Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment (27838 Views)

Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by DaBullIT(m): 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Would you pay someone else to sleep with your wife when you have a dick ? I guess not , meaning there's no need to pay other countries or mercenaries to end this

Granted , like every other organization in charge of welfare military's entitlements ,are being embezzled , misused or it just disappears

Those who stole pension funds belonging to retirees still walk free in our dearly beloved country , however you do not see civil servants not going to work

In this country boko haram boldly enters military barracks , attacks them and steals average of 20 tons armored tank and just drive into the sunset ?

As silly as I may appear to cyber geniuses , this is not supposed to happen if bokoharam steals a tank , you blast the stolen tank to smitherings along with the occupants amd other people using the stolen tank as cover (with other tanks on base or is it only one tank in the barracks ?)

US DOD will rather blow up a jet filled with 3000 passengers if its hijacked rather than let that jet be used against citizens on ground / rather than let it fall into enemy's hands

Finally , Nigerian Army's problem is not paying entitlements to fallen soldiers and families , it is that most of the soldiers are loyal to their brothers in tribe and religion

If report confirms that most boko haram weapon are the ones stolen from base , then how can boko haram be better equipped ?

NAF ,NAM ,NN , all put together can coordinate aerial and land strikes

Sniper team , armored tanks , armored personnel vehicles with 50cal armor piecing rounds , bomber teams , grenade launcher teams , land mines to surround previously surveyed and marked areas and boxing these scumbags in and this will be over in less than a week

But no , as long as some brothers dash their brothers Nigerian army's weapons , and the others are complaining about national cake , let's all sit back and pretend nothing is happening , eediots and aaarseholes

What's on the mountain is not fire , its nuclear bomb and its counting down . Let's see who survives when they are done infiltrating the Yoruba , Igbo and other non Hausa territories
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by RebelLeader15(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
MadCow1: Even if we give them Nuclear Bomb... They will still complain.

How can terrorists be bullying Federal troops like small boys. grin

Meanwhile at a certain Checkpoint in Nigeria, An Army Officer just used slap to change one Nigerian's occupation from Banker to Criminal. grin
always behaving like a madCOW ever since you sign up on NL
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tuoyoojo(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
I have said it bf, the police and military shud go on strike o! If don't , they wud keep killing them like flies. The govt only responses to strike
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by MadCow1: 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
RebelLeader15: always behaving like a madCOW ever since you sign up on NL

You sound surprised.. undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by lastmessenger: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
PointB: It's sad that some soldiers have chosem to desert their country when needed most, on flimsy excuses of inadequate weapons.

Was it not sometime ago that Shecow boasted that the weapons they use were the ones stolen from the Nigerian Army. If Boko Haram use weapons stolen from Nigerian Army, how can such weapons be inferior to the ones used by the terrorists?

The terrorist use IEDs, while our troops use jet bombers, and artillery shells. How can they claim to be ill-equipped? I believe some of these soldiers are cowards, and are simply looking for excuses to save their own ar/se! The earlier they are fished out, punished, and dismissed the better for other soldier.
You only Sabi to talk

Fear spreads just like disease; those infected must be quarantined!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Akinsnaira: 12:22am On Aug 20, 2014
It is very obvious that APC will defeat PDP by landslide in the NE and other parts of North, that is why gej isn't interested in their peace, so as to disenfranchize as many people as possible in the election. Gej is like a snake, he uses silence game to cajole most Nigerians and portray himself as a gentleman, now a lot of hired supporters, his cohorts and tribal bigots have been clamouring for his re-run but he still keeps mute as if he isn't interested, just like the case in 2009 when mr gentleman's constitutional right was being delayed for him to take up the mantle of power after the demise of his predecessor, and he perfectly played his game of gentlemanliness on the gullibility of poor masses who later trooped out to give him their supports before unprecedented senario (doctrine of necessity) was adopted to see to his ascension into office.

We need a plain and straightforward leader with a clear idea of where people are heading to under his stewardship, not a cunning sychophant like this man. This was the Nigerian Military that brought an end to the more elusive militancy in the niger-delta within 2 years of Yaradua's regime. Yes, gej's praise-singers would say it was more as a result of willingness of those restive youth to negotiate and embrace peace, but it is clear that if clannishness and partisanship were this prevalent during that administration, that would have become mission impossible.

