Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment (27839 Views)

Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by hassanfulani(m): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
Your post showed that your devoid of good reasoning. Is it that you don't know that the arms and ammunition meant for our soldiers are being sold to Boko Haram. The soldiers receives one of the poorest salary of all the federal govt agencies, yet they can't voice out.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
teekay12:

Never hire mercenaries to fight your own battle, lest you become indebted to them, and put yourself in a position of weakness. What is the motivation for the Chadian troops to fight BH? We are just inviting another invasion if we follow your advice. Boko Haram, our mess, and we should clean it up.

It will be like what troops went to do in Mali, which Nigeria also went, why won't us be helped in our time of need.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sweetgala(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
ratiken: BBC will be quick to report mutiny but will never acknowledge progress.
Ladies and Gents, the West wants our disintegration....... Kapish

Yes there are lots of improvements to be made in our poor military system, but the way the western media gloat over emerging negative news from Nigeria serves an ulterior purpose.

French Reuters is bokoharam media channel, CNN made a show of the bring back our girls campaign, the Joy at which BBC reels out these negative news. Their forces that came to help rescue the girls left without any announcement by these media. Gents, our enemies are right behind our noses

The fact they gloat at our failure does not disqualify the fact of such a failure.
Our boys are ill equipped and do not want to die for corrupt politicians and generals

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Leopantro: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
bunch of heartless and greedy soldiers. all they think about is their pocket and lifes. they swore an oath to protect typical Nigerians. Government has promised and provided all that they have demanded to fight this problem but all they are thinking about themselves. Government is doing the very best but this selfish soldiers will not do what they were employed to do. Government should sack and chase them away.

after reading that, i bet you are very angry with such a stupid comment. but please do the following before replying with insults.

replace the word " soldier" with
1. doctors
2. lecturers

thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

It will be like what troops went to do in Mali, which Nigeria also went, why won't us be helped in our time of need.

Its not always that straightforward. The issue is, in the long term, we will lose something important. Primarily, the fear factor our troops command.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Norajones(f): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH: Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers.

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiency of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, until now that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, $ind peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did. In Mal-, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors and ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that aserious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something.

,if you can't say something better,,pls just shut up,,who told u our soldiers r incompetent?,,,im sure u r nt a Nigerian,,,,or mayb u r one of d so called boko haram...its like u never c dis soldier fightin n defendin d country n oda countries in real life,,u only listen to news n watch war films,,,,too much television is wat its affectin u...

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by atlwireles: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
sweetgala:

The fact they gloat at our failure does not disqualify the fact of such a failure.
Our boys are ill equipped and do not want to die for corrupt politicians and generals

So your boys are ill equipped when compared to cameroon and chad armies? Keep blaming corrupt politicians and Generals for a problem that does not exist

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Okpuzu01(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
1United1: They are right! When the Commander-In-Chief is busy commandeering their wealth into his personal vault while preparing to extend his looting years by another 4 years using every available illegitimate process, the poor soldiers who ordinary should be equipped with extraordinary warfare as the military budget suggests are left to fight with clubs, daggers and outdated non functional tanks!

And in the course of the war they get killed, their families are settled with a paltry 500k after some years!

Vagabonds in power!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by millionboi(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dnt Trust BBC report on bokoharam issue

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by millionboi(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dnt Trust BBC report on bokoharam issues
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by synergycom19: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
When the Governor of Borno said two years ago that the BOKO HARAM islamists are better ARMED AND MOTIVATED THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY . EVERYONE said the man is not suppose to talk like that or put it bluntly. EVEN GEJ was angry during the so called presidential media chats.
Now how comes that the Government had not solve this problems all this years?What does it takes to equip the division fighting this war?how many soldiers require this equipments,?what kind of motivation do this soldiers need?who is responsible for what?
This goes to show that the Government don't care about issues that affects the masses.
This also shows that this Government is grossly irresponsible and incompetent.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
I'm afraid I'm with the soldiers on this one. Billions of naira have been released, yet:

1) no new combat aircraft to provide the necessary combat are support
2) no transport helicopters to transport troops to and from hotspots and serve as CASEVAC
3) no attack helicopters to provide the necessary CAS
4) No adequate nos of MRAPs or armoured vehicles to convey the troops safely to the front. Just soft skinned pickups that are under - armed.
5) not enough ammo for troops in the frontline.

