Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,071 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin (43391 Views)

10 Funny Answers To Common Nigerian silly Questions / Some Common Abbreviation / Nigerian Dogs(origin Of The Word Nkita?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by baby124: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
proevan:
Which of the kola-nuts, ogbono is borrowed and the eba too. You hardly go for a yoruba festivity and they serve you eba and ogbono.
You know the kola-nut is sacred to the binis, because it miraculously saved one of our Obas. So everything na yoruba, even when una nor sabi speak the pigin sef ! Na wa ooo

Abata specie is indigenous to Yoruba land, which is the one mainly used for sale. Do your research. Where do you think your Obas get their Kola
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by tonychristopher: 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
kekakuz: [size=16pt]
origin of pidgin in Nigeria can be traced to when the Igbos migrated from their land due to erosion dirt and poverty to lagos
they needed to communicate and do business but they lacked education so they just mumble the little English they can hear e.g
give me food make I chop
a beg make una give me house because poverty dey for our place
your money or your life.
I go shoot you if you no give me your car key
tuface don release new album make we pirate am
etc
that is the origin of pidgin in Nigeria
[/size]

i pity your mum and your kinsmen for having an idi.ot like you...maybe your deranged dad was drunk

5 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: who are you again? I'm not even igbo, I only had to correct some anomalies. I know igbos and other tribes and even nationalities are everywhere in Nigeria. So. What is your stress with me? I know a lot about Nigeria and its history/peoples. Don't quote me, I have no interest in arguing with you.
who am I? don't you think that's a dumb question bearing in mind I have a nairaland I.d, and you have eyes to quote my post yet not see my moniker.
And to say you r correcting anomalies is the greatest example of an irony because in actual fact YOU ARE THE ONE PEDDLING LIES. how dare you say you doubt EBA, fufu, e.t.c being Yoruba? you are not even sure yet you come here spewing trash.
And as for being/ not being IBO, I don't care, just be sure of your tots before stating them as facts on a public forum like this where people are learning.
N.B I will quote you as many times as is necessary to correct your FALSEHOOD.cheers and happy reading
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
why are u so obsessed about lagos? he never mentioned 'lagos' in his post you know. And just so you know lag is not the only former capital of naija. Oh, u tink ibos are only in lag, come inside ijoko, Lisa, aboekuta, and all d nooks of YORUBALAND and see umu IBO hussli g and belonging. don't get me wrong, I like umu IBO, but to lay claim to words like fufu,garri,egusi e.t.c I find very amusing.
you obviously didn't read my previous comments, but had the time to jump into hasty conclusions. Garri is a general term all west Africans call cassava flour/flakes. I don't think its exclusively yoruba or igbo. Fuf is not igbo, I'm my mum's part of igbo land, it's called loi loi! Or utara. The udi people of Enugu state call it mgbadoga or akpu. Igbos have many uses for cassava, so it grows indigenously. Your Egusi is egwusi or egwushi to the igbos. Igbos and other tribes aren't dragging anything with your people. Mind yourself please.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
who am I? don't you think that's a dumb question bearing in mind I have a nairaland I.d, and you have eyes to quote my post yet not see my moniker.
And to say you r correcting anomalies is the greatest example of an irony because in actual fact YOU ARE THE ONE PEDDLING LIES. how dare you say you doubt EBA, fufu, e.t.c being Yoruba? you are not even sure yet you come here spewing trash.
And as for being/ not being IBO, I don't care, just be sure of your tots before stating them as facts on a public forum like this where people are learning.
N.B I will quote you as many times as is necessary to correct your FALSEHOOD.cheers and happy reading
if you are reasonable, you will go back and read all my comments, before being silly and antagonistic. I never said ur eBa and fufu was for us, we re proud to have other names for stuff. Na eBa wan cause e-fight? You amaze me! When u re done ranting, sober down with isi-ewu and odekwu! Now those are igbo names. They re igbo's, not ibos. Cheers. I identify with igbos, because my I ve their blood in me.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by tonychristopher: 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
I WONT WANT TO START COMPETING WORD AND ORIGIN AND DO KNOW THAT THERE ARE WORDS THAT IS PURE IGBO

