Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590633 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by IkemDee: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
No, no other document, just your international Passport and your eraser and pencil. Thanks
lady25:
Hello house. Are we to print any document for the examination day ,I mean Am I to go along with anyother document asides my international passport

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lady25(f): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2022
IkemDee:
No, no other document, just your international Passport and your eraser and pencil. Thanks
Thanks a million
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by writingpal: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2022
Trust yourself and keep studying, you know more than you think you do.
At any point you need assistance with your SOP or Resume for your application, reach out ob Whatsapp +2348135305367.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pholar11: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hello House, please help with preparation materials, tutorials, groups that can help with IELTS exam.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Layohrt(f): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2022
kenneyyice, Can you please help with the materials, please send to jackson_phebe@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by educereGuy: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2022
Success in almost all standardized tests by and large depends on a familiarity with some basic concepts and the IELTS is no exception. Hence, the preparation time for a candidate is determined by their familiarity with the concepts being tested. The IELTS tests for proficiency in the English language, which, frankly speaking, is not a strong suit for majority of Nigerians.

A wholistic approach to this exam preparation should begin with an assessment of the candidates current level before we move on to customizing a study plan for them. There's no one size fits all for this. You cannot build anything solid on a shaky foundation
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Petitequeen(f): 9:06am On Jun 22, 2022
Should have done this since. Been following this thread since last year, but finally wrote my tests on June 4th. I was only able to prepare fully a week to the exam dates. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has posted something or shared experiences and tips here. God bless you! I wrote computer based tests(Academic) and had the following results.

Listening: 8.5
Speaking: 8.0
Writing: 7.5
Reading: 7.0

Overall: 8.0

I prepared more for reading as it is apparent and also read to familiarize myself with some speaking topics on IELTSwithLiz and IELTSbuddy (sites I only got to know of from this thread) just 2 days to the exam. For writing, I didn’t prepare at all as I felt I was good in that field already, so I only read up on how to structure the essays. For reading however, I couldn’t grasp how that part went, whenever I tried to prepare, I would always get a band 7.5 or 7.0, I later saw tips on how to answer some reading questions on IELTSwithLiz but I had already giving up on that part of the test, plus I was so pressed on the day of the exam and the comprehension passages looked like Spanish.

All in all, I am thankful for the help and support here. The only advice I have is if you know you do not shine in all of the test parameters, start preparing early and intensify efforts on the parameters you feel you would easily excel in. Personally I feel it is easy to get a high band score in listening and speaking if you pay undivided attention and if you speak freely and friendly as how you would to a friend without cramming or using big and unfamiliar words. Also please take a bottle of water along if you easily get dehydrated and do well to take a pee before the exam.

Cheers and good success to everyone writing this month and subsequently.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Henlaw: 4:32am On Jun 23, 2022
pholar11:
Please share the contact, I'd like to join. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jimmiedave(m): 7:02am On Jun 24, 2022
Congrats dear and thanks for the information. I plan writing next month.
How is the computer based test, I plan writing the paper based cos am not to fast in typing.

Petitequeen:
Should have done this since. Been following this thread since last year, but finally wrote my tests on June 4th. I was only able to prepare fully a week to the exam dates. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has posted something or shared experiences and tips here. God bless you! I wrote computer based tests(Academic) and had the following results.

I prepared more for reading as it is apparent and also read to familiarize myself with some speaking topics on IELTSwithLiz and IELTSbuddy (sites I only got to know of from this thread) just 2 days to the exam. For writing, I didn’t prepare at all as I felt I was good in that field already, so I only read up on how to structure the essays. For reading however, I couldn’t grasp how that part went, whenever I tried to prepare, I would always get a band 7.5 or 7.0, I later saw tips on how to answer some reading questions on IELTSwithLiz but I had already giving up on that part of the test, plus I was so pressed on the day of the exam and the comprehension passages looked like Spanish.

All in all, I am thankful for the help and support here. The only advice I have is if you know you do not shine in all of the test parameters, start preparing early and intensify efforts on the parameters you feel you would easily excel in. Personally I feel it is easy to get a high band score in listening and speaking if you pay undivided attention and if you speak freely and friendly as how you would to a friend without cramming or using big and unfamiliar words. Also please take a bottle of water along if you easily get dehydrated and do well to take a pee before the exam.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Idez: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
Congratulations to you.
Please, I'm new on this trend and I'm about preparing for ielts. Can you help me with these material that you made use of?(IELTSwithLiz and IELTSbuddy) thanks

ote author=Petitequeen post=114039946]Should have done this since. Been following this thread since last year, but finally wrote my tests on June 4th. I was only able to prepare fully a week to the exam dates. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has posted something or shared experiences and tips here. God bless you! I wrote computer based tests(Academic) and had the following results.