I would say revolution is the best solution in this country, but having a real steel and charismatic leader can also motivate people and bring back the lost morale
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 1:09am On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

How can you confirm that there have been no new equipments for the military? Are you in the north-east?

Yes, the Airforce has received new MI-35 helicopters, there is absolutely no question about this.

Nigerian troops are not poorly equipped in any area to deal with this insurgency, in any area. The advocacy should be additional rounds of Ammo for each soldier. Soldiers should have at least 8 mags per man.

Any talk about poorly equipped troops, is a baseless lie.

Bros, leave all that talk. We both know that equipment procurement is an issue. Yes, the military bought 6 new Mi-35Ms, but are those enough? Where are the much needed transport helos like the Mi-17s for the QRFs? Do you want to deny that fact that the soft skinned vehicles and even armoured vehicles like the Otokar Cobra are not underarmed with just Fcking GPMGs while BH hilux trucks have 50cal HMGS mounted on theirs? And back to the armoured vehicles; how many MRAPS do we have In the field? I dare say that the NPF own way more of these vehicles than the army. And what do the army have? A splatter of Bigfoot MRAPS, Otokar Cobra bought during the Niger Delta insurgency, and a bought of old vehicles. I don't even want to talk about combat air support 'cos the air force's performance has been less than satisfactory. Till date, the military (NAF in particular) still can't support and relieve military units stationed in remote areas in the North east or in some cases even special forces teams operating behind enemy lines. No, these teams have to fight with limited ammo till they run out. So how do you expect them to protect all these border hamlets/villages.

Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no qualms with the training of our military, and our brave men and women of the armed forces are itching for a good fight and payback. After all, same military successfully brought the raging insurgency in the Niger-Delta to an end. I also know desertion is normal during wars. But guy, moral is currently very low. Every time my friends in the Police MOPOL Squadrons on the usual 6 months rotation to the NE, it Is the very same story: they're outgunned, ammo ' s always low (2 mags only), desertion is on the rise.

Till we accept that all is not well, and try to resolve the problems that plague the military, we'll continue to face these issues.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sweetgala(m): 2:11am On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles:

So your boys are ill equipped when compared to cameroon and chad armies? Keep blaming corrupt politicians and Generals for a problem that does not exist

Actually they are the Chadians and Cameroon are well trained and equipped by the French army
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ghananotnaija(m): 4:33am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerian military na paper tiger! Even ragtag militants like BH or MEND fit bring the Nigerian army to its knees. So that means Chad or Cameroon can have,its way with Nigeria militarily. SMDH. Useless nation.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ceaser: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2014
QMark: I support this movement. Withdraw until you get well equipped.
You pledged to protect the citizen. You did not sign a death warrant.
I love this country (with all my heart), but not to the point of dying for it. And that's because it's not worth dying for.
I wont advise the soldiers (just like i wont advise my brother) to enter that forest full of metals with toy guns

While risking sounding like a broken record or veering off a little, I'll want to make mention that if the same positive attitude and goodwill displayed here for the soldiers are extended to the lecturers, doctors and even any Nigerian health worker who downs tools for improvement in service delivery, our leaders will be more afraid of us and will always dance to the dictates of the electorates whom they took an oath to serve, not fattening their own pockets and bank accounts. The Caucasians are always on the side of the labour in any labour-government face-off and rightly so. The truth is that government given a free hand will want every Nigerian to work without been paid.

I read this few days ago.
Asked whether doctors go on strike in Germany, one of our German collaborators in the Institute of Lassa Fever Research and Control, ISTH, Irrua answered. "Oh no. When doctors have issues government as a matter of priority resolves them urgently. Where there is a delay, other citizens embark on protests and if necessary strike while the doctors remain in the hospitals to take care of sick citizens and the emergencies that may result from the protest or the strike action embarked upon by the good citizens". What do we have in Nigeria? In spite of the fact that most strikes by doctors are in their interest with a view to improving healthcare delivery, they ridicule, criticize and insult the doctors. They are more comfortable with business as usual than positive change. Really, "was there ever a country" at anytime?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by DaBullIT(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2014
ocelot2006:

Till we accept that all is not well, and try to resolve the problems that plague the military, we'll continue to face these issues.