We have a long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
teekay12:

Its not always that straightforward. The issue is, in the long term, we will lose something important. Primarily, the fear factor our troops command.

If we don't do something quickly it will be too late, the next thing you will here now is that they have captured Borno state remember this BH are doing the same thing with ISIS who have now captured 1\3 of iraq, moreover we are moving toward election most of the soldier will be withdrawn fir election duty. Before you know it they will capture the entire NE. So honestly let us swallow our pride and invite other nations that can help us. Expecially nation that don't have colonial tendencies
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Litmus: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nigeria is a nation good at exaggerating its faults, Ebola is an extant example . Most information from Nigeria isn't trustworthy so if you're a guy contemplating joining Bokoharam, and feeling encouraged by the BBC 's gleeful assessment of Nigeria soldiering , you had better think twice.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by luvprince4real(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
MadCow1: Even if we give them Nuclear Bomb... They will still complain.

How can terrorists be bullying Federal troops like small boys. grin

Meanwhile at a certain Checkpoint in Nigeria, An Army Officer just used slap to change one Nigerians occupation from Banker to Criminal. grin
Soldier na one person name? Y cant u join so dat there will be no mur complains. Pple ar putting their lives on line for u to be safe and u ar in nairaland talking rubbish with ur free mb.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by uzoexcel(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
wat is really ur point?
MadCow1: Even if we give them Nuclear Bomb... They will still complain.

How can terrorists be bullying Federal troops like small boys. grin

Meanwhile at a certain Checkpoint in Nigeria, An Army Officer just used slap to change one Nigerians occupation from Banker to Criminal. grin
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Norajones: ,if you can't say something better,,pls just shut up,,who told u our soldiers r incompetent?,,,im sure u r nt a Nigerian,,,,or mayb u r one of d so called boko haram...its like u never c dis soldier fightin n defendin d country n oda countries in real life,,u only listen to news n watch war films,,,,too much television is wat its affectin u...

Our brave soldiers are not incompetent. But he has a point: moral is actually very low NOT because of the lack of will to fight (believe me, the boys are eager to fight), but the lack of the much needed tools to execute this war. Minus air cover, the troops are outgunned by BH.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by dnawah(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dat's y i like america,the president will say"give Jack B. everything he needed and every support"and he will take it and say"do u know who i am?""hope u have seen my profile/CV?"
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by mencade5(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH: Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers.

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

my brother you have spoken the real truth. This country is filled corrupt men. All the rich men use their position to give officers port to their children and siblings.
When it comes to real war, they will all chicken out.
what is so hard in getting a good weapon for our soldiers? The ogas are busy sharing the money. This corrupt big men wants to destroy our country for us ooo.

The worst part is that those who have the real heart to fight this battle are not allow to enter the army.

Like the lists released last week for short service is pure evidence that these men are useless to always politcized our forces.

Country like israel, russian, britain, even us do not do this kind of nonsense.

Shame to nigerian army!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by MadCow1: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
luvprince4real: Soldier na one person name? Y cant u join so dat there will be no mur complains. Pple ar putting their lives on line for u to be safe and u ar in nairaland talking rubbish with ur free mb.

[b]Erm.. Me I don go school go become Engineer..

I dey do my work well.. Them don go school choose to become soldier, make dem tooo do their work well. Your post no get head or tail.. If them know say the job too hard for them, make dem resign. But rather than to dey shout say dem want make we give them nuclear bomb before dem fit fight terrorists, make dem learn how to use the guns wey dem already get.

