Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error (7674 Views)

Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / "Islamic Theological Schools Of Thought"-English Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 12:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Empiree:
I dont necessarily remember but kindly quote me so i know what you talking about cuz i dont know where you going with your indirect question. Thanks
Empiree:

God Almighty already had His plans in place way before He created Adam. Why He created Him (and his progeny) best known to God. We believe from all indications and reference(s) from Quran that Adam was created in Heavens. The fact is Adam(as) was created for earth.
Chapter 2 (al-Baqarah) verses 30-39: The Creation
"When your Lord said to the angels, “I am going to place a vicegerent on the earth,” the angels said, “Will You place on the earth the one who shall act wickedly in it and shed blood; whereas we sing Your praise and glorify You?” Allah said, “Surely I know what you do not know.”
And [after creating Adam] Allah taught Adam all the names. Then He presented those to the angels and said, “Tell me the names of these if you are true [in what your assumption that you are more superior than Adam].” They said, “Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. You are surely the All-Knowing, the Wise.” [Then] He said, “O Adam! Tell them the names of those [persons].” When Adam told them those names, Allah said [to the angels], “Didn't I say to you that I know the unseen things of the heavens and the earth, and I know what you manifest and what you hide.”
And [remember] when We said to the angels, “Prostrate before Adam.” All of them prostrated except Iblis, who refused and was haughty, and [thus] he became one of the unbelievers.
In Paradise:
[After creating Hawwa}, We said, “O Adam, Dwell you and your wife in the Garden and eat from it [freely] as many [things] as you wish; but do not approach this tree, otherwise you will become one of the ¨alimeen اَلظَّالِمِيْنَ .”

But the Shaytan made them slip (اَزَلَّهُما) from that [Garden by luring them to eat the fruit of the forbidden tree] and thus got them out from the state [of felicity] in which they had been.
So We said [to Adam, Hawwa, and the Shaytan that, “All of you] get down [from the Garden to the earth] some of you being the enemies of the other, and there is on the earth your abode and the necessities [of life] for a [fixed period of] time.” [Adam felt ashamed and intended to ask Allah's forgiveness.] So Adam learnt some words from his Lord, and Allah turned to him mercifully (تَابَ عَلَيْهِ). Surely He is the Most- Forgiving, the Merciful. We said, “All of you get down from the Garden. [Once you are on the earth], a guidance will certainly come to you from Me: whosoever follows My guidance, there will be no fear for them nor shall they grieve. But those who disbelieve and reject Our revelation, they are the inmates of the Fire, in it they shall abide.”
Chapter 7 (al-A'râf) verses 19-25

[Allah said,] “O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Garden and eat from wherever you wish; but do not approach this tree, otherwise you will become one of the ¨alimeen اَلظَّالِمِيْنَ”

Then the Shaytan instilled temptation into them so as to reveal to them their private parts that were hidden from them. He said, “Your Lord has only prohibited you from this tree lest you both become rulers, or lest you become immortals.” [To ensure that his temptation will work, the Shaytan] swore to them both that, “Truly, I am a sincere adviser for you.” Thus he misled them by delusion.
So when they tasted [the fruit of] the tree, their private parts became manifest to them, and both of them started to cover themselves with the leaves of the Garden. Their Lord called out to them, “Did I not prohibit both of you from this tree and say to you that the Shaytan is your open enemy?”
They said, “Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves (¨alamna ظلمنا أنفُسَنا); and if You do not forgive us and have mercy on us, we shall surely be among the losers.”
Allah said, “Get down [to the earth], some of you being the enemies of the others; and there is on the earth your abode and necessities [of life] for a time.” He said, “Therein you shall live, therein you shall die, and from it you shall be raised [again].”
The above show that Adam Peace be upon him) was created in Heavens for earth. However, Islam does not ascribe mankind's life on earth as a punishment, rather as part of God's plan. Hope this helps.
Empiree:
I dont necessarily remember but kindly quote me so i know what you talking about cuz i dont know where you going with your indirect question. Thanks
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 3:51am On Apr 09, 2015
^Yes, I take responsibility for the post. I also quoted Allah's words from His Book. My question is what is your question?
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Empiree:
^Yes, I take responsibility for the post. I also quoted Allah's words from His Book. My question is what is your question?
do people go to heaven with physical body?