Taaaaaaaa if I hearam which kin Army end mend matter ? Ability govt pay them off
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2014
DaBullIT:

Taaaaaaaa if I hearam which kin Army end mend matter ? Ability govt pay them off

The FG adopted the Carrot & Stick approach. The late Yaradua initial granted amnesty to all the militant groups, but was to last till September of that year (2006/2007 I think). Immediately it ended, the stick (Joint Task Force under the then Brig. Gen Bell, current Counter-terrorism Coordinator at the Office of the NSA) was applied with ruthless efficiency. Port Harcourt was retaken from the grasp of militants and cultists, the dreaded Camp-9 of MEND was captured, and militant leaders were hunted down like rats. Or why do you think they all ran to the swamps?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tunex23: 8:56am On Aug 20, 2014
HAH: Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something.

. Over 10 yrs as a Nairalander, I must confess this is one of the best comment I ever read! Kudos to u
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by MadCow1: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2014
RaptorX: All these talk of not having adequate weapons to fight BH is to me just silly excuses, like pointed out earlier the main problem is lack of morale and cowardice. Not weapons or so called sabotage.

I saw a clip on You tube showing BH fighters attacking a Nigerian army base, i dont see the fighters armed with anything the army doesn't have, they had AK 47, some RPG's, pick up trucks mounted with AA guns, what is so sophisticated about those.

These is guerilla war, you dont need too much sophisticated weapons to fight it, ask the Americans how many stealth bombers, tanks, they use to fight the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan, and thousands of their soldiers were killed. These is hand to hand combat except the Nigerian govt is ready to bomb the whole north east and kill thousands of civilians.

Lol.. Funny stuff is that what that guy was firing at the walls of the barracks was not even an AA Gun but a 50 Cal mounted on a pick-up truck.

There is not a single weapon that Boko Haram has that the Nigerian Army does not have and even have better..

I would go with low Morale. There is no real motivation to fight Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Norajones(f): 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
ocelot2006:

Our brave soldiers are not incompetent. But he has a point: moral is actually very low NOT because of the lack of will to fight (believe me, the boys are eager to fight), but the lack of the much needed tools to execute this war. Minus air cover, the troops are outgunned by BH.
exactly my point

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
I guess you are enjoying all the "likes" you are getting.

Typical Nigerian, faced with challenges...call on someone else to do the dirty job while your lazy @sses drink pepper soup and jolly. How did Chadian army get so strong? Practice they say makes perfect. But in your mind, you make a lot of sense to hand over the security of your country to a neighbouring country. And when the Chadians, having known the weakness of your military decide to run over Nigeria, who are you going to run to?

Think about your suggestions well. It is very easy for France to contract Malians because France is too far away to bear the brunt of any repercussions of such engagement by proxy

What did Nigeria go to do in Mali ? Is it not to fight islamic insurgents and was it not the comity of nations including Nigeria that saved them, what is wrong if a war is getting out of hand and we seek external help, Nigerian army problem is not weapons ir money but low morale and the fact that no one want to die for the nation, one the other hand the terrorist are ready to die for their belief, do you know that all the tanks BH use are Nigerian army's, do you know that 90% of guns and RPG that BH uses are Nigerian army's.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Sammyblaq(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
The Army should attach Air-raids to counters to win this war. Period.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Sammyblaq(m): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
HAH:

What did Nigeria go to do in Mali ? Is it not to fight islamic insurgents and was it not the comity of nations including Nigeria that saved them, what is wrong if a war is getting out of hand and we seek external help, Nigerian army problem is not weapons ir money but low morale and the fact that no one want to die for the nation, one the other hand the terrorist are ready to die for their belief, do you know that all the tanks BH use are Nigerian army's, do you know that 90% of guns and RPG that BH uses are Nigerian army's.

on a serious note...nobody wants to die. Life sweet joor. Careful gallant soldiers #Ahoà rugged.