IBA IN MY PLACE IS MALARIA
AKOM IS HIGH FEVER
EGWUSI IS MELON
OKWORO IS OKRO (ANGLISIZED)
OKWUTE IS STONE
NKITA IS DOG
UMU IS CHILDREN

THEN THERE ARE SOME WORD THAT IGBO BORROWED FROM YOURUBA BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN IGBO CULTURE AND IGBOS ARE NOT USED TO THAT ACTS

WORDS LIKE

AGBORO FOR AGBERU(YORUBA) TOUT
AHAWO FOR ASHEWO FOR PROSTITUTE(YORUBA)
ICHAFU FOR LA CHIFON (FRENCH) FOR LIGHT MATERIA FOR HEAD TIE

MY DEAR IGBOS ARE NOT COMPETING WITH YORUBAS COS THEY ARE AHEAD OF THEM, THAT WAS WHAT AWO SAW AND HE DID MASSIVE EDUCATION FOR BACKWARD YORUBA AND THAT EDUCATION WAS QUANTITATIVE NOT QUALITATIVE

Sowl: As much as i wouldnt like 2sound like a tribalist,but i am actually dissapointed @ d fact that most of our ibo brodaz want almost every chance 2compete with d yoruba race and it amuses me a whole lot, in summary it shows the ibo's cant bare 2see d yoruba race be ahead of them in wateva way,i doubt we yorubas think d same way coz if we did,we wldnt have lagos 2b d most accomodatin state in d whole of 9ja that houses almost if not all of the tribes in 9ja..... Nw i wld like 2make some clarifications about this pidgin words and there origins below.....
Iba(malaria fever) :Is clearly and undisputably a yoruba and not an ibo word
Eba : is undisputably a yoruba coinage word,i knw if ibo's where given the chance they wld also lay claim 2manufacturin garri simply bcoz we seem 2 associate d yellow version of garri as garri ibo due to there preferrence of liking it more than we the yoruba's.
Egusi(melon seed/soup]: is simply not of ibo origin,ibos cant lay claim 2it coz dey dnt even produce it on there land,if u ibos want 2lay claim 2sumthin similar then it should b ogbolo soup n its seed.
Ororo(vegetable oil): it wld only b sacrilageous 4 any1 2term ororo as a bini word,its purely n simply yoruba,bini used 2b a colony of d great OYO empire,the OYO empire also has as part of its conquest empire the some parts of togo and benin(if am nt mistaken used 2b known as dahomey) so d similarity of d language comes as no suprise coz yoruba is used in benin,togo and even bini in nigeria here,same goes 4 every colonial master and its colony with similarity in language.
Ipekere: is a yoruba word and nt an ibo word.
Pangolo(can or tin): is also a yoruba word and not of ibo origin,before slate roofs came in2 existance,yorubas used 2call d steel roof (panu),which was a short form of pangolo.
Akara(bean cake): is undisputably a yoruba word and food,ibo's and hausa and every other tribe in dis country can attest 2dat,wnt b surprised if ibo's also want 2lay claim 2 moi-moi(bean pudding) as an ibo word .
My ibo brodaz and sistaz shld look beyond mere envy and stop wateva competition they always want 2ve between they and the yoruba race,its only logical that due 2d fact that majority of d tribes in nigeria are housed and accomodated by we the yorubas,its common sense that they would all have mastered our language and ways of life 2d extent of feeling among but that doesnt mean we would loose our heritage and ways of life and hand it on a platter of gold to them ,we know who we are and what we stand for...... Its only natural for any tribe 2 socially and culturally integrate with wateva tribe that is its host in a geographical area,and the ibo's are no exception but that doesnt mean they should lay claim to whatever seems to belong to the yorubas.

