im not ere to anounce if im a true giver or to impress people..didnt u read my starting message..i said i didnt mean to brag....my main aim of starting dis thread is because...i jus wna kn how spending feels like in d uk or us as a diasporan..becos i learnt every one abroad esp in the uk are very stingy(akagum shocked grin)..
if im anouncing my myself then i wil probably be teling u al about any charity work i have done or how i have given to people or so.. or so,,,dats wat we call anouncing smiley

ridimic1: i am intending msc student whose plan is to later settle in the us, i am also a staunch giver(didnt mean to brag ). from what i have gathered is that when you are living abroad ,ur spending is limited and are always proper. a dollar or pound is always meant for something..i also heard people hardly pay tithe and they pay little offerings and all these leading to stingyness..so im asking those in diaspora...will my coming abroad affecting my already built spending nigeria culture, those who are givers ,did it affect you ?becos i dnt wna loose d giving attitude while abroad..thanks

You bragged already by telling us that you are a staunch giver

1 Like

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by dridowu: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Givers Never Lack

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
only GIVERS knew i wasnt bragging smiley
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 26, 2014
You can't give what you don't have.

Anyways if you decide to live in America then prepare to be stingy. Those people get paid peanuts tongue

1 Like

Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 1:45am On Aug 26, 2014
jennykadry: You can't give what you don't have.

Anyways if you decide to live in America then prepare to be stingy. Those people get paid peanuts tongue

lool wot of uk...i tink d uk is strict n stingy,,from wat i heard sha.....america is still giver friendly....
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 26, 2014
ridimic1:

lool wot of uk...i tink d uk is strict n stingy,,from wat i heard sha.....america is still giver friendly....

Naaa. UK offered me better pay but America that's a story for another day cheesy. Hubby has his American roots intact and I hope he doesn't ask us to move someday seeing that he has a lot of commitments there cry. I no go gree grin
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 1:53am On Aug 26, 2014
lol which country r u
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 26, 2014
Australia
Re: Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? by ridimic1: 1:59am On Aug 26, 2014
oh nice...do u guz receive much over der to be givers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flight Boarding: Need Help As A First Time Traveller. / Nigerian Students Studying At University Of Aberdeen/rgu / Report: Over 9,000 Nigerians Trek Through Forest Into Canada From U.S (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.