Q:7117 " 'And God has produced you from the earth growing (gradually), "
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2015
malvisguy212:

Pardon me. Is your Quranic quote in reference to your question above?. If that is the case I don't know any chapter of the Quran that goes by '7117'. Quran has only has 114 chapters.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Empiree:
Pardon me. Is your Quranic quote in reference to your question above?. If that is the case I don't know any chapter of the Quran that goes by '7117'. Quran has only has 114 chapter.

empire... you can imagine one foolish idiot on my thread changing Quran verses to suit his claim..

if anyone quotes Quran for you... first check it out before you give them answer..

malvisguy... be checking your facts before posting
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
malvisguy212:

Surah Nooh, Verse 17-18
And Allah hath caused you to grow as a growth from the earth, And afterward He maketh you return thereto, and He will bring you forth again, a (new) forthbringing.

There is a similar ver in the bible
Ecc 3:20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

I dont seem to get your question, can you please rephrase it?
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
^"Holy Spirit" woke him up very early to ask that question while he was still yawning cheesy stretching cheesy and still got some moles in the eyes grin grin grin grin

When he returns he will be like 'damn it...did i type this!'

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Empiree:
^"Holy Spirit" woke him up very early to ask that question while he was still yawning cheesy stretching cheesy and still got some moles in the eyes grin grin grin grin

When he returns he will be like 'damn it...did i type this'!

grin grin grin He will do is usual thing by copying and pasting off point post.

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Surah Nooh, Verse 17-18
And Allah hath caused you to grow as a growth from the earth, And afterward He maketh you return thereto, and He will bring you forth again, a (new) forthbringing.

There is a similar ver in the bible
Ecc 3:20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

I dont seem to get your question, can you please rephrase it?
the book of Ecclesiastics was talking abou different thing,"All come from the dust and to dust shall we all return" meaning we all are created from the dust and when we DIE to dust shall we all return

The quranic verse you quote say "And Allah hath CAUSED you to grow as a
GROWTH from the EARTH"
The words" caused"and"earth" indicate man was created(caused) on earth and growth here on earth. So this does not answer my question, empiree say man was created in heaven, so I ask him "do people go to heaven with physical
body?"
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Empiree:
Pardon me. Is your Quranic quote in reference to your question above?. If that is the case I don't know any chapter of the Quran that goes by '7117'. Quran has only has 114 chapters.
the error was from me, rilwayn has corrected it.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
malvisguy212:
the book of Ecclesiastics was talking abou different thing,

Whats is different in the verse and the Quran verse

"All come from the dust and to dust shall we all return" meaning we all are created from the dust and when we DIE to dust shall we all return

Don't you think this automatically destroy the notion of rapture which claim that Jesus will fly to heaven with christians?

Secondly, does this verse mean that adam was'never in heaven? does it mean that the moment we return to dust no more going to heaven?

The quranic verse you quote say "And Allah hath CAUSED you to grow as a GROWTH from the EARTH"

Note the underlined, the earth meant here is not the planet itself if not the substance, for this was further buttressed in:

Surah 38: 71-72 "Truly, I am going to create man from clay. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me. Then you fall down prostrate to him.
So are you still thinking that surah 71 meant the planet earth and not clay/sand? Then lets check the meaning of earth.

earth /ərTH/

noun
1. the planet on which we live; the world.

2. the substance of the land surface; soil.

3. the underground lair or habitation of a badger or fox.

4. British term for ground 1 (sense 7 of the noun).

The words" caused"and"earth" indicate man was created(caused) on earth and growth here on earth.

Nahhhh, Adam wasn't created on planet earth, but he was created with earth i.e. clay/sand. It was after the father of all deceiver, Mr. Satan a.k.a devil deceived him to disobey his lord, that was when he was casted down to earth

Quran 20:123 “Get you down (upon the earth), all of you together, from Paradise, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then, if there comes to you guidance from Me, whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.”

I hope you can see the red part.

So this does not answer my question,

It does

empiree say man was created in heaven,

Indeed

so I ask him "do people go to heaven with physical body?"

Your soul goes to heaven when you are dead, your body will be buried, but on the judgement day, that body will be raised and the soul will return to them.

Now lemme direct the question back to you, do people go to heaven with physical body According to the bible?

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 12:02am On Apr 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Whats is different in the verse and the Quran verse

Don't you think this automatically destroy the notion of rapture which claim that Jesus will fly to heaven with christians?

Secondly, does this verse mean that adam was'never in heaven? does it mean that the moment we return to dust no more going to heaven?

Note the underlined, the earth meant here is not the planet itself if not the substance, for this was further buttressed in:

Surah 38: 71-72 "Truly, I am going to create man from clay. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me. Then you fall down prostrate to him.
So are you still thinking that surah 71 meant the planet earth and not clay/sand? Then lets check the meaning of earth.

earth /ərTH/

noun
1. the planet on which we live; the world.

