Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training (14770 Views)

Ask The Doctor / The Doctor Said She Should Get Married On Time / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by tchiwinnie: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
pls send to tochi_madu@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Gbsks: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
Even though i'm an aspirant, i would like to have it too for future need. The email is gbengamosun@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Gbsks: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
lomaxx: Most respectful cephalo-caudal greetings to my chiefs in the house. Straight to the point, the issue of overseas training for the Nigerian doctor has been heralded by a myriad of questions- most unanswered and unattended to. This has necessitated a compendium of what you must know about overseas training as a doctor. I stumbled on an ebook to that effect and it is in the most bit very comprehensive.

So in my usual spirit of doing-the-little-I-can-for-my-fellow-Nigerian-out-there, I'll like to share with medical doctors and students who want to explore career possibilities outside the shores of Nigeria and hopefully come back one day to make the system better than the quagmire it is right now.

The countries covered are United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.

For those interested, drop your emails and I'll forward it to you.

Best of luck.
i'm interested, the email is gbengamosun@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Influence01: 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
plz send it to oyeleye30@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lagusta:

you may want to stay back bro, but when you get to the REAL WORLD and see different types of patients, with all sorts of families frustrating your life, with the fat nurses worsening the condition... Then you'd realise being a hero in nigeria ain't worth it....

All doctors have good days and bad days... I've had alot of good days, and some terrible days...

I was once slapped by a patient's relative just because she asked me "have you given my brother his drugs" and i replied "please i'm coming, i'm busy" and i was busy, trying to save a child that had a car accident....

Some doctors are good, others are bad, but some of those that are bad may be due to the attitude our patients put up on us.... And that counts!!!!

I pray you dont go there bro, gerrout of this phucking mistake of a country if you have the chance, it ain't worth it anymore
Wooh! What country are you currently in and how is it practicing medicine there?
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
phantom:

let it go to the dogs!! I resisted travelling out a decade ago when I qualified and I regret it now.
my friends urged me to come over to T&T after all I had my MBBS from a recognised institution in Nigeria therefore I didn't need to write their licensing exams.
I just needed to pay the $3500 bond,and of I went.
5000-6000 US dollars per month tax free is decent income scalable to 7-8thousand dollars working extra jobs.
thinking back now, I should have gone. would probably be in the US now,qualifying as an "attending".

the path I took was a mistake!
What is T and T.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by sonofaGod: 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
Babyblues:

It's never too late.My hubby was about to do his Part 1 when I encouraged him to up and leave.Theres no insult I didn't receive,they discouraged him and said all sorts.this was 5 years ago. He's now in his final year of residency training in the uk and when he's done,we may move to Canada or Australia.My hubby's almost 40.
It wasn't an easy transition at all,in the beginning we cried,suffered but once he got on his feet,it's been forward ever.UK is not perfect but at least we have peace of mind.
My sister is doing her step 3 in the US,me I've passed my plab 1 and 2.Time waits for no man.Thank God for my parents who insisted on us leaving Naija.
Good luck to the brave doctors though.
Cheers!
hello,plz can u advive a fellow doctor on d right path to take in terms of residency programm in UK or working as a doctor outside of africa.plz ur kind response asap will b greatly appreciated....
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by sonofaGod: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
phantom:

let it go to the dogs!! I resisted travelling out a decade ago when I qualified and I regret it now.
my friends urged me to come over to T&T after all I had my MBBS from a recognised institution in Nigeria therefore I didn't need to write their licensing exams.
I just needed to pay the $3500 bond,and of I went.
5000-6000 US dollars per month tax free is decent income scalable to 7-8thousand dollars working extra jobs.
thinking back now, I should have gone. would probably be in the US now,qualifying as an "attending".

the path I took was a mistake!
hello phantom,your piece really got me interested.have always had it in mind to travel to d carribean for medical job opportunities.unfortunately am not a graduate from one of d four recognised univ in nigeria(ibadan,enugu,lagos and benin)for T and T jobs,plz are there other opportunities I can explor and d process it will taketnks for ur anticipated cooperation,
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Lagusta(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Largas:
Wooh! What country are you currently in and how is it practicing medicine there?

if i have the chance to jet out, i won't hesitate for one minute....

I'm still in naija oooo
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by laryom1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Largas:
What is T and T.
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Owholomo: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
Please forward me the ebook, my email is akpotujustice@yahoo.com. THANKS ALOT.God Bless.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by leo083: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2014
lomaxx: Most respectful cephalo-caudal greetings to my chiefs in the house. Straight to the point, the issue of overseas training for the Nigerian doctor has been heralded by a myriad of questions- most unanswered and unattended to. This has necessitated a compendium of what you must know about overseas training as a doctor. I stumbled on an ebook to that effect and it is in the most bit very comprehensive.

So in my usual spirit of doing-the-little-I-can-for-my-fellow-Nigerian-out-there, I'll like to share with medical doctors and students who want to explore career possibilities outside the shores of Nigeria and hopefully come back one day to make the system better than the quagmire it is right now.

The countries covered are United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.

Best of luck.

Hello pls kindly send to; jayone4real@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by JAF1(m): 3:46am On Oct 10, 2014
Pls send it to amosaraunah@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Chartey(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Abeg me too johnsongreenspaceATyahooDOTcom. Thanks.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by leo1234(m): 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
leo083:

Best of luck.

Hello pls kindly send to; jayone4real@yahoo.com

drlonebe@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by leo1234(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
emog17:
Thanks Dr. Lomaxx, i got it.

Please forward to
drlonebe@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
PLEASE am an aspirant, and i guess i may be needing it. abotusamuel@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by greenjayde: 11:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
Please kindly send to drgreenjayde@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by bunmita: 6:06am On Aug 27, 2015
bunmita@gmail.com . Thanks
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by donluis: 3:11am On Jan 19, 2016
pls send to.. ogd4life@gmail.com. Thank u smiley
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Jacksparrow1: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
grin grin
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by bayonle1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Pls send to fbjatom@yahoo.com. I don tire for here O.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by prahcetomi(m): 12:02am On Sep 08, 2016
Pls send to prahcetomi @gmail.com

I WILL need it for future purpose...just got admitted, but I know naija future no bright oo.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by rufaikoko(m): 1:22am On Sep 08, 2016
rufai877@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Oteleye(f): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
I need o, Talktovosa@yahoo.co.uk
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Drguzzykola(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pls dr lomaxx. Hep send the guide to guzzykola@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by BidemsBVH: 1:03am On Sep 09, 2016
A Young doctor is needed at bidems victory Hospital ikorodu to cover night shift and alternate weekends with the other doctor.
Submit your cv at the hospital premises, bidems victory Hospital&Diagnostics center, simco ummekwu street off okiki street, along asolo road agric Bstop. For further details contact the Manager on 08181396874.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by ade2003: 8:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Hello Dr lomaxx, pls help send to... abiodun33@ gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
pls send it to iyohalesnar@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Gregdcutie(m): 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by lomaxx: 1:20am On Nov 09, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test / I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? / Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.