As a matter of serious conversation, shouldn't your first instinct be to answer to the substantive question about projects that Yorubas have embarked on and succeeded in Nigeria and out of the confidence that you derived from having responded properly to the inquiry at hand you can then proceed to asking any questions that you dim necessary. Your failure toaddress the question at hand before asking your question indicates that you are not a serious interlocutor like Ayo and I say that for the records.Notwithstanding your inability to rescue Ayo from his self-inflicted wound, again typical of a Yoruba man, I will not hesitate to take you to school if you chose to be babysitted for the record, although I will be repeating myself. Now in respect to your specificquestion, what Igbo built that Yoruba destroyed, in a nutshell almost every institution that the white man handed over to Nigeria after our independence Igbos built but because of your sophomoric question I will endeavor to break down what I mean for you. Nigerian railway was built and managed under Igbo minister Dr. Onyiuke and Igbos ran most of the day to day operations and the railway worked, when Yorubas took over the railway after the war they destroyed it. Igbos ran the military and brought prestige to the Nigerian military because of the caliber of Igbos that joined the military and the military worked then, look at what the military has become. You can mention any ministry before the war that worked and you will see the hands of Igbo in it.During the British/Biafran war Igbos invented one of the most deadly explosives (IEDs-Ogbunigwe)the world have ever known in the 1960s, the Igbos built armored cars, air missiles, assault rifles, gun boats, rocket launcher, rocket propelled grenades and ambulance vehicles. Igbos not only built underground refineries they also built mobile refineries as they lost territories to the federal troops. After the war Awo and his tribal cabal representing the Yoruba conspired and went on a search and destroy mission and methodically combed all the south east and blew up and destroyed all thefactories that Igbo built instead of moving the factories and the Igbo scientists to a federally controlled areaand using their ingenuity to the benefitof the whole nation. For your information ask America and Russia what they did with German engineers after world war 11. Today Nigeria is importing all these military equipments. That is destruction of what Igbos built. In 1972, Professor A. N. Njoku-Obi produced an anti-cholera vaccine recognized by the world health community, Yoruba elites who were running the Nigeria bureaucracy after the war did not want to hear of it, they undermined that project and today Nigeria is importing those drugs instead of being the manufacturer and exporter. That is destruction my friends. In 1974 two years after an Igbo invented the cholera vaccine, Professor F. A. Udekwu and his colleagues performedthe first ever open-heart surgery in Nigeria and Black Africa, did you think that Yoruba elites wanted to hear that, of course not, if I did not tell you now, would you know? Hell no! Today, forty years later Nigerians are going oversees for their heart surgery payinghard currency. That is destruction of Nigerian economy. In 1999 after Obasanjo took office, he destroyed every Igbo business that was importing Rice and Cement into Nigeria before he came into office by granting an unprecedented and probably the biggest sole monopoly ofthe importation of rice and cement to one man called Dangote who became a billionaire overnight. When Igbos where involved in the importation of these items like cement, the price of cement was around N300, now the price of cement is hovering around N1,500 a bag. Go figure that, that is destruction of not only Igbos businesses but Nigeria in general. After Dangote was grant the sole monopoly of importing cement, he complained to Obasanjo that Ibeto cement industry owned by an Igbo which was mostly a repackaging factory was creating an undue competition for his monopoly and overnight Obasanjo used an executive order to shutdown Ibeto cement factory with its 400 employees. My friend that is destruction by any standard. Savannah Bank was established by Jim Nwobodo an Igbo man, Obasanjo closed down that bank and rendered all the employees jobless because he had some disagreements with Nwobodo not because the bank went bankrupt, not because the bank was running a fraudulent scheme, not because the bank was being mismanaged but because Obasanjo like most Yorubas have this visceral hate, wickedness, jealousy and the type of indifference that says why did God create an Igbo in the first place. Again Kunle that is destruction of a unique type. Engineer Ezekiel Izuogo created the V600 car and Yoruba press, politicians, lawyers even Yoruba engineers attacked him mercilessly and frustrated his effort to build the factory in Igbo land, that is one, second when he decided to build the factory in South Africa during Obasanjo’s regime, Obasanjo and his co-haters went and stole everything, the design manual, the engine block, everything necessary for him to carry on his work thereby destroying Izuogo motors for good. Kunle do you still need more examples? Wait I told Ayo that I have more than most of you could imagine. Do you remember Niger Dock Apapa, Dr. Nnamdi Ozobia, an Igbo built it, he built yachts for individuals and ferry boats for Lagos State that plied between Apapa to Mile2. He also did repairs for foreign ships that paid Nigeria hard currency, well here we go again, when Obasanjo came into office he removed Dr. Ozobia in the most ignominious way a pattern for Obasanjo and handed over Niger Dock Apapa to Yorubas. Today Niger Dock Apapa is in ruins, a shadow of its old self. That is destruction of what Igbos built. You have Nigerian Ports Authority, NigerianAirways, you have NITEL that Yorubas burnt down after they ruined it throughembezzlement. Lest I forget what about the mother of all destruction, theindigenization decree of 1972. What the decree did was to hand over Nigerian economy to the Yorubas and they destroyed the economy. The list below is a partial list of mostly British and other foreign owned companies that Igbos were efficiently managing before the war, few of these companies were owned or partial owned by Yoruba. Some Yorubas in the past have quibbled about preciselywho owned what but not on the point of whether Yorubas ruined all the companies that they acquired by the force of the indigenization decree. My response is that the issue has never been about who owned what, the substantive issue was and is that Yorubas ruined, defrauded, liquidated and destroyed all the companies they took over after the war regardless of who owned them before the war even including their own companies that they started but could not manage. For your information that single act of indigenization decree is largely responsible for our economic state of affair.“Pharmaceutical Nigeria Plc ,May and Baker Nigeria Plc,Vitafoam Nigeria Plc,Wahum Nigeria Limited ,CAP Nigeria Plc , International Paints of West Africa [IPWA], Berger Paints Nigeria Plc, Berec Nigeria Limited, Kabelmetal, Nigeria Bottling Company Plc, Leventis Nigeria Plc ,West African Portland Cement Company,[Lafarge],Wema Bank Nigeria Plc, Scoa Nigeria Plc ,CFAO Nigeria Plc, Cadbury Nigeria Plc, Wemaboard Estates, Odua Group, Livestock Feeds Nigeria Plc , Nigerian Breweries Plc, new nigerian Bank, Batta, Kingsway Stores, Crittal Hope (Nigeria) Limited, Mushin, Lagos State.Dunlop (Nig.) Industries Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State. •Galvanising Industries Limited, Ikeja, Lagos State. •Nigeria Construction & Water Resources Development Company Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •Nigerian Wire & Cable Plc, Ibadan, Oyo State •Nigerite PLC, Ikeja, Lagos State •Nipol Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •Odu'a Textile Industries Limited, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State •Soleh Boneh Overseas (Nigeria) Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •Vono Products Plc, Mushin, Lagos State •Wema Bank Plc,