Get these boys equipped i beg...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by komekn(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
deji68: Better equipment?? cool ....Hmnn big english, i used to think our soldiers go to war barefeet, with Daneguns"...e.t.c, until i stumbled on " Siriusblack" thread...BH does not have aircover, artillerry, they carry Ak47 like our soldiers, they drive hilux and some stolen APC ...imagine BH asking Shekau for better equipments grin grin..i think his reply will be, "what about the ones we took from the army"?I think the equipments we have are adequate to fight BH ...we are not fighting cameroon , Algeria e.t,c...i thing what the lazy deserters need is courage and u cant buy it from the American or russians.....maybe we might need the Asterix druid...miraculix(Getafix) grin grin

I think your misinformed, on paper the NA looks good in reality we just don't have the capacity, our equipment is mostly 30 years old, we do noy have fit for purpose IFV's.

In the UK if a soldier was sent out without the right equipment and back up, very senior officers would face a court martial according to general rules for wilful negligence and dereliction of duty.

In Nigeria the Generals send their kids to the USA, UK etc and buy multi million naira houses in Maitama and are commended for sending hundreds of soldiers to an early grave, the PERVERSION OF CORRUPTION is the real enemy killing the NA.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by komekn(m): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sammyblaq: The Army should attach Air-raids to counters to win this war. Period.

With what air force, we are in the millennium and the NAF still don't have precision guided weaponry.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by InvertedHammer: 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
HAH:

What you stated are facts. But we can do is collaborate with other nations to annihilate BH. The collaboration is what is currently going. Whether Nigeria is holding up their own side of the bargain calls for a debate.
However, Nigeria shall not contract out their sovereign security to another nation. Currently, the rumor is that the Presidency is being guarded by Israeli forces. This can only happen in countries under occupation such as Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. But Nigeria is good at copying all the bad things for comparison while pretending that good alternatives do not exist.
/
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
1United1: They are right! When the Commander-In-Chief is busy commandeering their common wealth into his personal vault while preparing to extend his looting years by another 4 years using every available illegitimate process, the poor soldiers who ordinary should be equipped with extraordinary warfare as the military budget suggests are left to fight with clubs, daggers and outdated non functional tanks!

And in the course of the war they get killed, their families are settled with a paltry 500k after some years!

Vagabonds in power!

In the face of all these, the poor soldiers are the ones protecting the politicians, Zombie comes to mind.
Leave our politicians for 1hr unguarded then we will know whether jungle justice will not be their portion

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
SergeAlain:

Well my brother that is really sad. I hope they are ready to die for their villages and their families when Boko Haram captures the whole North East and enters other Geopolitical zones. Any one in doubt of that should take a look at what ISIS is doing in Iraq.

If they think they can run away to their villages and escape the war, who are they hoping will stop the BOko haram for them??

You have a sense of misplaced priority, who misappropriated the armed forces funding? That is where the culpability is

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
RaptorX: All these talk of not having adequate weapons to fight BH is to me just silly excuses, like pointed out earlier the main problem is lack of morale and cowardice. Not weapons or so called sabotage.

I saw a clip on You tube showing BH fighters attacking a Nigerian army base, i dont see the fighters armed with anything the army doesn't have, they had AK 47, some RPG's, pick up trucks mounted with AA guns, what is so sophisticated about those.

These is guerilla war, you dont need too much sophisticated weapons to fight it, ask the Americans how many stealth bombers, tanks, they use to fight the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan, and thousands of their soldiers were killed. These is hand to hand combat except the Nigerian govt is ready to bomb the whole north east and kill thousands of civilians.

Always talking nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by rhames(m): 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
9ja4Change: A group of soldiers in north-eastern Nigeria is refusing to fight Boko Haram militants until they receive better equipment, one of the mutineers has told the BBC.

The soldier, who requested anonymity, said at least 40 of his colleagues would refuse orders to deploy.

The military has not commented on the reported mutiny or the demands.

A state of emergency that was declared in three north-eastern states last year has failed to curb the insurgency.

Boko Haram has stepped up its attacks after being pushed out of its bases in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, targeting towns and villages in deadly raids.

