Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,288 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Ask The Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Doctor (7040 Views)

The Patient Comes To The Hospital To See The Doctor. / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured / I’m Not The Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, PH Nurse Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hi everyone my name is Dr. Dammy, I am a medical doctor. I am here answer all your medical questions and also give you medical advices on your health conditions. So feel free to ask questions.
Re: Ask The Doctor by ahnie: 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
salsonext:
Hi everyone my name is Dr. Dammy, I am a medical doctor. I am here answer all your medical questions and also give you medical advices on your health conditions. So feel free to ask questions.
doc,gudnoon,pls ayam yet to cee my menses.i just put to bed 3months ago.may i know why?

1 Like

Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
with regards to not seeing ur menses 3 months after putting to bed, if you are breastfeeding the baby ur body secretes a hormone that inhibits or stops menses. This is known as lactational amenorrhoea
Re: Ask The Doctor by afolayan22(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
salsonext:
Good day sir,am wale by name pls am into my 24th and people are complaining about my slim body even I too I knw dt am too lin.pls sir what can I do ?

1 Like

Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mr. Wale. from a medical point of view, it is healthier to be slim, although not too slim. Been slim ensures that your body mass index (BMI) stays within the normal which is the best for you, cos slim people tend to have lesser issues to worry about at old age. fat ppl have a lot of health issues to contend with as they grow older like diabetes, hypertension, arthritis and lipid disorders that can lead to various complications and furthermore decrease quality of life. Although if u feel u are way too slim for your liking and u want to add a few pounds, all u need to do is add more calories to your diet. eg fatty foods, carbohydrates and rich proteins like egg, meat, fish, milk and so on. Basically just Eat more frequently ,Choose nutrient-rich foods,Try smoothies and shakes.Watch when you drink.Make every bite count by chewing ur food properly before swallowing Top it off Have an occasional treat. Exercise. and also sleep and rest well. Finally pls avoid drugs that make u "add weight" e.g Cypron (ciproheptadine) etc, cos they have more health risks than benefits
Re: Ask The Doctor by mbula(f): 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
good evening, I'm a first time mum, my edd was 2nd of oct, yet no signs of labour except for abdominal pain which I feel baby's head always on my pelvic bone and it causes walking to be an issue as its associated with pains.i want to go for induction dis week cuz of weight of baby which scan showed last monday to be 4.0kg.i don't have any isdue nor complain same as baby.baby is in correct position ready to come out just dat cervix has not open to commence labour.i need ur advice.thank u
Re: Ask The Doctor by afolayan22(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
salsonext:
Mr. Wale. from a medical point of view, it is healthier to be slim, although not too slim. Been slim ensures that your body mass index (BMI) stays within the normal which is the best for you, cos slim people tend to have lesser issues to worry about at old age. fat ppl have a lot of health issues to contend with as they grow older like diabetes, hypertension, arthritis and lipid disorders that can lead to various complications and furthermore decrease quality of life. Although if u feel u are way too slim for your liking and u want to add a few pounds, and u need to do is add more calories to your diet. eg fatty foods, carbohydrates and rich proteins like egg, meat, fish, milk and so on. Basically just Eat more frequently ,Choose nutrient-rich foods,Try smoothies and shakes.Watch when you drink.Make every bite count by chewing ur food properly before swallowing Top it off Have an occasional treat. Exercise. and also sleep and rest well. Finally pls avoid drugs that make u "add weight" e.g Cypron (ciproheptadine) etc, cos they have more health risks than benefits
Thank you sir
Re: Ask The Doctor by ahnie: 1:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Good a.m doc,so as regards to my previouz question,when am i gonna see my menses?pls i need a specific accuracy.
Re: Ask The Doctor by laithanman: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2015
salsonext:

Gud morning Doc,
I woke up ds morning and I noticed a yellowish discharge from ma pen_is, cleaned it and since its been a colourless but a thick yellow com out occasionally.
Last month, I once had a light burning while urinating which stopped after I took som antibiotics.
Pls Wat could be wrong cos I hav jst 1 sex partner and we don't go on condoms
Re: Ask The Doctor by Igemburg(m): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2015
laithanman:

Gud morning Doc,
I woke up ds morning and I noticed a yellowish discharge from ma pen_is, cleaned it and since its been a colourless but a thick yellow com out occasionally.
Last month, I once had a light burning while urinating which stopped after I took som antibiotics.
Pls Wat could be wrong cos I hav jst 1 sex partner and we don't go on condoms

I have d same issue, please any solution?
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
ahnie:
Good a.m doc,so as regards to my previouz question,when am i gonna see my menses?pls i need a specific accuracy.
u shld start seeing ur menses when u stop breastfeeding.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
Igemburg:

I have d same issue, please any solution?
Normally most men have what we call urethral secretions which has a function of lubrication and protection of the urethra. Some other times the secretion might be abnormal especially when there is associated pain on urination, that may indicate an STI or StD, in such situations the best bet is to go to a hospital where samples of the secretion will be taken for tests and appropriate sensitive antibiotics will be given to kill the organism causing it. Also if it is confirmed that it's an infection, the best thing is for u and ur partner to get treated at the same time.
Re: Ask The Doctor by honeyjoy77: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hi Doctor, please I need your suggestion. I did hormonal profile assay, and result revealed low LH 3.2 others normal. Will low lh affect conception? Because I'm ttc.
Re: Ask The Doctor by olaronkecristian(f): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
salsonext:
hello doc, pls can stres prevent implantation on a clomid cycle. Thanks
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
honeyjoy77:
Hi Doctor, please I need your suggestion. I did hormonal profile assay, and result revealed low LH 3.2 others normal. Will low lh affect conception? Because I'm ttc.
. well with regards a low LH value, isolated low LH value without a low FSH value rarely occurs. so maybe there's is a possibility of a laboratory error. that been said, LH and FSH are required in males for puberty and also sperm production while in women it is needed for normal process of menstruation and subsequently needed for ovulation and pregnancy to occur. when the values are low all this processes are affected. I will like to know the reason why you were told to do the hormonal assay as well.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
olaronkecristian:

hello doc, pls can stres prevent implantation on a clomid cycle. Thanks
the effect of clomid is not for implantation but rather to allow the ovum to release egg. that is why it is called an ovulation induction drug. as for STRESS, it is true that it prevent implantation, and even if implantation occurs during stress, it is weak and thirdly stress again can also dislodge an implanted fertilised ovum. that is why we encourage adequate rest and avoidance of stress during the first trimester in pregnancy.
Re: Ask The Doctor by honeyjoy77: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2015
salsonext:
. well with regards a low LH value, isolated low LH value without a low FSH value rarely occurs. so maybe there's is a possibility of a laboratory error. that been said, LH and FSH are required in males for puberty and also sperm production while is women it is needed for normal process of menstruation and subsequently needed for ovulation and pregnancy to occur. when the values are low all this processes are affected. I will like to know the reason why you were told to do the hormonal assay as well.

Thanks, I'm ttc for 2yrs. This is the lab investigation report ! PROLACTIN 16.0 ng/ml, FSH 11.0 miu/ml, PROGESTERONE 8.5 ng/ml, LH 3.2 miu/ml.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Babice(f): 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hlo doc,ok,a friend of myn has an infection,her vagina itches,she has irregular menstrual cycle,serious menstrual pain evry month,coloured &smelling discharges,serious sharp stomach pain,she's had it 4 lyk 8yrs nw & she's jst 16,she once had it treated earlier dis yr,it went away & returned lyk 2 months later even worse,ok,last month,she went 2 anoda hospital 4 anoda checkup,she's a virgin, d doc inserted a speculum inside her vagina 2 test 4 d infection & she felt serious pain & was bleeding,she thinks her hymen was broken,was d doc supposed 2 do dat?is it possible that she is still a virgin & wat do u think might be wrong with her cos she's scared of going 2 d hospital 2 proceed with d scan d doc asked her to do.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Babice:
Hlo doc,ok,a friend of myn has an infection,her vagina itches,she has irregular menstrual cycle,serious menstrual pain evry month,coloured &smelling discharges,serious sharp stomach pain,she's had it 4 lyk 8yrs nw & she's jst 16,she once had it treated earlier dis yr,it went away & returned lyk 2 months later even worse,ok,last month,she went 2 anoda hospital 4 anoda checkup,she's a virgin, d doc inserted a speculum inside her vagina 2 test 4 d infection & she felt serious pain & was bleeding,she thinks her hymen was broken,was d doc supposed 2 do dat?is it possible that she is still a virgin & wat do u think might be wrong with her cos she's scared of going 2 d hospital 2 proceed with d scan d doc asked her to do.
with regards to that your friend. well I think she has what doctors call a chronic pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). she needs to see a gynaecologist and most likely they will take a sample of the discharge she is having(high vaginal swab m/c/s) for a test to identify the organisms causing the infection. also it is important she does the pelvic scan as the doctor requested cos that will help ascertain the possibility of an organic problem. Also she should try as much as possible to avoid douching, ensure very good hygiene, be watchful of the kind of public toilet she uses and the kind of underwear she uses. If she is already sexually active, cos most girls keep claiming virginity, well she shld make sure her boyfriend or sexual partner also gets treated.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Querty(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
For the past four months now, I have not enjoyed my health. I was first diagnosed with salmonella typhi. O and H 1/160

I have taken only ofloxacin and chloramphenicol as prescribed by doctors...

the only two symptoms dat have remained till date are severe joint pain and constant strange headache.... and also feeling of tiredness sometimes....