[/quote]
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Honeysweetest(f): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2022
Make I ask again, did anyone register for IELTS with national id card?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ovi4real(f): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello House,

Just coming across this thread, never knew it exists. I want to book for a test next week computer based, all I am seeing is Port Harcourt location Please help!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DGreatACO(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2022
DrBonat:
Please let's create a WhatsApp group chat those of us taking the IELTS this year or had taken the IELTS this will help us to learn more from one another.
Add me too.
Please check my signature for contact. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Milanto: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2022
Please do you the same issue? Did your result show up?
Ulrich01:

Hello please did the result later show up?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Milanto: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2022
Is your results out nw? How long did it take?
Xhaka100:
Pls, I wrote my IELTS exam on 16th January, up till now the result is not out.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Milanto: 8:36am On Jun 27, 2022
Is your result out now? How long did it take?
derommyvent:
Good morning, Please is there anyone that took Ielts exam on 14th of January that has seen his or her result?
The results are supposed to be released yesterday being 27th January, making it exactly 13 day.
My status is still showing awaiting result and there's another message under result section that reads "Results for this test is currently not available. Please contact your test centre for further details."
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bisiswag(f): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Please does anyone know how to apply for enquiry on results when the results are not online? The results were hand delivered by a dispatch rider. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Fweshspice(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hello everyone.. I registered for IELTS via British Council website on the 20th of this month (a week ago) yet my registration status shows - Booked Awaiting Approval. I already sent them a mail (4 days ago) with evidence of payment for approval but no response at the moment.. Pls how do I go about this?? Is there anyone with similar issue in the past and how did you rectify it?
My test schedule is 6th July for speaking and 9th July for LWR
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ulrich01(m): 1:21am On Jun 28, 2022
Milanto:
Please do you the same issue? Did your result show up?
Yes few hours after
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jimmiedave(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Pls has anyone here taken the computer based test before, pls share your experience ,especially in the area of writing
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Freelyliving: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2022
Hi house ,. So I got a band 6.5 in my IELTS... Is that good enough? I'm real jittery.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Freelyliving: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2022
jimmiedave:
Pls has anyone here taken the computer based test before, pls share your experience ,especially in the area of writing

Did about 3-4 days ago , two questions

One , write >250 words
The other >350 words.

The other one is about a writing/interpreting a real life graph and the other is just about two arguements..

You need to learn structuring of statements.

It wasn't bad.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jimmiedave(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
Thanks for your response. Am familiar with the structuring. What am after is the time given, because am not that fast in typing, or did you write with pen? Or did u do it , did you typed the 250 words with keyboard?.
Pls share how u did it.

Freelyliving:

Did about 3-4 days ago , two questions

One , write >250 words
The other >350 words.

The other one is about a writing/interpreting a real life graph and the other is just about two arguements..

You need to learn structuring of statements.

It wasn't bad.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Freelyliving: 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
jimmiedave:
Thanks for your response. Am familiar with the structuring. What am after is the time given, because am not that fast in typing, or did you write with pen? Or did u do it , did you typed the 250 words with keyboard?.
Pls share how u did it.

If you opt in for a CBT based test , you're using the computer for the whole exam except for the speaking test obviously. The writing test , two questions, 60 minutes.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lady25(f): 8:52am On Jun 30, 2022
Petitequeen:
Should have done this since. Been following this thread since last year, but finally wrote my tests on June 4th. I was only able to prepare fully a week to the exam dates. I just want to say thank you to everyone that has posted something or shared experiences and tips here. God bless yoted to prepare, I would always get a band 7.5 or 7.0, I later saw tips on how to answer some reading questions on IELTSwithLiz but I had already giving up on that part of the test, plus I was so pressed on the day of the exam and the comprehension passages looked like Spanish.

Big congratulations to you. I wrote my test yesterday. It was also CBT. How long did it take before you got your result. Was the result delivered online or to the address you put down
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by littledarline(f): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good afternoon fellow nairalander. Please this link is not working and I want to join the group as i am writing IELTS in August
Davido97:

Yes we have created a group for this purpose please try the link below it should direct you to the group and if it doesn't kindly contact me on whatsapp via: 07012780228

Link: https:///BkS9c1YjUuwEkUrEZbqzGj
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by littledarline(f): 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good afternoon fellow nairalander.
Please this link is not working and I want to join the group as i am writing IELTS in August
Can you please post another link?

Davido97:

Yes we have created a group for this purpose please try the link below it should direct you to the group and if it doesn't kindly contact me on whatsapp via: 07012780228

Link: https:///BkS9c1YjUuwEkUrEZbqzGj
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Davido97: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
[quote author=littledarline post=114293619]Good afternoon fellow nairalander.
Please this link is not working and I want to join the group as i am writing IELTS in August
Can you please post another
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jejebjay(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good evening Fam, please I sat for CBT IELTS on the 24th of June through British council, have been trying to check my results but showing "awaiting results" which is over 5 days . Pls is anyone also experiencing this?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DrBonat(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
DGreatACO:

Add me too.
Please check my signature for contact. Thanks.

I can't accurately decode how you have written it...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DGreatACO(m): 12:55am On Jul 01, 2022
DrBonat:

I can't accurately decode how you have written it...
It's more readable now.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Petitequeen(f): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
lady25:

Big congratulations to you. I wrote my test yesterday. It was also CBT. How long did it take before you got your result. Was the result delivered online or to the address you put down

Thank you. It took 4 days for me to view it online, through their result checking website. I am yet to request a delivery of the TRF to my address.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.