The Nigerian Army is better equipped than Boko Haram and I stand by it. angry

What do Boko Haram have in their arsenal that the Nigerian Army would say they dont have in their Munitions depot?! angry

They also have Air superiority which Boko Haram does not have.. The Nigerian Army has countless numbers of Tanks and APCs which Boko haram does not have half as much as.. The Nigerian Army has Cannons, Mortars, functional radios, e.t.c and above all and endless re-supply and back-up.

All I have seen with Boko haram in terms of weapons are;

- AK-47s and other such clibre Assault Rifles.
- RPG's
-30Cals and 50Cal Machine Guns.

Whatelse?!

Abeg talk another matter jor.. If I wanted to be a soldier, I would have been a darn good soldier like Rambo. angry [/b]

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
What u expect when they pay militant more than soldiers

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by MadCow1: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
uzoexcel: wat is really ur point?

My point is that it is not the size of the Gun but the person using it.

Every Weapon Boko haram has, the Nigerian owns same and even bigger and better.. So whats this better equipment they are always demanding?!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Okpuzu01(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Even if some of those soldiers survive the war, they know that they will be discarded once they leave service, their future is not guarranteed that the nation they served putting down their lives on the lifeline will remember them. They are watching the kind of treatment govt is metting out to their fellow comrades and vetrans who are no longer in service. What is the government doing to appreciate their sacrifices for honouring a call to defend the territorial intergrity of their nation. This is 4yrs now that goverment have refused to implement their 53% pension arrears let alone harmonizing der pension. Every year they will continue to deceive them that their arrears is captured in that year's budget and at the end of the day, all na wash only for them to keep sharing millions of naira every yr in the name of armed forces rememberance. Who are they remembering when the ones that are alive are left uncared for. So if you were those soldiers, tell me how can you give your best only to be used and dumped afterward.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sexzskil(f): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Najeriya-the most hopeless country in the world since 1963 undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Smooyis(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
The soldiers are doing their best. They should be better equipped and motivated to do more. Lets not lose hope. All these are eyes opener which will eventually bring about d desired revolution in all facets of our national life. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Okpuzu01(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
ikp4succes: What u expect when they pay soldiers more than militant
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sarutobie(m): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2014

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers.

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-ba
ga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

And the "something" according to you is to contract chadian army? My God! You are a coward! Your likes will sell this country given a day at the helm of power
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Jakeattah(m): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2014

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Sir, you are sooo on point jare

I've been in maiduguri for years so I know how it is.

And about too many "connected" ajebos as officers is another issue that's killing the Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sarutobie(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
PointB: It's sad that some soldiers have chosem to desert their country when needed most, on flimsy excuses of inadequate weapons.

Was it not sometime ago that shecow boasted that we the weapons they use were the one stolen from the Nigerian Army. If Boko Haram use weapons stolen from Nigerian Army, how can such weapon be inferior to the ones used by the terrorists?

The terrorist use IEDs, while our troops use jet bombers, and artillery shells. How can they claim to be ill equipped? I believe some of these soldiers are cowards, and are simply looking for excuses to save their own ar/se! The earlier they are fished out, punished, and dismissed the better for other soldier.

Fear spreads just like disease; those infected must be quarantined!
I dont seem to get it too....
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ayusco85(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
olaeffect:

Sebi we ask for $1bn una no gree. Watin una want make we do? (speaking on behalf of Uncle Abati)

Na joke I dey joke ooo grin grin grin

The whole thing about this boko issue is just an expensive joke by our leaders. Its so sad sad sad sad

No even mention that $1billion dollars. The almost 1trillion naira budget for security nko? Where dat one enter?

***Nigerian leaders toying with the lives of its citizens since 1900*****

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by eunisam: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
The Nigerian millitary need an atomic bomb to fight boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Vock(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
I'm sure this is APC's handiwork

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Last US Military Plane Out Of Afghanistan Ends America's longest war / Adeyinka Grandson Speaks On Deportation Plan By British Government / Pope: Catholics Slam Lalong, Demand Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.