“Soldiers are dying like fowl,” the soldier, who said he and his colleagues were just outside Maiduguri, told the BBC service.

“The Nigerian army is not ready to fight Boko Haram,” he said, explaining that soldiers were not being given enough weapons and ammunition to take them on.

“Boko Haram are inside the bush, everywhere,” he said “They [senior commanders] are sacrificing soldiers,” he said.

Even the vehicles the soldiers were expected to use were old armoured cars that were not up to the job, he added.

A general in the army, who asked not to be named, told the BBC that he was unable to confirm the mutiny, but said “cowardice” was not uncommon in times of war – and any mutineers would be punished.

When the solder was asked if he feared being court-martialled for taking part in the mutiny, he said that a soldier could only be taken to task for refusing to go to war.

“I joined the army to defend my country”, but you cannot defend it without being equipped to do so, he said.

In April, Boko Haram caused global outrage by abducting more than 200 girls from a boarding school in the remote town of Chibok in Borno state.

The group has also carried out a wave of bombings and assassinations, including that of moderate Muslim leaders opposed to its ideology.

SOURCE: BBC News

At least some of these politicians should cast their mind back to 1983 when 5 Nigerian soldiers were murdered by Cameroonian gendarmerie. The after math was a loss of confidence in the ability of the civilian administration of Shehu Shagari to effectively rule the country and a coup detat that overthrew him. I pray hard that this does not happen.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by atlwireles: 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
The Nigerian military has refuted claims by an anonymous soldier that there is an impending mutiny by some disgruntled soldiers over the lack of quality equipment.

The soldier, who requested anonymity, told the BBC that a group of soldiers in north-eastern Nigeria was refusing to fight Boko Haram militants until they receive better equipment.

“Soldiers are dying like fowl,” the soldier, who said he and his colleagues were just outside Maiduguri, told the BBC Hausa Service.

“The Nigerian Army is not ready to fight Boko Haram,” he said, explaining that soldiers were not being given enough weapons and ammunition to take them on.

“Boko Haram are inside the bush, everywhere,” he said “they [senior commanders] are sacrificing soldiers,” he said.

However, the Director of Defence Information, Major-General Chris Olukolade, said that the soldier’s claim reeked of cowardice as soldiers do not ignore orders once given.

“The degree of cowardice is not in the character of real soldiers of the Nigerian Army. The series of lies contained in the alleged responses of the faceless person referred to as a soldier confirms the whole arrangement as another step of the mischief makers working for the terrorists.

“No soldier has been sent on any mission without being armed. Each soldier answers for his action in terms of discipline,” General Olukolade said.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by RaptorX: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
jpphilips:

Always talking nonsense!!
What nonsence am i talking? The American death toll in Iraq was 4000+ kia, and 30,000 wounded before they pull out and in Afghanistan 2000+ kia and rising, these are official US dept of defence figures so mr know all what nonsence am i talking.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by deji68: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
I am well informed enough for a bystander, i am not in the army, but what i have seen and read enough

we have Tanks(BH have none, except technikers)
we APC (BH have stolen few)
Well kitted soldiers with body armour(only shekau and some commanders have body armour)
Well equiped Snipers Team(BH unkown)
Artillery(we have one the best in Africa)
Aircover(enough for BH Battle)
150000 Men(BH has etimated 4000 fighter)

.I think the army is well equip enough to fight the BH scourge.There is alway complain of inadequate equipments.It happened at the initial stage of the Gulf, where US soldier , complained about the amoury of their APC and Humvees.In every human endeveour, everyone could alway do with a better tool...but neglecting ur duty while waiting for upgrade is wrong....I notice a trend in disparaging the NA in the media embarassed embarassed...Let support our millitary We should not mistake cowardice for agitation for better weapon....I think some of those, thinking we can buy a super machine off the shelve, press some buttons and the war is won, are living in fools paradise..The hard reality is that many soldiers will pay the supreme price to protect our freedom , some have already done(May their soul rest in peace).America with all their drones and weapon are still losing soldier...there is no shortcut only hard work, sweat,gut and grit will carry us through....for the deserters..make una go drink the magic portion ala Asterix druid getafix instead of peeper soup...or go find another Job cool cool For the Gallant ones GOd will continue to protect u

komekn:

I think your misinformed, on paper the NA looks good in reality we just don't have the capacity, our equipment is mostly 30 years old, we do noy have fit for purpose IFV's.