I have done virtually all tests known at doctors instructions but all tests have come out normal and ok including HIV except for widal ....1/160

plsee how can I be free from dis totally?

am about 28 years now, and since I grew to know myself I have not fallen sick beyond two days...

dis sickness is strange to me and has even caused me depression...plse help..
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:
For the past four months now, I have not enjoyed my health. I was first diagnosed with salmonella typhi. O and H 1/160

I have taken only ofloxacin and chloramphenicol as prescribed by doctors...

the only two symptoms dat have remained till date are severe joint pain and constant strange headache.... and also feeling of tiredness sometimes....

I have done virtually all tests known at doctors instructions but all tests have come out normal and ok including HIV except for widal ....1/160

plsee how can I be free from dis totally?

am about 28 years now, and since I grew to know myself I have not fallen sick beyond two days...

dis sickness is strange to me and has even caused me depression...plse help..
Salmonella typhi and paratyphi causes typhoid fever and paratyphoid fever as u know. well the main source of the infection include the water, we drink and the food we eat. I will advice you to make sure the source of your water is clean. Most people think the so called "pure water " is safe, but believe me most of them are not safe for drinking, as such I always advice boiling your water and if possible get water guard to treat the water before drinking. Also, make sure you pay attention to where u eat especially of you eat outside, and also make sure you wash or peel your fruits before eating them. On the other hand if you really want protect yourself by preventing the infection you can get the TYPHOID VACCINE. It gives you a 3 year protection against typhoid and it's also very affordable,furthermore it is on the long run cheaper and more cost effective than treating typhoid repeatedly.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
honeyjoy77:

Thanks, I'm ttc for 2yrs. This is the lab investigation report ! PROLACTIN 16.0 ng/ml, FSH 11.0 miu/ml, PROGESTERONE 8.5 ng/ml, LH 3.2 miu/ml.
the test is normal. The LH varies with the period in your menstrual cycle when the blood sample was taken. and also if one is on contraception the value also becomes this low. All the other parameters are also normal. Then with regards to you still ttc. Before one can say there's a problem of conception this criteria must have been met. 1) regular sexual exposure of at least three times a week for a period of at least one year in a woman that has never conceived or six months for a woman that has conceived before. Secondly the husband must deposit quality sperm. then thirdly the woman's reproductive system must be okay and also the hormonal system must also be okay. from the test you posted I can say the hormonal assay looks okay. Just ensure u fulfill the 1st criteria before you start bothering unnecessarily, because most patients don't have adequate sexual exposure and they start complaining of infertility when it's actually not there
Re: Ask The Doctor by honeyjoy77: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
salsonext:

the test is normal. The LH varies with the period in your menstrual cycle when the blood sample was taken. and also if one is on contraception the value also becomes this low. All the other parameters are also normal. Then with regards to you still ttc. Before one can say there's a problem of conception this criteria must have been met. 1) regular sexual exposure of at least three times a week for a period of at least one year in a woman that has never conceived or six months for a woman that has conceived before. Secondly the husband must deposit quality sperm. then thirdly the woman's reproductive system must be okay and also the hormonal system must also be okay. from the test you posted I can say the hormonal assay looks okay. Just ensure u fulfill the 1st criteria before you start bothering unnecessarily, because most patients don't have adequate sexual exposure and they start complaining of infertility when it's actually not there
I really appreciate your prompt response. My hubby had done semen analysis and result was okay. The test was conducted on six day of my circle.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
Sexologist:
hello doc, thanks for the good work here.... a female friend of mine was diagnosed with staph , she was advice by the doctor to use Diflucan and gynodactarin, even mycotin.

started last year....
1. she sees white yeast discharge from her privates.
2. itching
3. feel like peeing and peppery painful peeing experience.
4. during sex immediately after the first penetration, she said her privates brings out lots of whitish yeast discharge.
5. waist/back pain
6. growth around d privates..