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: you obviously didn't read my previous comments, but had the time to jump into hasty conclusions. Garri is a general term all west Africans call cassava flour/flakes. I don't think its exclusively yoruba or igbo. Fuf is not igbo, I'm my mum's part of igbo land, it's called loi loi! Or utara. The udi people of Enugu state call it mgbadoga or akpu. Igbos have many uses for cassava, so it grows indigenously. Your Egusi is egwusi or egwushi to the igbos. Igbos and other tribes aren't dragging anything with your people. Mind yourself please.
point of correction, I read all posts before commenting on them, if you indeed did same then u will agree with me that either you or one of the unintelligent ibos(note; dia r unintelligent Yoruba too) quoted fufu as being IBO.Now, u r quoting GARRI, and have forgotten EBA, lol..I told you you are not that bad as a student, now you have learnt two lessons: EBA and fufu are strictly Yoruba.and please spare me the unnecessary info abt mum's village, point is u r coming up to speed my dear.
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: if you are reasonable, you will go back and read all my comments, before being silly and antagonistic. I never said ur eBa and fufu was for us, we re proud to have other names for stuff. Na eBa wan cause e-fight? You amaze me! When u re done ranting, sober down with isi-ewu and odekwu! Now those are igbo names. They re igbo's, not ibos. Cheers. I identify with igbos, because my I ve their blood in me.
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by baby124: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Fufu is Yoruba, Akpu is Igbo and even the two swallows are different as per smell and texture imo. I actually prefer Akpu cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: if you are reasonable, you will go back and read all my comments, before being silly and antagonistic. I never said ur eBa and fufu was for us, we re proud to have other names for stuff. Na eBa wan cause e-fight? You amaze me! When u re done ranting, sober down with isi-ewu and odekwu! Now those are igbo names. They re igbo's, not ibos. Cheers. I identify with igbos, because my I ve their blood in me.
you are such a disgrace to the ibos, d same u who denied being ibo now identifying with them because 'they have dia blood in you'.wat a shame
d true umu IBO I know don't deny their nationality. they are proudly IBO, you my friend are not one.
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
point of correction, I read all posts before commenting on them, if you indeed did same then u will agree with me that either you or one of the unintelligent ibos(note; dia r unintelligent Yoruba too) quoted fufu as being IBO.Now, u r quoting GARRI, and have forgotten EBA, lol..I told you you are not that bad as a student, now you have learnt two lesson is EBA and fufu are strictly Yoruba.and please spare me the unnecessary info abt mum's village, point is u r coming up to speed my dear.
you see why I called you an antagonist? You read all the posts, yet you couldn't see where I wrote "eBa and fufu are not igbo". You just judged me alongside others. You didn't read all the posts Jare! Stop lying! I don't argue lamely, I have facts as proof or I keep still. I have every right to tell the world where I am from or where my mum is from, so shush! Go back to school, or rather the school of life, get some enlightenment. Stop your biasness, the world has gone beyond that stage! Pele o!