In the UK if a soldier was sent out without the right equipment and back up, very senior officers would face a court martial according to general rules for wilful negligence and dereliction of duty.

In Nigeria the Generals send their kids to the USA, UK etc and buy multi million naira houses in Maitama and are commended for sending hundreds of soldiers to an early grave, the PERVERSION OF CORRUPTION is the real enemy killing the NA.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Sammyblaq(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2014
komekn:

With what air force, we are in the millennium and the NAF still don't have precision guided weaponry.

upon a whole lot of dough is been allocated to the armed forces steady. Failed state!
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
deji68: I am well informed enough for a bystander, i am not in the army, but what i have seen and read enough

we have Tanks(BH have none, except technikers)
we APC (BH have stolen few)
Well kitted soldiers with body armour(only shekau and some commanders have body armour)
Well equiped Snipers Team(BH unkown)
Artillery(we have one the best in Africa)
Aircover(enough for BH Battle)
150000 Men(BH has etimated 4000 fighter)

.I think the army is well equip enough to fight the BH scourge.There is alway complain of inadequate equipments.It happened at the initial stage of the Gulf, where US soldier , complained about the amoury of their APC and Humvees.In every human endeveour, everyone could alway do with a better tool...but neglecting ur duty while waiting for upgrade is wrong....I notice a trend in disparaging the NA in the media embarassed embarassed...Let support our millitary We should not mistake cowardice for agitation for better weapon....I think some of those, thinking we can buy a super machine off the shelve, press some buttons and the war is won, are living in fools paradise..The hard reality is that many soldiers will pay the supreme price to protect our freedom , some have already done(May their soul rest in peace).America with all their drones and weapon are still losing soldier...there is no shortcut only hard work, sweat,gut and grit will carry us through....for the deserters..make una go drink the magic portion ala Asterix druid getafix instead of peeper soup...or go find another Job cool cool For the Gallant ones GOd will continue to protect u

Oh please don't make me laugh. Yes we have tanks (even though they outdated and antique T-50s and Vickers MK3). And yes we have a number of APCs, but they are NOT enough. And if I may ask, how many of these vehicles are actually operational as we speak? We don't even have have enough MRAPs for Christ sake! All our soldiers rely on are soft skinned Hilux and Ford Ranger pickups which, like the APCS, are totally under equipped with mere GPMGS. And these is when BH Technicals are HEAVILY armed with HMGs and AA guns. The Police's case is even a more pathetic one because their armed with simple assault rifles (Type56-2, etc).

Btw, of what use are snipers and soldiers with body armour/assault vest if they're not given enough ammo when BH are equipped with surpluses from the last Libyan war. And please do NOT get me started on the Airforce. Where are the Attack fixed-wing Aircrafts? How many attacks helos do we have? Most importantly, where are the Fcking transport helicopters for the QRFS?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by deji68: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
I hope we are still talking about Bh before u start laughing..BH drive in soft skin HILUX AND FORD RANGERS PICKUPS like the NA.in fact the only APC and tanks they drive are stolen from the NA..The same Old Vickers and T-50s abi??They have no MRAPs except the ones our lazy deserters dash them...Shekau doesnt even understand what u mean with fixed-wings aircraft or assault helicopters, because they dont have aircover...about the (types56-29) police rifles, i think we are talking about the NA not the police, even in some "siriusblack" or beeagle blog i have seen well armed policemen with modern assault weapons in NEast war front.Everybody come here with vague argument about lack or inadequate equipments.My God!!!! we are not fighting America or even S Africa.I know a lot have to be done in terms of equipment, strategy. e.tc so that we can win this war quickly..But anybody that think there is a quick fix solution the person is living Utopia....we have to roll up our sleeves and fight
"
In my view our real challenges are
– In-experienced soldiers, who are encouraged by the political press (sahara et al) to believe that if they make sufficient noise this cup will pass over them
– A public that has not understood that this is a war, same blood, guts and sweat scenario the made Churchill make his famous speech.
"
The quote above is from ZED(Beabeagle blog)...i think it summarize our present situation..