After using the drugs prescribed still no cure...

this is over two years now....

what should she do? she is spending a lot and her lamentations are so much.... m close to the family, that's y I got to know... thanks

with regards to your friend, i have this questions for her. Did she have a sample from the discharge taken for test? (High vaginal swab m/c/s). now that she is having pain on urination, that simply means she has a urinary tract infection in addition to the yeast infection. Also the fact that she has pain on Menses and sexual intercourse might indicate a pelvic infection. furthermore, sometimes a vaginal yeast infection occurs with other vaginal infections like bacterial vaginosis,chlamydia, Trichomoniasis,genital warts,vaginitis, herpes and the rest. the best bet is for her to have the vaginal swab test done. she should also have a urine test done i.e urinalysis and urine m/c/s. that is to ascertain the presence of a urinary tract infection which i also think she has. But in the mean time she should increase her water intake.watch the public toilet you use, preferably use swipes and tissue paper to swipe and cover the toilet seat before sitting,stick to one sexual partner, avoid washing your genital area with soap, use cotton based under wears.make sure your sexual partner also gets treated. I would have prescribed some drugs for you if i had your e-mail.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
honeyjoy77:

I really appreciate your prompt response. My hubby had done semen analysis and result was okay. The test was conducted on six day of my circle.
with that info, it means the test result is normal. have ever u gotten pregnant in the past?, and is the sexual exposure adequate as i have defined it earlier?
Re: Ask The Doctor by honeyjoy77: 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2015
salsonext:

with that info, it means the test result is normal. have ever u gotten pregnant in the past?, and is the sexual exposure adequate as i have defined it earlier?
Thanks. No pregnancy in the past,sexual exposure is adequate at least five times in a week. Another thing is that my period is scanty at times the flow may be two or three days. Hope am ovulate with the result above though I have done pelvic scan everything is normal, no fibroid ,no pid.
Re: Ask The Doctor by iykenex(m): 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
salsonext:
Doc, my neighbour's daughter told me that she took a contraceptive drug for a pregnancy getting to 2 months and since then she has been seeing her menses two times in a month. Pls I need reply on what to tell her.
Re: Ask The Doctor by abisolaarshow(f): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello doc. God bless u. Please I have some rash on ma labia minora for almost two years now with no other symptom. I spoke with my doctor he checked it but said he didn't see anything though he is an old man kind off in early 60s but I was diagnosed of low blood pressure 90/50. He asked many questions but couldn't figure the cause of the low pressure. but I read on Internet that an infection can cause low blood pressure. Recently I noticed serious itch from the rash it was so intense I couldn't wait to go to the hospital.

I grinded garlic and rub the juice on it an it was so peppery n swollen which made me think it would work I also inserted some in the vagina for 3 consecutive days cos I read It's a natural remedy for bacteria. It actually reduced the itch a great deal but the rashes are still there and av been aving different kinds of discharge. first it formed clot and then the colour was deep yellow with no clot. It is now light yellow and it's been four days since I stopped the garlic use.

In anticipation of ur response. Thank u
Re: Ask The Doctor by abisolaarshow(f): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello doc. God bless u. Please I have some rash on ma labia minora for almost two years now with no other symptom. I spoke with my doctor he checked it but said he didn't see anything though he is an old man kind off in early 60s but I was diagnosed of low blood pressure 90/50. He asked many questions but couldn't figure the cause of the low pressure. but I read on Internet that an infection can cause low blood pressure. Recently I noticed serious itch from the rash it was so intense I couldn't wait to go to the hospital.

I grinded garlic and rub the juice on it an it was so peppery n swollen which made me think it would work I also inserted som are e in the vagina for 3 consecutive days cos I read It's a natural remedy for bacteria. It actually reduced the itch a great deal but the rashes still there and av been aving different kinds of discharge. first it formed clot and then the colour was deep yellow with no clot. It is now light yellow and it's been four days since I stopped the garlic use.

Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
abisolaarshow:

I grinded garlic and rub the juice on it an it was so peppery n swollen which made me think it would work I also inserted som are e in the vagina for 3 consecutive days cos I read It's a natural remedy for bacteria. It actually reduced the itch a great deal but the rashes still there and av been aving different kinds of discharge. first it formed clot and then the colour was deep yellow with no clot. It is now light yellow and it's been four days since I stopped the garlic use.

with regards to the genital rash that is now chronic. well there are various causes of genital rashes e.g genita herpes, warts, vulvovaginitis, syphilis and others. well with regards to this i think i think what u may have is likely to be genital herpes which is a viral infection usually contracted through sexual contact. but irrespective u should have a VDRL test and HIV test done and also u should have a vaginal swab M/c/S done to ascertain the organism causing of the funny discharge u are having. with regards to your low blood pressure,if u dont have any major symptoms like fainting, i am not disturbed, that means you are asymptomatic. i will just advice for now that you should increase your salt intake and increase your fluid i.e water intake. but dont bother yourself unnecessarily with that unless u have symptoms

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food For Diabetics - Top Foods For Diabetic Patients / Home Remedies And Natural Treatments For Diabetes / Help!!! Why Do We Urinate Often During Rainy Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.