Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment (27840 Views)

Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Pennywise(m): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dessertion will continue until the army faces this problem head on.

Desserting soldiers should be sought, tried and shot. Until this done, it will continue. What do these cowards think the army is about? Shooting unarmed civillians?

An effective way to do this will be to use two desserting soldiers as example- one from the north, one from the south. This will also address the petty cowardly mutinies going on.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ayusco85(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
donnypool:

you just admitted to committed the space booking offence.

seun this guy don use him mouth confess!

Gerrout joor. Come and arrest me. Mtchewww
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by mu2sa2: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
I said it before that Gej and his armchair potbellied commanders are not interested in ending Shekau's rampage. How else do you explain a situation where soldiers arn't given the weapons to fight, despite the billions budgeted for defence. Fraudulent ogas-at-the-top!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Dadehmola: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
mosho2good: Are u telling that what our soldier are using is toy gun or what...

*dodges bullets*...

Baba, the guns wey dem dey use no strong reach the one wey you take murder English for hia!
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
sarutobie:
And the "something" according to you is to contract chadian army? My God! You are a coward! Your likes will sell this country given a day at the helm of power

Mr patriotic Nigerian can you tell me what Nigeria went to do in Sierra Leaon,Liberia , Dafur and Mali.

May be until this war reaches you compound you will know that we are in a real soup, the earlier we swallow our pride and invite those that can handle this the better .
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sarutobie(m): 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

Mr patriotic Nigerian can you tell me what Nigeria went to do in Sierra Leaon,Liberia , Dafur and Mali.

May be until this war reaches you compound you will know that we are in a real soup, the earlier we swallow our pride and invite those that can handle this the better .
The nigerian army has more military hardware than chad get that into your head.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nyikoro: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH: Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something.

with that being said, those soldier complaining of not being properly equipped are just giving a flimsy excuses. Remember those BH guy do not wear helmet, no body armor, not combat boot yet they are able to traumph. A lazy man will always quarrel with his working tools.
What did Biafra soldier had when they were fighting Nigerian army??.
Nigerian army are afraid of death but BH are not. So all boils down to determination, interest, love for ur nation and sacrifice.
Of course that's what military is all about SACRIFICE!!! What were you thinking when you were signing that paper?
Another thing is ideas. Come up with a good tactics to thwart these guys plans. Plan ahead of them. Come on man!! You guys even have air support and BH DO NOT!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
sarutobie:
The nigerian army has more military hardware than chad get that into your head.

It is not hardware that fights my brither it is the Morale of the soldiers. There is high morake among chadian army that was why when ansaruddin took over northern mali it was only the chadian and french army that confronted and defeated them, the Nigerian army were left doing check point at the outskirt of Bamako along the way to the timbuktou.

The last time Nigerian army were involved in an offensive war was biafra and no serving personel that went to biafra is in service now, all they were doing was peace keeping which is totally different from war.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by hensben(m): 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ebola came, its been tackled drastically why?, because ebola can be contacted by anybody, either rich or poor, securities cant stop ebola from contacting ogas at the top unlike boko haram..this is to tell you this 'mufus' call leaders doesnt care about the welfare of common man.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nyikoro: with that being said, those soldier complaining of not being properly equipped are just giving a flimsy excuses. Remember those BH guy do not wear helmet, no body armor, not combat boot yet they are able to traumph. A lazy man will always quarrel with his working tools.
What did Biafra soldier had when they were fighting Nigerian army??.
Nigerian army are afraid of death but BH are not. So all boils down to determination, interest, love for ur nation and sacrifice.
Of course that's what military is all about SACRIFICE!!! What were you thinking when you were signing that paper?
Another thing is ideas. Come up with a good tactics to thwart these guys plans. Plan ahead of them. Come on man!! You guys even have air support and BH DO NOT!

Very correct, no morale at all, most of them joined the army due to unemployment and also for showmanship to the so called bloody civilians now that jungle don dey mature they are chickening out.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Lordgatt46(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
visit www.9jatop.com to Get daily Ghana lotto and football betting forcast tips, Free browsing, Fta, ****le issues and all the latest news.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
ocelot2006: I'm afraid I'm with the soldiers on this one. Billions of naira have been released, yet:

1) no new combat aircraft to provide the necessary combat are support
2) no transport helicopters to transport troops to and from hotspots and serve as CASEVAC
3) no attack helicopters to provide the necessary CAS
4) No adequate nos of MRAPs or armoured vehicles to convey the troops safely to the front. Just soft skinned pickups that are under - armed.
5) not enough ammo for troops in the frontline.

We have a long way to go.

How can you confirm that there have been no new equipments for the military? Are you in the north-east?

Yes, the Airforce has received new MI-35 helicopters, there is absolutely no question about this.

Nigerian troops are not poorly equipped in any area to deal with this insurgency, in any area. The advocacy should be additional rounds of Ammo for each soldier. Soldiers should have at least 8 mags per man.

Any talk about poorly equipped troops, is a baseless lie.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by sarutobie(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

It is not hardware that fights my brither it is the Morale of the soldiers. There is high morake among chadian army that was why when ansaruddin took over northern mali it was only the chadian and french army that confronted and defeated them, the Nigerian army were left doing check point at the outskirt of Bamako along the way to the timbuktou.

