Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers (650 Views)

Foot Soldiers Like Amaechi And Lai Mohammed Help Dismantled Pdp And Not Saints. / My Encounter With Boko Haram Foot Soldiers – Barr Aisha / How PDP/APC Rig Elections: Ekiti Rigging Meeting Leaked Audio - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by esere826: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2014
Introduction

I want to set the stage for a thread that I hope to write
exploring APC vs PDP ideolgy and the band of unpaid e-warriors
by introducing the change management concept.

You'll find this cocept useful in your management life,
and understanding happenings around you (including the doctors strike
Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by esere826: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2014
stages of grief

In change management, there is a model we call the 4 (or 5) stages of grief.
It goes like this:

1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

In summary, the model suggests that when there is a sudden change,
people first resist, then if they realise that they are helpless in stopping the change,
they try to make the best of the situation

The stages don't always come in that order.
And in some complicated scenario, you might find different stages running in parrallel

I'll give an example of this stages using Nigeria and Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by esere826: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2014
Resistance to change

At first when Boko Haram started with their bombings and suicide bombing
the Nigerian government and people were in denial
"we love our lives so much" we said.
"we cant kill ourselves"

as the bombing went on, we got upset
"it must be those northerners that don't want a southerner to rule"
"it is the PDP"
"it is the APC"
"it is an islamic agenda"
"it is because GEJ is weak"

All of this anger whipped up sentiments and helped
in aligning us with the different political parties

1 Like

Acceptance of change

As the bombings went on,
we began to consider how we could bargain with the Haramites
and like GEJ said,
We re now living with the knowledge that terrorism
is now part of our national ife

You can do a further search on the concept in google
Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by esere826: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2014
Semi conclusion

The beauty of the change management model is that it helps us
in understanding where people are emotianlly positioned

when you understand this,
you are better placed in dealing with them appropriately
or exploiting them if you wish

I'll now try to create another thread
to give us a fresh perspective on APC vs PDP
drawing on the change management concept

1 Like

Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by Eragablessen(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2014
Hmm..
It's the burden of Yar'adua that GEJ bears..
BH has been there even before his death.
I guess I need emphasis on how GEJ is weak.
Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by Orunto: 11:06am On Aug 19, 2014
GOOD AND I AM WAITING TO SPEND SOME USEFUL TIME ON IT! WHO KNOWS, YOU MAY BE MY GOODLUCK AND NOT B/HARI!
Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by eunisam: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2014
let see how is goes.
Re: Change Management, PDP, APC, Terrorism And NL Political Foot Soldiers by esere826: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2014

(1) (Reply)

I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu / PHOTO: Meet The Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / FG Lifts Ban On Doctors Residency Training Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.