Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? (16101 Views)

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue / The Igbos Are Probably Nigeria's Most Populous Ethnic Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by MarieSucre(f): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
First of all, I just want to point out that it is silly to hate or claim to hate an entire ethnic group. You're operating under the assumption that they're a monolith which their not. And if you're one of such tribal bigots then Beyonce would like to tell you that "you're the best thing that that person from that hated tribe never had" adios hater.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by fireforfire: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
My dear i think its LOVE.
Dis thing called love can do and undo.

My own current experienc here in uk e nko? i never liked asians . infact i saw dem as too overbearing, quiteunfriendly, and because of dia religion i concluded dey are all terrorists.
But im in a relatiinship with someone i NEVER dreamt of coming close to because of their race n relgion .
My boo is frpm Pakistan and we r madly in love.

hehehehehehetehehe

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by MarieSucre(f): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
fireforfire:

My own current experienc here in uk e nko? i never liked asians . infact i saw dem as too overbearing, quiteunfriendly, and because of dia religion i concluded dey are all terrorists.
But im in a relatiinship with someone i NEVER dreamt of coming close to because of their race n relgion .

hehehehehehetehehe
So you've now converted. congratulations. a toast to diversity.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Krasid(m): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don't hate any ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
2cato:
I hate Yoruba people very much that i will never want them near me yet i am about to marry a (dirty) Yoruba muslim gurl from kwara state
Please, WHO ARE U
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by alobam1: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmm.I don't like Religious people myself.but I don't hate them.I blast them every now and then on my FB page.Yet I was once in a very serious relationship with a Religious girl that hit the rocks because she naggs. I am almost into another Religious one that might end up into Marriage soon...I even made jest of her last week when I saw a bible in her bag as she goes around with one. This is a good case with those who loathe people of other ethnic group but end up marrying them.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Chommieblaq(f): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I WILL SAY THIS AND KEEP SAYING IT, IF YOU WANT PEACE OF MIND AND A HAPPY MARITAL LIFE STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIAN WOMEN IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TRIBE. NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE LIKE A VISA TO EARLY GRAVE. THEY ARE HARD TO PLEASE, THEY ARE MONEY HUNGRY, THEY HAVE NO MANNERS, THEIR HYGIENE IS TERRIBLE, THEY ARE PROMISCUOS, THEY ARE INTELLECTUALLY BEHIND COMPARED TO FOREIGN LADIES. THE NEW TREND AMONG NIGERIAN WOMEN IS TO KILL THEIR HUSBAND OR BURN HIS DICK. THEY ARE HEARTLESS AND MARRYING THEM IS LIKE A SUICIDE MISSION. STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIAN WOMEN.

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool
That why u still searching for love. Jisike and happy searching.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by thewarrior72: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
There are two fatal mistake that must not be made by an IGBO person.1 Never marry an MGBATI woman.
2 Never marry a MUSLIM man or woman.

I don talk my own

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
Chommieblaq:
That why u still searching for love. Jisike n happy searching.

Wetin consine u Amebor undecided
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by humilitypays(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Very sensitive and interesting topic.

Igbo ladies are the most affected here in Nigeria, and I will advice any Igbo girl or lady reading this to try her best to avoid:

1. Yoruba guys/men because Yoruba men hate Igbo as a tribe for no justifiable reason.

Yoruba men only date Igbo girls because of their physical beauty and just to score cheap points.

I pray none of my female relation marry a Yoruba man because the level of hatred Yoruba guys have for Igbo people is so much more than any other tribe in Nigeria.

I keep wondering what Igbo people did to Yoruba men...the hate is just so much and it hurts me whenever I see an Igbo girl dating or married to a Yoruba man because she is playing with fire!

Marriage isn't just an individual affair, you must accept the person, his/her siblings, relatives, kinsmen, community and tribe, so if u hate a tribe or community pls NEVER you date or marry someone from there because it will sure backfire on you in future!!

