Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread (893 Views)

3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. / How We Can Make Nigeria A Great Nation In 2years: Contribute Positively / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by mysterious12(m): 1:25am On Aug 21, 2014
I really feel bad for Nigeria. See how all of us are running away from our country like there is no tomorrow. Yes i know we are looking for greener pastures , but then, when we travel out we forget why we leave our country. Yes we leave our country, with the aim of returning back and developing our country. But, at this age everyone is so self centered, we only care for our own and the present. We do not think of our future.Please how many of us know the history of Nigeria? How many of us know even our local government chairmen? If we even complain or at least know or know a way of approaching our chairmen, would we be like this? apart from only our chairmen, we the youth have to find a way of helping ourselves one way or the other. We have to be lucrative, no be only federal government go help us. come up with more innovative ideas. I know you will say endorsement, but this is where i arrive at. we have no relationship with our government, and we have to let them know we exist. Occasionally we should go and visit our local Government in groups or better still a community or organizations, they can be very helpful to us. The FG allocates money to them you can request aid. This is hint number one. But how many of us will attempt.

How can we develop our country? this i will refer for the government. INDUSTRIALIZATION is the answer. According to how much revenue a state generates will determine the amount of money that will be allocated to that state. If more of our states can build more industries, make more banks and finance firms, manufacturing industries..... there will be more jobs, crime will reduce and more revenue will be generated. And when more revenue is generated, we can develop the country, make newer infrastructure ,skyscrapers , electricity, health, education,roads etc. We are not putting these into effects, and so, things will be harder for us. Look at us we have oil and yet still broke. If we can get to make our oil refinery work we will make more.

Please i request we Nigerians to do our own parts, I am not perfect but i try my best.
Sigh most of our youths only care about social media and so called celebrities that don't give a damn about us undecided cry sad

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by macsika: 1:34am On Aug 21, 2014
Nice... So when will you start doing?

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by kingui(m): 1:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Everday we talk about how to make 9ja a bettet place but the truth i have noticed is that it is better ssid than done. So get to action and stop saying this you will never do like T Oji A

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by deeobserver209(m): 1:58am On Aug 21, 2014
Good one. We all have one or two things to contribute to make Nigeria great. Sadly a lot of our youths today have buried themselves on frivolity and Get Rich Quick syndrome.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by Lombrozo(m): 5:37am On Aug 21, 2014
D best way to develop d country is to start in ur community / ur immediate environment by creating small business ventures.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by Onyegecha(f): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2014
Another solid fact is that an ordinary person cannot make much impact on the road to change. We must insist on our leaders being the right kind of persons and on creating a system that will not allow people to do whatever they like in positions of authority.

Asking the individual to change the society is just futile. What meaningful impact can he make when there is no bite in the laws of the land?

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by teemy(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Onyegecha: Another solid fact is that an ordinary person cannot make much impact on the road to change. We must insist on our leaders being the right kind of persons and on creating a system that will not allow people to do whatever they like in positions of authority.

Asking the individual to change the society is just futile. What meaningful impact can he make when there is no bite in the laws of the land?

The question is how does one become a leader and the focus is creating good leaders to replace the ones who would not be good over time. BTW not all leaders started out on the road to being bad but something happened allong the way. Their mistakes should be learnt and avoided else history repeats itself.

Another thing is the the general poplulace is not even sincere with having a change but are comfortable with the status quo. What is the purpose of seeking change if change itself is not being desired? Mindset review is needed on a national level.

Paying the price of becoming a leader & letting the people know that their birthright is more than what they are squabling for.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by thunderrider: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Onyegecha: Another solid fact is that an ordinary person cannot make much impact on the road to change. We must insist on our leaders being the right kind of persons and on creating a system that will not allow people to do whatever they like in positions of authority.

Ation is all what we need

we cannot keep doing things thesame way and expect a different result

we can start small

lets thinking outside the box

Is rocket science always neeeded when inventing the wheels- NO

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by slimfit1(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2014
Tell jeg to sell those refineries he promised to build and repair our refineries we are yet to see his promises.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by teemy(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2014
slimfit1: Tell jeg to sell those refineries he promised to build and repair our refineries we are yet to see his promises.

Sorry dear but there are more than enough threads for name calling, this one is on the way forward. Please contribute along that line. Your view is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by mysterious12(m): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
macsika: Nice... So when will you start doing?

See, this is the negative impression we have, Im i the only one in Nigeria, i try my best, what is our own contribution

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by mysterious12(m): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
slimfit1: Tell jeg to sell those refineries he promised to build and repair our refineries we are yet to see his promises.
Lombrozo: D best way to develop d country is to start in ur community / ur immediate environment by creating small business ventures.
deeobserver209: Good one. We all have one or two things to contribute to make Nigeria great. Sadly a lot of our youths today have buried themselves on frivolity and Get Rich Quick syndrome.
kingui: Everday we talk about how to make 9ja a bettet place but the truth i have noticed is that it is better ssid than done. So get to action and stop saying this you will never do like T Oji A
macsika: Nice... So when will you start doing?

the best way is to talk with our friends, let them understand us. From there one friend will tell the other. do not force anything on the, let them see and understand you. From there, the groups or set of people coming together to form a strong team, it can even extend to your community. When such group is crated, if you see what you are lacking, you march to the local government and demand for our rights.

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by slimfit1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
teemy:

Sorry dear but there are more than enough threads for name calling, this one is on the way forward. Please contribute along that line. Your view is appreciated.
could you please identify where I called people names pls ?
Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by teemy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
slimfit1:
could you please identify where I called people names pls ?

Hi, mentioning a politically involved name could make this thread derailed especially by those that would not want to know why (Nairaland has become a mess in that area these last years). It would be just better to be broad and not misstep on an unknown toe.
Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by slimfit1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
teemy:

Hi, mentioning a politically involved name could make this thread derailed especially by those that would not want to know why (Nairaland has become a mess in that area these last years). It would be just better to be broad and not misstep on an unknown toe.

Hello excuse you, what do you mean by step on unknown toe ?
Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by teemy(m): 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
slimfit1:

Hello excuse you, what do you mean by step on unknown toe ?

especially by those that would not want to know why
Re: If You Want To Make Nigeria A Better Place, This Is The Right Thread by Barmzee(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2017
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

The Bbc Has Not Reported On The Succesfull Repelling Of Bh In Bama Why / Watching Obama On CNN Today Address The Press In.... / World Health Organization Declares Nigeria Ebola-free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.