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
baby124: Fufu is Yoruba, Akpu is Igbo and even the two swallows are different as per smell and texture imo. I actually prefer Akpu cheesy.
yeah! me too
just ate a big wrap of mama Solomon's apku now now.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
Oba | Define Oba at Dictionary.com - Reference.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/oba
Oba definition, a hereditary tribal ruler among various peoples in the Benin region of western Africa.

Origin : Edo

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
you are such a disgrace to the ibos, d same u who denied being ibo now identifying with them because 'they have dia blood in you'.wat a shame
d true umu IBO I know don't deny their nationality. they are proudly IBO, you my friend are not one.
taaaaaah! Mechie onu gi ugbua! What do you know. About shame or disgrace and who made you a judge over me? Idi imi ka nsi! I'm partly igbo, that is my motherland, not fatherland. Stop being unreasonabl. Perhaps its Igbo, not ibo. I doubt if you ll understand the igbo I wrote. Busy body!

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by baby124: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
proevan:

Oba definition, a hereditary tribal ruler among various peoples in the Benin region of western Africa.

Prior to interaction with Yoruba's why were Benin Kings called Ogiso instead of Oba While Yoruba kings have always been called Oba. grin grin grin
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: who are you again? <b>I'm not even igbo,</b> I only had to correct some anomalies. I know igbos and other tribes and even nationalities are everywhere in Nigeria. So. What is your stress with me? I know a lot about Nigeria and its history/peoples. Don't quote me, I have no interest in arguing with you.
All liars shall perish in hell. REPENT
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
baby124:

Prior to interaction with Yoruba's why were Benin Kings called Ogiso instead of Oba While Yoruba kings have always been called Oba. grin grin grin

They were not kings but like judges ; the ogisos kiss
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Tonylyte(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
dellaziz:
Lol... zmapp lounloun... I dey like holy ghost fire jus b say I dey Anoda realm

how far nau
O boy nothing mega, na here me just dey do my thing soffery soffery, hw mata, your wife?
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: you see why I called you an antagonist? You read all the posts, yet you couldn't see where I wrote "eBa and fufu are not igbo". You just judged me alongside others. You didn't read all the posts Jare! Stop lying! I don't argue lamely, I have facts as proof or I keep still. I have every right to tell the world where I am from or where my mum is from, so shush! Go back to school, or rather the school of life, get some enlightenment. Stop your biasness, the world has gone beyond that stage! Pele o!
you are such a disgrace, u went ahead to delete all implicating posts of yours and now you are telling lies
May Chineke have mercy on you.
I judged alongside others, who are the others? ain't they ur partners in CRIME.
well, I have achieved my goal: educating you and your ilk about some salient facts. you are a TERRIBLE liar. God helped you I am not on my system, I would have cropped out your posts for all to see. and again I ask: why do you ibos result to insults when confronted with superior arguments? LOL
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by baby124: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
proevan:
They were not kings but like judges ; the ogisos kiss