#StopHatingOtherPeopleOrTribe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zendy: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
In 1988,my cousin (an Igbo girl) made history by being the first girl in our village to marry a Yoruba man. During the traditional ceremony (Igba Nkwu),one of the her uncles walked out of the event because could not stand the sight of the "outrageous" facial tribal marks of the Yorubas present. The marriage was froght with so many difficulties from the onset. Yorubas and Igbos have their own way of thinking that is as different as the sun and the moon. Inter-tribal marriage is not for the impatient

6 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by mightycrown1(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
[size=18pt]IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO NOTICE THAT IGBO & YORUBA HATES EACH OTHER WITH PASSION YET IF IM NOT MISTAKING THE PERCENTAGE OF INTER-ETHNIC MARRIAGE IN THIS COUNTRY IS HIGHER BETWEEN THESE TWO TRIBES THAN BETWEEN ANY OTHER TRIBES IN THIS COUNTRY.
MY FIRST DATE IS AN IGBO GIRL AND THE LADY IM ABOUT TO MARRY IS AN IGBO GIRL BUT THAT DOESNT STOP ME FROM BLASTING THEM IF THEY BLAST MY TRIBE.
SO IT IS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO MARRY FROM THE ETHNIC GROUP ONE HATES. [/size]

[size=16pt]MEANWHILE DONT WASTE YOUR VOTE, VOTE GMB -THE MASSES GENERAL[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by hollarwaley: 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
grin
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by humilitypays(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
fireforfire:

hehehehehehetehehe
One of the many mistakes women make in their lives:

1. Marrying just for romantic love which definitely fades away with time

2. Marrying someone with different religious value from theirs.

Remember, men are shaped by their belief, and most of men's belief comes from their religion/culture/tradition.

Be careful pls...romantic love can be deceptive.

When making choice of a marriage partner, pls consider:

1. His religious belief
2. His goals and vision
3. His culture, tradition, language- for a marriage to work after many years, couple must share similar or same culture/tradition/understand each others language too.

Don't marry someone u can't hear or speak his/her language for easy communication.

Don't marry someone who doesn't believe in your race/tribe, who doesn't respect your tribe, race, religion, culture, tradition because he/she will display hatred for your tribe/race, religion one day and may mock or persecute your people one day which u may not be able to take. Only time can tell if they truly desired to marry u or were only lusting after u for their selfish interest.

In summary, be careful...romantic love isn't enough reason to marry someone.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by vega84(m): 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yorubas? No way! #vegatalks#

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by menix(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
Richy4:
God has a very good sense of humor.
Way back, I said I did not like a certain university. That was were I ended up.

God please I don't want to serve in Bayelsa state. I hated water. That was where yours truly was parcel to.

God don't let plumpy lady come my way, na wetin I dey see now. Most with good heart. The type you can take to mama.

I have resolved never to voice out what I do not like. Because it will show up at my door step.

Taa broz stop dis lie nah..
Oya, i know u wont lik dating a Deaf nd dumb, voice out ya hate lemme see if dey com knocking u wont pick d nxt train to MFM....
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by paranorman(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
pak:
Both love and hate are very strong emotions and can easily be mistaken for each other.

If the object of your love (or admiration) is beyond reach, you subconsciously try to suppress the love and hence your hurt by masking it as hate.

That's why it's dangerous to date someone just walking out of a relationship and still has strong hate emotions towards the ex - it's the love still playing itself out.

Also, humans generally LOVE to conquer what we HATE

That's why you see ladies falling for reckless, womanizing, sweet talking unreliable young men - they actually hate this quality, but LOVE the thrill of conquering someone who epitomizes it.
And you see serious minded conservative young men falling for flashy, shallow girls - simple they hate these qualities but subconsciously LOVE the power trip of getting girls like that.

Really, homo sapiens are very complex set of beings undecided
you made lot of sense. This is deep and only people with an open mind will truly understand this to the roots. Believe me, i do.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by fairheven: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
To start with..why shd one hate an ethnic group?

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by octopusfreaky(f): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
Nawa oooo,,,Nigerians can hate themselves,,,,not surprised..how can we move forward with so much hatred....never possible,,,not a curse,,, why do u think God stopped the people who were building tower of Babel,,,so much cooperation and He knew ey cud achieve their goal.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by menix(m): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yoruba(egyptians) nd igbos(israelites) ve been enemies since dayz of Moses.
Buh datz der own pot of cake..