The last time Nigerian army were involved in an offensive war was biafra and no serving personel that went to biafra is in service now, all they were doing was peace keeping which is totally different from war.
I see....they have adequate ammo but no motivation now? I see.....@ GEJ, releasing billions for the army is not enough, you must put on a uniform, take up a rifle and go motivate the boys..
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
My own is DAT d joint chiefs Nd oda members in d upper echelons of 9ja army should lead d offensive.. Truth is if boko haram has seen superior fire power it would dread any confrontation... Buh right nw many voices cannot b wrong, we av allowed corruption creep into d army let face d music
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by atlwireles: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

So what did our army do in Liberia and Sierra lone? Were they carrying out check points duties too?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by uzoexcel(m): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
u v any proof to back up ur points or is it k=just bar gossip?
MadCow1:

My point is that it is not the size of the Gun but the person using it.

Every Weapon Boko haram has, the Nigerian owns same and even bigger and better.. So whats this better equipment they are always demanding?!

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles:

So what did our army do in Liberia and Sierra lone? Were they carrying out check points duties too?

Yes there work was jus check points and basically as it name says peace keeping, infact most soldiers that go to liberia and sierra leaon lobby to be included because of the UN allowance, and when they come back they buy cars and looking fresh with toned skin.

So my bother peace keeping is totally different from war, peace keeping is like separating two people fighting and is never offensive.

Our major problem in the war against BH is morale not weapons or allowances just morale.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
ayusco85:

Gerrout joor. Come and arrest me. Mtchewww

seun this same guy, has committed another offence telling you to gerrout
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
I strongly believe that if our soldier are well equiped they will defeat this untrained nuisance called bokoharm
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ooshinibos: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
WOW ..confirmed black people dont know how to run a nation ..shiooooo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ecobidi: I strongly believe that if our soldier are well equiped they will defeat this untrained nuisance called bokoharm

The problem is not equipment but morale, the BH are having more morale to fight than the army because of there beliefs, if not the BH guys most don't even have helmet they use turban.

Simply no soldier want to die because of Nigeria while the BH can die because of their brain washing.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
neuljosh: The FG never takes anything serious until it hits them on the head. I so wish the so called Boko Haram would think straight and for ones and help us lunch a successful bomb attack on Aso Rock and delete all those corrupt pot belly naggers. They would turn from terrorist to heroes

Treasonable statment.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ayusco85(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
donnypool:

seun this same guy, has committed another offence telling you to gerrout

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. U no well ah swear.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Fellonigerians: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
If doctors can go on strike and remain during an ebola scare, soldiers should do the same... In fact they should download the 22 demands by the striking doctors and pick relevant ones that can also apply to the military for their negotiation with the FG... What is good for the goose, is good for the gander...
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by atlwireles: 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

Yes there work was jus check points and basically as it name says peace keeping, infact most soldiers that go to liberia and sierra leaon lobby to be included because of the UN allowance, and when they come back they buy cars and looking fresh with toned skin.

So my bother peace keeping is totally different from war, peace keeping is like separating two people fighting and is never offensive.

Our major problem in the war against BH is morale not weapons or allowances just morale.

Sorry, if I may ask how old are you? Seek out a Liberian and ask them, if Nigerian army came there as peace keepers. They fought for the peace and kept it. The problem with boko haram is sabotage and not morale, look at Cameroon and chad, why are they containing boko haram? How many wars has Cameroon fought? Are they better equipped than us? Are they better paid than us?

You guys need to stop the propaganda its only demoralizing the troops. A very effective tool by boko haram. You don't have to be in Sambisa to propagate their agenda.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by hansad: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
ayusco85: The soldiers are right. If the government want to end boko haram, they can do it within one week. Equip this soldiers and see wonders. Nigerian army aren't that bad, the top officers are just frustrating the soldiers in this fight against insurgency.

Politics stinks in nigeria. This whole insurgency and kidnap is more political than extremism
As there are too many saboteurs for B/Haram in the army, what do you expect?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ayusco85(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
hansad: As there are too many saboteurs for B/Haram in the army, what do you expect?

Its political
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by oluwasegun007(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nigeria army have been to so many peace keeping both within and outside the continent with commendable performance......but they find it difficult to handle bokoharam in their own country.....Abeg make una stay for una house if latest weapons will not be provided for you....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by okotv(m): 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
soldiers mutiny is very bad for any military organisation cause it shows lack of discipline and can lead to unimaginable saboteurs. The morale is very low among them...pay them huge money if that would ginger them cause its terrorism we are combating here not civilian unrest.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Sorry, if I may ask how old are you? Seek out a Liberian and ask them, if Nigerian army came there as peace keepers. They fought for the peace and kept it. The problem with boko haram is sabotage and not morale, look at Cameroon and chad, why are they containing boko haram? How many wars has Cameroon fought? Are they better equipped than us? Are they better paid than us?

You guys need to stop the propaganda its only demoralizing the troops. A very effective tool by boko haram. You don't have to be in Sambisa to propagate their agenda.

I know most people on nairaland are young people but in all modesty am not a youth again, I don't know you but I don't want to open my cover to you,

And I can tell you in all confidence that the problem with the Nigerian military in its war against Boko Haram is morale, No one want to die for Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by aresa: 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
lmao... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: “How I Met My Wife Kudi” / Police, IPOB Clash In Nnewi, Two Feared Dead / Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola Resigns From APC, Dumps Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.