ocelot2006:

Oh please don't make me laugh. Yes we have tanks (even though they outdated and antique T-50s and Vickers MK3). And yes we have a number of APCs, but they are NOT enough. And if I may ask, how many of these vehicles are actually operational as we speak? We don't even have have enough MRAPs for Christ sake! All our soldiers rely on are soft skinned Hilux and Ford Ranger pickups which, like the APCS, are totally under equipped with mere GPMGS. And these is when BH Technicals are HEAVILY armed with HMGs and AA guns. The Police's case is even a more pathetic one because their armed with simple assault rifles (Type56-2, etc).

Btw, of what use are snipers and soldiers with body armour/assault vest if they're not given enough ammo when BH are equipped with surpluses from the last Libyan war. And please do NOT get me started on the Airforce. Where are the Attack fixed-wing Aircrafts? How many attacks helos do we have? Most importantly, where are the Fcking transport helicopters for the QRFS?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 12:24am On Aug 22, 2014
deji68: I hope we are still talking about Bh before u start laughing..BH drive in soft skin HILUX AND FORD RANGERS PICKUPS like the NA.in fact the only APC and tanks they drive are stolen from the NA..The same Old Vickers and T-50s abi??They have no MRAPs except the ones our lazy deserters dash them...Shekau doesnt even understand what u mean with fixed-wings aircraft or assault helicopters, because they dont have aircover...about the (types56-29) police rifles, i think we are talking about the NA not the police, even in some "siriusblack" or beeagle blog i have seen well armed policemen with modern assault weapons in NEast war front.Everybody come here with vague argument about lack or inadequate equipments.My God!!!! we are not fighting America or even S Africa.I know a lot have to be done in terms of equipment, strategy. e.tc so that we can win this war quickly..But anybody that think there is a quick fix solution the person is living Utopia....we have to roll up our sleeves and fight
"
In my view our real challenges are
– In-experienced soldiers, who are encouraged by the political press (sahara et al) to believe that if they make sufficient noise this cup will pass over them
– A public that has not understood that this is a war, same blood, guts and sweat scenario the made Churchill make his famous speech.
"
The quote above is from ZED(Beabeagle blog)...i think it summarize our present situation..

Of course BH drives soft skinned vehicles like the Army. There is just one difference: theirs is armed with HEAVY MACHINE GUNS (50cal) and even AA guns, while ours is armed with simple GPMGs. Now tell me, in a firefight, how do you expect the later to take on the former, ESPECIALLY without your acclaimed "aircover"?

And speaking of aircover, do we even have the necessary assets on ground? Our primary fixed-wing asset for air support is the Alpha jet, but it is basically a LIGHT attack aircraft/trainer. That means it 's payload is limited with 250 lb bombs and rocket pods. No precision munition at all. The Mi-35 attack helos are actually quite effective, but there are few in theatre. Oh, did I mention that there are no heavy or medium lift helicopters to fly in QRF teams to relieve units trapped in remote regions as the later faces a major BH onslaught. Instead, these units in peril (be it regular infantry or special forces), and with limited ammo, have to duke it out with a numerically superior enemy armed with heavier weapons while reinforcement have to drive for hours to rescue these soldiers. And did I mention no air cover?

I've had friends in the Force (Police MOPOL) come home at the end of their rotations and tell horror stories. Of deadly ambushes and needless slaughter of brave men, and no air support, and of a cunning and ruthless enemy armed to the teeth. But most of all, they talk about the low morale. I'll say this again, until we stop burying our heads in the sand and own up to the deficiencies of our military, we'll continue to think that all is well when it isn't. Btw, the NPF ' S elite MOPOL Training School just fell to BH. Where was the aircover?

One more thing, do NOT underestimate BH. Remember the Americans in Afghanistan? They currently face a ragtag Taliban. Tell me, how's the fight going?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Treck For Gej From Abuja To Otuoke. / Police, IPOB Clash In Nnewi, Two Feared Dead / Last US Military Plane Out Of Afghanistan Ends America's longest war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.