Mii i aint goin to bini kingdom, infact if i try am sef, am sure of goin alone....

Somtym i stare at my cousin who is frm dat tribe lik som sort of possessed ghost..

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by tiredface: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Most hate about other culture is merely jealousy. When you can't beat them, can't join them, the next is hate them. I'm not a Nigerian but I have leaved there. I know it's easy to hate an Ibo man mostly because of his culture or believes of superiority etc. When a tribe believes they're better and wouldn't bow down or give up when competing, whether in school or business and other areas, it's easy to hate such tribe or person, period.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Richy4(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
menix:

Taa broz stop dis lie nah..
Oya, i know u wont lik dating a Deaf nd dumb, voice out ya hate lemme see if dey com knocking u wont pick d nxt train to MFM....

I don't owe you an explanation bro.
take it or live it. I will not gain anything from lying. I was only typing shi.t that I have experienced. besides I am hooked at the moment. sorry Your little game you wanna play with me will not work.
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by cococandy(f): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
GodMode:
For religious people its wrong.

But since I'm not religious.

Yes if she's more beautiful than cococandy And also respects me...

How is it wrong for religious people?

Erm stop lying I know your babe. She's even finer than Genevieve tongue
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by GodMode: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
cococandy:

How is it wrong for religious people?

Erm stop lying I know your babe. She's even finer than Genevieve tongue

Read -- Numbers 36

You're a beauty gringringringrin
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by cococandy(f): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by cococandy(f): 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
GodMode:

Read -- Numbers 36

You're a beauty gringringringrin

Oh.

Ok thanks
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by GodMode: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
cococandy:

You're welcome..... love gringringrin
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
GodMode:

You're welcome.....

That part of the bible is not for all christains.
And it is just for those Israelite daughters in line to inherit land.
It was all about land inheritance so that they wouldn't lose their land to other tribes.
Not religious purposes.

Whatever sha. Old Testament things.
It is not the law for christains.

You know many Old Testament stuff describe only some Jewish traditions not the laws Christ charges us to live by.
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by GodMode: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
cococandy:

That part of the bible is not for all christains.
And it is just for those Israelite daughters in line to inherit land.
It was all about land inheritance so that they wouldn't lose their land to other tribes.
Not religious purposes.

Whatever sha. Old Testament things.
It is not the law for christains.

You know many Old Testament stuff describe only some Jewish traditions not the laws Christ charges us to live by.

gringringrin I knew u were going to say its "old testament"... Most christians do that a lotgringringrin...

in my opinion:

When the bible writes "israelites" its talking about christians...

In this 21st century... Land inheritance also means Assets and Finance...

I don't debate religious passages cos the debate will have no conclusion...

Don't give yourself headache over a rule millions of people have already broken even before this 21st century...gringringringrin
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by cococandy(f): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Well that's the truth.
Not all bible rules apply to Christians

Anyway I don't give myself headache over it.
GodMode:

gringringrin I knew u were going to say its "old testament"... Most christians do that a lotgringringrin...

in my opinion:

When the bible writes "israelites" its talking about christians...

In this 21st century... Land inheritance also means Assets and Finance...

I don't debate religious passages cos the debate will have no conclusion...

Don't give yourself headache over a rule millions of people have already broken even before this 21st century...gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by GodMode: 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
cococandy:
Well that's the truth.
Not all bible rules apply to Christians

Anyway I don't give myself headache over it.

I am not debating religious passages.... Whether its the truth or not... Religious passages are just written documents to me...
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by toshmann(m): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
First of all why would a reasonable person hate an ethnic group? If you cant find good people in any ethnic group. . . . if the only people you find in an ethnic grouo are the bad ones then you should examine yourself bc like terms attract each other.

However, as far as i'm concerned, in the impossible event that I hate an ethnic group, that hypothetical hatred will have absolutely nothingvto do with the pretty girls of that ethnic group.

If Hitler has a pretty daughter I'm ready to [s] fv-k her. . i mean screw her. . . I mean bang her. . .. . D[/s] I meant love her cheesy

Bring me the girls cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Renaming The Niger Area: Top Priority Place That Should Change Names / Easy Ways To Attract Positive Things To Yourself Amid Harsh Condition Of Nigeria / Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.