2. the substance of the land surface; soil.

3. the underground lair or habitation of a badger or fox.

4. British term for ground 1 (sense 7 of the noun).

Nahhhh, Adam wasn't created on planet earth, but he was created with earth i.e. clay/sand. It was after the father of all deceiver, Mr. Satan a.k.a devil deceived him to disobey his lord, that was when he was casted down to earth

Quran 20:123 “Get you down (upon the earth), all of you together, from Paradise, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then, if there comes to you guidance from Me, whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.”

I hope you can see the red part.

It does

Indeed

Your soul goes to heaven when you are dead, your body will be buried, but on the judgement day, that body will be raised and the soul will return to them.

Now lemme direct the question back to you, do people go to heaven with physical body According to the bible?
1.man was created with dust, if you or me die, your soul goes to heaven and your flesh decomposed to the ground,it return where it was created, understand? That what ecclesiastic is indicating.
2.the context of rapture was talking about the judgment day, "end of days" and death means the end of someone life.
3. adam was created with earth? Did you mistakenly type this? Archaeological evidenced say the universe is 14billion year old but man start living on earth 6000 years, further more the universe was created together with "caused" doesent this indicate adam exist before the beginning of time making him a deity? (I accepts, you mistakenly type this)
4. Empiree say man was created in heaven and you agree with him. You said this word;
"Your soul goes to heaven when you are
dead, your body will be buried, but on
the judgement day, that body will be
raised and the soul will return to them".

If this statement is in the quran then it another scientific blunder,so the body will not decomposed, it will wait for the judgement day to come?

“And the LORD God formed man of the
dust of the ground, and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living soul” Genesis 2:7

God used the dust and formed body (human) and breath his spirit on him.when you die, the reverse is the case, your body return to the dust and the the breath (soul) return to God.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 6:46am On Apr 10, 2015
I don't know how this guy reason at all, its like you just come online and type rubbish without thinking at all.

malvisguy212:
1.man was created with dust, if you or me die, your soul goes to heaven and your flesh decomposed to the ground,it return where it was created, understand? That what ecclesiastic is indicating.

So what is the difference between it and the verse I provided? What is the difference between what I explained up there? Are you making use of you IQ at all?

2.the context of rapture was talking about the judgment day, "end of days" and death means the end of someone life.

Can you lay more emphasy on the rapture thing with some scripture citation? isn't jesus going to fly into heaven with christians?

3. adam was created with earth?

Yes, I have explained this up there. Now kindly tell us what Adam was created with according to the bible.

Did you mistakenly type this?

Nope, perhaps you are high on orijin while typing this reply.

Archaeological evidenced say the universe is 14billion year old

Malvisguy, please do you believe in this evidence? does the bible support that the universe is 14billion old?

but man start living on earth 6000 years,
So what has been living on earth before man started living on earth? Do you believe dinosaurs lived millions of years ago? are you gradually turning an atheist?

further more the universe was created together with "caused" doesent this indicate adam exist before the beginning of time making him a deity?

What are you saying here please? are you blind to see in the verse where God said he caused Adam to be ?

(I accepts, you mistakenly type this)
It obvious, you are high on orijin...smh

4. Empiree say man was created in heaven and you agree with him. You said this word; "Your soul goes to heaven when you are dead, your body will be buried, but on the judgement day, that body will be raised and the soul will return to them".

Your problem is, you always find it hard to comprehend simple things, and when it is made know to you, you resort to nonsensical rantings .

If this statement is in the quran then it another scientific blunder,so the body will not decomposed, it will wait for the judgement day to come?

I'm not saying that the body will not decompose, don't get me wrong, but Allah has the power to raised them back to life on the day of judgement, I believe yahwehs power is limited thats why you find it hard to comprehend. Now you keep shouting scientific blunder when actually you could'nt refute the load of scientific blunder in the bible I posted to you the other day..smh

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” Genesis 2:7 God used the dust and formed body (human) and breath his spirit on him.when you die, the reverse is the case, your body return to the dust and the the breath (soul) return to God.

Why was graveyard opened in mattew? why are dead saints awaken? atleast since it is their soul the part to go to hheaven, no need for them to come out of the grave don't you think? why did jesus rise with his body since God only deal with soul? do you believe man will be raised from dead on judgement day?

Now lets check the verse in daniel;

Dan. 12:1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people --everyone whose name is found written in the book --will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt . 3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Story Of A Tested Man! / 10 Ways To Prepare For Ramadan / Being A Better Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.