Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,580 members, 7,840,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' (1652 Views)

Please Help Me ! My Wife Snores Like A Burst Pipe, What Should I Do? / Why Do Ladies Like Mad Sex / She Snores Like A Broken Silencer: ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by lbotus(f): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2008
hello nairalanders, yesderday a girl-friend of mine complained about her spouse continuos,irritating snoring habit which has just taken another dimension from 'bad to worse' and it is affecting her relationship.

According to a recent study, nearly 1 out of 4 people married to a snorer will eventually be driven out of the bedroom rather than spend another night battling for sleep. Sometimes even that's not enough. "I see a lot of patients whose spouses can't just go to another room. They have to escape to a whole other area of the house," says Dr. Marc Kayem, medical director of the Snoring and Apnea Center of California, in Los Angeles.

pls i need nairalanders to present some help tips.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Nautillus(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2008
You already have some stats . . . .what do you want from us again ? ? ? ?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by arramyjay: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2008
I think her spouse should see a doctor.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by yme1(f): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2009
snoring is bad o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by biina: 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2009
Use ear plugs.

Its estimated that about 30% of people snore. It is silly to breakup a relationship on the basis of snoring.

Common causes of snoring include
    * Throat weakness, causing the throat to close during sleep
    * Mispositioned jaw, often caused by tension in the muscles
    * Fat gathering in and around the throat
    * Obstruction in the nasal passageway
In most cases snoring can be cured or reduced.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Gabry(f): 1:36am On Mar 04, 2009
my bf snores really loudly but everytime he does I would laugh over it cause it looks and sounds really cute.  grin  kiss Than it makes me happy when I go to bed. so poster, tell your friend to embrace and live with it.  grin
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by DaPhoenix(f): 2:30am On Mar 04, 2009
Cover his face with a pillow.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by oluwafemi113(m): 4:31am On Mar 04, 2009
;d
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by pureminded: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2009
Im a guy and i no ffink say girls dey snore, abi dey do? undecided
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by lancevader(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2009
:o grin[b][s][/s][/b]
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2009
Tell him/her baby,i never knew u are a good singer when u sleep.Join him/her too n snore in collabo.Hehe
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Cover his face with a pillow.

That would get you 25 to life!! grin grin grin

@ Topic

when I got tired of kicking him I left him and went to the living room cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Omolola1(f): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2009
very funny
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Udode(f): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ever heard of nose sprays, it really works, a friend of mine was snoring so loud even in the room next door you cant sleep, now he uses the spray, sleep is possible again!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by patwhizkid(f): 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2009
I will kill him
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2009
i will divorce him instantly without wasting time.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by arramyjay: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2009
Hit him on the head.lol cheesy cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by CrazyMan(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2009
Snoring is natural. But if your partner snores, don't look at him/her like some kind of alien. Just get up, take your pillow and go to the guest room where you can enjoy your sleep.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by jamace(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2009
Just keep vigil and continue to elbow his rib side or slap his/her bom bom to keep him/her alert. grin grin Na heavy task o. E no easy, wallahi. grin
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Godmother(f): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
camelot:

i will divorce him instantly without wasting time.

Divorce him keh? That will not solve the issue at all oh. Ill adve you to pray.There's nothing prayer cannot do.lol
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by jaleyne: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2009
for me

after a few nights of sleeping next to the person, you get used to it tongue

then when they arent there you miss the snoring like crazy, you cant even sleep without it tongue
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by sistawoman: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
Take your spouse to see an ear, nose and throat doctor.

Stay away from the over the counter nose sprays they just make the situation worse.

Have a sleep study done.

Have surgery done if needed to remove the atnoids (sp).

It is very imporant to get this sorted out with a doctor, snores never get a full nights rest and they are likly to have sleep apnia(sp).
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Czarskit(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2009
Chop off her head & cry in d morning. . . tongue
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by dae(f): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
*HISSSSS* easy!! just put a couple of STINKY stockings(socks) in whoever's mouth and give him/her 10 mins,
Then report back here so we know if it worked or not.  grin
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by pureminded: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2009
patwhizkid:

I will kill him
shocked Torikini? kiloletobe ? grin

Czarskit:

Chop off her head & cry in d morning. . . tongue
shocked

arramyjay:

Hit him on the head.lol cheesy cheesy
shocked sad
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by jaleyne: 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2009
@sisterwoman

oh wow thanks, i am now reading up on it, i had no idea it was a health risk before undecided
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by martho(m): 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2009
Godmother:

Divorce him keh? That will not solve the issue at all oh. Ill adve you to pray.There's nothing prayer cannot do.lol
leave prayer out of this,abi na devil handiwork again. kiss
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Hollysmile: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2009
I'll build a bed for her in de bathroom/toilet. If she spend 1week there, na her body go tell am make she stop dey snore!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by PERVERT9: 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2009
me too would snore like crazy
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse 'snores Like Mad' by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 09, 2009
@topic is so interested grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Monogamy A Myth ? / "not Interested" Lines Please: / Why Do NL Guys And Girls Get Angry The Sec Virginity Is Mentioned In Any Thread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.