The Ogiso Period

Ogiso ("Rulers of the Sky"wink, who may have numbered as many as thirty-one kings, ruling the kingdom of Benin between 900 - 1170 AD, which is the earliest period so far accounted for in Benin history (Plankensteine 2007).
http://wysinger.homestead.com/ogiso.html

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
proevan:

You my friend, are so SIMPLE in reasoning. you allow yourself to be deceived by a dictionary written by probably someone who knows nothing about YORUBA/Benin history. Shame on you.
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: taaaaaah! Mechie onu gi ugbua! What do you know. About shame or disgrace and who made you a judge over me? Idi imi ka nsi! I'm partly igbo, that is my motherland, not fatherland. Stop being unreasonabl. Perhaps its Igbo, not ibo. I doubt if you ll understand the igbo I wrote. Busy body!
GIBBERISH!
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: taaaaaah! Mechie onu gi ugbua! What do you know. About shame or disgrace and who made you a judge over me? Idi imi ka nsi! I'm partly igbo, that is my motherland, not fatherland. Stop being unreasonabl. Perhaps its Igbo, not ibo. I doubt if you ll understand the igbo I wrote. Busy body!
GIBBERISH!coming from someone with an inferiority complex. u denied being IBO earlier remember. or you want to go delete the post again?lol.CHAI!..CHAI!CHAI!
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
baby124:

I don't accept this ; I have my facts from benin history written by a curator of the benin musuem
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
baby124: Fufu is Yoruba, Akpu is Igbo and even the two swallows are different as per smell and texture imo. I actually prefer Akpu cheesy.
ride on baby! I like the smell of akpu and Akwa-ibom iwa! The ishan ppl of edo state have lovely fufu too. I prefer Yoruba lafun to fufu.
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
GIBBERISH!coming from someone with an inferiority complex. u denied being IBO earlier remember. or you want to go delete the post again?lol.CHAI!..CHAI!CHAI!
I'm not stupid like your sour and cold self. Fnck off PR!ck.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
you are such a disgrace, u went ahead to delete all implicating posts of yours and now you are telling lies
well, I have achieved my goal: educating you and your ilk about some salient facts. you are a TERRIBLE liar. God helped you I am not on my system, I would have cropped out your posts for all to see. and again I ask: why do you ibos result to insults when confronted with superior arguments? LOL
I ve never seen a bitter fool like you. I'm glad that I know, have met and am related to good yoruba ppl. If u were the only yoruba person I ever met, I would think your entire tribe are loathsome... You re a black sheep, a really black sheep. The yorubas I know are good ppl. Fall in line with ur kind sh!tface.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: I'm not stupid like your sour and cold self. Fnck off PR!ck.
now that you have resorted to your lowest level of depravity and ignonimy, I think its time to let you be lest I be entangled in your mess.
But why do some ibos result to insults on this forum when their lies are being trounced.
in fela's voice: wonder! ...wonder(×4).....LOL
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
agbaya!
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kaysalas:
now that you have resorted to your lowest level of depravity and ignonimy, I think its time to let you be lest I be entangled in your mess.
But why do some ibos result to insults on this forum when their lies are being trounced.
in fela's voice: wonder! ...wonder(×4).....LOL
stfu popper's windbag.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: I ve never seen a bitter fool like you. I'm glad that I know, have met and am related to good yoruba ppl. If u were the only yoruba person I ever met, I would think your entire tribe are loathsome... You re a black sheep, a really black sheep. The yorubas I know are good ppl. Fall in line with ur kind sh!tface.
same old lines...LOL.
but do you know you are very daft? calling me a shitface when in reality, you have never seen a picture of me. think about it.LOL
Re: Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin by Kaysalas(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: agbaya!

my little girl. I have only told you the bitter truth.LOL
and remember what d Bible says: children, obey your elders, for this is d 1st commandment with promise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. / Car Kills Mechanic At Obalende Bridge (graphic Pic) / Lady Shows Off Her Luxurious Lifestyle To Prove It Doesn't Equate Happiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.